Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #181
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
I guess I'm surprised by people who are surprised about why she did this in regard to it potentially ruining her career?

She is a 22 year old kid, an immature and impulsive kid at that. She wasn't thinking about her career, because if she was, she would have donned a disguise and used a hotel room with an alias, as so many other Hollywood stars have done, and continue to do.
Well, I don't consider a 22 year old a kid. I do agree she's obviously immature, why else would she release a public apology like that? I thought I'd been transported back to the 12th grade.

Quote:
She did what she wanted to do, whether it was to get caught on purpose or not, she didn't have any foresight into the matter. Not sure why people are surprised by that? I see it with much older people on a daily basis - lack of foresight and bad judgment are the order of the day for so many people, especially the people who reside in Hollywood.
True but this is Kristen Stewart here. The same one who complains and acts disgusted with the press and publicity she gets as a star. Clearly she's very much aware of how stalked she is by them, she even likened it to being raped (if you can believe that!). I've long grown tired of her disdainful attitude towards everyone and everything that made her the supposed star she is. I don't see a sense gratitude at all.

Quote:
It's no surprise to me that she did this whatsoever, in terms of her public persona. As for her relationship with Robert Pattinson...I don't know them, so would have no idea if either of them has cheated before.
I think what's getting lost is the fact she cheated with a married man. Not just some other single dude, but a married father of 2. Yes, cheating on your bf is bad but she and Rupert BOTH knew that he was married with kids. His kids (AND WIFE) were in the Snow White movie with Kristen that Rupert directed.

Quote:
Bottom line is she is young and stupidly got caught doing something that could have harmful effects on her life. Add her to the long list of millions of other young adults who do impulsive and stupid things on a daily basis.

Tiger
She's not that young. People (not you) seem to keep giving that excuse like it's ok that she made this mistake due to her age. I can tell you that at 22 I was fully aware of appropriate relationships. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to comprehend that adultery is unacceptable.

But you're right, she most likely will suffer for it. And rightly so. Just because she made a mistake doesn't mean it has no consequences. Sure she's remorseful now because she got caught and might lose her bf over it. She didn't look remorseful at all to me when she was making out with a married man and then cuddling up with him in broad daylight. He didn't look remorseful either, he looked like he was having a grand time with her.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #182
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Ok, I found this online. It's Will Ferrell on Conan's show. He seems a bit upset :

http://www.toofab.com/2012/08/03/wil...-conan-obrien/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #183
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Well, I don't consider a 22 year old a kid. I do agree she's obviously immature, why else would she release a public apology like that? I thought I'd been transported back to the 12th grade.

True but this is Kristen Stewart here. The same one who complains and acts disgusted with the press and publicity she gets as a star. Clearly she's very much aware of how stalked she is by them, she even likened it to being raped (if you can believe that!). I've long grown tired of her disdainful attitude towards everyone and everything that made her the supposed star she is. I don't see a sense gratitude at all.

I think what's getting lost is the fact she cheated with a married man. Not just some other single dude, but a married father of 2. Yes, cheating on your bf is bad but she and Rupert BOTH knew that he was married with kids. His kids (AND WIFE) were in the Snow White movie with Kristen that Rupert directed.

She's not that young. People (not you) seem to keep giving that excuse like it's ok that she made this mistake due to her age. I can tell you that at 22 I was fully aware of appropriate relationships. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to comprehend that adultery is unacceptable.

But you're right, she most likely will suffer for it. And rightly so. Just because she made a mistake doesn't mean it has no consequences. Sure she's remorseful now because she got caught and might lose her bf over it. She didn't look remorseful at all to me when she was making out with a married man and then cuddling up with him in broad daylight. He didn't look remorseful either, he looked like he was having a grand time with her.
We'll have to agree to disagree, as I feel that 22 year olds are kids. When we many of us will live to 90 years old, at 22, you are just statring life. Does it mean I give her a pass for her behaviour? Nope! Am I using it as an excuse? Absolutely not!

I say she's a kid though, because it shows to me that she has immature and childlike ideas about her life:

Did she not think she would get caught?

Did she want to get caught, so she hurt others in the process of some kind of emotional self sabotage to get out of her relationship with Pattinson?

Did she think people were going to excuse her behaviour?

Did she not even have any foresight into the consequences of her actions?

Does she always execute such bad judgment when it comes to other people's lives or her own, especially in relation to her career?

Most adults I know, make better decisions than she did, so in my book, I am classifying her as an immature kid. This is the kind of behaviour you see with 21 and 22 year old College kids - it is impulsive and self serving behaviour in order to satisfy a personal want, irregardless of how it will affect others.

As for her married lover. I have no comment about him. He is married, in a committed relationship with woman he has known for a long time, who is the mother of his children. Why did he cheat? Does he cheat regularly? Who knows? He is immature as well, and acted like an immature kid as well. I don't give him a pass, but I leave his consequences up to his wife. Regardless of whether she made a move on him, he had a duty to his wife and children to reject those advances, and he did not.

As for Kristen, she has found herself in an interesting place. A place that she has claimed to despise. The bottom line, is that she has thrust her boyfriend and her director's wife and kids into a bad place. A place that she and her married lover selfishly placed them into when they decided to canoodle with each other, while attached to other people.

As for her apology, it was necessary from a PR standpoint. I'm sure her people probably highly encouraged her to do that in order to product her brand, which is herself and the whole Twilight empire. It should have been kept private, but she is a huge marketing machine for the Twilight lovers around the world, so it was probably necessary in that respect. Unfortunately, they combined business with pleasure once they started a relationship outside of the studio, so it then becomes necessary in that regard to save face, lest they lose money and fans due to her immature and stupid decision to have an affair. Such is Hollywood...

I feel most sad for the wife and kids though...

Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 08-03-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #184
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree, as I feel that 22 year olds are kids. When we many of us will live to 90 years old, at 22, you are just statring life. Does it mean I give her a pass for her behaviour? Nope! Am I using it as an excuse? Absolutely not!

I say she's a kid though, because it shows to me that she has immature and childlike ideas about her life:

Did she not think she would get caught?

Did she want to get caught, so she hurt others in the process of some kind of emotional self sabotage to get out of her relationship with Pattinson?

Did she think people were going to excuse her behaviour?

Did she not even have any foresight into the consequences of her actions?

Does she always execute such bad judgment when it comes to other people's lives or her own, especially in relation to her career?

Most adults I know, make better decisions than she did, so in my book, I am classifying her as an immature kid. This is the kind of behaviour you see with 21 and 22 year old College kids - it is impulsive and self serving behaviour in order to satisfy a personal want, irregardless of how it will affect others.

As for her married lover. I have no comment about him. He is married, in a committed relationship with woman he has known for a long time, who is the mother of his children. Why did he cheat? Does he cheat regularly? Who knows? He is immature as well, and acted like an immature kid as well. I don't give him a pass, but I leave his consequences up to his wife. Regardless of whether she made a move on him, he had a duty to his wife and children to reject those advances, and he did not.

As for Kristen, she has found herself in an interesting place. A place that she has claimed to despise. The bottom line, is that she has thrust her boyfriend and her director's wife and kids into a bad place. A place that she and her married lover selfishly placed them into when they decided to canoodle with each other, while attached to other people.

As for her apology, it was necessary from a PR standpoint. I'm sure her people probably highly encouraged her to do that in order to product her brand, which is herself and the whole Twilight empire. It should have been kept private, but she is a huge marketing machine for the Twilight lovers around the world, so it was probably necessary in that respect. Unfortunately, they combined business with pleasure once they started a relationship outside of the studio, so it then becomes necessary in that regard to save face, lest they lose money and fans due to her immature and stupid decision to have an affair. Such is Hollywood...

I feel most sad for the wife and kids though...

Tiger
This is a well thought out post. I still think that at 22 she is old enough to understand that cheating with a married man is wrong. But I will concede that she is highly immature and most likely thought she'd never get caught. She never struck me as the impulsive type but obviously I was mistaken.

I understand the public apology from a PR point of view. But considering how she hurt many people with these actions, I wish she'd have chosen to keep it private. But I suppose damage control had to be done via the Twilight franchise and their fans.

I feel most for Rupert's wife and kids too. They don't deserve such poor treatment by their father and husband. He really is a pig. Let's hope his kids don't google him in the foreseeable future. And I can't imagine what his wife is going through, it's such a public humiliation being played out for her. Disgusting.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #185
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I would not call her a kid. Immature? Absolutely! Inconsiderate and selfish? You bet! But a kid? Nope. At 22, she is old enough to vote and have a say in the future of this country. She is old enough to purchase and drink alcohol. She is old enough to sit n death row if she kills someone. She is old enough to rent a car. And, apparently she is old enough to shack up with her boyfriend, but then turn around and have an affair with a married man. Since the married man is not facing statutory rape charges, I'd classify her as a full fledged adult. Aware of her actions, but immune to the fact that they have consequences. Perfectly immature, inconsiderate, and selfish. And, it is my opinion that she deserves all of the negative press and publicity that comes from this - as does that scumbag director who could also be described using the same adjectives.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #186
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

When I was 22, I knew it was wrong to have an affair with a married man. I was a young nurse then, with offers from older married attendings for "extra-curricular" activities. I always said no, 1. because it was wrong 2. because I wasn't interested in anyone who was old enough to be my father regardless of their financial or social status 3. because I never thought it was a good idea to mix business with pleasure. Hubby has a very graphic "cliche" to describe this phenomena wthat has to do with a bodily function and not doing it where you eat.

Now I'm an old nurse, so no one offers anything anymore. Makes life much easier.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #187
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Looks like Rupert's wife isn't too keen on seeing him since he cheated. Such a pig.:

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

Rupert Sanders Hasn't Seen Wife Since Revealing Kristen Stewart Tryst: Source
Saturday August 04, 2012 06:00 PM EDT

Rupert Sanders and Liberty Ross

Scott Kirkland/PictureGroup

Since news broke of Kristen Stewart's hook-up with Rupert Sanders, the married director of Snow White and the Huntsman, her boyfriend Robert Pattinson has been coping with heartbreak. He's not the only one.

Sanders's wife of seven years, Liberty Ross, was "devastated," a source tells PEOPLE of the model-turned-actress, who played Stewart's mother in the hit film.

"They seemed like a perfectly happy family," the source says of Ross and Sanders, who have two children. "This was devastating for her."

Though Sanders, 44, was recently spotted out wearing his wedding ring, that is no indication that Ross has forgiven her husband.

In fact, another source tells PEOPLE that the couple have not seen each other since Sanders told Ross about cheating with Stewart, 22.

"She's been focused just on her kids through this," the source says. "It's what she cares about the most."

However, the shock of the scandal is apparently fading. "Now she's really feeling strong and looks forward to resuming her life," the source says.

But that doesn't mean a reconciliation is in the works. According to the source, nothing has been decided.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #188
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

At 22 I was married, owned my own home and knew the difference between right and wrong. I don't think that can be used as an excuse for her behavior.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #189
WowLookAtThat
DIS Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErRYgLhkvw

Reminded me of this thread
WowLookAtThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #190
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Robert Pattinson apparently gave an interview last night on the Jon Stewart (ha ha, Stewart) show. Poor dude, he looked anxious as heck. Way too much nervous laughter, which makes me think he must be scared that people are going to ask about his relationship with Kristen. Overall, I thought he did well.

http://www.extratv.com/2012/08/14/ro...rt-daily-show/
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #191
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

At 22 I was young, dumb and stupid.

I also had two degrees and a job.

I don't consider an adult an adult until late twenties, till then they're still baking.

Try googling the function and the maturation of the frontal lobes of the brain. It'll explain why risks are taken by youth. Of course, it's never for EVERYONE, my son at 19 is way more mature than I was at that age, but that was mainly due to socialization and family dynamics.

It also helps me to understand why I took more risks and why insurance is so HIGH for kids under 25.

Here is a good one:

http://www.hhs.gov/opa/familylife/te...rontal_cortex/

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #192
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Robert Pattinson apparently gave an interview last night on the Jon Stewart (ha ha, Stewart) show. Poor dude, he looked anxious as heck. Way too much nervous laughter, which makes me think he must be scared that people are going to ask about his relationship with Kristen. Overall, I thought he did well.

http://www.extratv.com/2012/08/14/ro...rt-daily-show/
He didn't reveal a thing. They just made believe they were two girlfriends dissing guys over ice cream..

ABC has the rights to the first interview, it goes on tomorrow on GMA. I can't imagine he'll say much.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #193
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
He didn't reveal a thing. They just made believe they were two girlfriends dissing guys over ice cream..

ABC has the rights to the first interview, it goes on tomorrow on GMA. I can't imagine he'll say much.
It was cute, wasn't it, when Jon Stewart pulled out the Ben & Jerry's and said they were just two gals talking! I half expected them to braid each other's hair and paint their toe nails together.

But yes, he didn't reveal anything. I didn't think he would, what can he say anyway? Who wants to go on national TV and tell the world how they feel that the person they love publicly cheated on them with a married father of 2?? He looked so fidgety and nervous.

I'm glad that Liberty Ross isn't going on tv anytime soon. Now that would be a very difficult interview to watch I think.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #194
WowLookAtThat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was cute, wasn't it, when Jon Stewart pulled out the Ben & Jerry's and said they were just two gals talking! I half expected them to braid each other's hair and paint their toe nails together.

But yes, he didn't reveal anything. I didn't think he would, what can he say anyway? Who wants to go on national TV and tell the world how they feel that the person they love publicly cheated on them with a married father of 2?? He looked so fidgety and nervous.

I'm glad that Liberty Ross isn't going on tv anytime soon. Now that would be a very difficult interview to watch I think.
He was pretty nervous but Stewart cracked me up and Patterson's spanx line was great.
WowLookAtThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #195
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I would not call her a kid. Immature? Absolutely! Inconsiderate and selfish? You bet! But a kid? Nope. At 22, she is old enough to vote and have a say in the future of this country. She is old enough to purchase and drink alcohol. She is old enough to sit n death row if she kills someone. She is old enough to rent a car......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
I don't consider an adult an adult until late twenties, till then they're still baking.....Try googling the function and the maturation of the frontal lobes of the brain. It'll explain why risks are taken by youth....It also helps me to understand why I took more risks and why insurance is so HIGH for kids under 25....
...one cannot rent an automobile under the age of 25, but they CAN cheat on their 'significant other'...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: