Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #121
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! I'm glad you ended up making it to Le Cellier, and hopefully the food will continue to deliver.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #122
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy you got to experience Le Cellier and that your trip so far has been great! Sorry to hear about the blisters though, I've learned over the years that even the most comfortable shoes can suddenly turn on you at WDW, LOL. Hope your trip continues to be magical!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #123
susieq76
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your food pics rock! Can't wait to see the ones from WDW!!!! Hope you have a happy honeymoon!!!!

susieq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #124
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip
Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! I'm glad you ended up making it to Le Cellier, and hopefully the food will continue to deliver.
It was really stressful and almost laughable when I tell you what happened to Le Cellier. The V&A meal is today. I have to make sure the camera is certainly fully-charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228
I'm so happy you got to experience Le Cellier and that your trip so far has been great! Sorry to hear about the blisters though, I've learned over the years that even the most comfortable shoes can suddenly turn on you at WDW, LOL. Hope your trip continues to be magical!
Thanks! I honestly think blisters are jut unavoidable with the amount of walking in theme parks. I did have one amazing sprinkle of pixie dust. Will dish the details when I start the DR when I get back. V&A is today. I am a bit nervous and excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq76
Wow! Your food pics rock! Can't wait to see the ones from WDW!!!! Hope you have a happy honeymoon!!!!
Thanks so much! So far only two pictures didn't turn out as planned. Pub lighting and dishes that are predominantly red taken in yellow light (pasta) made for interesting and difficult photos. I will have to definitely do some post photo editing when I get back.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #125
martinolichfamily
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
March 2007: 1st family vacation (off site) ~ July 2009: Fort Wilderness Cabin ~ July 2010: POP Century w/DxDP ~ April 2011:POP Century w/DP (Our 10 yr Anniversary Trip) ~ July 2012:1st Disneyland Trip(Desert Palms) ~ January 2013: offsite (DH & I) ~ July 2013: SS & AKL:Kidani (Brayden's 1st WDW Trip! & 1st DVC Trip!)~ November 2013: SS Treehouse & BC ~March 2014: Bonnet Creek (offsite) ~ June 2014: OKW
martinolichfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #126
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily
I'm in!
Thank you very much! I am so happy to see you here!

UPDATE:
I just had my Victoria & Albert dinner experience. I am afraid everything will pale in comparison. It was truly sublime. Miz Paula, you are going to totally enjoy yourself when you eat at the chef's table.

Tomorrow is Barb's favorite California Grill. I will be having a sushi focused meal. I can't wait!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #127
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

That's wonderful news! I've never been to V&A, but it's definitely on my list - can't wait to hear your thoughts on the experience.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #128
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

So glad you had a great experience at V&A. It truly is amazing!

Jill in CO
Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #129
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
Thank you very much! I am so happy to see you here!

UPDATE:
I just had my Victoria & Albert dinner experience. I am afraid everything will pale in comparison. It was truly sublime. Miz Paula, you are going to totally enjoy yourself when you eat at the chef's table.

Tomorrow is Barb's favorite California Grill. I will be having a sushi focused meal. I can't wait!
I am VERY much looking forward to the final dinner of our trip!! 4 weeks from today!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #130
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip
That's wonderful news! I've never been to V&A, but it's definitely on my list - can't wait to hear your thoughts on the experience.

It was just truly sublime. You need to eat there, DDW!!! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill
So glad you had a great experience at V&A. It truly is amazing!

Jill in CO
It is, Jill. It is such an incredible experience. I find it more to be an food experience than a meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps

I am VERY much looking forward to the final dinner of our trip!! 4 weeks from today!!
Take copious photos, Paula!!!

UPDATE:
I am flying home today and have started collating all my thoughts and impressions for my reviews. I took 64GB of photos, lol. Not all are food but a good half is. I will start my reviews soon. If anyone is interested, I can also do a post about how I take my pictures including tips on photography, lighting, etc. It has been a glorious week at Disney but I am ready to go home to my sweet two-year old DD and my not so sweet but pretty cat. DH and I decided we will return in seven years to WDW and stay at the Grand Floridian for 10 days. We fell in love with this resort on our stay. It will take that long to save up for it but it will be worth it as DD's very first trip to see Mickey. I just hope there is a way to take in a meal at V&As again when we visit for our anniversary.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #131
sushi candy
Foodie

Le Cellier Dinner Review

Background Info

This is a little background info on the stress that happened which changed this review from a lunch to a dinner. We had an ADR for 2:40pm. Our plane landed at 12:30pm at MCO and we were on the bus quickly. However, it was our DME driver's first day and she got us lost. By the time we had our impromptu tour of different resorts, we arrived at Port Orleans by 2:30pm. We took a taxi to the Beach Club and arrived quickly. I asked DH to run through the International Gateway and storm Le Cellier. He got wrong directions and ended up running to the Boardwalk. Oy. I met up with him at the International Gateway entrance and there was only one bag check lady and a long line before her. I carried all our bags and DH went through fine. He got lost again. He received directions that Le Cellier was in France. By the time I made it to Le Cellier, they have already closed the kitchen. The manager was kind enough to waive the cancellation fee and offer us a spot for dinner. We took the offer and got a slot at 4pm. It was super stressful and an excellent test of fire to any relationship.

Le Cellier Dinner

Le Cellier Bread Basket

Wagyu Beef Carpaccio
The blend of the textures makes this dish- the harmony of crispiness from
the frisee and capers to the silkiness of the wagyu beef slices. The saltiness of the capers complements the lemon oil and the essence of the wagyu beef. I absolutely loved it. I totally inhaled this dish.

Rating:

Seared Sea Scallops
The sweet butternut squash underneath the naturally sweet, and plump scallops accompanied a spicy red jam sauce. The mix of the sweet and spicy flavours made for a succulent dish. I really loved the spiciness of the jam and the buttery sweetness of the squash. Both were balanced really well. I definitely enjoyed this appetizer as much as the carpaccio. Yes, I inhaled both appetizers alone. I am not ashamed, lol.

Rating:

Grilled Ribeye
DH had this and he isn't a steak person. He said it "wasn't bad". Get used to that expression, he uses it often, lol.

Mushroom Filet
I am a mushroom person. This dish is perfect if you are a mushroom lover. The mushroom flavour in the risotto is quite potent and perfect. The filet was perfectly cooked- marshmallow soft and pink, and just the right portion. I devoured this entree entirely despite having eaten two appetizers already. I couldn't help myself. It was an excellent entree.

Rating:

Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Cream Cheese, "L8 Harvest" Melon Tartar, Pickled Watermelon Rind
I found the cake very dense and nutty. Unfortunately, it was too heavy for me and I only ate half. The cream filling was completely overpowered by the denseness of the cake. The praline on top was very hard. The melon tartar and the pickled watermelon rind however were very tasty and refreshing. These two were very light, simple, and incredibly addictive. I wish the cake was reincarnated as a light mousse instead. I adored two out of the three offerings on the plate.

Chocolate Dessert
DH loved the mini lava cake and just inhaled it. He didn't care for the other two offerings.

Overall:
I definitely rate Le Cellier as an Alice. This meal was extremely close to perfection. It was the perfect start of our trip.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #132
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Yay, your reviews have started! What a crazy experience getting to Le Cellier - I'm so happy you were still able to have a meal there.

Your food at Le Cellier looks incredible, especially the appetizers and desserts (but I'm not a huge steak person). Your pics came out really well, especially considering LC's dim lighting. And finally, fantastic commentary. With your dessert, for example, I like you how thoroughly described the components you liked, and then made a constructive suggestion for reworking the pistachio cake.

This is going to be one incredible dining report!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #133
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Wow, rough start but glad LC made up for it! The food looks very tasty and your photos are great!

Jill in CO
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #134
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Amazing start!!! Le Cellier... Via Nappoli... Le Cellier... Via Nappoli.... UGH!! It's SOO HARD! lol.

I'm sorry your trip to arrive at the world was so stressful. The meal does sound amazing though! I can't wait to read more!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #135
jabead
DIS Veteran

Yay...you have started your reviews, Rosey! I've been waiting for this one.

Oh, and great start, by the way. I love your Le Cellier pics!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: