Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #181
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Wo-Hoo for the wonderful Via Nappoli review! I'm looking forward to giving it a try!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #182
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying reading your reviews. Your descriptions make me feel like I can almost taste the food.

Happy belated Honeymoon!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #183
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures and descriptions, as usual! You picked some of my favorite things at Les Chefs - the escargot, sorbets, and crème brûlée. Via Napoli also looks fantastic.

And Ladurée macarons are awesome! I actually went to a Ladurée in Paris a few years ago, but we didn't order macarons. So it was only last year (when a Ladurée opened in Manhattan) that I finally got to try them. They're wonderful
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #184
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I like seeing a review with items other than the pizza since that is what we always order! The candele really looks tasty.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #185
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Great review!! Beautiful pictures again
A month or so ago I decided to switch things around so we could have a meal at Via Napoli and the more reviews I read, I'm very happy with that decsion!!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #186
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I love your Via Napoili review! My Mr. has one mystery ADR up his sleeve, and I secretly hope it's this one.
I really hope so! It was such a wonderful meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
OOoh, I've had those macarons before...they are delicious!

Jill in CO
They really are! The pistachio and chocolate ones were my favorites in this batch,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Via Napoli would receive a 5/5 from us as well! We loved it and the pizza was amazing. I'm so glad that you loved it too!
I am still dreaming of that pizza, Tracy. It was just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Wo-Hoo for the wonderful Via Nappoli review! I'm looking forward to giving it a try!!
Paula, you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
I'm enjoying reading your reviews. Your descriptions make me feel like I can almost taste the food.

Happy belated Honeymoon!
Thank you very much! I swear I am obsessed with food. I am blessed that my dad is an incredible cook and he has passed on his passion to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Wonderful pictures and descriptions, as usual! You picked some of my favorite things at Les Chefs - the escargot, sorbets, and crème brûlée. Via Napoli also looks fantastic.

And Ladurée macarons are awesome! I actually went to a Ladurée in Paris a few years ago, but we didn't order macarons. So it was only last year (when a Ladurée opened in Manhattan) that I finally got to try them. They're wonderful
I wish there was a Laduree in Toronto. Although there are a wonderful handful of macarons bakeries in the city now. There is a Macaron day declared in Toronto that encourages a Macaron crawl/tour of the bakeries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I like seeing a review with items other than the pizza since that is what we always order! The candele really looks tasty.
The Candele was tasty and so was the pizza. I kind of wish I had room for more pizza as well. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Great review!! Beautiful pictures again
A month or so ago I decided to switch things around so we could have a meal at Via Napoli and the more reviews I read, I'm very happy with that decsion!!
Thank you! Yay! I think you will enjoy yourself!
sushi candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #187
sushi candy
Foodie

Anandapur Yak & Yeti Lunch Review

Dim Sum (app)

I was really looking forward to eating here since it will be my only Chinese food fix. Choosing the Dim Sum app was a no brainer. Unfortunately, I think I may be too spoiled with eating too much quality Dim Sum in Toronto's Chinatown. I set the bar high and this appetizer didn't clear it. The Shu Mai was bland and firmer than I liked and the potstickers were dry. The Cha Siu Bao was okay. It seemed like steamed fish paste. However, the BBQ buns were delicious! Overall, it was a disappointing app.

Rating:

Kobe Burger (entree)
DH loved this burger! He told me later it was the best burger he had on the trip.

Duck with Anandapur Glaze (Entree)

I love duck. I love its texture, its taste, and even its fattiness. My fondest memories of duck again involved visits to Chinatown. I would see them hung upside down in the BBQ restaurants with their crispy, golden skins glistening. When my order came in, the duck looked crispier than I hoped. After diving through the crispy skin, I found it disappointing that the flesh itself was very dry like turkey. It was overcooked.

Rating:

Fried Wontons (dessert)

Even though I had a disappointing app and entree, I had high hopes for this highly touted dessert. Brenda, this is dedicated to you! *Okay, so we already know the formula of frying + cheese = success. It has been proven! This was just amazing! The crispy wonton shell gave way to a warm, melty cream cheese center. The sweet sauce drizzled over the combination is unbeatable. This was just heavenly. I am determined to recreate this at home in the near future. I think I know what the sauce is made of.*

Rating:

Overall, Anandapur Yak & Yeti was a disappointment for me. DH loved his burger though and I fell in love with their famous signature dessert. Sadly, it still didn't save the rating of falling below average. The Red Queen didn't make an appearance because of the saving grace of those cheese wontons!

Rating:
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #188
sushi candy
Foodie

Before we went for lunch, we strolled into Animal Kingdom and ran into a big shower of pixie dust. A cast member spotted us, directed us to another cast member who offered us front row seats in the elephant section of The Festival of the Lion King!!!! It was the highlight of our honeymoon trip. DH and I felt so honored and just awestruck. Yes, I took a ton of pics. This is just a sample of them:

Me with Chip and Dale! XD

Last edited by sushi candy; 10-04-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #189
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up on your reviews, Rosey! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous...they seem like they are in 3D and I don't even have to put on the funny looking glasses!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #190
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry your Y&Y food was disappointing. It's unfortunate that such beautifully photographed food can be such a let down.

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #191
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Glad you loved the wontons at Yak & Yeti. I'm also not a huge fan of the rest of the food there, but those wontons were a unique and delicious dessert. And your photos from FotLK are so cool!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #192
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Sorry to hear you didn't like Yak and Yeti. I have never had the entrees you ordered and am glad I haven't after reading your reviews. I will stick to my beloved seafood curry there I agree the dessert is super there.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #193
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Sorry to hear you didn't like Yak and Yeti. I have never had the entrees you ordered and am glad I haven't after reading your reviews. I will stick to my beloved seafood curry there I agree the dessert is super there.
The seafood curry does sound really good. I'm sure I'll be back at Y&Y one day for those wontons, and I'll definitely have to stick with your entree recommendation!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #194
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

My first Y&Y experience was with a very disappointing honey chicken. I stayed away for a few years and went back this past May. Vettegirl is right; the seafood curry is outstanding! I'm so sorry you were disappointed but I know the feeling!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #195
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Sorry Yak and Yeti didn't turn out as you had hoped. My son is dying to try the burger there and if he sees how yummy those shoestring fries look he will want to go eat there even more.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: