Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #46
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Looking forward to your review of captain's grille. It's one of the places that I'm considering adding for our December trip. And the jalapeño cheese pretzel is my all time favorite snack in the world. I've only ever seen it at AK. That would be great if they added locations because I would love to get it multiple times and we never go to AK more than 1 day. I hope you have a fantastic Disneymoon!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #47
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
On a foodie note, I reminded myself that I need to make these again some time. They are dark chocolate coffee souffles.

That looks AMAZING! Just WOW!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #48
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Foodie or not, that looks delicious.
Thanks! Also thanks to your glowing recommendation of the Grand Floridian Cafe, I have booked breakfast there! I can't believe I am on the DDDP and am still paying for breakfast OOP at the Sassagoula Floatworks on our last day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Joining in! Looking forward to your review of captain's grille. It's one of the places that I'm considering adding for our December trip. And the jalapeño cheese pretzel is my all time favorite snack in the world. I've only ever seen it at AK. That would be great if they added locations because I would love to get it multiple times and we never go to AK more than 1 day. I hope you have a fantastic Disneymoon!
Thank you so much! I am more eager to eat that jalapeño pretzel now. I hope the Captain's Grille serves up an excellent meal. The menu looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
That looks AMAZING! Just WOW!
Thank you so much, Brenda! I am somewhat of a novice cook/baker. The souffles are finicky to make but totally worth it.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #49
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

How fun! Your adr's look great!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #50
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Also thanks to your glowing recommendation of the Grand Floridian Cafe, I have booked breakfast there! I can't believe I am on the DDDP and am still paying for breakfast OOP at the Sassagoula Floatworks on our last day.
Hopefully breakfast will be delicious there - I see some very appealing choices on the menu, such as citrus pancakes.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #51
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much! We will be at POFQ at the same time!
I can't wait to try the fresh, hot beignets at Sassagoula's.

What you said sounds right- if I fall in love and decide to just keep coming back, there is nothing wrong with that.

Have you finished all your dining plans as well?
Yes my dining plans have been finished since I booked back in March! lol

I will be at The Plaza Restaurant the first night for dinner, paying OOP for that one since the menu is fairly cheap. Kona Cafe for both dinner and breakfast- this is my favorite restaurant! I am also doing Teppan Edo and Hoop-dee-doo, both for the first time, so I am really looking forward to those!

Your dining plans look great! I can't believe I can finally say I will be at WDW next month!!!!!! Maybe we will cross paths!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #52
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
How fun! Your adr's look great!
Thanks so much! I really think I am done fiddling with them. I hope I am done. Lol.

Quote:
Hopefully breakfast will be delicious there - I see some very appealing choices on the menu, such as citrus pancakes.
I have my eye on that Lobster Benedict, DDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
Yes my dining plans have been finished since I booked back in March! lol

I will be at The Plaza Restaurant the first night for dinner, paying OOP for that one since the menu is fairly cheap. Kona Cafe for both dinner and breakfast- this is my favorite restaurant! I am also doing Teppan Edo and Hoop-dee-doo, both for the first time, so I am really looking forward to those!

Your dining plans look great! I can't believe I can finally say I will be at WDW next month!!!!!! Maybe we will cross paths!
You planned so early! I had about 90 days to go and even then I couldn't get every ADR I wanted (Le Cellier). Hoop de doo sounds like fun. I definitely want to try that the next time we end up in WDW.

We probably will cross paths at POFQ.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #53
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have my eye on that Lobster Benedict, DDW.
That also sounds delicious!

Here's a random question - are you planning on using credits or paying OOP at Fulton's for lunch?

The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure Fulton's is a signature restaurant, but the lunch menu doesn't seem to offer very expensive entrees. It might be a good idea to pay OOP there (or pick a 1-credit restaurant at DTD and use credits).
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #54
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
That also sounds delicious!

Here's a random question - are you planning on using credits or paying OOP at Fulton's for lunch?

The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure Fulton's is a signature restaurant, but the lunch menu doesn't seem to offer very expensive entrees. It might be a good idea to pay OOP there (or pick a 1-credit restaurant at DTD and use credits).
I just showed DH the menu and he kiboshed it. He hates seafood and found it a bad value for signature credits. Instead, I booked Portobello. The menu is more his taste. Thanks for the valuable advice yet again, DDW.

Quick question, DDW. We are arriving at MCO at 12:30pm. Do you think we can make it to Downtown Disney by 3pm?

Last edited by sushi candy; 08-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #55
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just showed DH the menu and he kiboshed it. He hates seafood and found it a bad value for signature credits. Instead, I booked Portobello. The menu is more his taste. Thanks for the valuable advice yet again, DDW.

Quick question, DDW. We are arriving at MCO at 12:30pm. Do you think we can make it to Downtown Disney by 3pm?
I think 3pm should be doable. Depending on how things go, getting to your resort could take 1.5 - 2 hours, and then POFQ is relatively close to Downtown Disney.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #56
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

I will also agree that you should be able to get there around 3. Maybe say 3:30 to be safe...you never know

Also, that dark chocolate coffee souffle looks awesome!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #57
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
I think 3pm should be doable. Depending on how things go, getting to your resort could take 1.5 - 2 hours, and then POFQ is relatively close to Downtown Disney.
I just scored a lunch reservation to Le Cellier for 2:35pm. I will do what I need to do to get to Epcot in time. Lol. I can't believe I got an ADR. I tried so hard to get one 90 days in and it popped up. It will be super close that day though but so much better than the other choices I had for lunch. I can't think of a more perfect meal to start off my trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
I will also agree that you should be able to get there around 3. Maybe say 3:30 to be safe...you never know

Also, that dark chocolate coffee souffle looks awesome!
Thanks! I just booked at ADR with Le Cellier- something that is on my dream list. It is for 2:35pm so it will be close. I will take a taxi if I have to.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier lunch is a very good choice, especially if you're using credits and plan to order the mushroom filet or strip steak. I hope you'll make it to the meal so you can try LC before lunch becomes 2 credits (apparently starting next year).
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #59
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Le Cellier lunch is a very good choice, especially if you're using credits and plan to order the mushroom filet or strip steak. I hope you'll make it to the meal so you can try LC before lunch becomes 2 credits (apparently starting next year).
I am flying from Buffalo to Orlando so I think it will be less time to clear security than if I was flying international? I tried booking Le Cellier 90 days in and I couldn't get anything. This popped up and I am hoping for the best. If I have to take a taxi from MCO to POFQ, I will. I do hope though that DME pulls through and I get to POFQ by 2:00pm and I just need to take a taxi to Epcot.

I am looking at the filet mignon, DDW.

Wow. Two credits next year. Can't say I am surprised.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #60
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

What time is your flight? We're also flying out of Buffalo this trip. We're flying direct with AirTran, our flight leaves at 8 am and we're scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:30. Past experience with ME has been great, we haven't waited more than 15 - 20 minutes before getting underway once we were on the bus. Depending on how many people are going to other resorts, you may have a few stops before getting to POFQ. We were lucky last year and were the first stop.

I also have to say OMG! regarding those souffles, WOW!!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: