Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #76
auntiegem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiordia View Post
If I really wanted to be at Disneyland that day, yes I would pay it. But I don't really have to be and I still think I can get cheaper. I did book in December at $79. We go at least once a month and a hotel room is not usually necessary, but nice to get. I'd rather spend that money in the park and drive home. Sure it's a good rate but I've gotten nicer hotels on priceline for $30 cheaper and during peak times. $59 rates are long gone, I defintely "get it".
Oh I completely agree that you can get cheaper and possibly nicer! No argument from me.

Did you get $79.00 under the new rate scheme for a Standard Double or was it for one of the Queen room categoroes? If Standard Double, $85.00 is only $6.00 more than the December price. If it's for a Queen of some kind, that's a great price and also close to the old Retro Rate pricing.
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2010
DLR (PPH) -- 9/2011
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2012
auntiegem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #77
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiecutie View Post
Yes, we don't "do" doubles.

It's for a deluxe King in bldg 2. I recently found out that in the deluxe Kings you are allowed to have 3 people. In the standard Kings you are only allowed 2 people. The reason they gave me was that the deluxe are a little bit bigger.

But no matter the reason- this works perfectly for us! We usually have DS stay with Granparents in a double double. So now the Grandparents don't have to share a room- in fact, they cancelled alltogether and are staying with family in SoCal. So happy that now we get to stay together in one room, DH can get his King sized bed and we aren't paying an arm and a leg!
Nice, I'd say your price is in line with the old *yet recent* ent/retro rate for a K room, I wonder if the Ds are still $59...
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #78
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Hmmmm, looks like it will be cheaper for us now to book 2 Deluxe Queen rooms using the huge 50% discount rate on dates available, [rather than book the kids suite, since the kids suite is not eligible for the promos], and we don't have the luxury of being an annual pass holder being we live in Canada and only go for a week long stint at once, in a year. I would easily welcome the 30% discounted rate if I were an AP holder, those are super rates.

Does anyone know how many different sets of adjoining rooms they do have at Hojo's? I know they have some adjoining superior deluxe rooms available. I understand they can't guarantee it (in case a room is damaged, etc. or needs cleaning, etc. from another guest) but I know they do have some rooms that adjoin. We had 2 adjoining rooms before. Personally for us, without having smaller kids, the 2 adjoining Queen rooms worked very well, and we will gladly try to get those the next time we stay. The only downfall being, if we can not secure adjoining rooms, my husband and spouse may end up in one room, my daughter and I in another, which negates the idea of giving my son his own room, to have time to relax and unwind. He has asperger's (sensory issues/autism spectrum) and for us this is very important in a family holiday. Life is hard enough for an autism spectrum child, but when you travel, it's a lot to take in. So maybe the kids suite will still always be best for us since it is guaranteed he will have his own adjoining room to ours.

Does anyone know if the 15% DISboard rate discount is still being offered? If so, that is a better value than going for the AAA 10% discount.

Edited to add: What's the difference between a 2 Queen standard and 2 Queen deluxe? Do the Deluxe in building 2 have more space? We prefer building 1. Also - does anyone know if the double beds are pillow top in the standard rooms? Thanks!

Last edited by jory29; 07-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #79
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
Hmmmm, looks like it will be cheaper for us now to book 2 Deluxe Queen rooms using the huge 50% discount rate on dates available, [rather than book the kids suite, since the kids suite is not eligible for the promos], and we don't have the luxury of being an annual pass holder being we live in Canada and only go for a week long stint at once, in a year. I would easily welcome the 30% discounted rate if I were an AP holder, those are super rates.

Does anyone know how many different sets of adjoining rooms they do have at Hojo's? I know they have some adjoining superior deluxe rooms available. I understand they can't guarantee it (in case a room is damaged, etc. or needs cleaning, etc. from another guest) but I know they do have some rooms that adjoin. We had 2 adjoining rooms before. Personally for us, without having smaller kids, the 2 adjoining Queen rooms worked very well, and we will gladly try to get those the next time we stay. The only downfall being, if we can not secure adjoining rooms, my husband and spouse may end up in one room, my daughter and I in another, which negates the idea of giving my son his own room, to have time to relax and unwind. He has asperger's (sensory issues/autism spectrum) and for us this is very important in a family holiday. Life is hard enough for an autism spectrum child, but when you travel, it's a lot to take in. So maybe the kids suite will still always be best for us since it is guaranteed he will have his own adjoining room to ours.

Does anyone know if the 15% DISboard rate discount is still being offered? If so, that is a better value than going for the AAA 10% discount.

Edited to add: What's the difference between a 2 Queen standard and 2 Queen deluxe? Do the Deluxe in building 2 have more space? We prefer building 1. Also - does anyone know if the double beds are pillow top in the standard rooms? Thanks!

Jory- Some of the double queens in bldg 2 are in indeed larger. Both bldg 1& 2 double queens are 356 sq ft. There's an "alt" double queen option in bldg 2 that has 385 sq ft. By comparison, the kids suite has 538 sq feet.

The difference between a deluxe and standard is really just the addition of a microwave in the deluxe rooms. Since we've only ever stayed in King deluxe in bldg 2- I can't personally compare the two. But from what I've heard, HoJo's has started making pillow top & premium bedding standard in every room. I don't know if they've made the transition of upgraded bedding to the double double rooms yet.

The other difference between the 2 rooms types is that bldg 1, standard rooms face the freeway. Although I've heard the freeway noise isn't too bad now that they did some work on eliminating the noise.

Maybe it would be cheapest for your family to have 2 of the double doubles?? Those rooms are also 356 sq ft. I wonder if the price on double doubles is more in line with the former ET $59/night rate?? Since I booked a deluxe King at $74.50- I would imagine that the standard double doubles would be even cheaper.

They do also offer a queen suite room. It has 2 queen beds & a queen sized sofa sleeper. It's 700 sq ft and even has a kitchen! Although, I imagine the price to be the highest of all the rooms at the HoJo.

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #80
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Wow...I'm shocked at the standard rates now! I called and did get a respresentative who would give me the 50% off rate. We have always reserved two standard rooms, buildings 4-6, second floor, in the past. They were not available for our entire stay. Even those rooms were now $90 a night! We would have to get more expensive rooms if we didn't want to switch during our days. I passed.

I'm sorry, but those standard rooms are not worth $180 a night!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #81
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
I think we may need a sticky or thread that just lists these dates. Let's make our own updated version of HoJo's old ET/Retro Rates page on their board.
I created this thread when I got the e-mail with the dates in case someone wasn't looking at the othr Hojo thread. It may a good place to start posting dates when they come available. I can update the title...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2965845
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #82
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
Wow...I'm shocked at the standard rates now! I called and did get a respresentative who would give me the 50% off rate. We have always reserved two standard rooms, buildings 4-6, second floor, in the past. They were not available for our entire stay. Even those rooms were now $90 a night! We would have to get more expensive rooms if we didn't want to switch during our days. I passed.

Yes! This is exactly the issue- they've raised the standard rates just to "slash" them by 50%, which is still above the former ET/Retro Rates. But really...depending on when you are going $90 isn't bad. Although for the double doubles- eek! I am NOT a fan of those rooms!

I would suggest that you consider making the reservation with the Super Family Rates for when they are available. Then just watch to see if they add more last minute. At least this way you'll still be able to reserve a room. Just keep an eye on the 30 day cancellation mark. That way if more of your dates don't open up, you can always cancel.

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #83
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Jory- Some of the double queens in bldg 2 are in indeed larger. Both bldg 1& 2 double queens are 356 sq ft. There's an "alt" double queen option in bldg 2 that has 385 sq ft. By comparison, the kids suite has 538 sq feet.

The difference between a deluxe and standard is really just the addition of a microwave in the deluxe rooms. Since we've only ever stayed in King deluxe in bldg 2- I can't personally compare the two. But from what I've heard, HoJo's has started making pillow top & premium bedding standard in every room. I don't know if they've made the transition of upgraded bedding to the double double rooms yet.

The other difference between the 2 rooms types is that bldg 1, standard rooms face the freeway. Although I've heard the freeway noise isn't too bad now that they did some work on eliminating the noise.

Maybe it would be cheapest for your family to have 2 of the double doubles?? Those rooms are also 356 sq ft. I wonder if the price on double doubles is more in line with the former ET $59/night rate?? Since I booked a deluxe King at $74.50- I would imagine that the standard double doubles would be even cheaper.

They do also offer a queen suite room. It has 2 queen beds & a queen sized sofa sleeper. It's 700 sq ft and even has a kitchen! Although, I imagine the price to be the highest of all the rooms at the HoJo.
Thanks, Chrissie, for your very detailed reply. I wonder now if anyone can let us know how many different types of room types and in what buildings have the potential to be adjoining rooms.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #84
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

i remember 79 a night for prem room i cant imagine paying more then that now what 200 for prem room? god hojos is turning in to money hogs like the disney hotels you can almost stay at a disney hotel cheaper then hojos when they have the ap sale at pp. sorry but i think hojos is now off my lsit of goto hotels you shouldn't have changed your rates. On top of the changes you made a year or so ago. I had heard so many complain about the new cancel problems now the new rates (shame shame) ppl went to you because of the good deals now you are just as bad as others wanting to much money no breakfast.

You shouldn't have spent money on the new tvs and jsut kept the rates (59,69,79) and you would have stayed good with most ppl

i went and the tvs were fine, heck so was the bathroom so what if there is so dirt but still i just think you have made a mistake.
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #85
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
i remember 79 a night for prem room i cant imagine paying more then that now what 200 for prem room? god hojos is turning in to money hogs like the disney hotels you can almost stay at a disney hotel cheaper then hojos when they have the ap sale at pp. sorry but i think hojos is now off my lsit of goto hotels you shouldn't have changed your rates. On top of the changes you made a year or so ago. I had heard so many complain about the new cancel problems now the new rates (shame shame) ppl went to you because of the good deals now you are just as bad as others wanting to much money no breakfast.

You shouldn't have spent money on the new tvs and jsut kept the rates (59,69,79) and you would have stayed good with most ppl

i went and the tvs were fine, heck so was the bathroom so what if there is so dirt but still i just think you have made a mistake.
I am paying less than that at PPH and I get EMH and a vacation planner at my disposal. There is no way I'd pay $200 for offsite anywhere. But my guess is they never actually plan to charge the rack rate. It'll be there to make their "discounts" look good.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #86
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

i remember getting a rate for 170 for pp three years ago it wasnt that i got to use it but that the rate was cheap and i could have went there for less then the hojop normal room rate that i was trying to pint out
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #87
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar
i remember getting a rate for 170 for pp three years ago it wasnt that i got to use it but that the rate was cheap and i could have went there for less then the hojop normal room rate that i was trying to pint out
I agree with you 100% they are WAY over charging compared to what else is close.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #88
debdreamsofdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post

I frankly could not believe this either! I was really excited because we have a kind of spontaneous 1 day trip planned for this weekend and thought the timing couldn't be better when I got Hojo's email. I was thinking the rates would be closer to $59+ tax a night. $90 is really nothing to get excited about when I can find rooms available on Hotwire for $69, even less on Priceline most likely.

Last edited by debdreamsofdis; 07-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #89
ColoradoMom!!
DIS Veteran

The standard rooms being $90 a night confuse me - maybe it's the dates, but I got the Premium 2 Queens for $79 for Jan. 6th and 7th on this new deal.

Also, here is a link to their board where they say you must sign-up for the notification e-mails. If you've done this, and aren't getting the e-mails then I would call them!

http://www.boards.hojoanaheim.com/vi...m_medium=email

Disneyland October 21-24, 2008

Boston Vacation and Red Sox Game July 2009
Back to Cooperstown and New York City June 2010
Disneyland December 2011 and Jan 2013
ColoradoMom!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #90
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Does the HOJO list their current regular (non-discounted) room rates anywhere? I can't seem to find them.

And what were the regular rates before they went up? Curious to see how much they went up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: