Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

Carsland plan on non EE day

I know you guys will know! Our first day at DR we are planning on going to DCA for CL. Non EE day at DCA. What's the best touring plan to ride Luigis, Mater and arSR and still get a fp?
Thanks!

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
plb626
Mouseketeer

Just came back from CL, get a fast pass ASAP. If one of you don't mind missing the ride go directly there at rope drop and the other get on line right at Cathay Resturant. We were at the front of the line our 1st day when there was EE and got FP at 1pm. The 2nd time there was no EE and we went to FP and got a 10:30 FP. A group right behind us got off the FP line and went straight to the ride, but after the morning hours the FPs were gone and it was a 2 hour wait all day. The ride was fun but worth standing in line for 2 hours. The nice thing is that they have vendors come through and sell water, popcorn and ice cream while you wait.
All Star Sports May 2009
All Star Movies April 2008
Off Site (inlaws house) 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2000
Off Site many more times between 1976 and 1995
plb626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
mrswh
DIS Veteran

We were just there on Saturday, a non-EE, non EMH day. And DCA opened at 9:00 which I think just made things worse. We arrived at the main gates around 8:30 and the lines were back to the DL turnstiles. They let people in starting at 8:35 but we didn't get in until close to 9. Apparently rope drop was at 8:45 so we missed that . . . the line for RSR was 120 minutes by 9:15. I think the only way to ride RSR first thing without a long wait and without EE of any kind is to be right at the front of rope drop. Which means you need to be lined up at the gates probably an hour in advance. Which means then you're waiting 90 minutes for RSR anyway . . . so I'm not sure it makes any sense. On that day, my DH got in the FP line a few minutes after 9:00 and had FPs by 9:25, with a return time of 1-2. (This was despite a CM telling him the FP line was an hour long.)

Luigi's seems to open a little later than the rest of the park - we hopped on around 9:30 with a 5 minute wait. The line builds quickly, though. (Up to 55 minutes within 30 minutes or so.) Mater's was around 20 minutes - for the 4 days we were there, it was usually around 10-20 minutes, unless RSR was down. When RSR was down it was up to 50 minutes for Mater's.

So without EE, my plan would be to get an RSR FP first thing, then ride Luigi's and then Mater's. And then ride RSR at the first opportunity you have with your FP, because there is no guarantee it will still be open later.

One other thing . . . RSR is down. A LOT. If you get an FP in the morning, you don't have to worry (too much) about investing a whole lot of time only to have the ride break down, or wondering whether to wait out a breakdown to hold your space in line. When you have FPs, you can just come back later if it's down.
mrswh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: