Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #16
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
Congrats on your honeymoon!!! Looks like we will be at POFQ at the same time!! Your plans look great! I do think you will love wdw so much that you won't want to go anywhere, but there is nothing wrong with that!

Hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon!!!
Thank you so much! We will be at POFQ at the same time!
I can't wait to try the fresh, hot beignets at Sassagoula's.

What you said sounds right- if I fall in love and decide to just keep coming back, there is nothing wrong with that.

Have you finished all your dining plans as well?
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
sushi candy
Foodie

I have just made another change? Hollywood and Vine is out. Cape May Cafe is in.

I just have to figure out how to get to the Disney Beach Club from POFQ.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #18
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
I have just made another change? Hollywood and Vine is out. Cape May Cafe is in.

I just have to figure out how to get to the Disney Beach Club from POFQ.
What time is your breakfast planned for?

My choice would probably be to take a bus to Hollywood Studios and then walk, but if you're already tired of walking, you could take a bus to Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney and switch buses (the risk there is you're more reliant on buses).
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
What time is your breakfast planned for?

My choice would probably be to take a bus to Hollywood Studios and then walk, but if you're already tired of walking, you could take a bus to Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney and switch buses (the risk there is you're more reliant on buses).
Our breakfast is for 9:05. I was thinking of taking a taxi? We will be spending the day at Hollywood Studios so I think we can take take the friendship boat back to HS.

Does that sound good? I figure the taxi won't cost as much and would save us ton of time since it is relatively close by.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #20
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

You could ride the bus to Epcot and just walk there through the international gateway. It is just a short walk to the Beach Club resort from there, then you could take the boat or walk to Hollywood Studios after your meal.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:52 AM   #21
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
Our breakfast is for 9:05. I was thinking of taking a taxi? We will be spending the day at Hollywood Studios so I think we can take take the friendship boat back to HS.

Does that sound good? I figure the taxi won't cost as much and would save us ton of time since it is relatively close by.
A taxi is definitely the easiest way to go, and you're right - it's not too far from POFQ to the Epcot resort area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedworld View Post
You could ride the bus to Epcot and just walk there through the international gateway. It is just a short walk to the Beach Club resort from there, then you could take the boat or walk to Hollywood Studios after your meal.
That could work, as long as you have a park hopper ticket (since using the International Gateway exit requires entering Epcot, and Cape May is planned for a DHS day).
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #22
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your belated honeymoon! Disney is guilty of immersing their guests in such a magical experience that they suck you into the insanity of wanting to go time and time again! Hard to believe I was once innocent and knew nothing about Kona's macadamia pineapple pancakes or tarts for the french bakery! (You notice I only mentioned the food.. but yes, there is so much more magic and wonder than just the food!)

Your dining line up looks very much like mine - you have so many EXCELLENT choices! I can't wait to see what you thought of them.

Enjoy your trip and I'm glad you found the Disboards!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #23
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedworld View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have the park hopper option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
A taxi is definitely the easiest way to go, and you're right - it's not too far from POFQ to the Epcot resort area.

That could work, as long as you have a park hopper ticket (since using the International Gateway exit requires entering Epcot, and Cape May is planned for a DHS day).
It is looking more likely that I will be taking the taxi then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your belated honeymoon! Disney is guilty of immersing their guests in such a magical experience that they suck you into the insanity of wanting to go time and time again! Hard to believe I was once innocent and knew nothing about Kona's macadamia pineapple pancakes or tarts for the french bakery! (You notice I only mentioned the food.. but yes, there is so much more magic and wonder than just the food!)

Your dining line up looks very much like mine - you have so many EXCELLENT choices! I can't wait to see what you thought of them.

Enjoy your trip and I'm glad you found the Disboards!
Hi Brenda! Glad to see you here. I loved looking through your Disneyland pics.
I am hoping to keep the ratio of vacation to food pics at 50/50. XD
Old 07-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #24
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS! And I'm in for your DR!

I hope I'm not being too nosy, but is there a specific reason you have chosen age 9 to bring DD to WDW? It seems a very specific age to be planning so far ahead. Just curious!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #25
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! And I'm in for your DR!

I hope I'm not being too nosy, but is there a specific reason you have chosen age 9 to bring DD to WDW? It seems a very specific age to be planning so far ahead. Just curious!
Thanks! I am so excited to see you here!

9 is the age before we have to start paying for her as an adult. I believe 10 is considered to be an adult on the DDP.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
sushi candy
Foodie

My Rating System

Cheshire Cat: Almost everyone is mad here. Ha... ha ha ha ha ha! You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself

My favorite Disney character has always been Alice. My rating system will be centered around this wonderful theme.

Here goes!

​Queen of Hearts: Off with her head!

What could be more appropriate to express displeasure than the indomitable Queen of Hearts?

Tweedle Dum: If you think we're waxworks, you ought to pay, you know.
​Tweedle Dee: Contrariwise, if you think we're alive you ought to speak to us.
Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee: That's logic.

I always found Tweedledee and Tweedledum's default expressions to perfectly express the sentiment of "Meh."

​Mad Hatter: Clean cup, clean cup! Move down!

​White Rabbit Quote: I’m late! I’m late! For a very important date!

Last of all, the perfect rating!

Alice: ​It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change.

This means I have gone and experienced Foodie Heaven!

Last edited by sushi candy; 07-29-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
sushi candy
Foodie

I think plans are finally going to stick. Just to be safe, I will make DH print out the documents two days before departure. I have started packing and making a ton of lists. Two 32GB SD cards will be ordered soon.

Last edited by sushi candy; 07-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #28
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Of course! I forgot about the Disney adult at age 10 thing!

Love your rating system!! We are big fans of Alice as well! DS was in a middle school version of the musical. Tons of fun.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Yay for a disneymoon Can't wait to hear your reviews...looks like you have chosen fantastic restaurants to dine at...we'll be eating at a few of those for our trip next month I am a foodie as well and am looking forward to your thoughts and pictures!

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #30
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Your DR sound like fun, I'm in!

Love the rating system, as I'm a big fan of Alice in Wonderland too. Seeing all your planned ADR's are making me hungry,

Also, congrats on the late, but worth the wait, honeymoon!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: