Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #76
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
Doesn't anybody else think that it's not the place of the press to report something like this publicly and blow up people's relationships & humiliate people in public? I don't see what purpose got served by printing this "news" other than making $$ for photographers, newspapers, etc.

I'm not saying the cheating was at all okay by any means. I just don't think the public was served by this being reported & had no need to know. I think innocent people really got hurt by having this run up the flagpole in front of everyone.

BTW, I only know the one actor from the Harry Potter movie, so I don't have some kind of fan bias on this. I know they're the Twilight people, but that's the end of my info on them.
I know what you mean. It just seems... odd. Weird.

Yes. What went on was all kinds of wrong.

But putting the spotlight on people's private moments (no matter how wrong) seems wrong too. I know it goes on. Celebrities hounded for pictures but this is another level leaving people's lives in shambles.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #77
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Doesn't anybody else think that it's not the place of the press to report something like this publicly and blow up people's relationships & humiliate people in public? I don't see what purpose got served by printing this "news" other than making $$ for photographers, newspapers, etc.

I'm not saying the cheating was at all okay by any means. I just don't think the public was served by this being reported & had no need to know. I think innocent people really got hurt by having this run up the flagpole in front of everyone.

BTW, I only know the one actor from the Harry Potter movie, so I don't have some kind of fan bias on this. I know they're the Twilight people, but that's the end of my info on them.
That is exactly the reason why this was made public. The magazines care about money and that is it. The more outragous the story is, the more magazines they sell. They don't care about people privacy or hurting people.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #78
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

A one night stand is a "mistake"..."poor judgment"...those two skanks were snuggling and going out together to eat and cuddle.

That's an affair.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #79
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

You know, I always thought Kristen Stewart had a rebellious, skank aroma about her. And when I read articles like this interview she did, I'm more convinced:

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...tewarts-affair

Did a recent interview foreshadow Kristen Stewart's affair?
Marissa Willstein
7/25/2012
INFDaily

Yes, Kristin Stewart’s affair with her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders, came as a total shock but were we completely blindsided? No. There were in fact warning signs that led up to the disappointing news.

In a June interview with Elle, Stewart revealed her desire to experience ‘something crazy.’

“You can learn so much from bad things. I feel boring,” the Twilight star told the magazine. “I can’t wait for something crazy to f---ing happen to me. I want someone to f--- me over!”

Luckily for Stewart, something bad and crazy did happen to her. The actress was caught cheating on her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, with Sanders.

To make matters worse, the 41-year-old director is married to model and Snow White and the Huntsman actress Liberty Ross. They have two children together.

In light of Stewart’s public apology, Us Weekly compiled a list of the 22-year-old’s most interesting quotes since stepping into the limelight.

“Good relationship advice for me tends to be being honest and knowing yourself. Don’t be an a—hole. That’s my advice. Don’t be mean. Don’t take sh--. Don’t settle,” she explained to Glamour Magazine this past November.

A little ironic don’t you think?
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #80
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
A one night stand is a "mistake"..."poor judgment"...those two skanks were snuggling and going out together to eat and cuddle.

That's an affair.
I agree. I highly doubt this was a one time affair. They just happened to meet up, in broad daylight mind you, in a deserted parking lot to make out. Then head to a public walking trail for some more kissing and canoodling. I really have a hard time believing this was a one time deal. He apparently called her, she turned her car around and met up with him at that parking lot. Sounds to me like she wanted to be caught in a way. She's been so freaking secretive about her life and now all of a sudden she's throwing caution to the wind and making out with a married man in broad daylight? Just further proof of her (and his) idiocy.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #81
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

The horror.

Funny...isn't it just a short while until Twilight ad nauseum comes out? Enough time for the drama and the heartache and the makeup right before the big day? hmmm....

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #82
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I guess another thing that really bothers me is the fact that he directed this movie (SWATH) and his wife and kids are in the movie (correct?) So, it should me a family treasure for them and now it becomes a constant reminder of what a ******* the father is and what a **** KS is.

Just ticks me off for that family/kids.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #83
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I guess another thing that really bothers me is the fact that he directed this movie (SWATH) and his wife and kids are in the movie (correct?) So, it should me a family treasure for them and now it becomes a constant reminder of what a ******* the father is and what a **** KS is.

Just ticks me off for that family/kids.
I know. It's awful that Kristen is in the movie with his family now. I don't think his wife will be in any hurry to buy the DVD. It's going to forever be associated with those two skanks. Also, if I were Chris Hemsworth's wife, I'd make sure I was on set when they film the sequel for Snow White.....

Kristen, you've pulled off an amazing transformation....human to vampire to trampire. Nice job sweetie.

Last edited by Elinor Dashwood; 07-26-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #84
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Eh, it is Hollywood in which cheating is a normal part of their day.

And oh boy she really looks pretty skanky in those pics.
She looks skanky for a reason!
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #85
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
I know. It's awful that Kristen is in the movie with his family now. I don't think his wife will be in any hurry to buy the DVD. It's going to forever be associated with those two skanks. Also, if I were Chris Hemsworth's wife, I'd make sure I was on set when they film the sequel for Snow White.....

Kristen, you've pulled off an amazing transformation....human to vampire to trampire. Nice job sweetie.
I trust Chris Hemsworth not to cheat... He has better taste then that!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #86
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No it really isn't any else business who is cheating on who. Celebs know they are "followed" and should also keep on mind if they commit any indiscretions they would be seen doing it (and for goodness sake why do the cheaters send texts..do they really think those will never be seen?) and since they know they are a public figure they might not want to be kissing/hugging in any sort of public area.

Although really it's no different from a non celeb situation where Susie sees Jane's husband John kissing Ann and then tells Jane (or tells everyone else and it gets back to Jane). Even non celebs have people outside the relationships stepping in and reporting and "outing" cheaters too.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #87
fiestamomma
Mouseketeer

My two cents :
It's all arranged
Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #88
NikitaZee
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Unless the paparazzi following them in a high-speed car chase or tresspassing on their property, I don't have a problem with them being photographed and published being naughty. Their own fault.
NikitaZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #89
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post

That's an affair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
I agree. I highly doubt this was a one time affair. They just happened to meet up, in broad daylight mind you, in a deserted parking lot to make out. Then head to a public walking trail for some more kissing and canoodling. I really have a hard time believing this was a one time deal. He apparently called her, she turned her car around and met up with him at that parking lot. Sounds to me like she wanted to be caught in a way. She's been so freaking secretive about her life and now all of a sudden she's throwing caution to the wind and making out with a married man in broad daylight? Just further proof of her (and his) idiocy.
The way I see it, you never "accidentally" have sex. You might could get away with a BRIEF laps in judgement by kissing someone, but actually making out or having sex takes much longer than just a second. This means more time to think about what you are doing, your significant other, and/or your family and decide that getting your jollies in that specific moment is much more important. And don't even get me started on the idea of a person having an extended affair. Ugh. Add on the fact that the significant others in this situation seem to have found out about the affair via US Weekly or People and you will have some serious trust issues. If my husband ever had the audacity to cheat on me, the only chance he would ever have of saving our marriage would be for him to have come clean himself. If I find out some another source? Forget it. That just shows me that he didn't respect me enough to stay faithful OR to be honest.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #90
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZee View Post
Unless the paparazzi following them in a high-speed car chase or tresspassing on their property, I don't have a problem with them being photographed and published being naughty. Their own fault.
I'm not really worried much about the ones caught. I'm just thinking about the spouse/mate who's not involved being splashed w/ the mud, not to mention the kids.

Someone else mentioned it's not any different than a friend or acquaintance spotting cheaters and telling the spouse/mate. As painful & humiliating as that may be, it's not in the news, splashed around for somebody like me who doesn't even really know who these people are, let alone know them. Most of the time the prevalent "wisdom" about revealing a cheating spouse to a friend is stay out of it. I guess the standards are different when there's a $ to be had.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: