Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

i called anihime plaza inn and it was 59 a night, quality inn is 69 and has free breakfast. hum i know there is di if you call early enough you can get a nice sized suite for 99 or so but thats not 59 a night. the 59 a night one ive seen is anihime plazza inn.

I loved hojo the times we stayed there but with the new changes id more likely not go to them.
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #32
chrissiecutie
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

My 2cents-

Take out the affordable rates and you have something that I can find at just about any other hotel along the strip. The ET/Retro Rate was what got my family in your doors! It was what made me personally recommend your hotel to several of my friends & family. All of who stayed at your property simply because I recommended it & the rates were so good.

I wonder if this aspect was considered before making these big changes?? Word of mouth by your loyal Retro Rate fans is what gave your hotel the high rating on TripAdvisor. Without us- you would simply not have the occupancy that you do & that you have continued to enjoy throughout the years.

Yes, I think you will see a continued drop in your ratings. Especially as you work the kinks out of this confusing new program of yours. Check the board here, if you have ET card you get this, if AP you get this, but don't try & cancel before 30 days, look for emails, call in house, don't make changes, etc. Simplify HoJo's, Simplify. When you make too many rules & changes so quickly, folks will decide that you're just not worth all the hassle.

With that being said, I'm interested to see how this Super Family Rate pans out. As of right now, it feels like a strategic move to pacify the loyal Retro Rate folks. HoJo's can promise the moon & back, ie UP to 50% off- but I sure hope this isn't an empty promise. Once upon a time, ET rates were many, easy to find, easy to book & easy to save! If this "Super Family Rate" works in the same manner- then great! I don't care if it comes to me in the form of an email that I have to subscribe to or in the form of a ET card that I had to purchase off ebay. If the result is the same & I'm able to easily save a good chunk of money & have SOME flexibility in dates- then I'm a happy HoJo's customer.

And BTW- saying that the emails are for the benefit of your loyal customers...PUH LEEZE!! As another poster said...now I just have more spam that I have to weed through. And you best not be sharing my info!

So Jonathan- I like your hotel. I really do. Your staff is friendly, your rooms are clean, your pirate water park is a big hit for the smaller kids, the Keurigs in every room was simply genius & the beds are comfy.

But you need some work too- your bathrooms are digusting- in every bldg, your market is overpriced & way too crowded with junk, you do need a breakfast if you expect to maintain in your current market (free bfast vouchers for Mimi's is a great idea!) & you really need to get a handle on your up & down pricing.

I would also like to see your employees not be so stingy with the Keurig coffee pods. For us coffee drinkers, it takes 3 of those small little cups just to get my behind moving in the AM. Then 1 for the road. So by now I've blown through them all & poor DH is wondering where all the coffee went. Whenever I've asked for more from housekeeping or front desk- they act like I'm going to steal them all & sell em on the black market. Same goes for towels & blankets.

And to all the other loyal HoJo's fans. Let's hang in there and see what happens....HoJo's has been good to me for the last few years & IMO, they deserve some understanding & patience as they figure things out. I mean really...how lucky are we that we scored a bed bug free hotel for $59/night?? We all knew it couldn't last forever...but what HoJo's does now and how they choose to treat their most loyal of customers, remains to be seen...I say, we revisit this topic after the hype from Carsland blows over & the loss of the easily avail Retro Rates are no longer filling their rooms.

Son's 1st Disneyland Trip 8/14-8/23/2008
DH Got a Job Celebratory Trip 5/29-6/2/2010
Surprise Birthday Trip for DS 2/26-3/5/2011
Halloween Trip 10/1/2012-10/4/2012

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
chrissiecutie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #33
wvnative
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar
i called anihime plaza inn and it was 59 a night, quality inn is 69 and has free breakfast. hum i know there is di if you call early enough you can get a nice sized suite for 99 or so but thats not 59 a night. the 59 a night one ive seen is anihime plazza inn.

I loved hojo the times we stayed there but with the new changes id more likely not go to them.
first. Anaheim plaza doesn't offer free breakfast.
We have been regulars at Hojo for several years now. we also always buy an E book for our area so its never been an issue. We are currently AP holders but may not continue to do that every year. I love HOJO but there are others that will work just fine that cost me way less money. We've signed up too and will wait to see what happens. With limited dates we can travel, Hojo may not be our go to anymore.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiecutie View Post
My 2cents-

Take out the affordable rates and you have something that I can find at just about any other hotel along the strip. The ET/Retro Rate was what got my family in your doors! It was what made me personally recommend your hotel to several of my friends & family. All of who stayed at your property simply because I recommended it & the rates were so good.

I wonder if this aspect was considered before making these big changes?? Word of mouth by your loyal Retro Rate fans is what gave your hotel the high rating on TripAdvisor. Without us- you would simply not have the occupancy that you do & that you have continued to enjoy throughout the years.

Yes, I think you will see a continued drop in your ratings. Especially as you work the kinks out of this confusing new program of yours. Check the board here, if you have ET card you get this, if AP you get this, but don't try & cancel before 30 days, look for emails, call in house, don't make changes, etc. Simplify HoJo's, Simplify. When you make too many rules & changes so quickly, folks will decide that you're just not worth all the hassle.

With that being said, I'm interested to see how this Super Family Rate pans out. As of right now, it feels like a strategic move to pacify the loyal Retro Rate folks. HoJo's can promise the moon & back, ie UP to 50% off- but I sure hope this isn't an empty promise. Once upon a time, ET rates were many, easy to find, easy to book & easy to save! If this "Super Family Rate" works in the same manner- then great! I don't care if it comes to me in the form of an email that I have to subscribe to or in the form of a ET card that I had to purchase off ebay. If the result is the same & I'm able to easily save a good chunk of money & have SOME flexibility in dates- then I'm a happy HoJo's customer.

And BTW- saying that the emails are for the benefit of your loyal customers...PUH LEEZE!! As another poster said...now I just have more spam that I have to weed through. And you best not be sharing my info!

So Jonathan- I like your hotel. I really do. Your staff is friendly, your rooms are clean, your pirate water park is a big hit for the smaller kids, the Keurigs in every room was simply genius & the beds are comfy.

But you need some work too- your bathrooms are digusting- in every bldg, your market is overpriced & way too crowded with junk, you do need a breakfast if you expect to maintain in your current market (free bfast vouchers for Mimi's is a great idea!) & you really need to get a handle on your up & down pricing.

I would also like to see your employees not be so stingy with the Keurig coffee pods. For us coffee drinkers, it takes 3 of those small little cups just to get my behind moving in the AM. Then 1 for the road. So by now I've blown through them all & poor DH is wondering where all the coffee went. Whenever I've asked for more from housekeeping or front desk- they act like I'm going to steal them all & sell em on the black market. Same goes for towels & blankets.

And to all the other loyal HoJo's fans. Let's hang in there and see what happens....HoJo's has been good to me for the last few years & IMO, they deserve some understanding & patience as they figure things out. I mean really...how lucky are we that we scored a bed bug free hotel for $59/night?? We all knew it couldn't last forever...but what HoJo's does now and how they choose to treat their most loyal of customers, remains to be seen...I say, we revisit this topic after the hype from Carsland blows over & the loss of the easily avail Retro Rates are no longer filling their rooms.
Well Said, top to bottom!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!

I guess I'm the only one that's not on the 'free breakfast' bandwagon.

I enjoy staying at the HOJO. It's not the only hotel I choose in the area, but I've stayed there fairly often and I enjoy it. I like that it's walking distance and that Mimi's is across the street. (I wouldn't mind a discount for Mimi's, but it won't make or break whether I stay at HOJO or not). Sometimes I eat at Mimi's, sometimes I eat in the park, sometimes I eat in the room. HOJO's store has a good variety of breakfast food for a fast and inexpensive breakfast. I don't expect a hotel to feed me, and the times when I've stayed at places that have a free breakfast, they weren't anything I would especially look forward to.

What brings me back to HOJO's is the great rates (which hopefully will show up in their e-mail specials) the clean rooms, friendly employees and the free parking. I love the free parking.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #36
MommyLove
The sleep-deprivation is causing low mental bandwidth
Did someone say TURKEY LEG? yum!

Quote:
Let's hang in there and see what happens....HoJo's has been good to me for the last few years & IMO, they deserve some understanding & patience as they figure things out. I mean really...how lucky are we that we scored a bed bug free hotel for $59/night?? We all knew it couldn't last forever...but what HoJo's does now and how they choose to treat their most loyal of customers, remains to be seen...I say, we revisit this topic after the hype from Carsland blows over & the loss of the easily avail Retro Rates are no longer filling their rooms.
I'm in a bit of wait-and-see mode too. I'm really looking forward to Super Family Rate emails from them! I'm sure we'll be discussing it here on the DIS when special rate emails go out. So curious...

I'm also anxious for the special rate emails because I have a Kids Suite booked for part of our Dec/Jan trip (the suite wasn't available for the whole time, so I booked a suite at the Park Vue for the other nights). I booked it awhile back at a 20% off rate and I was hoping that the Entertainment rate would kick in at some point for those nights. If it doesn't... I'm not willing to pay the price I have on the reservation (which is $183.20 for four of the nights). I'm already looking at alternatives.
April '13 (BWPPI), May '13 (BWPPI), July '13 (Stanford I&S), Oct. '13 (BWPPI), Dec. 29, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014 (BWPPI), April '14 (HoJo Kids Suite)
MommyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar View Post

quality inn and suites has been on the bedbugs list registry for a bit and my friend stayed there in Jan and she was only getting it for one night and she said NEVER AGAIN...she showed me pics of it and theres no way i would stay there...

I went to plaza inn a few weeks ago to get something and all i could think of was "thank god i never stayed here"
Old 07-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #38
chrissiecutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
I guess I'm the only one that's not on the 'free breakfast' bandwagon.

I enjoy staying at the HOJO. It's not the only hotel I choose in the area, but I've stayed there fairly often and I enjoy it. I like that it's walking distance and that Mimi's is across the street. (I wouldn't mind a discount for Mimi's, but it won't make or break whether I stay at HOJO or not). Sometimes I eat at Mimi's, sometimes I eat in the park, sometimes I eat in the room. HOJO's store has a good variety of breakfast food for a fast and inexpensive breakfast. I don't expect a hotel to feed me, and the times when I've stayed at places that have a free breakfast, they weren't anything I would especially look forward to.

What brings me back to HOJO's is the great rates (which hopefully will show up in their e-mail specials) the clean rooms, friendly employees and the free parking. I love the free parking.
Here's my take on it...

If HoJo's is going to be raising their prices (which it appears they have been!) then they also need to increase their amenities. The reality is that they are but 1 hotel in a vast sea of many...and many offer FREE breakfast. Even at a $59/night rate.

Now...just because they would offer a free breakfast doesn't mean that everyone will take advantage of it. I for one like eating in the park, or muffins I've brought from home or even at Mimi's. Chances are if HoJo's offered a free breakfast, I would give it a try but wouldn't necessarily eat there every single day of my stay.

The reality is that for many guests & people doing comparision shopping for Disney hotels- a free breakfast will be a deal breaker. Why would an older couple with no kids choose to stay at a hotel that's a bit farther away & offers no breakfast, when they could stay literally across the street from Disney at the same price & enjoy a free breakfast. KWIM?

Personally- HoJo's is the only hotel on our SoCal trip that doesn't feed us in the AM. For my family, when road trippin- a free breakfast IS on my dealbreaker list. Simply because there are SO many hotels in SoCal, that if the hotel doesn't offer a free breakfast, free parking, free WiFi then there's one right around the corner that does. I think HoJo's will now find themselves in this exact same situation. You said it yourself- what keeps you coming back is the great price. So take the price OUT of the equation...and what do you have?? A nice hotel, lacking amenities in a sea of hotels with amenities.

HoJo's is currently alienating the people who have been so loyal to them. I'm speaking of the young-ish families with small kids who are looking for a clean, safe hotel at a great price. So if they are pushing us out the door- wouldn't it make sense that they would at least want to attempt to attract more guests of a wider demographic??

While I don't expect HoJo's to feed me at the ET/Retro Rates- I do at almost $200/night. Heck- at that price I'm expecting wine & a manager's reception.

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
1st trip in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2011
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #39
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
But you need some work too- your bathrooms are digusting- in every bldg
This.

I've stayed at the HOJO so many times through the years....basically if we're not staying onsite at one of the Disney hotels then we're at the HOJO. And we really like the HOJO. BUT....yes, their bathrooms are all kind of gross. The fans/vents are especially nasty in every room.

Although, we've also had rusty fixtures (rusty light fixtures and shower heads), cracked toilet tank lids, black mold growing in the crease where the bathroom walls joins with the ceiling, scum build-up on and around shower heads and faucets, ect.

Most of the bathroom issues we've shrugged off over the years. When it comes to the yucky vents/fans, we just don't look and avert our eyes completely because it's just.....ick!

But we like that their rooms are light and bright with large windows. We love their garden pool - really wish they had a hottub over there though - who wants to soak in a hottub and try to relax in the middle of a noisy kiddie water playground?

I remember them announcing the addition of a new hottub over by the garden pool a few years back, but it never happened.

We also think they have a beautiful property (pretty landscaping, well kept grounds, twinkle lights, ect).

I don't mind if they're changing the "way" they offer a decent discount. I'm just afraid that any decent discount will be offered even less than it was before, which was already few and far between.

The HOJO's regular rates are getting a bit steep though. It's kind of depressing to happen when the economy is still in such sad shape, but it is what it is.

I've never really shopped around for other hotels, but I'm not opposed to it. We always wanted to try the Candy Cane Inn and also the Shereton Anaheim. I think both of those hotels also have their own private shuttle, which is pretty cool.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #40
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

My family loves HOJO's and have stayed there many times over the years. It just seems that this year that they've made massive changes to the way they are operating. I personally think that the changes being made are confusing, and they are just making excuses for upping their prices on their hotel rooms. It's gotten to the point where I can no longer recommend them to my friends, who do come to me for info about DL all the time. They have raised their prices to a point where they no longer have an advantage over the other hotels in DL. Because of this our next trip we will be giving the CCI a try.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #41
chrissiecutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
This.

I've stayed at the HOJO so many times through the years....basically if we're not staying onsite at one of the Disney hotels then we're at the HOJO. And we really like the HOJO. BUT....yes, their bathrooms are all kind of gross. The fans/vents are especially nasty in every room.

Although, we've also had rusty fixtures (rusty light fixtures and shower heads), cracked toilet tank lids, black mold growing in the crease where the bathroom walls joins with the ceiling, scum build-up on and around shower heads and faucets, ect.

Most of the bathroom issues we've shrugged off over the years. When it comes to the yucky vents/fans, we just don't look and avert our eyes completely because it's just.....ick!

But we like that their rooms are light and bright with large windows. We love their garden pool - really wish they had a hottub over there though - who wants to soak in a hottub and try to relax in the middle of a noisy kiddie water playground?

I remember them announcing the addition of a new hottub over by the garden pool a few years back, but it never happened.

We also think they have a beautiful property (pretty landscaping, well kept grounds, twinkle lights, ect).

I don't mind if they're changing the "way" they offer a decent discount. I'm just afraid that any decent discount will be offered even less than it was before, which was already few and far between.

The HOJO's regular rates are getting a bit steep though. It's kind of depressing to happen when the economy is still in such sad shape, but it is what it is.

I've never really shopped around for other hotels, but I'm not opposed to it. We always wanted to try the Candy Cane Inn and also the Shereton Anaheim. I think both of those hotels also have their own private shuttle, which is pretty cool.
Ah yes...How can the bathrooms have appeared to miss the "remodel" year after year? I think perhaps HoJo's has averted their eyes too! But when folks are paying upwards of $150/night...the spotlight will be shining & it will be focused on those horrid bathrooms!

Frankly- if HoJo's doesn't make some more drastic changes in their property to go along with the drastic pricing changes, they will most likely be offering refunds to unhappy & unsatisfied customers. Which would entirely defeat the purpose of everything they are doing with the pricing changes, kwim?

Folks expect that at $59-79/night (the typical ET rates) that the hotel & rooms would not be perfect. I think it's safe to say, that we acknowledge we won't be getting a free breakfast & that their will be some rusty toilets or fridges that don't really stay very cold (which BTW- is an issue at HoJo's) or that I have to pry Keurig coffee pods from the smiling & reluctant front desk employees...but when paying the much higher prices that HoJo's has been offering as of late...frankly, I expect near perfection.

I don't remember hearing about the addition of a hot tub by the garden pool. But boy, that would make sense! Personally, I never use the hot tub. It's just not conducive to relaxing while being near all those happy, screaming kids- mine included! Plus it's too small.

And I agree with you...I don't mind that they have chosen to change the way they advertise their discounted rates. But don't feed me a line of BS & tell me it's so they can connect with loyal guests better Tell it like it is...your loyal guests already knew how to find out the info that they needed in regards to your hotel. This email list just puts the ball in HoJo's court, rather then in the guests.

And really...how is this going to work exactly? Most DISers are avid planners. I typically plan 4-6 months out. Is the HoJo going to be emailing 4-6 months out with their "super family" rates?? I doubt it...so most likely I will be looking elsewhere for deals. As DS would say- Epic Fail Hojo's, Epic Fail.

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
Old 07-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #42
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
I don't remember hearing about the addition of a hot tub by the garden pool. But boy, that would make sense! Personally, I never use the hot tub. It's just not conducive to relaxing while being near all those happy, screaming kids- mine included! Plus it's too small.
A new garden pool hot tub was announced on their discussion board a few years back - in 2008 or 2009 I think.. I even remember seeing a picture of what it was supposed to look like (with a waterfall feature). I'm not sure where the threads went, but I did find this thread still on their discussion board.

http://www.boards.hojoanaheim.com/vi...php?f=46&t=682

A new hot tub in the garden pool area is also mentioned in one of their videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrei...hannel&list=UL

Last edited by disney-super-mom; 07-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.
disney-super-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #43
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

i didn't say anihime plaza inn had breakfast that's one that didn't have breakfast. and ya i read about one bed bug registry but hay grand had 6 so ya im not gona worry to bad about it from one complaint. But we will be going to watch and report back. still 69 a night isn't bad and hojo's is gona lose ppl if they don't fix everything some there fan's are saying they need too.
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #44
chrissiecutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
A new garden pool hot tub was announced on their discussion board a few years back - in 2008 or 2009 I think.. I even remember seeing a picture of what it was supposed to look like (with a waterfall feature). I'm not sure where the threads went, but I did find this thread still on their discussion board.

http://www.boards.hojoanaheim.com/vi...php?f=46&t=682

A new hot tub in the garden pool area is also mentioned in one of their videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrei...hannel&list=UL
Looks like 2009 from those links you provided. It's too bad they never put this in, but perhaps this might be one of the amenities they will add now that they are charging more?

If you look back at the old pics on TripAdvisor, you can see what the Castaway Cove area looked like before it became the kids water park. It was here that they had the hot tub, so when they did the remodel, they just kept it. Which makes sense to me. But when they remodeled the garden pool, why not add a hot tub here too?? Especially with the amount of people they have staying at their hotel- 2 hot tubs is really a necessity. And one in a quieter area would really be the way to go!

25+ Year Disneyland Vet
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #45
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojogm View Post
Well, we knew there would be a lot of questions about the changes to our discount programs, so here are the facts…

Why change the discount programs?
We realize these discount programs were extremely popular with our Hojo and Disneyland fans. In fact, the discount codes were so popular that they ended up on all sorts of discount pages around the internet. We needed a way to connect directly with our loyal fans, and to reward them with special deals. Our subscription email lists allow us to connect with our fans and offer the right information to the right folks at the right time.

Why do we offer discounts?
Discounts are used for various reasons. Sometimes, we allow deep discounts early to build a small base of business for a day. Other times, it is to fill up the last remaining rooms for a day. Mostly, these deep discounts are viewed as a reward to those who are repeat customers, such as AP holders. Much like a loyalty program with retailers, our new “Super Family” discounts are targeted to Disney Fans who stay with us often. Using our email list allows us to communicate directly to those folks. Registered users can “opt-in” to receive only specific updates (AP holders, last-minute deals, etc), and we will not bombard users with unwanted updates. We are working with the Howard Johnson reservations system to hopefully offer the “Super Family” rate more often, but with a limited number of rooms, on a first-come-first-served basis. So, you can see the email notifications will be the quickest way to get your notifications.

Entertainment Discount
It seemed silly to us to require folks to buy an Entertainment Book (even on EBay) in order to get a discount. We recommend subscribing to our email program to get notified of other discounts. We will now offer the “Super Family” 50% off rate, along with length of stay discounts up to 30% which don’t require a “membership” or Disney AP.

What else is changing at Hojo’s?
We are re-investing in big ways, right now. We are installing 275 37” LED flatscreen televisions for our guest rooms, in addition to HD service with more family programming. We have completed renovations in about half of the 94 Pavilion building rooms (Standard Double rooms) so far. They are receiving new carpet, bright and fresh paint, Mary Blair Small World artwork, and updated lighting and bathrooms. They are actually some of our best looking rooms, now! We’ll post new photos on our blog page soon.

I believe that our product, including great service, premium beds, premium coffee, new larger HD televisions, Castaway Cove and pools, Main St. Market convenience store, new gameroom, Mimi’s Café, etc. is a great value and experience (even at our regular rates) compared to our neighboring hotels, and is a “Super” bargain when you can get it at all at 30%- 50% off!

Jonathan
GM
Your explanation to the DISboard members is thorough. Thanks! (It is nice when a manager of a hotel actively posts on the DISboards, as you consistently do, Jonathan.) I am happy to have signed up for the email promotions, and look forward to reading all of my emails from Hojo's.

The *cleanliness* and reliability at Hojo's is something we can personally vouch for - on 6 different week-long stays at your hotel over the past 6 years, it is what has sent us back over and over, (as well as the other great amenities.)

Sometimes on our visits we've received a 15% DISboard discount, other times, either a full or blended rate of the DISboard discount and the retro/entertainment rate.

For our peace of mind, knowing exactly what we will get at Hojo's, (this means no surprises, due to a consistent superior level of cleanliness and customer service) we will stay at Hojo's every time we are in the area. Flying in from Canada means we usually make reservations months in advance, and I think it's incredible that you offer and allow changes in rates if the rates do go down in price.

We also personally like the in-room safe (free) to store our passports and other electronic valuables. The building may be 'older', but history has it's charm, and it is very well kept. We personally love the inner hallways as well. As far as the bathrooms go, they might be 'older', but they have always been very clean.

The spaciousness of the kids suites in particular have been a blessing for us with a teen who needs his 'own space' after a long day in the Disney Parks. The renovations Hojo's made on the new sound proofed patio doors in the freeway facing rooms is amazing! The rooms are very quiet.

I have also always appreciated being able to place a Von's order online, and having the very friendly staff help us to cheerfully bring it up to our room. If we forgot something in our order, then off to the Hojo's Market we go, to find exactly what we need, whether it be blister bandaids, or a sympathetic smile from the friendly staff.

I feel like this new method of alerting Hojo's guests as to promotions and deals is going to be a positive change - I prefer being informed by email each time a promotion is on, so I feel this change is beneficial.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: