Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #91
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OH MY GOSH. They do say that twins have a telepathy thing going on but this is just freaky... why you ask? I am currently listening to that very song by that very band. Imagine my surprise when that is your song of the update!!!! Hahahahah oh lord. This is insane.

Hahahah, I'm sorry about your stressful driving situation, but I had to laugh at the picture. It's like, "All is well with Joni now." HAHAH. I can't stand traffic either UGH.

OH my gosh that picture. You're like okay cool, I'm just gonna bite your face off. John's like OH LORD what have I done?

YAY! Thanks for updating!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #92
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Joni you CRACK me up! I love the effects of energy drinks on us Frumps.

LOL that Waffle House/gift shop does look pretty sketchy! Stay away!

I love Disney billboards.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #93
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Haha I love your rambling and excessive exclamatory punctuation! Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing when I was commenting on the fart shoes TR last night. I realized every sentence I had typed started with "I love..." so I had to go back and rewrite some of it!

I LOVE organic milk. It just tastes so much better!

Awww thank you! They're my babies. That's so cool that you work at a kennel! I love dogs so much, but cats...eh. They're not for me!
Hahaha that's okay! I notice that I do that a lot too! I love how it's known as the fart shoes TR. That's fantastic.

Me too! I agree! And it's so much better for ya!

They're so precious. I agree with ya there. I'm okay with cats. I'll take care of them and all but I'm not a huge fan. I LOVE dogs though.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #94
Farm Girl
Disney Sisters

What Fun!

It's great to see you and John back on the Boards. I am really looking forward to reading your report. The concept is fantastic and I love your style.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #95
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

You look so cute in all these car pictures! Sorry you had to get so stressed out, but at least you knew that soon all your troubles would melt away at Disney!

I'm cracking up at "Atmosphere: I ate them in my car..."

OMG what happened to you with Monster happened to me with Redline. They tell you not to drink the whole bottle but of course I did. Whew, never doing that again.

Ahh... offsite. Not my favorite place. But it did make sense to stay in a cheaper place. I can't wait til you get to the glorious Beach Club though!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #96
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to see all those signs on my drive! YAY! (Although I have a little bit further drive , wish I was closer. And I have these three kids in the backseat that demand I take them with me- ha!)

Cracking up at your zombie-style-post energy drink pic! haha!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #97
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Yay another TR!

Those car pictures are cute

Can't wait to read more!

Reberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #98
SummerInDisney
Earning My Ears

yes I live in Florida! Although I don't spend every minute of my life at Disney so it's kinda pointless Very cute car pictures. Energy drinks are very dangerous things, John was probably regretting giving you one can't wait for more! The songs are going perfectly with the updates.
SummerInDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #99
WDWlover89
Earning My Ears

Hi! So I'm still kinda new to the site and have been a lurker on a few other TRs but I want to be a part of this one. I feel lie I started early enough and it seems like a lot of fun. So first I want to say that I LOVE your pin bag! I love pin collecting and started actually trading on my last trip and I love it. I also am a sucker for diet soda. I drink waaaay too much of it. O well...it hasn't killed me yet. I also love the song titles and your food ratings. Your McDonalds rating was spot on. Definitely a Django meal. Lol. I've ne'er had Rockstar but I've had 5 hour energy before when I was driving down to Fl once (sadly not to Disney) but I swear I drove from Atlanta to Port St. Lucie. I was ready to go! I'm definitely looking forward to reading more and after looking at the titles of your previous TRs I think I will go back and read those too. They sound very entertaining.
WDWlover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #100
amandaw
DIS Veteran

BOO for traffic! Glad you were able to switch back over to the passenger seat!

And I'm already loving the rating system for meals - even if it was just McD's.

Hope the hotel for the night was ok!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #101
athenaemerson
Earning My Ears

Nice post! You have explained it so nicely..Can't wait to hear more about your trips..
athenaemerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #102
JLCJMC
Mouseketeer

So, tastes like lemonade, no sugar and 10 calories huh? That part sounds okay... Feels like a humming bird trying to fly out of your chest? hmmmm.... not so much! :-)

Thank-you for including the rating for Mickey D's --- I have to agree with your overall assessment. Speaking of which, I am thinking that your rating system could be converted into a project rubric with a little tweaking... Choose Disney characters, five or six areas to be assessed ... (Can you tell that I have been writing papers on assessment strategies lately....)

Sadly I am also compelled to add that I had a typo in my last post. I do in fact know that while the words new and knew are homophones they are spelled differently... I really told myself to just let it go and then ignored my own advice.

Looking forward to hearing about that first Disney meal and soooo hoping the off site hotel is okay. I stayed on I-Drive once for a conference and it was definitely NOT DISNEY! (I did however make my whole team drive to Disney for dinner every night -- that was delightful!)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #103
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Great update! I have yet to try those energy drinks as well. I'm beginning night shifts at my work in the next couple of weeks and have been debating them. My only concern is that I've been told you get soo tired after that peak of energy

I recognize that Waffle House and that building! My parents own a timeshare in that area. It does look really sketchy, but usually the resorts in the area aren't too bad. Can't wait to read about your first evening in Disney!
Thank you! I was really hesitant about the energy drink thing, and while I enjoyed the taste, I don't think it's something I'll drink very often. They make me feel too jittery. Plus, I've heard that too about the tired thing. I think something with B12 is better than something with just a ton of caffeine, because that tends to last longer.

You're right, the resorts around there are all really nice! I feel sorry for that area because it's not Disney. It's like no matter how hard it tries, I'm still going to judge it for not being Disney. I should be a little more understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OH MY GOSH. They do say that twins have a telepathy thing going on but this is just freaky... why you ask? I am currently listening to that very song by that very band. Imagine my surprise when that is your song of the update!!!! Hahahahah oh lord. This is insane.

Hahahah, I'm sorry about your stressful driving situation, but I had to laugh at the picture. It's like, "All is well with Joni now." HAHAH. I can't stand traffic either UGH.

OH my gosh that picture. You're like okay cool, I'm just gonna bite your face off. John's like OH LORD what have I done?

YAY! Thanks for updating!!!
AHHH that's insane Marissa! Okay so I have a new approach to this whole twin thing...I think we should start being like those twins on The Bachelor Pad. And by that I mean we should dress exactly the same, never open our eyes completely, and act like we have the IQ of a cave dweller. Sound good? Let's do this!

UGHH that driving was just too much for me. Once I was safely settled back in the passenger seat I was good to go!

I lost my mind for just a little bit after having that energy drink. I think it may have been mind over matter though, like when Beavis and Butthead thought they got drunk off of non-alcoholic beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Joni you CRACK me up! I love the effects of energy drinks on us Frumps.

LOL that Waffle House/gift shop does look pretty sketchy! Stay away!

I love Disney billboards.
HAHA they should put a warning on the back of the can: "Not intended for Frump consumption."

The creepiest part about the whole thing was this giant like hand painted signed that said "GREAT GIFTS" in these serial killer letters. It looked like the perfect place to get robbed.

ME TOO! They're so much cooler than those lame Universal billboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Hahaha that's okay! I notice that I do that a lot too! I love how it's known as the fart shoes TR. That's fantastic.

Me too! I agree! And it's so much better for ya!

They're so precious. I agree with ya there. I'm okay with cats. I'll take care of them and all but I'm not a huge fan. I LOVE dogs though.
That's my easiest identifier for that TR because I love the whole fart shoes thing so much, and I love how you guys can apply it to so many different aspects of life! Brilliant!

It really is! I have been getting into organic food lately. Some of it is pretty pricey, but I just feel better when I eat it! I love going to Whole Foods and seeing all the organic stuff they have!

Maybe my distaste for cats stems from the horrible allergy I have. Cat hair makes me sneeze like a maniac. Plus I always feel like cats really couldn't care less if we existed or not, whereas dogs act like the world revolves around us. I guess I need that kind of constant attention and reassurance, and a cat just can't give it to me. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Girl View Post
It's great to see you and John back on the Boards. I am really looking forward to reading your report. The concept is fantastic and I love your style.
Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I hope you enjoy this report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
You look so cute in all these car pictures! Sorry you had to get so stressed out, but at least you knew that soon all your troubles would melt away at Disney!

I'm cracking up at "Atmosphere: I ate them in my car..."

OMG what happened to you with Monster happened to me with Redline. They tell you not to drink the whole bottle but of course I did. Whew, never doing that again.

Ahh... offsite. Not my favorite place. But it did make sense to stay in a cheaper place. I can't wait til you get to the glorious Beach Club though!
Thank you so much! I was such a spaz that day, so I pretty much just took the same picture about fifty times. And YES, exactly. Even though the traffic was terrible, I was SO EXCITED to be just a few hours from Disney!

Yeah there wasn't much to say about the atmosphere on that one.

SERIOUSLY. I didn't realize the bottle was actually two servings until I had drank the entire thing. That was awful!

Yeah, we weren't thrilled about offsite, but we were okay with it for one night, especially since we were still going to Disney that night! Whoopee!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #104
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
I can't wait to see all those signs on my drive! YAY! (Although I have a little bit further drive , wish I was closer. And I have these three kids in the backseat that demand I take them with me- ha!)

Cracking up at your zombie-style-post energy drink pic! haha!
Seeing those signs is such a great feeling, because you're FINALLY almost there!

Darn those kids! I must admit, it's a lot easier with just the two of us, unless of course I've had an energy drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Yay another TR!

Those car pictures are cute

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining in!

Thank you! I was being a little crazy in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerInDisney View Post
yes I live in Florida! Although I don't spend every minute of my life at Disney so it's kinda pointless Very cute car pictures. Energy drinks are very dangerous things, John was probably regretting giving you one can't wait for more! The songs are going perfectly with the updates.
That's so exciting that you live so close, even if you don't go very often. I think if I lived in FL I would be at Disney every weekend, although it's probably harder than it sounds if you actually live there.

HAHA yes, John was definitely rethinking that decision. I don't think I'll be having another energy drink anytime soon!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWlover89 View Post
Hi! So I'm still kinda new to the site and have been a lurker on a few other TRs but I want to be a part of this one. I feel lie I started early enough and it seems like a lot of fun. So first I want to say that I LOVE your pin bag! I love pin collecting and started actually trading on my last trip and I love it. I also am a sucker for diet soda. I drink waaaay too much of it. O well...it hasn't killed me yet. I also love the song titles and your food ratings. Your McDonalds rating was spot on. Definitely a Django meal. Lol. I've ne'er had Rockstar but I've had 5 hour energy before when I was driving down to Fl once (sadly not to Disney) but I swear I drove from Atlanta to Port St. Lucie. I was ready to go! I'm definitely looking forward to reading more and after looking at the titles of your previous TRs I think I will go back and read those too. They sound very entertaining.
Hi there! to the DISboards and to my TR! Thank you so much for joining in and commenting!

Isn't pin trading the best? I am completely obsessed! I got that pin bag a few years back as a birthday gift, and it was such a great gift for me! I use it all the time!

That's exactly how I feel about diet soda! I feel like I don't smoke, I don't drink, so if the worst thing I'm putting in my body is diet soda, I'm doing pretty good!

I'm glad you liked the rating system! Haha yeah poor McD's will probably always end up with a Django rating, unfortunately.

John loves those 5 hour energy things too! He drinks them all the time. He says they're actually way more effective than regular energy drinks because they're loaded up with B12, not caffeine. Apparently those last longer!

I hope you enjoy my other TRs too! Thanks so much for reading all my stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
BOO for traffic! Glad you were able to switch back over to the passenger seat!

And I'm already loving the rating system for meals - even if it was just McD's.

Hope the hotel for the night was ok!
UGH for real, that traffic was a nightmare. I was so happy to hand the driving priviledges back to John!

Haha thank you! I thought we'd try it out, even though I can't even really consider that a meal!

It was okay! It had some funny/weird parts, but overall we were fine with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaemerson View Post
Nice post! You have explained it so nicely..Can't wait to hear more about your trips..
Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCJMC View Post
So, tastes like lemonade, no sugar and 10 calories huh? That part sounds okay... Feels like a humming bird trying to fly out of your chest? hmmmm.... not so much! :-)

Thank-you for including the rating for Mickey D's --- I have to agree with your overall assessment. Speaking of which, I am thinking that your rating system could be converted into a project rubric with a little tweaking... Choose Disney characters, five or six areas to be assessed ... (Can you tell that I have been writing papers on assessment strategies lately....)

Sadly I am also compelled to add that I had a typo in my last post. I do in fact know that while the words new and knew are homophones they are spelled differently... I really told myself to just let it go and then ignored my own advice.

Looking forward to hearing about that first Disney meal and soooo hoping the off site hotel is okay. I stayed on I-Drive once for a conference and it was definitely NOT DISNEY! (I did however make my whole team drive to Disney for dinner every night -- that was delightful!)
Haha that's pretty much how I feel about it too! I don't really enjoy feeling like my heart is about to explode out of my chest. I think that was my first and last energy drink!

AHHH that is a brilliant idea! My students know how obsessed I am with Disney...that would be amazing! Thank you for suggesting this...I'm totally going to make it happen!

Haha no worries! I am terrible with typos, even though I am an English teacher. When I'm not at work I let myself relax a little too much, and I don't really pay attention. I'm sure there are typos in pretty much everything I post!

Driving to Disney for dinner every night sounds like a good plan! Yeah, definitely NOT Disney, but it was okay for one night! I knew I had ten nights in Disney ahead of me, so I was pretty satisfied!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #105
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
AHHH that's insane Marissa! Okay so I have a new approach to this whole twin thing...I think we should start being like those twins on The Bachelor Pad. And by that I mean we should dress exactly the same, never open our eyes completely, and act like we have the IQ of a cave dweller. Sound good? Let's do this!
HAHAHAHA. I'm in. I don't know how convincing we'd be, though. Even if we tried REALLY hard, we'd never be as obnoxious as them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: