Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #271
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Rosey you are putting me to shame with the pace of my reviews... Your choices at HBD look so much better than those that we tried - I would love to try that shrimp/grits app!

All of your photos have been stunning - I don't think you have a "bad" one so I for one am looking forward to your photo tips. I've probably mentioned more than once that I have a Nikon 3100 but keep it on auto mode - for shame!! Almost all of my food photos are with my Sony HX1. I for one am going to take a front row seat at your photo 101 class!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #272
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby - yum. The prawn appetizer looks so good, and I also really enjoyed the bison (although it sounds like the croquettes were off - I definitely noticed the truffle flavor in my dish). As for the grapefruit cake, I'm a fan, but it seems to receive mixed reviews. At least you tried it.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #273
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

I was away for a week so I am playing catch up!
Seriously, those were the best photos I've ever seen taken at Sci Fi! I know you've told (and it may have even be me who asked lol) but what kind of DSLR do you use and lens? I agree about Sci Fi, it's more for the atmosphere, thats why we always go!
Captains Grille looks awesome, there have been so many positive reviews from there, we may have to check it out It all looks wonderful especially that crab cake
I've never been to HBD, but I've always wanted too! I read mixed reviews but the food looks pretty solid! The Napoleon app sounds amazing, I love mushrooms! And the grapefruit cake looks beautiful and I want to love it, but I hate grapefruit! I know it's a fab around here but I think I will just enjoy the pics
Thanks for all the reviews, and beautiful food pics. I'm sad it's almost over but I can't wait for V&A!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #274
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Your reviews really make me with that I like seafood - your photos and descriptions are so amazing!! I haven't tried bison either but I may give that a shot at some point based on the great reviews of AP and yours here at HBD.

Lovely photos and reviews as always!!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #275
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Your Brown Derby apps look great. We have never eaten there but maybe we should try it.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #276
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

The Brown Derby is one of our favorites too Rosey. My husband would love both of the appys you chose, but I think your husband's chicken looks interesting. I get the grapefruit cake every time we go to HBD. I don't eat the peppermint stripe icing on the side of it or the dehydrated grapefruit on top, but I just love the rest of the cake.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: