Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #46
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post
i didn't say anihime plaza inn had breakfast that's one that didn't have breakfast. and ya i read about one bed bug registry but hay grand had 6 so ya im not gona worry to bad about it from one complaint. But we will be going to watch and report back. still 69 a night isn't bad and hojo's is gona lose ppl if they don't fix everything some there fan's are saying they need too.
Jade I dont think you are looking at the bed bug registry correctly...ALL the hotels are listed on there but just because they are listed doesnt mean they have reports from bed bugs...in fact, GC has none...you have to click on the name of the hotel to see the number of reports...

the GC has none...
http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/CA/A...nd-Californian

Quality has 3
http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/CA/A...Anaheim-Resort
Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #47
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
As far as the bathrooms go, they might be 'older', but they have always been very clean.

I feel like this new method of alerting Hojo's guests as to promotions and deals is going to be a positive change - I prefer being informed by email each time a promotion is on, so I feel this change is beneficial.
I'm hoping this change will be positive as well. We'll see as time goes on, but in the meantime I'm crossing fingers and remaining hopefull.

As for their cleanliness, I agree the rooms are always clean, and I love that they're so bright and cheerful!

But honestly I have had a few issues with their bathrooms. I don't mind the bathrooms being older per se, and I've not had a problem with basic bathroom cleanliness there. We've mainly experienced problems with the more detailed cleaning that takes place on a long-term rotation, and apparently I've been put in a few rooms over the years at the top of the detailing rotation schedule but hadn't been done yet - haha.

For example, like this room. This is a premium queen/queen disney view room (yes, this is my own picture). The black mold went all the way around the entire ceiling/walls of the bathroom, and I have to say it was worse in person than the picture shows. Is it a big deal and did it ruin our trip? No, of course not. I mean obviously a housekeeper can't clean around the ceiling perimeter of the bathroom between guests. They don't have time. Like I said, it's something that is done on a rotation. But it was still icky to see, if you know what I mean.

I have other pictures from different trips showing other issues we've had like bad calcium build up on shower heads and faucets, but you get the idea.

I've never taken a picture of the bathroom vents before. The vents almost look like they're built (embedded) into the bathroom wall, allowing no way to get inside of them to clean out the grime, but I'm not sure.

But don't get me wrong. We've always had very pleasant stays and experiences with the HOJO and hope to in the future. We have reservations there for this coming October and can't wait!

And I hope they put a hot tub in the quiet pool area soon. Just had to get that in there.

Last edited by disney-super-mom; 07-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.
disney-super-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #48
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I'm hoping this change will be positive as well. We'll see as time goes on, but in the meantime I'm crossing fingers and remaining hopefull.

As for their cleanliness, I agree the rooms are always clean, and I love that they're so bright and cheerful!

But honestly I have had a few issues with their bathrooms. I don't mind the bathrooms being older per se, and I've not had a problem with basic bathroom cleanliness there. We've mainly experienced problems with the more detailed cleaning that takes place on a long-term rotation, and apparently I've been put in a few rooms over the years at the top of the detailing rotation schedule but hadn't been done yet - haha.

For example, like this room. This is a deluxe queen/queen disney view room (yes, this is my own picture). The black mold went all the way around the entire ceiling/walls of the bathroom, and I have to say it was worse in person than the picture shows. Is it a big deal and did it ruin our trip? No, of course not. I mean obviously a housekeeper can't clean around the ceiling perimeter of the bathroom between guests. They don't have time. Like I said, it's something that is done on a rotation. But it was still icky to see, if you know what I mean.

I have other pictures from different trips showing other issues we've had like bad calcium build up on shower heads and faucets, but you get the idea.

I've never taken a picture of the bathroom vents before. The vents almost look like they're built (embedded) into the bathroom wall, allowing no way to get inside of them to clean out the grime, but I'm not sure.

But don't get me wrong. We've always had very pleasant stays and experiences with the HOJO and hope to in the future. We have reservations there for this coming October and can't wait!

And I hope they put a hot tub in the quiet pool area soon. Just had to get that in there.
Thank you for posting this picture! I think the black "rim" around the top of the shower is actually not nearly as bad as some of the bathrooms I've seen/stayed in. And I fully agree- most of these issues are most likely just due to age. The surfaces have always been clean. It's the deep cleans & routine maint. that is lacking. Sometimes you hit a wall- where no matter how much you clean, how many times you apply new caulking, replace the facet heads, etc- the only thing that will truly fix it, is a complete overhaul. Kwim?

Personally- I find the bathrooms in the deluxe rooms to be better then those in the pavillion rooms (is that what we are calling the double doubles??) But they are still gross. And the vents....why those are a horror all their own! It's best not to look that beast head on!

We have always had great stays here and our room has always been clean. There are some true dives out there & I'm happy to say that Hojo's is NOT one of them! I think we can all agree on that...but the reality is that it IS an old building and many areas still need work. I think even HoJo themselves would have to agree with that one!

The real issue here is that with HoJo changing their pricing structure & increasing rates while at the same time decreasing the discounts- they also need to do some improvement. I'm happy to hear from Jonathan about the changes they will be making to the pavillion rooms. New carpet, paint, artwork & yes- even those awful bathrooms...sounds good to me! But Jonathan- don't forget the other bathrooms too!

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #49
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

like a month ago there was a post about bed bugs and it showed a link and it showed grand had more then some would have thought. and every one was suprised with how much cash you shell out for it that it had so many
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #50
JadeDarkstar

http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/CA/A...ifornian-Hotel 7- 2 this year see told you so
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #51
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

All three Disneyland Hotels have had reports of bed bugs on the bed bug registry...GCH has the most.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #52
JadeDarkstar

i didnt mean to be like nanana i was right lol just ya i saw that same site last month and was shocked how bad gch was yes quality inn had two this year but hay i also read over 40 reviews from this year saying was a fine stay no bedbugs and good enough for cheap stay, also many hotels have bed bugs from what ive read.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #53
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Paying to avoid bed bugs is silly. ALL hotels have them. And of course all the disney hotels have reports, DLH is three times the size of HOJO. In theory it should have three times the reports. Those are massive hotels that attract people who are going to have stopped at other hotels along the way. There are going to be bed bugs.

What I get concerned about is the response to them. For example we were thinking about staying at Motel 6s on the drive down to save a bit of money; but I found many reviews of many different Motel 6s talked about bed bugs. And they weren't minor infestations, it was people waking up covered in them sort of thing, and the front desk not caring. More importantly they had a similar theme of trying to talk to head office about it and head office was indifferent. When I see a few reports that head office is indifferent that's where there is a problem. Needless to say we aren't going with Motel 6, but honestly I'm kinda happy...they are so bare bones even if we are only there 10 hours at most.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #54
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Just wanted to report that I just received a "Super Family Rate" e-mail from the HoJo offering a 50% discount with lots of dates - both last-minute and through January of next year. So everyone...time to calm down and start calling for those discounts!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #55
OctoberDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Just wanted to report that I just received a "Super Family Rate" e-mail from the HoJo offering a 50% discount with lots of dates - both last-minute and through January of next year. So everyone...time to calm down and start calling for those discounts!
Really? I didn't get one and I should be on the email list.

OctoberDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #56
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
I received it too. I was hoping to add a day (10/21) to our reservation, but it is not available...only 10/22-23 which I already have.
For anyone wondering...here are the dates for the 50% off rate:

July: 29, 31
Aug: 1-5, 18, 19, 24-30
Sep: 3-5, 17-19, 29
Oct: 3, 4, 19, 22, 23, 28-31
Nov: 1-8, 11-30
Dec: 10-24

Jan: 6-10, 15-17, 21-23, 28-31
May have to open a thread about this....
Old 07-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #57
ZanderMan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Me Too!!!
ZanderMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #58
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
I received it too. I was hoping to add a day (10/21) to our reservation, but it is not available...only 10/22-23 which I already have.
For anyone wondering...here are the dates for the 50% off rate:

July: 29, 31
Aug: 1-5, 18, 19, 24-30
Sep: 3-5, 17-19, 29
Oct: 3, 4, 19, 22, 23, 28-31
Nov: 1-8, 11-30
Dec: 10-24

Jan: 6-10, 15-17, 21-23, 28-31
May have to open a thread about this....
Me too! I got it almost 30 minutes ago.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #59
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly. Heck, even smack dab in the middle of summer. 7/29 - 8/5. Yes, it's last minute (two days away) but anyone with a room already booked should be able to get in on this and get the lower rate while it's available.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #60
nsiordia
Mouseketeer

I also received an email and called for a Date, August 18th, it was 84.50 for a standard room. Previously a standard room under retro rates was $59. It's gone up about $25. I definitely can get something cheaper on priceline. I did book 12.23-12/25 at $79. I will cancel if I find something cheaper. We really do love HOJO and are glad to hear that they are installing flat screens finally!! But I know I can get cheaper rooms on Priceline and have gotten really nice rooms for $45. The reason we booked HOJO was for the waterpark which is worth paying more if you have young kids. Our love it.

DL AP HOLDERS

Sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Wonder January 2012 - best cruise ever!
nsiordia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: