Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
KarenOR
Earning My Ears

Windsor Hills

Oh man, there is so much stuff on here, I couldn't even find a search or anything else. I'll have to really sit down when I have more time.
Anyway, we're going in March. Not the time I wanted, but we have a family function in NC in March and are going to Disney before coming back to Oregon.

I've been all over the place with where to stay, but I think I've decided on Windsor Hills unless people have horrible things to say.

4 of us, in a 3 bedroom condo.

Has anyone stayed there or familiar with it? Prices look great. Much more flexibility than being on site.

If you have stayed, any opinion on which building to stay in? Looking at the site map, Bldg 8 looks to be right at the pool (which looks amazing) .But how FAR really is building 4, for example? Are my kids going to whine after a long day ? Am I?

Thanks!
KarenOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
sympatico
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed in the condos but stayed in about the furthest townhouse from the pool and it only took 5 min to walk there. Building 4 looks to be closer than that.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
rellinge
Earning My Ears

Windsor Hills is great. Your family will love it. The pool and slide rock. Can't comment on the condo building locations.
rellinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

love windsor hills...see my trip siggie...2011 will be back there in 12 days
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
leanne11
Always remember to use the net to store your loose items on the MIB ride

U can usually get a townhome for the same price they r very nice...lots of room...3 bedrooms and little pool...just go to Windsor hills and select what u want and dates and sit back...they will come flooding in...pick a price and go for it...we stayed at

otterspool. .....no complaints...

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09
leanne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
dbrn
Mouseketeer

My family (four of us - two kids, ages 5 & 7), stayed in a 2-bedroom condo in Building 4. Parking is right by the condo, and there is an elevator up to whatever floor you're on. Believe me, I was glad for that at the end of a long day. The building is about 2 blocks from the pool, not a long walk at all. We were very happy with the condo, plenty of space for all of us and very relaxing. My kids still say they miss the condo, and they enjoyed the pool. When we go back, we'll definitely stay at Windsor Hills.

Enjoy your trip, whatever you decide.
dbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
megthewonderful
DIS Veteran

Windsor Hills

We always stay at the Windsor Hills. We usually stay in a townhouse, but last summer stayed in a condo in building 4. It was not a long walk to the pool at all. I think we probably had a longer walk to the pool from the townhouse we rented there just a few weeks ago. My only advice is not to stay in a ground floor condo because people are always walking by and cars are parked right outside some of them.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

We stayed in WH in October '10 3bd/3bath Townhouse and really enjoyed it. It is a beautiful place! I would go back in a heartbeat. We rented through vacationcentralflorida and had no problems at all. I know you chan check windsorhillrent.com and get all kinds of offers, you just have to sort through them.
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
KarenOR
Earning My Ears

Thanks all.

I was tired of looking at a million different things, so I just bit the bullet and picked one. We will be staying at WH in a place called "Mickey's Condo". It was a little more, but great location, by the pool, but not ON the pool. You can see fireworks from the lanai and all the bedrooms are Mickey
KarenOR is offline   Reply With Quote