Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
NJDisneyFreak93
Crazy About Disney Since '93

What does DCL offer for the college age crowd?

My last trip with DCL was in 09' on the Magic when I was 16. I didn't spend time in the teen clubs because it didn't interest me maybe I felt I was to mature. I'm now 19 and hope to be sailing with DCL in the next year or two and just want to know what DCL offers for the college age crowd
NJDisneyFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDisneyFreak93 View Post
My last trip with DCL was in 09' on the Magic when I was 16. I didn't spend time in the teen clubs because it didn't interest me maybe I felt I was to mature. I'm now 19 and hope to be sailing with DCL in the next year or two and just want to know what DCL offers for the college age crowd
There is an 18-21 group. It used to be called the College Social Hour, but the name changed when they started requiring 18 year olds to be there, and some of them aren't in college yet.

They meet the first night of the cruise (on the Wonder it was in Diversions) at 10:00 (I think that's the same time as the other club open houses on the first night). It's real important, if you're interested in participating in this group that you attend the first night. That's when they find out how many people are in the groups and what they want for organized activities. The meet is facilitated by a DCL CM who will help set up whatever activities the group may be interested in doing.

If you don't show up until night 2 or 3, the group may not have had enough people to arrange things and nothing is organized.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college student, dcl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: