Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #511
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

NO WAY!!!!
For whatever reason,I have been an avid DISer since 2004 but have NEVER been "into" reading Trip Reports-EVER.

A few weeks ago,I was reading a Thread on the TPAS Board about a DISer requesting Christmas @ WDW tips.

In one post was a link to a Trip Report that the poster said contained some amazing Christmas tips.

I wanted to see the tips(never expecting to read the TR)so I clicked the link and the rest is history!

The link was for Disneyfreak508's Christmas TR!!!!

I could not BELIEVE the quality and "energy" that 508 had put into that report and before I knew it,I was "magically" hooked on all of 508's TRs!!!!

I entered a magical world of Bathrobe Princesses,Frumps,Deer Faces,etc. and realized there are people who LOVE the Walt Disney World Resort every bit as much as I do!!!!AMAZING!!!!

From 508's reports,I discovered 616's reports and they are every bit as amazing as 508's!!!!

So,after reading the TRs of 508 and 616 for several weeks,for some reason,I decided today to read a random TR to see if all TRs were as magical as the D-Freaks',thinking there was no way any other TRs could be that good!

I went to the TRs Board and started "scanning" the titles.I looked at A LOT of titles!

When I saw yours,I IMMEDIATELY thought it was an interesting title and clicked it.

And then it happened!!!!

I saw your picture and said NO WAY!!!!THAT IS THE DISer that 508 RODE SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH-NO WAY!!!!

Now what are the odds that your report would be the one I would choose?!

It had to be DISNEY MAGIC!!!!

I have now recovered from the "shock" and have to tell you that your TR is in the same league as 508 and 616-and THAT IS THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT I CAN GIVE YOU!!!!

It is AMAZING!!!!I agree wholeheartedly with 508-your food rating system is so creative and brilliant!!!!

I love the song "tie-ins" also!I do love Aly and AJ's version of "Magic",but am still partial to Sebastian's original(I guess I am just a purist!)

Side note:I saw ALY AND AJ in concert AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!!!

They played the House of Blues at DTD.I took the Sassagoula Water Taxi down the Sassagoula River from POR and then took the boat from the Marketplace to the West Side and the HoB!Talk about a MAGICAL way to arrive at a concert!!!!

How about those SATGs(South American Tour Groups)!!!!

I LIVED with the SATGs in Little Brazil(aka Disney's All-Star Sports Resort) for a WEEK in July!

OH,THE STORIES I COULD TELL!

You haven't LIVED until,after closing down the Magic Kingdom at 1:00 AM,you are awakened by a 15 year old voice,prank-calling you in Portuguese at 2:37 AM!!!!

I look forward to reading the rest of your amazing TR and am still amazed I clicked YOUR TR!

Please tell your Husband I deeply thank him for his Service!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #512
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Ahhhhhhh, thank you for the Magic, the Memories and You pics...I absolutely LOVED that show when we were there- my son's pic made the castle!!! We were super excited.

I want to be watching Wishes right now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #513
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

JONI! I'm finally all caught up. Your trip reports always make me laugh and this one is no different. I'm still laughing at (and also fearing) the thought of tour group chant practice. Poor John blending in.

Can't wait for more!!
MarieTheCat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #514
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I'm obsessed with the Alice tea set too, but I'm way too concerned with getting it home safely! I guess I'll have to move to Disney then. That'll be easier. :D

New Fantasyland ended up being beyond my wildest dreams. I really can't stress enough how wowed I was. I can't wait for you to see it!!! Also, I went to AoA and oh MAN you are going to love staying there. I was just in awe of everything.

haha I LOVE the girls trying to get a pic with Eric. That is totally something my friends and I would do.

GAH I loveloveloveLOVE the Haunted Mansion CMs that are in character like that. Same with ToT. So much fun!

My friend and I say "WHAT IS THIS MAGIC" alllll the time hahahaha

It's funny you mention Aly & Aj, I was just listening to their Christmas song "Greatest Time of Year", which I LOVE. It gets me into the Christmas spirit just as much as the classics can!

AHH I love M, M, & Y so much! It was really disappointing that it wasn't happening during my most recent trip. I teared up when you wrote about how you felt upon seeing Rapunzel's lanterns! I know the feeling. That was AMAZING. I know they have designed a new castle show but they should seriously still run the old one while they prepare for the new. And M, M, & Y hasn't even been going on that long, so I don't know why they are changing it soon soon! Sheesh.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #515
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I am slowly but surely catching up on everyones TR's! It sounds like you had a fabulous first day! Very productive, that's for sure. I had a similar experience with my first Dole whip, it was the end of the night and turned into a sticky mess that I had to just give up on, but the next one was way better! Scary story about the guys legs! I missed out on MM&Y, they had already stopped doing it before our trip and hadn't started the holiday one yet Looking forward to more!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #516
MaggieBailey
Mouseketeer

I'm way behind on my DIS reading, and just read the post with those fabulous looking Oreo Bon Bons, yum!! And, ya'll made me grin cause John is wearing a Fort Bragg shirt :D! Then, you started talking about the bon bons... Ohhh yummy!!
MaggieBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #517
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post

Great Update!!!! I love the pictures on the castle... It's such a fabulous show!!!

I wondered if you clicked on my link in my sig and read my spring break trip report... We had fun, it's was my neice, my daughter and I... Lots of funny and crazy things happened to us on that trip.

I've never told you but my husband lives about 4 hours and 30 minutes from me and I rarely see him. (This would be another reason I'm so excited for my Birthday Cruise) He works 30 days on and about 5 days off... and if I drive down to see him, it would be for a brief 3 or 4 hours cuz he usually needs to sleep. They work about 15 hour days. But unlike your wonderful husband, mine is not out protecting the lives of us Americans... He works in the Oil Industry and that business out here in Texas is hopping... Which I am very greatful for. I also have 3 babies... ok they are not babies... They are DS25, DS22, and DD18... 2 of them are off to college the DS22 and DD18 here in our hometown... Close to Mama and the DS25 is a golf pro at a Country Club about 3 hours away.

So like you I miss my sweet hubby all the time and look forward to him coming home. He loves Disney more then me.

I love the song title... DD was home when I read your trip report. Laundry day.. So I played the song for her and she remembered it. She loved Aly and AJ....

Have a super week. Glad your safe, except for the wind.
Carolyn
TexasBelle

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments, Carolyn. I look forward to hearing from you everytime you post on my TR!

I have read about half of your TR, and I LOVE it! I need to go finish it! I have fallen so far behind on everyone's TRs.

I'm so sorry you're away from your husband so much too. It's hard, no matter what their profession is. I'm so glad you get to take this cruise so you can spend some real quality time together! That's wonderful for you!

Thank you for telling me about your family. It's so cool reading about my DIS friends' lives! That is awesome that your DS is a pro golfer!

YAY for having a Disney-loving hubby! Aren't they the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Ah, the Disney bubble... Is there anywhere better to be? I think not! What a great first day! I really wish I had seen the summer version of MM&Y... Sandcastles, Ariel, rapunzel's lanterns! I may be biased, but Disney is perfect!

And ew, bloody dude! I wonder what that was all about...

Haha, at John matching the red shirted tour groups!

Mm, dole whip! I hope you were able to get another one before the end of your trip!
The summer version of MM&Y is seriously AMAZING! That show in general was amazing. I'm so sad it's gone!

Haha I know, I was so freaked out. I hope he was okay!

That was hilarious! He was so mad at me for giving him a hard time!

I was so sad that my dole whip experience was less than satisfactory. I usually love them so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I have gotten WAY too behind on this trip report. WHY DOES SCHOOL HAVE TO BE REAL?!

Ahh I want to go back to Cape May for dinner on my New Year's trip. Since we are staying at the Yacht Club.. we might as well. I have a breakfast booked already so I might as well just add a dinner!

Hey if you bring cash in March... maybe we can work out a deal for that Alice in Wonderland tea set when I have my cast member discount. It'll probably be 20% off.
Don't worry, I am far behind on EVERYONE'S TRs. I feel terrible, but work is consuming my life and I have no time for anything else.

AHHH I'm so glad you're staying at the Ya-CH-t club! That will always and forever be the bathrobe princess resort!

YESSSS. You are the best! I would LOVE that! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEncode View Post
OH I totally would have messed with my husband like you did with the red shirts! That is what makes relationships fun right???

I am always so curious about emergencies...Now, dont get me wrong, I will not stand around and gawk, but I do have hubby (he is a paramedic) look up the calls, or go talk to the officers/paramedics/firemen to see what the deal is. LOL, I am sooo curious about this guy and I was not even there

Im sorry you did not like your Dole Whip...those are awesome and just sad you didnt get to enjoy your first one of the trip. I hope you get one later on and get to actually enjoy it!

Keep it up, I love reading your reviews
Haha EXACTLY! It was so fun picking on him!

I am the same way! I'm such a rubber necker. Maybe it's just the southerner in me!

That's okay, I had tons of other delicious food to make up for it, thank goodness! They are usually so good, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
YES! I am not the only person who got all teary at the lanterns part! Okay, and at the Walt part. And Ariel.
Hmmm.

Kinda freaked out by the medical emergency. I think I live in a Disney bubble and pretend that things like that don't happen at WDW. Hope he was okay and that you could get that out of your mind as fast as they got it out of the lobby!
Girl, please. I was a mess the whole show!

I know, I'm the same way! It was definitely disturbing. I hope that guy was okay!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #518
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
What a great first day! And 9 more days to go!

I hope that guy was alright! It must stink to have something like that happen on vacation.
It was wonderful! Plus is was amazing having so much time ahead of us!

I know, I hope so too! I still can't figure out what could have happened to him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I love Aly & AJ too! Childhood y'all.

I have that same battle with myself!! Every. Stinking. Time.

I love everything about the summer MM&Y. I am seriously so blessed to have been able to see it so many times. When the lanterns part started, I think I almost died from sheer disbelief and joy. It was all rather wonderful.

I had a similar annoying dole whip experience in August. They just melt so dang fast in that heat! I found that May is the best month to have a dole whip in Disney, because it's hot enough that you appreciate how refreshing it is, but not so hot that it becomes load in five seconds. And there you have it.

Bahahah I love the tour group story. I would have done the same thing.
Their music was so upbeat! Plus remember that DCOM they had where they were rich girls who had to go milk cows or whatever? CLASSIC.

I'm glad I'm not alone!

Seriously, the summer MM&Y show was the best EVER! I loved it so much!

Ugh, isn't that irritating?! I like your Dole whip theory. I need to make sure I have one in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
Great update! Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Your TR is helping me deal with my wait until my trip...3 weeks from this Friday we will be heading down that way. You will know our route very well since we live near Charlotte.

I started my first PTR so feel free to check it out...not nearly as creative as yours but it's been such a big help to get my thoughts in order.
Thank you so much! I'm guessing your trip either already happened or is happening right now...either way, I hope it is magical!

I'm sorry I missed your PTR before your trip, but I hope that you do a TR! I would love to read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Further proof that we are twins! I'd pick the Aly & AJ version over the original any day! (Oops, sorry Lovin' Spoonful.) Now you get to learn a fun fact about me... I saw Aly & AJ in concert! Bahaha, be jealous. But really, I love them.

I can't even imagine what's going to happen when we're watching Wishes, or Hallowishes, or basically any form of Disney entertainment on our trip. We will flood Main Street with our tears of joy.

I agree, the Rapunzel lanterns sent me over the edge after seeing Ariel, Hakuna Matata, Toy Story... Lord, that summer version could not have been more perfect! Top it all off with Walt Disney and it was all over.

Your poor Dole Whip! I hope you had Dole Whip redemption later on in the trip!

WHAT ON EARTH with this bloody guy? That is so scary! I hope it was nothing too serious! Dang.
I'm so jealous that you saw them in concert! Did they sing the potential breakup song? That is my JAM. I make an angry face while I sing it. Everytime.

AHHH I KNOW. Especially since Hallowishes and the Boo to You Parade are the two best Disney shows OF ALL TIME. We are going to be dead on the ground, right in the middle of Main Street.

YES! So much awesomeness in MM&Y summer edition!

I actually didn't have another Dole Whip the entire trip! But that's okay, because I had like eight thousand other delicious treats!

I know, it still freaks me out to think about it! It will remain a mystery forever! Unless he posts on the DIS. I'm going to look for a TR with a title like, "I had a great trip, until my leg fell off" or something of that nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Aww, that stinks that your camera died! But it had a long day of taking lots of Disney pictures, so I can totally understand why it would need a rest.

I wouldn't have even tried to eat a Dole Whip while walking through a crowd, so props to you for at least attempting it! Sad that it didn't end well though.

Okay, I am really curious as to what that guy did in the lobby of a hotel to make his leg a bloody mess! I mean, it's not like he was rock climbing or something. I hate blood and gore, but I like to hear how people manage to injure themselves in odd ways, haha.
Haha yeah, my poor camera wasn't used to seeing that kind of action!

That just goes to show you how much of a pig I am! Haha nothing will stop me from at least attempting to stuff my face at all times!

HAHA I know right?! It's not like the lobby of the Beach Club is filled with dangerous peaks and drop offs. Who knows!? Maybe he slipped and fell trying to run to Beaches n Cream so he could get a Kitchen Sink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Thank goodness for your iphone - those pictures were just too amazing to miss out on!!! I struggle with balancing the "must capture for the future" with "just enjoy the moment" too when it comes to taking pictures. I usually err on the side of caution though and take about a bajillion more pictures "for the future" than I really ever need to What a great, and highly productive Day 1! Cannot wait for more!!!
I was so glad my iPhone took decent pictures! I can't imagine missing capturing my first MM&Y show and Wishes of the trip! I always have that problem! I'm like you, though. I typically go with way more pictures than any human being needs. Thanks! It was a wonderful day!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #519
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love all the pictures from that night! Sorry your Dole Whip experience wasn't the best. And...UGH....bloody dude!! That's crazy!!
Thank you! That's okay, all my other food made up for it! Yeah, it was crazy! I still don't know what happened to him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Hiya Joni. I hope you didn't have too much storm damage from Sandy and all is okay. Great pics and fantastic TR. Can't wait for more!
Hi! Yay! It's so good to see your comment! I've missed all of your witty remarks! I didn't realize you went to Hawaii! That is so exciting! John and I are talking about going there next summer for our 5th anniversary! I need to get my butt over there and catch up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
NO WAY!!!
For whatever reason,I have been an avid DISer since 2004 but have NEVER been "into" reading Trip Reports-EVER.

A few weeks ago,I was reading a Thread on the TPAS Board about a DISer requesting Christmas @ WDW tips.

In one post was a link to a Trip Report that the poster said contained some amazing Christmas tips.

I wanted to see the tips(never expecting to read the TR)so I clicked the link and the rest is history!

The link was for Disneyfreak508's Christmas TR!!!!

I could not BELIEVE the quality and "energy" that 508 had put into that report and before I knew it,I was "magically" hooked on all of 508's TRs!!!!

I entered a magical world of Bathrobe Princesses,Frumps,Deer Faces,etc. and realized there are people who LOVE the Walt Disney World Resort every bit as much as I do!!!!AMAZING!!!!

From 508's reports,I discovered 616's reports and they are every bit as amazing as 508's!!!!

So,after reading the TRs of 508 and 616 for several weeks,for some reason,I decided today to read a random TR to see if all TRs were as magical as the D-Freaks',thinking there was no way any other TRs could be that good!

I went to the TRs Board and started "scanning" the titles.I looked at A LOT of titles!

When I saw yours,I IMMEDIATELY thought it was an interesting title and clicked it.

And then it happened!!!!

I saw your picture and said NO WAY!!!!THAT IS THE DISer that 508 RODE SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH-NO WAY!!!!

Now what are the odds that your report would be the one I would choose?!

It had to be DISNEY MAGIC!!!!

I have now recovered from the "shock" and have to tell you that your TR is in the same league as 508 and 616-and THAT IS THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT I CAN GIVE YOU!!!!

It is AMAZING!!!!I agree wholeheartedly with 508-your food rating system is so creative and brilliant!!!!

I love the song "tie-ins" also!I do love Aly and AJ's version of "Magic",but am still partial to Sebastian's original(I guess I am just a purist!

Side note:I saw ALY AND AJ in concert AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!!!

They played the House of Blues at DTD.I took the Sassagoula Water Taxi down the Sassagoula River from POR and then took the boat from the Marketplace to the West Side and the HoB!Talk about a MAGICAL way to arrive at a concert!!!!

How about those SATGs(South American Tour Groups)!!!!

I LIVED with the SATGs in Little Brazil(aka Disney's All-Star Sports Resort for a WEEK in July!

OH,THE STORIES I COULD TELL!

You haven't LIVED until,after closing down the Magic Kingdom at 1:00 AM,you are awakened by a 15 year old voice,prank-calling you in Portuguese at 2:37 AM!!!!

I look forward to reading the rest of your amazing TR and am still amazed I clicked YOUR TR!

Please tell your Husband I deeply thank him for his Service!
AHH I'm so excited for the Disney magic that has brought you to my TR. And seriously, you telling me my TRs are as good as Jess and Kristen's is the best compliment you could give me. Thank you so much!

That's so neat that you saw Aly and AJ! I love them!

Hahaha oh bless your soul. The only time I could escape the tour groups on our trip was in our hotel room, so I think if they would have prank called me I might have lost it.

I will tell him. Thank you so much for saying that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Ahhhhhhh, thank you for the Magic, the Memories and You pics...I absolutely LOVED that show when we were there- my son's pic made the castle!!! We were super excited.

I want to be watching Wishes right now!
I'm so glad you liked the pictures! That's so neat that your son was on the castle!

ME TOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
JONI! I'm finally all caught up. Your trip reports always make me laugh and this one is no different. I'm still laughing at (and also fearing) the thought of tour group chant practice. Poor John blending in.

Can't wait for more!!
Hi Kara! I am so far behind on everyone's TRs, including yours. I need to catch up though, because your reports always crack me up too!

Haha that's my favorite part about being married- picking on John! And I mean, when you accidently commit a faux pas like dressing like a tour group...unforgivable.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #520
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I'm obsessed with the Alice tea set too, but I'm way too concerned with getting it home safely! I guess I'll have to move to Disney then. That'll be easier. :D

New Fantasyland ended up being beyond my wildest dreams. I really can't stress enough how wowed I was. I can't wait for you to see it!!! Also, I went to AoA and oh MAN you are going to love staying there. I was just in awe of everything.

haha I LOVE the girls trying to get a pic with Eric. That is totally something my friends and I would do.

GAH I loveloveloveLOVE the Haunted Mansion CMs that are in character like that. Same with ToT. So much fun!

My friend and I say "WHAT IS THIS MAGIC" alllll the time hahahaha

It's funny you mention Aly & Aj, I was just listening to their Christmas song "Greatest Time of Year", which I LOVE. It gets me into the Christmas spirit just as much as the classics can!

AHH I love M, M, & Y so much! It was really disappointing that it wasn't happening during my most recent trip. I teared up when you wrote about how you felt upon seeing Rapunzel's lanterns! I know the feeling. That was AMAZING. I know they have designed a new castle show but they should seriously still run the old one while they prepare for the new. And M, M, & Y hasn't even been going on that long, so I don't know why they are changing it soon soon! Sheesh.
That is the PERFECT solution. Why worry about transporting fragile china when you can just transport yourself right to Disney World?

Ahhh that is SO EXCITING! I seriously cannot wait to read about all of your adventures on Stuck in Disney 2012. I am catching up on your TR right now!

I love that song too! IT'S HERE. LET US CELEBRATE IT!

I agree with you completely. I don't understand why they changed it so quickly! I feel like it was a really popular show. Hopefully the new castle show will be just a good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I am slowly but surely catching up on everyones TR's! It sounds like you had a fabulous first day! Very productive, that's for sure. I had a similar experience with my first Dole whip, it was the end of the night and turned into a sticky mess that I had to just give up on, but the next one was way better! Scary story about the guys legs! I missed out on MM&Y, they had already stopped doing it before our trip and hadn't started the holiday one yet Looking forward to more!
I am doing the same thing! It's so hard once you fall behind on TRs! We really did have a great first day!

I'm sorry you missed MM&Y! I hope the next castle show is just as good so you can enjoy it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieBailey View Post
I'm way behind on my DIS reading, and just read the post with those fabulous looking Oreo Bon Bons, yum!! And, ya'll made me grin cause John is wearing a Fort Bragg shirt :D! Then, you started talking about the bon bons... Ohhh yummy!!
I am so far behind too! Haha yep, he's reppin' his work place all the time! I love those bon bons! I still can't believe they're gone!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #521
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

"Hakuna Matata"- The Lion King

July 9, 2012

It means no worries
for the rest of your days
Its our problem free philosophy
Hakuna Matata&

After a glorious first night in our perfect Beach Club room, I woke up at 6:40 to shower and get ready for the day! I woke John up at about 7:20, and we were ready to leave by 7:40! I wasnt hungry at all, so I settled on a Vitamin Water for breakfast!

Dont worry, I wont make you suffer through a dining review over a lemonade. It was tart and refreshing. Nuff said.

Ready for the day!

Can you guess by my shirt where we were heading? If you guessed Disneys Hollywood Studios&youre wrong. We were going to Animal Kingdom, and we were going to get there in time for Extra Magic Hours!

We pulled into the parking lot right before 8:00 and parked in the Unicorn lot!

You know what I do when Im super excited about a park, right? I take a TRAM PICTURE.

See how empty the tram was? EMH, baby. All of the popular attractions, like parking lot trams, are nearly people-free!

We had to wait a few minutes for the park to open when we made it to the entrance, but it was already getting pretty crowded!

After just a few minutes we were inside! Helloooo Tree of Life! I missed you!

I remembered Lia telling me just a few weeks before my trip that part of the Tree of Life had fallen off, but I was relieved to see that it didnt look any different. It looks like they got that cleaned up pretty quickly!

We had every intention of taking full advantage of our EMH, so we headed straight to Asia for some Yeti time!

It was scurry.

YESSS! Johns favorite park is Animal Kingdom, and EE is one of his favorite rides, so we were both pumped!

I think the decorations in Asia are one of my favorite decorated places in all of Disney. Ive never been to Asia, but it just seems so authentic!

We basically walked right on to the ride, and John was so excited I could barely keep up with him!

I forced him to stop long enough so I could take a picture of the evil deer mask for my deer loving buddies, Jess and Kristen!

Hes mad because he got lipstick on his teeth. I can totally relate.

We only had to wait for one couple in front of us, and then we were on the ride!

Theres another one of those magical experiences I just cant get enough of- your first ride on a favorite! Theres nothing like the anticipation you feel as the CMs come around to check your seat belt and the ride gets ready to go!

As we were ascending Everest, I snapped a picture of the view!

It was an AMAZING ride, of course! I love how fast EE goes. After it was over I took a picture of myself to see how messed up my hair was, and John thought it was cute so he told me to keep it!

When we got off of EE we decided to go ahead and get Fast Passes so we could ride again in a little bit! If you remember from my previous TRs, John and I always ride EE about a million times each trip. We just cant stay away from it!

John wanted to stop to smoke a cigarette while we were in the area, so I took advantage of the opportunity to do some pin trading with a CM! She had a Mulan pin that I liked, so we traded and talked about how much we both love Mulan. I told her about meeting her in Epcot the day before and not having to wait at all. She acted genuinely excited for me, even though meeting a character at Disney World isnt exactly big news. I love friendly CMs!

As I walked back to John to show him my successful trade, I realized that my hair was just not going to cooperate for the day. It had been on one ride, and it was like, Sorry Joni, Im going to stick up all over and get in your face. DEAL WITH IT. I didnt have a mirror, so I settled for taking another picture so I could see what it looked like. My face looked so disgruntled, I just had to save it and share it with you guys.

At that point I decided to just go with it. Its DISNEY. Who cares if my hair looks like Ive been sticking my fingers in an electrical socket?

I met back up with John, and we headed off to Africa for our next stop: Kilimanjaro Safari! On the way I had to take a few more pictures of the gorgeous Tree of Life!

Its just so photogenic!

Up Next: Adventures on a revamped safari! Stay tuned!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #522
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE that Lion King shirt! I wanted it so bad when I went to the Disney Store in Pittsburg but they didn't have any size besides XL

Why do they have a unicorn parking area? How frumpy. Animal Kingdom has some very weird mythical creature confusion.

HAHAHA EVIL DEER.

BAHAHA I totally make that face when I take pictures sometimes. I can relate, girl.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #523
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Oh my goodness!! I LOVE that Lion King shirt! I wanted it so bad when I went to the Disney Store in Pittsburg but they didn't have any size besides XL

Why do they have a unicorn parking area? How frumpy. Animal Kingdom has some very weird mythical creature confusion.

HAHAHA EVIL DEER.

BAHAHA I totally make that face when I take pictures sometimes. I can relate, girl.
Thank you! John gave me that shirt for my birthday! I love it so much! UGH, I hate when I want something really badly but they don't have it in my size!

Hahaha I know, it really doesn't make any sense! I guess pretty soon they'll have to have a blue person from Avatar parking area? I still don't know how I feel about that...

That deer is so angry! I just don't get it!

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #524
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight"- The Tokens

July 9, 2012

In the jungle
The mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

It was still super early, so luckily there was virtually no wait for Kilimanjaro Safari!

I took that picture hoping it would give me some good luck on my safari. If you don’t know this about me, I’m notorious for taking terrible safari pictures. I’m also notorious for posting all 1,000,000 of them in my TR every time, so ENJOY!

Things started off a little bumpy (literally) with some awkward blurry deer shots.

But luckily they got progressively better!

Hungry hungry hippos!

Where are all of their marbles? They must be starving!

Alligators? Crocodiles? I can never remember.

We had a pretty good view of some giraffes, so I took full advantage of the opportunity. I was the paparazzi to their Lindsey Lohan.

This giraffe is like, “Oh, you want to take my picture? Well then let me just turn my head upside down for you.”

One of my co-workers who is the yearbook editor at my school gets REALLY mad when anyone sticks his/her tongue out in a picture. She would not be very happy with that giraffe.

Ain’t no party life a gi-raffe party, cause a giraffe party don’t stop!

Then we saw some wildebeest! I always have mixed emotions at this point. They’re cool looking, but I can’t help but wonder…which of you jerks went all Black Friday on Mufasa?

Check out the antlers on this guy.

Then we saw one of my favorites- ELEPHANTS!

They’re so cute.

Flamingoes!

I always think that if any of us DIS people ever made it onto Jeopardy and Alex Trebek said, “Flamingoes are pink because they eat this,“ we would all be able to say, “What are BRINE SHRIMP, Alex!” because we’ve been told this a billion times by our helpful safari guides.

Next we saw our most exciting part of the safari, and I took my favorite picture!

Look at him rub his wittle face! He’s so cute!

I was really proud of my lion pictures on this safari.

Overall I was highly satisfied with our safari experience, but it wasn’t over yet. The warthogs were out!

I had been really curious about what this new safari would be like, since it was the first time we had ridden since they had gotten rid of the whole poacher storyline. I noticed we weren’t doing nearly as much communicating with Simba One throughout the ride, although we did still get to listen to that soothing African music on the radio. I was dying to know, however, how they would explain cutting our “two week” safari so short, since there were no poachers to chase down or baby elephants to save! So, here’s how it went down: toward the end of the safari, our guide mentioned they were building a new viewing area for zebras, and he offered to take us to see the construction site.

After we drove around the construction our guide said that we had unfortunately gotten lost on our detour and he would have to cut our safari short, and that was pretty much the end of it! Overall it was a pretty anticlimactic ending, but I think it’s a nice temporary story while they finish the zebra viewing area. I’m just happy to have more animal viewing time on the safari, rather than having to look at animatronic elephants!

Up Next: More animal watching, and I finally get to see the Festival of the Lion King again! Stay tuned!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #525
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I love that Lion King shirt!! So cute!

Yay Animal Kingdom!! Asia is definitely my favorite because of the decorations! The whole park is so photogenic, but I think Asia is the coolest! PLUS, it has EE and that is my FAVORITE EVER!!! I love it so much!

Your hair is so funny! I can totally relate!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: