Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #91
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Yes, just go to their website...

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/
Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #92
nana50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMole View Post
There are tradeoffs with any property. Non-DL properties within walking distance all seem to share the sad and outdated look so really comes down to price, distance & amenities. With prices inching up, up, up, it's making HoJo less attractive but it still has a leg up on other walkable properties for their pool areas, ample free parking for all guests (multiple cars per room if necessary), indoor corridors, kids suites, game room, laundry facilities, rooms with firework views and one thing I took advantage of on our last trip which was watching fireworks from the hot tub. Hard to beat a warm soak after a long day while watching the fireworks. On the downside, it's a longer walk than some properties, they do not offer free breakfast, and as mentioned already the prices have been creeping up. Like all the walkable properties, the decor is a bit dated but the place is clean and well kept. If you're looking for fresh and new in a walkable property, you have to open the wallet and stay onsite.
That is true. I do open my wallet. I also wait until slow seasons so the prices are cheaper at the nicer hotels. Since we only stay one night or two it is a doable option.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #93
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMom!! View Post
The standard rooms being $90 a night confuse me - maybe it's the dates, but I got the Premium 2 Queens for $79 for Jan. 6th and 7th on this new deal.
This is very important to those who are throwing $200 rack rates around and comparing it to what they may have been quoted in the past at a DLH or what one may get with a limited AP discount. Everything needs to be put into perspective. Comparing the best deal you were ever offered to a rack rate very few people pay at HoJos is absurd. The rack rate is not fixed. It's seasonal. So like the example above, a premium room at $79 means a rack rate of $158. A deluxe or standard room should be cheaper if available on those dates. Summer, holiday, and school break periods will always see higher rack rates and for the most part were exempt from retro rates.

Also, just to keep things in perspective. PPH rack rate for those dates is $240/night.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #94
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana50 View Post
That is true. I do open my wallet. I also wait until slow seasons so the prices are cheaper at the nicer hotels. Since we only stay one night or two it is a doable option.
That makes sense. Our last trip was 10 nights. if I were only doing a night or two I would have popped for the $400+ this summer and taken advantage of the DLH benefits. Instead of three nights at DLH, we stayed 10 at HoJos.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #95
Ella5
Earning My Ears

When I got the email today, I called about my existing reservation and they changed it for me to the Super Family rate. I am getting the 2 doubles in Nov for 74.50 on Sat and 64.50 Sun-Thurs. So It must just depend on when you are going.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #96
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Yes, just go to their website...

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/

I did go to their website earlier and also their discussion board, but they don't actually list their regular rates anywhere that I can find.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #97
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I did go to their website earlier and also their discussion board, but they don't actually list their regular rates anywhere that I can find.
It's because the rates vary, (from high season to low season, etc.) so you have to enter specific dates on the website, and then view the regular non-discounted rates. Hope this helps!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #98
Ella5
Earning My Ears

Just a heads up--I just got an email confirming my reservation for Nov. and it said that I need to bring a copy of the Super Family rate email.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #99
mamaburrito
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella5 View Post
Just a heads up--I just got an email confirming my reservation for Nov. and it said that I need to bring a copy of the Super Family rate email.
I was told the same thing. I signed up to receive the e-mails but wasn't sent one. Could someone forward me a copy? Thanks!
mamaburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #100
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella5 View Post
This is the complete opposite of what I was told! Ugh! They really need to figure their *stuff* out!

I specifically asked, "do I need to show/bring anything when I check in?" To which I was told, "no, you're fine, you're all set".

Guess I'll be going back & printing out my email now. Thanks for the heads up, always good to be prepared!

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #101
auntiegem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMole View Post
This is very important to those who are throwing $200 rack rates around and comparing it to what they may have been quoted in the past at a DLH or what one may get with a limited AP discount. Everything needs to be put into perspective. Comparing the best deal you were ever offered to a rack rate very few people pay at HoJos is absurd. The rack rate is not fixed. It's seasonal. So like the example above, a premium room at $79 means a rack rate of $158. A deluxe or standard room should be cheaper if available on those dates. Summer, holiday, and school break periods will always see higher rack rates and for the most part were exempt from retro rates.

Also, just to keep things in perspective. PPH rack rate for those dates is $240/night.
Amen to everything you said. Plus I like your user name.
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2010
DLR (PPH) -- 9/2011
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2012
auntiegem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #102
DBMC
Mouseketeer

I called and got my rooms for $69.50 a night for a double standard. I saw that some people talked about double double room. What is that? Last time I was there we stayed in building 4. What rooms are those? I thought they were double standard. It had a micro, fridge, balcony, and a closet with a rollaway. (we didn't use it) I really liked our room, and want to make sure we are getting something similar this time. I didn't book the room last time though, so I am just not sure...

Oops, it didn't have a microwave I guess.

Last edited by DBMC; 07-27-2012 at 06:38 PM.
DBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #103
DBMC
Mouseketeer

OK, never mind, I just watched the videos on the site. I guess it was a double double. Perfect. We like to put an air mattress on the floor, and there is plenty of room in those rooms. Just wish I wasn't paying $127 for one night. Oh well, still a good deal with my 3 nights at $69.50...

DBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #104
Disney Dory
Mouseketeer

We too recieved an email about the super family rates. We called to see if we could change one of our days to the 50% off and they said yes, but what it amounted to is just $16.00 off what we were paying anyway because they raised the regular rates so high. So it wasn't 50% off what we had originally booked at, it was 50% off what the rates are now. Still, $16.00 is $16.00!

Disney Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #105
OctoberDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiecutie View Post
AWESOME!!!

However, I am concerned....why have some people rec'd emails w/the Super Family Rate and some haven't?? Is HoJo's picking & choosing who they email??

I would really like Hojo to address this question. I still haven't received a family rate email and I'd like to know why.

OctoberDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: