Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #106
stimmons
Mouseketeer
 
stimmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 376

Giant palm trees in the back of a truck...major sketchy! But not as sketchy as a Waffle House gift shop. ????? Definitely not the Happiest Place On Earth!
__________________
"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."
"Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
Walt E. Disney



COMPLETED TR: WDW Veterans and the Trip of Firsts! There's a First Time For Everything.




Past WDW Trips: Multiple During Childhood, Stayed Offsite/2006, Stayed Offsite/2007, POP/2010, Daytrip/2010, BLT/2012, CS/2013
stimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #107
sbprincess
Mouseketeer
 
sbprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 421

I am so with you about not being able to sleep in a car. Although, I really cannot nap at all. It doesn't matter if I'm asleep for 10 minutes or 2 hours, I feel horrible for the rest of the day if I try to sleep outside of normal sleeping hours. Makes long drives fun, let me tell ya

I can't tell you the last time I had McDonald's. I usually remind myself that although it may sound good, I'm never satisfied afterward. I'm not much for any fast food actually, but especially not McD's...thanks for reaffirming that!

Boo for Not-Disney! But atleast you're close!

And you successfully put that song in my head. I'm reading at work and took a potty break after reading the very beginning of your update. "Life is a Highway" was the background music to my...um...activity
__________________
dh, 31 and me, 30

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
sbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #108
SheStang94
Earning My Ears
 
SheStang94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jersey Shore, NJ
Posts: 32

Woohoo, I made for the beginning of the report! I've followed your last two TRs, and I loved them! They seem oddly familiar to me! Through the past two reports, I have had a lot of "Yup, definitely something I would do/have done" moments! Looking forward to reading more and joining in your adventure!
__________________
DCL_Bride on Twitter and Instagram

SheStang94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #109
cindianne320
Mouseketeer
 
cindianne320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 458

Yay for arriving in Florida! Can't wait to hear about your First Disney Evening!!!
__________________
DH Me DS (4) DD (1)
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #110
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

I'm here and all caught up, ready for another awesome TR from you! I've always been pretty much a lurker (in real life I am a loudmouth, so not sure why...), but I'll try to speak up more this go-round!
__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #111
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears
 
heatherlekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 61

Yay!!! Count me in! Cant wait to hear all about yalls time at Disney! Love your idea on rating dining with Ratatouille characters. My hubby thinks I'm such a wierdo for reading other peoples trip reports bc I was trying to tell him how entertaining your trip reports are.
__________________
me dh ds16

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010
heatherlekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #112
ShannonMarie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 103

I've got to ask...what is the tattoo on your wrist? I think its a tattoo but I couldn't see what it is. Disney related?
ShannonMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #113
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran
 
LongLiveDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,261

Great start to your TR! I'm so excited to read it. You're my favorite TR writer. Count me in!
__________________

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #114
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,438

First, love the song choice! I think it's awesome how you just automatically drift to a Disney song. The song was recorded and performed by Rascal Flatts specially for the movie Cars!! Also, the fact that I've heard this song a lot in Disney vacation videos. Eeeeee... great choice!

Huge props to deciding to drive instead of your "more apt" husband, but seriously, I'm starting to think the masochism with the "woman are awful drivers" is VERY untrue, well at least for me. I've only met one bad woman driver and the fact is, she has reason to drive so slow and besides that, she is very good. My dad has told me time and time again how my mom is a much better driver than he is. Also, most guys I've driven with are like REALLY pushing the speed limit, it sometimes can be terrifying. Or they just treat it like a game, which is so weird for me because now that I'm learning how to drive, I'm the total opposite. But anyways, that's what I got to say about that. Sorry to hear though you had a little traffic meltdown! Ugh, absolutely can't stand traffic either! You luckily don't have to drive through NJ when going to Disney

Oooo... I really am liking your little rating system here. The fact that my good pals from Ratatouille are involved makes it awesome IMO Can't wait to see how many Remys we get in Disney Django is not good on a TR, but at least it was only used for a hold over meal lol

LOL @ your reaction to the Rockstar Energy drink. Note to self: Never give Joni any type of energy drink or if you do, at least be prepared *starts singing Be Prepared from The Lion King* Okay, where was I? Oh yes... Look at Poor John, all unprepared, he is such a good husband for dealing with all your craziness Love the picture of you trying to bite John's head off, you two are just SOOO adorable!

YAY! You've arrived! Well in Florida (a la Disney World), but you're there! I find it extremely hilarious you noticed a truck carrying a Palm Tree on the highway. So weird yet so funny! YAY! Expedition Everest! That's the best Disney billboard to take a picture of, right there! Sorry though you had to get stuck with *gulp* NOT Disney hotels... good thing it's for only one night!

Can't wait to read about your first adventure in the World!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #115
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,651

Haha, I'm the same way driving in traffic, I cannot deal, I actually feel like I will have a nervous breakdown! That's why Brandon does 99% of the driving anytime we go anywhere together, I just can't!

Brandon loves those energy drinks too, and the only time I ever attempt to drink them is in Disney! I always feel like they don't work for me, and I can never drink a whole can, because they're huge, but they keep me going when I think I can't possible go anymore, so I guess they do work! If I drank a whole one, I'd probably be acting like you, some crazy lunatic!

OMG I remember when we used to drive down to Disney on family trips, seeing people have palm trees on the back of their trucks! I always thought that was such a brilliant idea! Being from CT, I would always try to think of plans to steal a palm tree and plant one up here, so if people just drive around with them, seems pretty simple right? But then, what if I did succeed, and planted a palm tree in my yard, then the winter came, and it died? I don't think I could live with myself, being a palm tree murderer.

Yay, Disney signs! I love seeing those, even driving from the airport!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #116
joleen76
Forever Mickey's Girl
 
joleen76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas (aka retirment training for Disney)
Posts: 485

Subbing!

Our fur babies always "know" when we are leaving on a trip. They pout, they sulk, and they literally lay on TOP of our bags trying to convince us not to leave. It always makes me feel so bad for them.

We drive to Disney too, so I can completely relate to those points in the drive that either frustrate you or make you a little stir crazy!

Yay for arriving so close to Disney. Can't wait to hear more!
__________________
Please excuse our mess we are updating for your future enjoyment....



6th grd DL; 7/95 Swan; 5/03 ASMo; 5/04 POP; 5/05 POP; 5/06 POR; 5/07 POFQ; 11/07 BC T-day/MVMCP ;6/08 YC & CR DISNEYMOON ; 11/08 AS Sp. T-day/MVMCP 6/10 Ft. Wild Cab; 6/11 POP; 8/12 ASMo; 6/14 CBR Grad Trip
Mom Dad DS 18 DS 14 DS 12 DS 10
joleen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #117
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel
 
MickeyisBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 37,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
That's so cool that you're from NC too! Where abouts are you from?

Wow that's neat that we were in Disney at the same time too! What days were you there? I'm going to go check out your TR!
I'm from around Charlotte and we were there July 5th-12th, so we were there a couple of the same days!



Great update, too funny about the energy drink! I love the shirt you're wearing, it's adorable
__________________


1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary


MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #118
JDailey
Mouseketeer
 
JDailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 140

So glad you guys had a great trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!
__________________
JDailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #119
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!
 
therussells08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!
Posts: 1,880

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
HAHAHAHA. I'm in. I don't know how convincing we'd be, though. Even if we tried REALLY hard, we'd never be as obnoxious as them.
This is true...they have truly mastered the art of being obnoxious. Well, I guess everyone has to be good as something.

Okay, onto more important things. YOU ARE IN DISNEY RIGHT NOW. I'm so happy I could just explode! I hope you are having the best time ever, and taking LOTS of pictures for your next amazing TR!

Talk to you soon, buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimmons View Post
Giant palm trees in the back of a truck...major sketchy! But not as sketchy as a Waffle House gift shop. ????? Definitely not the Happiest Place On Earth!
Haha yeah...we were seeing some questionable things outside of Disney World! All the more reason to hurry up and get in the "bubble"...and never leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
I am so with you about not being able to sleep in a car. Although, I really cannot nap at all. It doesn't matter if I'm asleep for 10 minutes or 2 hours, I feel horrible for the rest of the day if I try to sleep outside of normal sleeping hours. Makes long drives fun, let me tell ya

I can't tell you the last time I had McDonald's. I usually remind myself that although it may sound good, I'm never satisfied afterward. I'm not much for any fast food actually, but especially not McD's...thanks for reaffirming that!

Boo for Not-Disney! But atleast you're close!

And you successfully put that song in my head. I'm reading at work and took a potty break after reading the very beginning of your update. "Life is a Highway" was the background music to my...um...activity
Sleeping in a car I can't do, but I looooove me some naps! I honestly can't imagine my life without naps...they're one of my favorite hobbies! I can see where not being able to nap would get really frustrating!

I'm like that with all fast food. I think I want it, then after I eat it I'm like, "What was I thinking?!" I need to be like you and start telling myself it's a bad idea BEFORE I eat it!

We were so close!

See? This soundtrack is perfect for any part of life, even going to the bathroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheStang94 View Post
Woohoo, I made for the beginning of the report! I've followed your last two TRs, and I loved them! They seem oddly familiar to me! Through the past two reports, I have had a lot of "Yup, definitely something I would do/have done" moments! Looking forward to reading more and joining in your adventure!
Thank you so much for following my other TRs, and for joining in on this one! That's so great that we have a lot in common! I love meeting kindred spirits who share my eccentricities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Yay for arriving in Florida! Can't wait to hear about your First Disney Evening!!!
We were so relieved to finally be there! And we had a VERY eventful first evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I'm here and all caught up, ready for another awesome TR from you! I've always been pretty much a lurker (in real life I am a loudmouth, so not sure why...), but I'll try to speak up more this go-round!
Thank you so much for joining in, and thank you for coming out of lurkdom! Please, feel free to be your loudmouth self here on my TR! I love comments!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #120
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!
 
therussells08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!
Posts: 1,880

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlekay View Post
Yay!!! Count me in! Cant wait to hear all about yalls time at Disney! Love your idea on rating dining with Ratatouille characters. My hubby thinks I'm such a wierdo for reading other peoples trip reports bc I was trying to tell him how entertaining your trip reports are.
Thanks so much for joining in! I'm glad you like my rating system! Aww I'm so glad you love my reports! And don't worry- if reading about other people's trips is weird, then you're among weirdo friends here! We all love TRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMarie View Post
I've got to ask...what is the tattoo on your wrist? I think its a tattoo but I couldn't see what it is. Disney related?
It is a tattoo, but unfortunately not Disney related! It's a feather! Here's a better picture of it:



Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveDisney View Post
Great start to your TR! I'm so excited to read it. You're my favorite TR writer. Count me in!
Thank you so much for joining in, and THANK YOU for saying I'm your favorite TR writer! That is such a great compliment! I'm so flattered! I hope you enjoy this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
First, love the song choice! I think it's awesome how you just automatically drift to a Disney song. The song was recorded and performed by Rascal Flatts specially for the movie Cars!! Also, the fact that I've heard this song a lot in Disney vacation videos. Eeeeee... great choice!

Huge props to deciding to drive instead of your "more apt" husband, but seriously, I'm starting to think the masochism with the "woman are awful drivers" is VERY untrue, well at least for me. I've only met one bad woman driver and the fact is, she has reason to drive so slow and besides that, she is very good. My dad has told me time and time again how my mom is a much better driver than he is. Also, most guys I've driven with are like REALLY pushing the speed limit, it sometimes can be terrifying. Or they just treat it like a game, which is so weird for me because now that I'm learning how to drive, I'm the total opposite. But anyways, that's what I got to say about that. Sorry to hear though you had a little traffic meltdown! Ugh, absolutely can't stand traffic either! You luckily don't have to drive through NJ when going to Disney

Oooo... I really am liking your little rating system here. The fact that my good pals from Ratatouille are involved makes it awesome IMO Can't wait to see how many Remys we get in Disney Django is not good on a TR, but at least it was only used for a hold over meal lol

LOL @ your reaction to the Rockstar Energy drink. Note to self: Never give Joni any type of energy drink or if you do, at least be prepared *starts singing Be Prepared from The Lion King* Okay, where was I? Oh yes... Look at Poor John, all unprepared, he is such a good husband for dealing with all your craziness Love the picture of you trying to bite John's head off, you two are just SOOO adorable!

YAY! You've arrived! Well in Florida (a la Disney World), but you're there! I find it extremely hilarious you noticed a truck carrying a Palm Tree on the highway. So weird yet so funny! YAY! Expedition Everest! That's the best Disney billboard to take a picture of, right there! Sorry though you had to get stuck with *gulp* NOT Disney hotels... good thing it's for only one night!

Can't wait to read about your first adventure in the World!
Thank you! I'm glad you appreciated the Disney touch! I was going to go with the original version of that song, but I had to do the Disney Rascal Flatts version!

I am SO GLAD to hear that a male is not falling into believing that stereotype. Good for you! There's a lot of bad female drivers out there, but there's also a lot of bad male drivers! How is learning to drive going for you? I remember being awful when I first started. I ran into my driving instructor's mailbox!

Thanks! I'm glad you like the rating system! Don't worry, there will be LOTS of Remys!

Hahaha your whole paragraph about the energy drink had me cracking up. Including a Disney song reference? Bonus points! Poor John, he is so patient with me and my antics. Bless him!

We were so happy to be there, even if we weren't staying a Disney hotel just yet. John was thrilled with that billboard, because that's his favorite ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, I'm the same way driving in traffic, I cannot deal, I actually feel like I will have a nervous breakdown! That's why Brandon does 99% of the driving anytime we go anywhere together, I just can't!

Brandon loves those energy drinks too, and the only time I ever attempt to drink them is in Disney! I always feel like they don't work for me, and I can never drink a whole can, because they're huge, but they keep me going when I think I can't possible go anymore, so I guess they do work! If I drank a whole one, I'd probably be acting like you, some crazy lunatic!

OMG I remember when we used to drive down to Disney on family trips, seeing people have palm trees on the back of their trucks! I always thought that was such a brilliant idea! Being from CT, I would always try to think of plans to steal a palm tree and plant one up here, so if people just drive around with them, seems pretty simple right? But then, what if I did succeed, and planted a palm tree in my yard, then the winter came, and it died? I don't think I could live with myself, being a palm tree murderer.

Yay, Disney signs! I love seeing those, even driving from the airport!
Ugh, I'm so glad I'm not alone in my traffic hatred. IT'S SO ANNOYING.

Haha yeah I definitely should have paced myself with the whole energy drink think. I downed that whole can in about five minutes.

HAHAHA I am cracking up at you stealing a palm tree, but even more at the prospect of being a palm tree murderer!

Yes! Disney signs are the best! They mean good things are coming your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleen76 View Post
Subbing!

Our fur babies always "know" when we are leaving on a trip. They pout, they sulk, and they literally lay on TOP of our bags trying to convince us not to leave. It always makes me feel so bad for them.

We drive to Disney too, so I can completely relate to those points in the drive that either frustrate you or make you a little stir crazy!

Yay for arriving so close to Disney. Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for joining in!

Awwww aren't they just so pitiful?! They use all these little tricks to make us feel guilty! Where do they learn this stuff?

Yay! Another Disney driver! I feel like almost everyone flies, so I'm so glad to have someone who can relate to our driving drama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
I'm from around Charlotte and we were there July 5th-12th, so we were there a couple of the same days!

Great update, too funny about the energy drink! I love the shirt you're wearing, it's adorable
That's awesome! My dad is a construction worker and he does jobs in Charlotte all the time, so he practically lives there! Wow, we were there a lot of the same days! So cool!

Thank you so much! That shirt was a great find- only $1.99!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
So glad you guys had a great trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!
Thank you so much! It really was wonderful! Thanks for joining us on our adventure!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: