Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #76
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,585

Another set of incredible food pics - that pie looks like something straight from Snow White's kitchen. And I've always loved Vietnamese "summer rolls", so your second dish also looks delicious.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #77
jabead
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 7,083

Wow Rosey...you can seriously cook/bake!!!

Heck with WDW, I think I'm going to Ontario, Canada for my next vacation. Do you by chance take boarders???
__________________
Barb

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary


DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #78
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,393

I completely missed your line about V&A's!! That is SO exciting!! What a wonderful meal for your honeymoon! I had completely planned on booking the regular dining room when they told me the Chef's Table was available! I was shocked!! But I scooped that baby right up!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #79
sushi candy
Foodie
 
sushi candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Another set of incredible food pics - that pie looks like something straight from Snow White's kitchen. And I've always loved Vietnamese "summer rolls", so your second dish also looks delicious.
Thanks, DDW! I crave these rolls ever so often in the summer and hot pho soup in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Wow Rosey...you can seriously cook/bake!!!

Heck with WDW, I think I'm going to Ontario, Canada for my next vacation. Do you by chance take boarders???
Lol, thanks! I always make too much and I would love to welcome you to eat here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I completely missed your line about V&A's!! That is SO exciting!! What a wonderful meal for your honeymoon! I had completely planned on booking the regular dining room when they told me the Chef's Table was available! I was shocked!! But I scooped that baby right up!!
V&As will be the best meal. I am already dreaming about it. I need to get a cocktail dress for the occasion. Have you got a lovely dress in mind for your dinner, Paula?
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #80
sushi candy
Foodie
 
sushi candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 227

A bit of an update. We thought DH has celiac but apparently he doesn't, which is great. This means I won't be scrambling to change reservations.

Secondly, I managed to snag a Le Cellier ADR for 2:40pm. My plane gets in at 12:45pm. I hope to catch the DME to POFQ, take a taxi to the Beach Club, and take the International Gateway. It will be tight but I think still doable. I am still trying for a 3:00 ADR that day.

I leave you with more food porn, lol.

Gravlax (Salmon cured with sea salt, lemon, and vodka)


Fried Shrimp Crackers


Sweet Potato Chips with Avocado Hummus
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #81
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran
 
MrsB1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 2,154 km from our happy place.
Posts: 817

Firstly, congrats on the V&A reservation!! I can't think of a more appropriate spot for a special anniversary dinner!

Second, I am in awe of your food pics, both for your artistry in the kitchen as well as with a camera, just amazing Rosey!
__________________
Have a magical day!
~Carol



Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #82
Candycane83
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 186

Hey Rosey. Congrats on your honeymoon! I just stumbled into this thread and am very much looking forward to hearing more. I'm going in November and some restauarants you will be visiting are the same as the ones I lined up.

Oh and those food pictures look amazing! I'm from Ontario too. Which city are you in if you don't mind me asking?
Candycane83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #83
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370

I know how you can travel whenever you choose! Open a bakery! I'll be your first customer!! 1 Dozen mini chocolate souffles please!

Congratulations on your Disneymoon!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #84
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran
 
MrsB1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 2,154 km from our happy place.
Posts: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
I know how you can travel whenever you choose! Open a bakery! I'll be your first customer!! 1 Dozen mini chocolate souffles please!

Congratulations on your Disneymoon!!
Great idea! I'll be in line right behind you!
__________________
Have a magical day!
~Carol



Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #85
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,400

Wow! Those food photos are so amazing (and I'll bet the food tastes amazing too!!). I just got a new camera and I think that your practice photos blow mine out of the water!! I can't wait to see the photos of your Disney food because I'm sure they will be just beautiful.

And congrats on the V&A reservation I'm dying to see those photos!!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #86
sushi candy
Foodie
 
sushi candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Firstly, congrats on the V&A reservation!! I can't think of a more appropriate spot for a special anniversary dinner!

Second, I am in awe of your food pics, both for your artistry in the kitchen as well as with a camera, just amazing Rosey!
Thanks Carol! I haven't been practicing in the making food and taking pics lately since I have been sick for the past two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane83 View Post
Hey Rosey. Congrats on your honeymoon! I just stumbled into this thread and am very much looking forward to hearing more. I'm going in November and some restauarants you will be visiting are the same as the ones I lined up.

Oh and those food pictures look amazing! I'm from Ontario too. Which city are you in if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you so much! I used to live in Toronto but my DH has moved me to a quiet little town near Brantford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
I know how you can travel whenever you choose! Open a bakery! I'll be your first customer!! 1 Dozen mini chocolate souffles please!

Congratulations on your Disneymoon!!
Thank you! I will be making the souffles again tomorrow when a dear friend visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Great idea! I'll be in line right behind you!
lol! Get me while they are hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Wow! Those food photos are so amazing (and I'll bet the food tastes amazing too!!). I just got a new camera and I think that your practice photos blow mine out of the water!! I can't wait to see the photos of your Disney food because I'm sure they will be just beautiful.

And congrats on the V&A reservation I'm dying to see those photos!!
Thank you so much, Tracy! I am using a Nikon DSLR. I found that DSLRs, though clunky, are so much better in producing picture quality. Once I got my DSLR, I couldn't use a point and shoot for pictures anymore.

As for the V&A reservation, I think this will be one of the best meals of my life.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #87
nanienamou
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 458

Wow! Great food pics! I should practice too! We have a Canon 7D DSLR, but I always keep it on auto setting and kinda take pics on the fly. You have beautiful skills!
nanienamou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #88
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,585

The gravlax and shrimp crackers look like they're about to leap off the screen - with every post, your food pics whet my appetite even more.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #89
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,082

I'm late but I'm totally in! Your DD is such a cutie.

You will LOVE V&A. I've eaten there twice and it is AMAZING! If you drink, try the wine pairing.

Your food pics are great!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #90
sushi candy
Foodie
 
sushi candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
Wow! Great food pics! I should practice too! We have a Canon 7D DSLR, but I always keep it on auto setting and kinda take pics on the fly. You have beautiful skills!
Thank you so much. I love your food pics already. I love how practicing involves eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
The gravlax and shrimp crackers look like they're about to leap off the screen - with every post, your food pics whet my appetite even more.
Thanks, DDW! 19 more days left for me. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm late but I'm totally in! Your DD is such a cutie.

You will LOVE V&A. I've eaten there twice and it is AMAZING! If you drink, try the wine pairing.

Your food pics are great!

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill! We were tempted to get the wine pairing but DH and I are not drinkers unfortunately. I am such a lightweight- it's embarrassing.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: