Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Chase Launches New Disney's Visa Debit Card

I think I will be updating my debit card with Chase

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cha...ard-2012-07-25

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE
July 25, 2012, 8:30 a.m. EDT
Chase Launches New Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card

Offers year-round perks from Disney and no annual fee

NEW YORK, Jul 25, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Chase today announced the launch of the new Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card. The new card gives customers access to special Cardmember perks when visiting Walt Disney World(R) and the Disneyland(R) Resorts and when shopping at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations. Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card is available now and has no annual fee.

"Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card is perfect for fans of Disney who prefer to use a debit card for their everyday spending," said Ryan McInerney, CEO of Chase Consumer Banking. "With no annual fee, it provides access to Cardmember perks at Disney Theme Parks and Disney Store, and offers a choice of imaginative Disney card designs."
Disney's Visa(R) Debit Cardmembers will receive the following year-round perks, including:
-- 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations and at select locations at Walt Disney World(R) and the Disneyland(R) Resorts
-- Access to a private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World(R) and the Disneyland(R) Resorts, where Cardmembers can meet some of their favorite Disney Characters and receive a complimentary 5 x 7 photo
-- 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World(R) and Disneyland(R) Resorts (meal period restrictions may apply)
-- 20% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours
-- $50 onboard credit when Cardmembers pay for their Disney Cruise Line(R) vacation in full with their Disney's Visa(R) Card and mention this offer
-- Access to a dedicated toll-free customer service phone number
Visit DisneyDebit.com/Perks for more details on these benefits.
"We are delighted to introduce this new debit card with Chase, which offers great value and a bit of fun for Disney fans and families," said Jenny Cohen, Senior Vice President of Customer Relationship Management for The Walt Disney Company. "Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card enables us to better serve our customers with a choice of cards through Chase."
Disney's Visa(R) Debit Cardmembers will receive the same security and safety benefits as the standard Chase Visa(R) Debit Card, including:
-- Real-time fraud monitoring
-- Free security alerts
-- Zero liability protection
-- Guaranteed reimbursement for unauthorized purchases
-- Blink(TM) tap & go functionality in markets where applicable
The Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card is the latest addition to the suite of Disney's Visa(R) Cards offered by Chase. The Disney Rewards(R) Visa(R) Credit Card was introduced in 2003 and earlier this year, Chase launched Disney's Premier Visa(R) Credit Card from Chase.
Disney's Visa(R) Debit Cardmembers can choose from four exclusive Character designs that offer something for all Disney fans.
Chase checking account customers can switch their current Chase Debit Card to a Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card by visiting their local branch or calling Chase Customer Service at (800) 935-9935.
Disney's Visa(R) Debit Card is available with all Chase checking accounts excluding High School and Access Checking. Standard eligibility requirements apply.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm gonna ask a dumb question here.

Do you have to transfer your bank account to a Chase bank? Or does this come directly out of your existing bank account?

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

You have to get a chase checking account.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Just so everyone is aware, this card does NOT earn reward dollars. The credit cards do, but not the debit card.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I've had one of these for years. I wonder what the difference is? I don't think I got all of the perks like the Credit Card. I wonder if I need to get a new Debit Card, or if the old one will just become this automatically?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

In terms of perks, I don't see anything different here when compared to the regular Disney VISA.

Tobi, the credit card has all of those perks plus you earn reward dollars. If you haven't used them, that's on you.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
In terms of perks, I don't see anything different here when compared to the regular Disney VISA.

Tobi, the credit card has all of those perks plus you earn reward dollars. If you haven't used them, that's on you.
No, no, Nikki. I have both the Credit Card *and* the Debit card. I've used the Credit Card EXTENSIVELY, and have used all the Perks at the park, and paid for a chunk of several vacations with the Reward Dollars. It was the Debit Card that didn't have the Perks. But, when I first got it, you *did* get Reward dollars (but at half the rate of the Credit Card). I just spent an agonizing ten minutes on the phone with a rep from Chase, and I think that's what is "New" -- that the Debit Card *does* now get the Perks. (Although, as smitch425 said, not the Rewards Dollars any more). The laws surrounding charges for Debit transactions have changed, so hardly any banks offer Rewards for Debit Cards any more.

I wonder if this means I could get 2 character photos now? One with the Credit Card and one with the Debit Card? I don't see why not... it's 2 different accounts.

Sayhello

Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Anonny
Mouseketeer

Visa dining

-- 10% off select dining locations at Walt Disney World(R) and Disneyland(R) Resorts (meal period restrictions may apply)

What are the select locations?

Is this a benefit also for the credit card and I didn't realize?
Anonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonny View Post

This is what it says on Chase's site for the Debit Card:

Quote:
Receive 10% off at select dining locations below:

• Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge: Sanaa (Lunch)
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort: The Wave (Breakfast and Lunch)
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Trail's End Restaurant (Breakfast and Lunch)
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort: Olivia's Café (Breakfast and Lunch)
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: Turf Club (Lunch)
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Café (Lunch)
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort: Captain's Grill (Breakfast and Lunch)
  • Downtown Disney® Area: Cap'n Jack's (Lunch)
Subject to restaurant operating hours and closures.
  • What to do: Use your valid Disney's Visa® Debit Card and mention this offer to receive the discount.
I checked Chase's site, and the dining discount is not a Perk for the Credit Card. So it looks like that's something that's exclusive to the Debit Card (at least for now).

Sayhello

Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonny View Post

I noticed that, too, and it is not listed on the credit card site for either the regular DV or the Premier card. Hopefully they will add it to the credit cards as well, but since I am getting rewards for all of my purchases, I will live if I don't get that 10% off.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
MrSanderz27
Mouseketeer

How to use the 10% Discount

It seems that the 10% off on merchandise and select dining in the park offers say that you must mention the offer when using your card...

Has anyone taken advantage of these discount, how did it work? Do you really have to mention the 10% discount and show your Disney visa credit/debit card? Did the cast member know what to do in order to provide the discount? Or do you just use the card and the 10% comes off on your statement/account?

Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to hopefully setting up one of these before leaving on our trip
MrSanderz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

I got one primarily for the photo op in Epcot and for our trip to Disneyland in April. I already have a WDW AP and TIW so I use those for my WDW discounts, but with the debit card (which cost me nothing, I already have my account at Chase so why not have one with the beautiful castle on it?!) I can *hopefully* add in a few more perks for no added cost. I would LOVE to have the Disney Visa but DH really insists on keeping only two cards, both airline mile cards so I'm out of luck on that one...

Either way I my new card!
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
nickymaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: