Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Great rating system! The pics for 1/5 and 2/5 made me laugh - hopefully we'll be seeing more of the White Rabbit and Alice!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #32
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Of course! I forgot about the Disney adult at age 10 thing!

Love your rating system!! We are big fans of Alice as well! DS was in a middle school version of the musical. Tons of fun.
Thanks! Must be editing for DS! What part is he playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Yay for a disneymoon Can't wait to hear your reviews...looks like you have chosen fantastic restaurants to dine at...we'll be eating at a few of those for our trip next month I am a foodie as well and am looking forward to your thoughts and pictures!
Thanks so much! I need to make sure my tummy is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Your DR sound like fun, I'm in!

Love the rating system, as I'm a big fan of Alice in Wonderland too. Seeing all your planned ADR's are making me hungry,

Also, congrats on the late, but worth the wait, honeymoon!
Thanks! I am so thankful I can go. This is also the first big trip my DH and I are going on since getting married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Great rating system! The pics for 1/5 and 2/5 made me laugh - hopefully we'll be seeing more of the White Rabbit and Alice!
Thanks, DDW! I too am hoping for at least Mad Hatters, White Rabbits, and Alice. In preparation, I saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi (the documentary) last night. I am hoping California Grill or Tokyo Dining serves up excellent sushi.
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #33
sushi candy
Foodie

Just added the Captain's Grille for lunch when we are at Hollywood Studios. A nice walk or boatride from DHS.

I think I am finally done?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #34
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for your reviews! We celebrated our Disneymoon last year at Disney. We had been almost 14 years together, married 4 years and have 3 boys together. Talk about taking a belated honeymoon!

Hope you have a great trip. I see that you are in Ontario. We live just beside Ottawa, on the Quebec side.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #35
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome plan! I think that's almost a guarantee with the Deluxe Dining Plan.

The dole whip might not end up as your favorite snack, but I highly recommend trying it. In fact, I recommend the pineapple-vanilla swirl dole whip, since I think the flavor contrast really adds something extra.
I second that suggestion! I'm not a big fan of the Dole Whip made with only pineapple (shocking, I know ) but this combination is lovely, with just enough sweetness to take the edge off the tart pineapple.

Congrats on your belated honeymoon! You and DH will be staying in our favourite resort, and it looks like we'll be there at the same time too! Your dining plans look awesome, you have some wonderful restaurants lined up, can't wait to read all about it!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #36
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
Can't wait for your reviews! We celebrated our Disneymoon last year at Disney. We had been almost 14 years together, married 4 years and have 3 boys together. Talk about taking a belated honeymoon!

Hope you have a great trip. I see that you are in Ontario. We live just beside Ottawa, on the Quebec side.
I hadn't noticed that! We're in Ontario too, north of Toronto, near Newmarket. Hi neighbours!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #37
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I'm in, Rosey! I hope you have a wonderful belated honeymoon I like your ADRs and your rating system is so cute!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #38
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post

Hi! I am so glad to see you here. I bet your disneymoon was magical and it was even more belated than mine.

I live on the north shore of Lake Erie. It's quiet and all country. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
I second that suggestion! I'm not a big fan of the Dole Whip made with only pineapple (shocking, I know ) but this combination is lovely, with just enough sweetness to take the edge off the tart pineapple.

Congrats on your belated honeymoon! You and DH will be staying in our favourite resort, and it looks like we'll be there at the same time too! Your dining plans look awesome, you have some wonderful restaurants lined up, can't wait to read all about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
I hadn't noticed that! We're in Ontario too, north of Toronto, near Newmarket. Hi neighbours!
Hi Carol! So happy to see you here! I used to live in Scarborough before I got married and moved down here. I do like it better here. I also am planning on getting the swirl. I find pure pineapple juice tends to leave my mouth dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I'm in, Rosey! I hope you have a wonderful belated honeymoon I like your ADRs and your rating system is so cute!
Hi Erin! Great to see you here!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #39
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Your trip is what, 7 weeks away?? I congratulate you if you are done making changes!!!! I will be interested to see your Captain's Grill review since I've only been there for breakfast. I've heard good things about that place.

Love your rating system!!! Particularly the "meh" with Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #40
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I think Captain's Grille is a very good choice for lunch. It's more quiet and relaxing than other Disney restaurants, and the food is solid.

The burger with crabmeat was really good. And if the lobster sliders are anything like the New England-style lobster roll they used to serve, that would also be a tasty choice.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #41
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Your trip is what, 7 weeks away?? I congratulate you if you are done making changes!!!! I will be interested to see your Captain's Grill review since I've only been there for breakfast. I've heard good things about that place.

Love your rating system!!! Particularly the "meh" with Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum!
Thanks Brenda! I really think I am done since I have run out of credits. XD

Quote:
I think Captain's Grille is a very good choice for lunch. It's more quiet and relaxing than other Disney restaurants, and the food is solid.

The burger with crabmeat was really good. And if the lobster sliders are anything like the New England-style lobster roll they used to serve, that would also be a tasty choice.
DDW, you just sold me the lobster roll. I think I will order that. O.O
Old 08-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #42
potc
yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

I'm so excited to read your reviews when you get back! Deluxe Dining Plan will definitely be a lot of food! I love table service meals at Disney, though! I figure you spend so much time walking and racing around that a little extra food wont hurt

And I will say that my brother doesn't not have any interest in going anywhere except Disney World. He is 16 now, but he is so bummed that he wont be going with us on our Honeymoon! My Dad is also a Disney fanatic who could go to Disney multiple times a year if my mom would let him. As for me, I LOVE Disney, too! And no other vacation has ever measured up!

I will definitely be trying Churros, sweet cream cheese pretzel, funnel cake, & butterfinger cupcake for a snack after reading about your plans! I have never had Rainforest Cafe for breakfast before....hmmm...now I'm thinking about fitting that in somehow!

Also, Sci Fi Diner & 50s Prime Time Cafe are my two favorite restaurants! So much fun!

Enjoy your belated Honeymoon!

Please check out my first ever PTR!

potc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
DDW, you just sold me the lobster roll. I think I will order that. O.O
Just be warned that the menu currently lists the dish as "lobster sliders". From what I've heard, it's largely the same thing, except served on two smaller buns instead of one roll.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #44
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by potc View Post
I'm so excited to read your reviews when you get back! Deluxe Dining Plan will definitely be a lot of food! I love table service meals at Disney, though! I figure you spend so much time walking and racing around that a little extra food wont hurt

And I will say that my brother doesn't not have any interest in going anywhere except Disney World. He is 16 now, but he is so bummed that he wont be going with us on our Honeymoon! My Dad is also a Disney fanatic who could go to Disney multiple times a year if my mom would let him. As for me, I LOVE Disney, too! And no other vacation has ever measured up!

I will definitely be trying Churros, sweet cream cheese pretzel, funnel cake, & butterfinger cupcake for a snack after reading about your plans! I have never had Rainforest Cafe for breakfast before....hmmm...now I'm thinking about fitting that in somehow!

Also, Sci Fi Diner & 50s Prime Time Cafe are my two favorite restaurants! So much fun!

Enjoy your belated Honeymoon!
Thank you so much! I am so happy to see you here. Congrats on your impending wedding and disneymoon!

I saw the menu at the Rainforest Cafe and I am a sucker for eggs Benedict. I also think that the amount of walking will help build an appetite. XD

Quote:
Just be warned that the menu currently lists the dish as "lobster sliders". From what I've heard, it's largely the same thing, except served on two smaller buns instead of one roll.
I actually prefer slider size. Maybe they are less intimidating.

On a foodie note, I reminded myself that I need to make these again some time. They are dark chocolate coffee souffles.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #45
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
On a foodie note, I reminded myself that I need to make these again some time. They are dark chocolate coffee souffles.

Foodie or not, that looks delicious.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: