Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #166
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
One has to wonder, if the next Twilight movie tanks because fans are turned off by the incident, can the studio sue KS for their losses. This incident won't do anything to further her career. She is making mega bucks because of the Twilight groupies...not due to her acting talent. From this point forward, she may find she isn't that much in demand by fans or studios.
This has entered my mind. She may have ruined whatever career she had. Fans can make or break an actor/actress. She may have really gone over the line with this one.

As far as her being sued. Never thought of that. Maybe? If so, she a goner.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #167
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post

Oh my word! 39 years younger?!?! Good lord that would be hard to swallow. Your poor family must have been disgusted with him!
Yes, we still are. 57 and she is 18. 36yrs. of marriage, thrown away.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #168
handinpocket
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
Yes, we still are. 57 and she is 18. 36yrs. of marriage, thrown away.
Oh dear god.....are they still together? If so, you can all have a good laugh when she leaves him in a few years. I guarantee she will.
handinpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #169
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpocket View Post
Oh dear god.....are they still together? If so, you can all have a good laugh when she leaves him in a few years. I guarantee she will.
As far as I know. Unless something has happened in the last 2 weeks.
Today he was supposed to be moving out of state for a new job. It is a relief although I know it will be sorta tough on the kids (youngest is 16). The part of my heart that remembers him for the past 38 years of my life is sad because it is like losing a big brother. But the person who he has become in the past 3 years of knowing her, I say good riddance. I'm very angry and disgusted by him about this. I need to find forgiveness but am really struggling with that.

She'll definitely leave him. He is an OLD 57.

Years ago my cousin ran off with the babysitter. Now, HE is 57 (the wife about 42/43) and she has left HIM. His mom says she left him because he is old (and he's a young 57!). Karma... So yeah, I think this girl will probably leave him although he'll be coming into a lot of money and so, she may stick around several years.

there's just a lot about this story that reminds me of this reality my family calls "our life" right now. I did not mean to take it off topic...it is just so shocking to me. There was a thread a few weeks ago where age difference was discussed and I was amazed at how often this type of thing happens.

Shining at the end of everyday
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #170
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
One has to wonder, if the next Twilight movie tanks because fans are turned off by the incident, can the studio sue KS for their losses. This incident won't do anything to further her career. She is making mega bucks because of the Twilight groupies...not due to her acting talent. From this point forward, she may find she isn't that much in demand by fans or studios.
Good question. I have no idea how that works with her contract and all. I think she effectively screwed herself in this scandal. Her fan base is largely women and young girls. Personally I think her acting is very blah and her one saving grace in the Twilight francise was Robert Pattinson as Edward. Now that she's so openly cheated on him, those fans are turning on her fast. It's almost like they endured the movies because of Robert and Kristen was an after thought. If true, she's going to find it difficult to build that fan base up again, if ever. And at least Robert Pattinson has acting talent and ability. All Kristen has going for her is that she's attractive and was lucky enough to be cast as Bella (opposite Robert of course).

Studio wise, I'd imagine they'd be hesitant to work with her for a multitude of reasons. First being that she's most likely going to be boycotted by many girls and young women. Second, she's a liability on set now if there just happens to be a British, good looking, married man directing.....
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #171
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I will have to say she will lose many a fan that she gained through the Twilight movies. Why? Because most of those fans are female. Twilight has a HUGE female fan base. And who do most of those females like and scream over?

Robert Pattinson... the guy KS cheated on.

I honestly think this WILL have an impact on her career. As a studio I would not want to be casting her at the moment (not that I would ever cast her as I think she is a lackluster actress anyway).
Exactly. That's what I was thinking too. Such a stupid move, career wise and relationship wise. I've never understood the allure of her acting, I think it's very stiff and wooden. Yes, I've seen all of the Twilight movies, mostly due to my sister begging me lol! It's almost like she's in pain when she acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Dare to dream...
Yes, let's dare!
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #172
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

I guess I'm surprised by people who are surprised about why she did this in regard to it potentially ruining her career?

She is a 22 year old kid, an immature and impulsive kid at that. She wasn't thinking about her career, because if she was, she would have donned a disguise and used a hotel room with an alias, as so many other Hollywood stars have done, and continue to do.

She did what she wanted to do, whether it was to get caught on purpose or not, she didn't have any foresight into the matter. Not sure why people are surprised by that? I see it with much older people on a daily basis - lack of foresight and bad judgment are the order of the day for so many people, especially the people who reside in Hollywood.

It's no surprise to me that she did this whatsoever, in terms of her public persona. As for her relationship with Robert Pattinson...I don't know them, so would have no idea if either of them has cheated before.

Bottom line is she is young and stupidly got caught doing something that could have harmful effects on her life. Add her to the long list of millions of other young adults who do impulsive and stupid things on a daily basis.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #173
fiestamomma
Mouseketeer

I really don't think this will have any bearing on the movie. If anything it is providing a lot of free publicity.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #174
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

I still can't get over the fact that she is the highest paid actress in Hollywood. Scary.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #175
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

I feel bad for Pattison and the guy's wife.
It's always hard to find out people aren't who you think they are.

Worse for the wife though, because she has to deal with the kid aspect as well.

Easier to be a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, because you can pretty much just walk away. If they own that house together, that would be the only issue to divide. Hopefully, they're renting.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #176
fiestamomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll
I feel bad for Pattison and the guy's wife.
It's always hard to find out people aren't who you think they are.

Worse for the wife though, because she has to deal with the kid aspect as well.

Easier to be a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, because you can pretty much just walk away. If they own that house together, that would be the only issue to divide. Hopefully, they're renting.
From what's been "reported" it's his house.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #177
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
I think it was a cover up too since Twilight Breaking Dawn comes out soon. The whole stupid thing hinges on the chemistry between Kristen and Robert. Not smart on her part from a purely career standpoint.
I see it a bit differently since I think this scandal will be beneficial to the next Twilight movie. Publicity is publicity, and for all the fans who hate her, there will be that many more who love Robert because of what she did to him. Of course, it may mean career suicide for her, but I don't think she was going to be much beyond what she is now.

Of course the skeptic in me thinks that this whole thing is BS. If you know cameras follow you around, why would you have a "secret" affair in full view of lurking cameras? I think this thing is being played out the way it was supposed to be, by all involved.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #178
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestamomma View Post
From what's been "reported" it's his house.

Oh.

I thought someone posted something that said he moved out.

If I were him I'd be moving back into my house and telling her she had 48 hours to vacate herself and her stuff or I'd be donating her stuff to the Salvation Army.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #179
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
Oh.

I thought someone posted something that said he moved out.

If I were him I'd be moving back into my house and telling her she had 48 hours to vacate herself and her stuff or I'd be donating her stuff to the Salvation Army.
I just read that he left the house and is staying at Reese Witherspoon's vacation house. He told KS to get her stuff out and leave their house.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #180
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
I still can't get over the fact that she is the highest paid actress in Hollywood. Scary.
Between that and the lines at chikilfa today, I think it's time for me to move out of the country because I clearly don't fit in with this nation's mindset.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: