Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
DisCanCan
Mouseketeer

Pixie Dust Needed!!

Pixie Dust Needed!!

Hi I am a long time lurker and after listening to the anniversary show & realizing that there is a whole lot of support & amazing people to meet here. My family and I are in desperate need of support, pixie dust & prayers.

My dad last year was diagnosed with multiple myeloma & he was doing well & even in remission. But in February they discovered he now has stage 3 brain cancer & given a year to live with treatement. He did 1 round of radiation therapy & was on his second round of chemo, but was getting very weak & yesterday on his 64th birthday got a MRI. And that’s when my world fell apart again. The swelling around the tumor has increased 20% in a month & there is nothing they can do with out having serious side affects. His doctor gives him 3 months.

I have reached the point where I thought I couldn’t cry anymore but the tears just won’t seem to stop.

I would like to thank all the post & trip reports I have been lurking on for taking my mind off everything & for taking me back to my favorite place in the world Disney!

Thanks
Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this news, but am glad you came here to vent and receive comfort. Know that we are here for you.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Prayers and lots of . Remember to take care of yourself, too, while making sure dad is comfortable.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
SamSam

DIS Veteran

You, your dad, family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.
I am glad that the Disboards give you a place to escape for a little while.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Leigha
DIS Veteran

We're praying for you all!
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Prayers and pixie dust coming your way.

We are always here to listen.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
jodiey
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear this, pixie dust being sent your way.
jodiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

You are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!! (hugs) I wish you all the strength available while you and your family deal with this news.

My very best,
Stacy
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this. Sending tons of pixie dust and hugs your way!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

Prayers and .
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
pittsburghmarc
DIS Veteran

Positive thoughts and hopes for strength in your tough times headed your way.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

I am so sorry you have to go through this. Prayer and pixie dust coming to you

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
disneyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Sorry to hear such sad news....we are hear to listen. Prayers and Pixie Dust headed your way.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
jen23il
Earning My Ears

I'm also a lurker but reading your post just made me have to reply. My father passed away from Stage IV GBM Brain Cancer a year ago this month. He made it to his 60th birthday and a week later could make it no longer.
First my prayers and thoughts are with you. You can never understand how or why this can happen.
Second, don't listen to the time given, enjoy the time you have, talk, leave nothing unsaid, leave no question unasked (even the silliest questions), prepare but be hopeful.

They gave my dad 6 months when diagnosed. He went 1 week short of 18 months! It seems like nothing when you want 18 more years but when your told such a short time every day is precious.

One of our most treasured pictures are of my dad was at a 5k run in May in Chicago where it felt like January and rained, my mom felt he should not of gone, because he got a cold and 2 months later passed away, but HE INSISTED on going as family were running/walking to raise money for Brain Cancer Research, and now when we look at that picture and he's smiling and we remember how miserable it was we can't help but laugh.
jen23il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #15
DisCanCan
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks for all the prayers & pixie dust. I am so grateful that I decided to post. Me & my family appreciate all the positive thoughts & prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen23il
I'm also a lurker but reading your post just made me have to reply. My father passed away from Stage IV GBM Brain Cancer a year ago this month. He made it to his 60th birthday and a week later could make it no longer.
First my prayers and thoughts are with you. You can never understand how or why this can happen.
Second, don't listen to the time given, enjoy the time you have, talk, leave nothing unsaid, leave no question unasked (even the silliest questions), prepare but be hopeful.

They gave my dad 6 months when diagnosed. He went 1 week short of 18 months! It seems like nothing when you want 18 more years but when your told such a short time every day is precious.

One of our most treasured pictures are of my dad was at a 5k run in May in Chicago where it felt like January and rained, my mom felt he should not of gone, because he got a cold and 2 months later passed away, but HE INSISTED on going as family were running/walking to raise money for Brain Cancer Research, and now when we look at that picture and he's smiling and we remember how miserable it was we can't help but laugh.
Hi Jen13il, your post means so much & has given me so much hope & amazing advice when I thought all hope was gone. Thanks again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: