Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
DisCanCan
Mouseketeer

Wow thanks for all the prayers & pixie dust! I am truly amazed & so grateful that I decided to post. My family & I appreciate all of your positive thoughts @ prayers. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen23il
I'm also a lurker but reading your post just made me have to reply. My father passed away from Stage IV GBM Brain Cancer a year ago this month. He made it to his 60th birthday and a week later could make it no longer.
First my prayers and thoughts are with you. You can never understand how or why this can happen.
Second, don't listen to the time given, enjoy the time you have, talk, leave nothing unsaid, leave no question unasked (even the silliest questions), prepare but be hopeful.

They gave my dad 6 months when diagnosed. He went 1 week short of 18 months! It seems like nothing when you want 18 more years but when your told such a short time every day is precious.

One of our most treasured pictures are of my dad was at a 5k run in May in Chicago where it felt like January and rained, my mom felt he should not of gone, because he got a cold and 2 months later passed away, but HE INSISTED on going as family were running/walking to raise money for Brain Cancer Research, and now when we look at that picture and he's smiling and we remember how miserable it was we can't help but laugh.
Hi Jen23il, I would like to thank you for your post. It has given me hope when I thought there was none. And it might sound weird but I felt alone & overwhelmed but after reading it I don't as much. Thanks
Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

Sending prayers and pixie dust your way.

MomiTo2SwtGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Disney Enabler
It's a great day to be alive!

Good thoughts and pixie dust to you and your family.

No matter how long your Dad has left may he be blessed with magical moments that you and your family will treasure forever.

Carol
it's a great day to be alive!!!
Disney Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

There is nothing more important that family . . . wishing you and your family only the best outcome during this extremely difficult time . . . you have the emotional support of the DIS community for sure!

DR NYKCB (Ken)
kcb1dizbksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

So sorry to hear such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
angelbear425
Mouseketeer

Sending you prayers and pixie dust (both for you, your family, and family/friends). I understand how hard it is to lose your father (my father passed away suddenly when I was 17). Like others have said, don't let doctors give you a time. Say everything you feel, do everything you can, and remember that miracles are possible.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
hapandpam
DIS Veteran

Thoughts and prayers are with you. My dad also passed away from brain cancer which spread from his kidney. We spent a lot of time together those last few months and I am so happy we did. Enjoy each day.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #23
Plum85
Mouseketeer

Thoughts are with you and your family. You'll get through this.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #24
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

pixie dust for the lurker

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers for you all. That being said, I strongly urge your family to have the doctor refer him to hospice care IF there are no more treatment options. I know people automatically think "omg that's for people who are at the end" but it also about providing support & caring for your Dad and your whole family. The goal is comfort & support so your Dad can live a fully as possible as long as possible. I know for a fact how helpful it can be when you feel like you have no where to turn. I'm a nurse & I had hospice for both my mother & mother in law. I found it so helpful & received so much loving support from the team that came to help me care for them.

Last edited by Dian-er; 08-02-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Dian-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #25
Disney Enabler
It's a great day to be alive!

More pixie dust and prayers! I have found it to be incredible medicine.

Here are some words that were sent to me that I would like to share with you:

Sometimes it feels like the world is going to crumble around you.
Sometimes it feels like you want it to end.
Sometimes it hurts too much to breathe.
Sometimes all you can do is cry and cry.
Sometimes it's to hard to know what to do.
During those times know that we are here for you.
Know that we are hear for you and will do whatever we can for you.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!
Disney Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #26
DisCanCan
Mouseketeer

Again I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts & prayers. Whenever I'm feeling down I just have to come here & read all of your posts & I feel a bit better. Thanks & it is TRUELY appreciated.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #27
Heather.Mohler
Mouseketeer

I'm praying for you and your family. God does amazing things when you trust him - he'll give you the strength you need to endure. I can't pretend that I know what you are going through, but I wish you the best.
March 1996 - off site, March 2007 - All Stars Movies and Sports and Port Orleans French Quarter, January 2008 - All Star Sports, January 2009 - Beach Club Concierge, April 2009 - Buena Vista Suites, October 2009 - Caribbean Beach for MNSSHP, December 2009 - All Star Sports for MVMCP, September 2010 - All Star Movies for MNSSHP, January 2011 - Pop Century, September 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter for MNSSHP, January 2012 - Sheraton Suites for Florida Flute Convention Performance, October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter for MNSSHP and MVMCP, January 2013 - Off Property for Florida Flute Convention Performance, October 2013 -
Heather.Mohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #28
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I have no words for you. I am so sorry that you , your dad and your family are going through this. Stay as strong as you can, we are hear for you.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #29
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

Lots of prayers and pixie dust coming your way. Make sure you have plenty of support from palliative care. They will make sure you have the resources to have your dad as comfortable as possible while he's at home and will be there to help if he needs to transition to the health care facility for more medical support.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #30
DisneyCrazyX5
Do you know any cats?
But I can't find the clippie

Sending many prayers and lots of pixie dust. I will add you and you dad to my prayer list.
Sending a big hug for you.
DisneyCrazyX5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: