Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy Loo View Post
Just got a phone call from seaworld. No more 245 meal. I could choose from 12.15 or 530. We are there 17th aug.
What? I am calling now . . . and I am not happy. I called twice and was "guaranteed" both times that the 2:45 show would go on as booked.
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Sorry! I was called by mellissa who said the trainers had moved the times? As i said we go fri 17th so maybe your date is ok ??? Good luck x
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Sorry! Hope your day is okay mellisa from sea world said the trainers had changed the time good luck
Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry! I was called by mellissa who said the trainers had moved the times? As i said we go fri 17th so maybe your date is ok ??? Good luck x
No call from Sea World for me, but I'm sure they will be calling. Just hung up with yet another CM - this time Kay - who once again said there is no need to worry. They have not cancelled 2:45 on my date. I bet I get a call within a day or two. When I do, I think I'm going to just cancel the whole reservation unless they can guarantee me that we'll be in the first row (which I'm sure they won't). At this point, I'm sure my seats wouldn't be very good. (I did ask again whether they could tell me how many people had already booked at the other times. They told me they could not.)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry! Hope your day is okay mellisa from sea world said the trainers had changed the time good luck
Did you ask about where you would be seated - whether they just would put you next in line on the list or whether they'd bump you up?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

I did ask about seats. The lady said we were in a group of 20 so all seats were good . I hope shes right. Good luck to everyone !!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Just got the call to rebook us from Debbie at Sea World. There were about 50 people already booked, so I cancelled.

I am beyond frustrated. If I would have been given accurate information on 7/27 (when I first called about this), we would have likely been at the front of the list for the 12:15 show, and I would have simply rebooked it. But because I was given the complete runaround, and basically told that I was an idiot for even being worried about the 2:45 show being cancelled, my family will not get to experience Dine with Shamu. This clearly was an instance of information not being given to the call center when it should have been, and frankly some very rude people at the call center handling my calls very, very poorly.

If this is an indication of how Sea World runs its business, I am doubting my decision to even come to Sea World on this trip. 8/13 is supposed to be our first visit to Sea World (although we go to Orlando every year on vacation). This episode has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I am second guessing whether to even give Sea World a try.

Luckily I hadn't told my kids about this, so at least they won't be disappointed.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebuck
Just got the call to rebook us from Debbie at Sea World. There were about 50 people already booked, so I cancelled.

I am beyond frustrated. If I would have been given accurate information on 7/27 (when I first called about this), we would have likely been at the front of the list for the 12:15 show, and I would have simply rebooked it. But because I was given the complete runaround, and basically told that I was an idiot for even being worried about the 2:45 show being cancelled, my family will not get to experience Dine with Shamu. This clearly was an instance of information not being given to the call center when it should have been, and frankly some very rude people at the call center handling my calls very, very poorly.

If this is an indication of how Sea World runs its business, I am doubting my decision to even come to Sea World on this trip. 8/13 is supposed to be our first visit to Sea World (although we go to Orlando every year on vacation). This episode has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I am second guessing whether to even give Sea World a try.

Luckily I hadn't told my kids about this, so at least they won't be disappointed.
Im so sorry for you.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Im so sorry for you.
Thanks. I knew this was coming, but still am very disappointed. I think what frustrates me the most is the way they treated me. I don't expect great customer service from anyone anymore, but they made me feel like an idiot for even suggesting that the 2:45 might be cancelled.

I sent Sea World an email. I'm not holding my breath that they respond, or if they do, that it will be any more than an form response. But I thought I shoudl at least try to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Have fun at the event. I'm sure your family will have a great time.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebuck View Post

I am sorry there has been so much confusion surrounding your Dine with Shamu reservation.

I can only speak for myself when I say that I think SeaWorld (and its customer service) are generally wonderful. On par with Disney, in my experience. I would guess there has been much confusion with the return of Dine with Shamu as they find their "new normal" after being closed for such an extended period of time. That's not an excuse for how things were handled in your case, but simply a reason where I can definitely see why it happened.

SeaWorld is a great park. Its my favourite in all of Orlando. I think your family would have a great time there, and encourage you to still give it a try.

We are hoping to secure a reservation for Dine with Shamu for our Christmas trip. Hopefully by then, they will have their schedule firmly ironed out and we will not have any of the frustrations you have experienced.

Hopefully this wrinkle will not colour your entire trip. Enjoy your vacation .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I hope they get all the kinks out and everybody has a great trip. We are considering Dine with Shamu in October. I can't book just yet but I am kinda scared to when I can.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #27
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

I've had a message on my phone from Seaworld to ring them about the time change as well. I'm in the UK so bit stuck with the time difference to ring them back. Will be straight on the phone later to make sure we still get a seat!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #28
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina;45681702]II can only speak for myself when I say that I think SeaWorld (and its customer service) are generally wonderful. On par with Disney, in my experience. [QUOTE]

I wish I would have shared your experience. Not only did I get very poor customer service from 4 CMs on 3 separate calls, but I sent them an email yesterday explaining what happened. I at least expected to receive a form "sorry for your bad experience" response from them. Over 24 hours later, I've received no response. And they did not even process my refund yet. (I called this morning, and they said the request for a refund was noted but not yet processed.)
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm just in from work and have rung. The 12.15 was full. Good job that after some debate this morning we had finally decided to opt for 5.30 as it was a more appropriate time to enjoy the free beer.

Still, I think its bad that they have obviously been allowing new bookings to be taken before sorting out the original ones that they have already had the money for.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

oh - and the spiel you get about the trainers have changed the schedule - PLEASE - we all know that its Seaworld adding in another show because obviously the bookings are going well and they can make more money.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: