Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Sandite
If only I had been a Halloween Baby!

Now we have the evening of MK as told by the healthy people of the group R, K and L. I might have the order of rides off, but you can tell they did quite a bit.

I left them off at the carousel and from there they used some FPs to ride Peter Pan (I think we picked those up in the morning after IASW).

From there they hoped a ride on the carousel.

Then it was on to Winnie the Pooh

Then on to Mickey's Philharmagic or as L said MICKEY'S FEEL MY MAGIC!

That was all the rides they managed I think before they got their spot for the parade and Wishes. Lilli loved the parade and the fireworks! Here are a few of her in her front row stroller view.

I had given K some money and told her that L could pick out any souvenir she wanted sicne we hadn't really bought anything yet. L just couldn't decide on anything, but decided she would get some of those pick your own color M&Ms at the main street bakery.

She picked out her colors and then got in line to pay. She puts her bag and her money on the counter. The CM leans over and says "Mickey Mouse told me he wanted to buy these for you as a special treat" and handed her back her money and the M&M. There you have it, I missed the best magical moment of the trip.

Every TR I have ever read someone enounters one of these moments and they are alway so precious. I cannot believe it missed it, but at least she got to experience it and had a great night at MK with her beloved K and R.

They got back to the room and I will have to be honest, I heard them, but was still not feeling the best so I faked asleep so L wouldn't pester me all night long. It worked and before long we were all fast asleep. Tomorrow was AK for me and L and Epcot for R and K. Then for dinner we were all meeting at Epcot for a special Coral Reef dinner.

Would I make it? Would L have any more magic moments? Stay Tuned!!!

SURPRISE MOMMY AND DAUGHTER TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2963399
Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
Sandite

The next morning was Animal Kingdom just me and L! K and R were going to Epcot and plan was for us to meet up with them for dinner at Coral Reef.

I awoke feeling better, but so weak. Thankfully no nausea, but I wasn't sure if my feet could carry me very far. I had a talk before we left and told L there might be lots of breaks today and she was fine with that. We boarded the bus to AK and were off. Does it just seem this way to me or does it seem to take FOREVER to actually make it into AK. I guess that first oasis part that we always just skip through takes up a lot of space.

So our first stop was Dinosaur! L had wanted to ride it after we watched the video and it is one of my favorites. So we got there and wait was 20 minutes. I was already feeling it from our hike in, so we sat down rested for a minute then took our misty mate and got in line. Here she is posting my the giant dinosaur head.

As we got closer my knees just kept feeling weaker and weaker. I do have a tendency to get car sick so I just kept praying that I wouldn't get car sick from the ride. We made it through line and were in the back row of our rover. L was a bit scared but she made it through. Our rover was filled with college kids acting crazy and they of course made a dash to see their silly ride pics. we didn't get a chance to see them because they were too busy laughing at the little girl in the car...which would be L!!! I wish I could have gotten a look because they were for sure cracked up.

We walked around the gift shop and contemplated buying DS a dinosaur something, but nothing really grabbed us. L did grab one of those lovely giant swirly suckers...you know the ones where the wrapper gets thrown away and then the kids want you to hold them after 2 licks adn the stickiness is everywhere...yeah we got one of those.

We headed out to the stroller and L was kind enough to sit in her stroller while I sat on the ground and rested. Next we headed further into dinoland. As we passed by I looked at the times for the Nemo show. Nemo is one disney movie L will actually sit still for, so I thought we might try to sneak it in. Not a must do though.

We head for a MUST DO of tri-tops. Or dumbo meets dino. The wait was 5 minutes. I was really feeling it now so like a goober I had to sit down in the line. I didn't care though, I was going to make it through today!

Tri-tops was great. Then we headed for the midway games. DH is great at these, me not so much. We made sure we were the only ones playing so L would at least win something. We played the water squirt one and as luck wold have it L won! Funny how my squirter just wasn't as fast as hers.

We played one other game and randomly I did win something. She was done with dino land so we headed out with her new blue shark and red bat (re-named sharky and Bones like from Jake and the Neverland Pirates).

The only other thing on her list was the Safari. We headed out of Dino-land and I realize the Nemo show is about to start in 10 minutes. She says that she wants to go so we book it over. Let me tell you that theater is WAY far away from where you think it is. We hoofed it over and made it in plenty of time. It felt so good to just sit and put my feet up. Is it me though or does it seem like none of the inside things are as air conditioned anymore? Nemo was hot inside and even the Dinosaur line inside was hot. Oh well at least we had good seats.

The show started and we got the shark part and all of the sudden the actors ran off stage. The announcer came on with some speech of teh show will resume in just a minute please remain seated. I looked at L who looked bored out of her mind so I said do you just want to go...she said yes!

We went out and got our stroller. As we looked back teh entire theater was emptying so still not sure what happened. We treked over to the safari. the wait time was 40 minutes and the fastpass return was in 40 minutes, so I said let's get fasspasses, go eat and pizzafari and then come back.

I forced myself to eat and we had a nice rest. Then it was on to Safari. We loaded our bus and had a great ride. We saw LOTS of animals even though it was mid day. L just kept screaming every time she saw a giraffe (the girl loves giraffe) so the nice people behind us kept telling her everytime they would glimpse one. Here are the only two pics I have of the safari...both of some random creature named L.

She was about done and we had done all we wanted to do. AK is not our favorite park, but there are things we want to do there so it is a pretty relaxing day. She finally did buy one thing there, a baby Marie kitty. So now the stroller holds Sharky, Bones and Marie. We got some ice cream and headed out.

The bus came quick and we went to the room. Since last afternoon she threw such a fit about getting ready after the nap I went ahead and got her changed for dinner. I told her we would rest and then just see when we woke up. She obliged with getting dressed and I will give her credit she tried so hard to rest. She laid and laid. I snoozed in and out for about 20 minutes, but was feeling MUCH better. So I turned her on a Jessie and told her we would leave for Epcot when Jessie was over. It worked out perfect and even though she didn't technically sleep she was more rested...or at least I thought .

We made it down to the bus for Epcot and were off to meet R and K. By this time I was feeling at least 90% better. So we were ready to go and finish up with a super fun night at Epcot!

There will be lost more pictures next post. With only two people adn being sick it's hard to take pictures.

Next post we are in Epcot!

SURPRISE MOMMY AND DAUGHTER TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2963399
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Sandite

As we were walking into Epcot K texted and said that Daisy and Stitch were right inside for pics. We can't resist characters (even though L has no idea who Stitch even is). So we stopped by. We were the last ones to go before they took their breaks, so perfect timing!

Next I was trying to keep L from going crazy wanting to ride the ball while we waited to K and R. We finally found them and walked onto the ball. L was super excited about the ride because one of her friends had ridden it a month earlier and it was her favorite. So off we went.

As we were going K yelled out HANDS UP as we went by the camera just being funny. Well someone I guess it thought my hand was my head, so our future photo ended up a person with an arm for a head. We thought that was pretty funny.

After that we headed over for some fun with Nemo. We walked straight onto the ride and that is when I could tell L hadn't gotten enough rest. She wasn't being really bad, but her whining voice was coming out. We walked through the aquarium and she decided she wanted to do Turtle Talk. Well she wouldn't sit with the kids on the floor so there was no chance she would get picked. So we just sat and listened. It was pretty good.

Next we decided to hit up club cool. I don't really let L drink much pop, so she was excited to get to try so many different ones. Here she is with her cup of free goodness.

We came out to find the rain was starting. It was POURING! It was almost time for our coral reef reservations so we headed that way. I had my TOMS on again and was not going to walk around with wet shoes all night, so I did the most awful thing...I walked around barefoot to Coral Reef. It was gross, but at least my shoes stayed dry. By now L was getting more than a little cranky...that all changed for a minute at least when we got to our seats which were right by the tank!!!

Dinner was good and we even got to see a scuba diving group go by as we were eating. They were entertaining and several waved. A little food at least helped settle L down for a bit, but I knew that it wouldn't be for long.

We headed out and saw two cute chipmunks that had to be met.

After that we decided to ride Figment. I do not remember this ride at all, but it was cute. We stayed and played in the after room FOREVER. We, along with every other parent in the place, had to throw out some pretty big bribes to get her out. Ice cream was one that didn't work, but finally an Agent P mission promise got her attention.

L hadn't done much pin trading up to this point and with her mood I figured maybe I could get her happy by having her do some trades. There were two CM's outside so she grabbed her lanyard. Each had a different one of these really cool big square pins with a character and their name. So we got those and I said "how about we try to collect that whole series?". She got really excited about that and now we were on a mission.

Up next we continue around the world and will our pin collection mission be a success?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
love2pugs
Mouseketeer

Great trip report So sorry you were sick for the first day
Can't wait to read more

April 2004-Disney World & Disney Cruise; June 2006 Disney World; August 2009 Disney Cruise; Sept. 2012 Pop Century; Sept. 2014 Disney Cruise

Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
Sandite

Welcome love2pugs!!! Thanks for joining. So glad to have followers.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
Sandite

Up next was our Agent P Mission. L had seen this on TV so she just had to try it. I went up to the kiosk to get our phone and the people in front of me were taking forever. Asking the CM a ton of questions and then finally said "no that sounds like too much to do" . Weird. So I grabbed our phone and picked UK since that was closest.

L can't read yet, so it was really hard having to press the buttons, listen to what it wa saying myself while crouching down next to her. To make matters worse when we get to teh UK the band was playing making it IMPOSSIBLE to hear . We only did about 4 steps and L was done. This is a great idea for older kids who can read, but if you have younger ones even if they love Agent P I would skip it. Here are a few pics of her at least trying it out.

The hardest thing of the whole mission was finding where to return the darn thing! I was so worried about losing it that I put it in my pocket and checked that it was still there at least 100 times.

R really wanted to get good seats for the fireworks so she offered to go and save us some seats. L was really not in a good mood at this point. Explosion was near, so I said how about L and I go on our way around the world and we will just meet you back at fireworks time.

We headed off with a pin collection mission and pearl picking in mind. As we walked away from R and K, L looks up at me and says "those two are stressing me out". I said "I think you are stressing them out too".

So we head around the world. We stop at several pin traders and are finding a ton of the pins we were looking for (if you've been to Disney in recent months you will know where this is going). I was thinking we are rocking this!

We got to Japan and we did pick a pearl. I had gotten her a Mickey Head Pearl cage from ebay, so we went to get her pearl. The place was packed, but of course it was all just people watching. I finally figured out we had to go buy a ticket and wait. I got the ticket thinking it would be forever, but finally the main lady pushed the gawkers out of the way and it was our turn. There didn't seem to be very many to pick from, but we found the ugliest. One thing to know about L is that her favorite color is blue. Blue alone, no other color compares. She does not like pink as most other girls do. Well the lady opens the pearl and out comes a white pearl, but the lady is convinced it is pink...she just keeps going on and on about it being pink "Oh look princess you found a pink one, how luck for you". L looks at her and says "I don't like pink". The pearl is not pink anyways was what I was thinking. Oh well we got our pearl and headed out.

We got one of those yummy snow cone things in Japan and continued our pin trading mission. We found one at pretty much every person we came to..how lucky are we! I even started thinking to myself "I don't even know how many are in this set" and it didn't say on the back. By the end of our world trek we had found 8 of the pins. K and R were calling as it was starting to get crowded in their fireworks area. So we headed around the circle back towards them.

We had great seats for the fireworks. They were wonderful as always. K and R had been so nice to get us FPs for Soarin to use after the fireworks. They were going to mousegears while we rode. I told them to check on that pin collection to see how many there were.

We ran off and rode soarin'. It was great and we met up with K and R. They were laughing hysterically. I guess the pin collection I picked for her to collect was the promotional set that you can buy for $20 more when you buy $50 or something. So that is why they were so easy to find. Thankfully we had found all 8 and L felt we had really accomplished something. So note to those with little ones wanting to pin trade...pick the promotional set to try to find.

Here is a pic of her lanyard with her full collection of 8.

We had such a fun day at Epcot. L really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought. We didn't explore the countries all that much, but there was still plenty to do. Plus actually picking out a pin set to find makes it so much more fun. Like I said if you have a little one try to pick an easy set or even just a character to collect.

We caught the bus and were back to the room in no time. Tomorrow was swim day, TREX for lunch/dinner and HS at night.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

L is a little trooper!! She seems to be really excited with each thing she does!

It's too bad you were feeling so bad your first day. You were really smart to go back and rest that night! Congratulations to L on getting the entire set of ins!! That's hard to do even if they are promotional pin sets. It seems like there is always one that is harder than the rest to get! Looking forward to more adventures.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Sounds like a great trip!
I hope you start feeling better soon though, it's never fun to feel Like that!
Especially on holidays!!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
Sandite

Welcome Aussiesalad! Thanks for joining. Yes, being sick is the worst on vacation, but thankfully this last full day I was 100%

Side note...I have added a ticker!!!! First off yay for me even figuring out how to do it Second yay we are going again! Right now using that farther away airline we can fly roundtrip for $130!!! Craziness right. Well this trip will be the whole gang, me, DD, DS, DH, R and K and add on the grandparents! Will start a PTR soon. Cannot wait to go again!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #25
Sandite

So our last full entire day of the World was here. Good thing was our flight the next day didn't leave until dinner time, so we still had a few more hours of fun and adventure coming.

So today was swim day! L loves the water. She is becoming a great swimmer; however, me not so much. Hate to say it...I can't swim Oh well, we were on vacation it was a Disney pool had to be shallow right??

Biggest issue was R and K were headed to TL. I didn't want to pay the extra money to go nor did I want to have to act brave and go on any of those water rides, so K and R got up bright and early and left out before L even got up. Whew no questions asked.

L slowly got around and we headed down to the pool. As you can probably already tell my family and us are really close. This whole trip had been a lot of firsts for just me and L to do by ourselves. Well let me tell you two people at the pool alone is not the easiest. First, all the signs saying do not save spots on the bench...well no one else is with us what do you want us to do with our stuff? Anyways, we were bad and saved seats with our towels. We headed to the quick service and got some fresh pineapple for breakfast and then we were off to swim.

I have no pics, but our swim adventure stories are worth a 1000 pictures. First off L gets a life jacket because she knows she won't be strong enough to swim across that entire AKL pool!! It is huge!! So we go out and we start just walking around the pool...all of the sudden I can't touch the bottom....I scream out and grab onto L. All these people around me were cracking up. Guess Disney pools aren't all shallow

So once I get L away from the deep part we go over to the Simba slide. L really wanted to do it, but we had the issue of if I go up the stairs with you then I can't be at the bottom. Poor L was torn. I knew we couldn't go down together so it had to be one of the two. She was a trooper and went up by herself. Was really nice having the life guard so close...he was super nice and helped me watch for her. Down she came! She loved it. So she did the slide at least 15 times!!! There were hardly any kids there so was perfect timing.

We got out for potty breaks and snacks, but other than that were just having a great relaxing day until....we go to get back into the pool. There is a rather large family in the zero entry with little ones. No big deal. So we are sitting down there and one of the older girls in the family walks up by us, blows her nose into her hand and washes it in the water!!!!! Oh my gosh if thinking of all the pee in the pool wasn't enough add that on and we were done!

So we head up fully disgusted and run into K and R at the elevators. They both looked a bit flustered. I guess they had left TL nearly 1.5 hours ago and were just getting back! They said the buses were terrible and they got off at DTD to try to find a quicker way and that backfired. They were sad they didn't get to swim with L, but we had DTD to conquer and a early dinner at TREX, so we hurried and got all showered and ready to go.

Sorry no pics but swim days are hard to capture.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #26
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Hello there, great TR! I followed you over from Queen's TR.
Your DD is adorable of course, but I'm so sorry you were so sick!
I think it is great that you are starting these memories with her now though. My DD is 20 and DS is 13, and they just love going to Disney now- in fact they insist on us going every year now!

Can't wait to hear the rest- thanks for sharing!
Carla

Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
Sandite

Welcome PiscesAngel! I am so glad I have started her off young too. Even though they may not remember every detail they seem to always remember the magic!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
Sandite

I had left off with us finishing our fun swim filled morning. This afternoon we were headed for a fun time at DTD including a late lunch/early dinner at TREX. Then off to DHS after that.

In the room before we left I asked L if she wanted to try to find another set of pins. She still had plenty to trade and could keep her last complete set. I knew I wanted to do something pretty easy so I said why don't we just pick one character and you can just find any pin with that character. She decided on Goofy...easy enough right???

We got cleaned up and headed out. We started near the end by Once Upon a Toy. We had a potato head box to fill! Baby Q loves his potato head and even though L was convinced it was for them to share, it was primarily for him.

The funniest vinylmation story occured here. We got to the register and asked to trade. The guy got it out and L picked the first number. It was one she already had so we asked to pick another number. The guy said oh no you can only do one...what? Thankfully the other CM at the counter said we could do one more. So she picks another one and this guy's eyes light up. "Oh my gosh you are going to love this one...I can't believe it is even in here!" he says. I am thinking a princess of some sort...he pulls out Luke Skywalker. L has never seen Star Wars so she just looks at him. It was quite hilarious. The guy went on and on about how he had never seen one in the trading box before and how she was so lucky. Thankfully we got her kind of excited about it because he had a removeable light saber.

I could tell L was hitting her limit. Every store was some kind of melt down over which animal she wanted or she was hungry or she was hot. I could tell the meltdown was coming, I just didn't know when. We stopped several CM's on the way to get Goofy pins...nobody had any!!! I mean seriously it was like Goofy was some random hard to find character. We weren't even looking for a specific set..just goofy! Out of all the CM's in DTD we only found 2 goofy pins. Insanity right!

It was still early for our reservation at TREX, but with L's mood getting worse we decided to try to get in early. Hopefully food would make her feel better We got up to the desk and they said we could get in right away. And at that point...L loses it. I mean all out crying, angry, tired, every emotion a 4 year old can have at this point. I had been so excited about this place and having her do build a dino and now this!!! I try to not be the parent who buys their kid something to calm them down, but at this point I would do anything. Once I finally got her semi okay I said let's go at least look at Build a Dino. So off we went with K and R waiting for our names to be called. We got back to Build a Dino and there was NO LINE! I couldn't believe it. So I was a bad person and let her do it right then. She picked out the purple and blue stegausarus. Sorry for her weird expression, but she was still semi upset.

I am weirdo, but I LOVE how their tails stick out the back Soon we were seated. I knew that L was just hungry, but she was being awful still. We were to the point of just don't say anything if you can't say anything nice. We even had to go have a quick bathroom chat. As soon as her food came and she got something in her tummy she was doing better. We of course got suckered into the giant TREX femur slushie drink. That will always help a grumpy mood!

Here are a few interior shots of the restaurant. We were directly by the giant octopus bar. The eyes on that thing would randomly move...pretty freaky.

After that we headed to lego. My sister wanted to build a mickey mouse head to put on her desk at school. We of course ended up wtih a build your own box of super random parts and some duplo blocks for DS. I will say professional builder K took FOREVER to get her Mickey head built , but it turned out super cute.

Next we were ready for DHS!! We start to head back and L sees the carousel. Of course we have to ride it. So we get in line. We are first in line for the next ride and two kids come up behind us. L spots that there is a tea cup type cart on the carousel and says "I want to get on that one!". The little boy responds to her "well I'm going to get on it first...so there!". I thought this was quite rude and was ready to run to the cart if it meant me running over L. So the lady lets us in and L and me make a dash for the cart. Now let me tell you, this is a much smaller cart than the teacups. So L and I get situated and here come the two kids...they open teh door to the cart and jam in next to us! I was like what is going on here??? It was so totally random I had no idea what to even say. Well let me tell you that ride started and these two kids had that cart going so fast I thought it would take off. About halfway through the kids' mom comes out and sees all of us together and gives me a look and starts screaming "WHY ARE YOU ALL IN ONE CART!!!". Then she proceeds to apologize profusely for her kids butting in onour ride. Thankfully she understood it wasn't us who crowded in. L had a great time with the kids, so I guess my head spinning off into space was worth it.

Next up was DHS bus time...but guess what there is no direct bus to DHS from the end of DTD we were in...oh what to do! Stay tuned!]

Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
Sandite

I wanted to make this note about the TREX restaurant. First, it is awesome and worth it!

Most important though, I tried to make a reservation for it through Disney dining and they said it was full. I figured this would be true since this was a week before hand I was trying to reserve (K and L didn't have it on their list). I knew it had only recently been added to the dining plan and that is was still sort of seperate, so I went and found the actual phone number to TREX. I called and they said they had a ton of reservations still open!! So make sure if you want to eat here and Disney says they are full to call them. Also, their site sometimes has 99 cent kids meal specials. So take a look there before you go!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #30
bedillamouse
Mouseketeer

Just started reading your TR...isn't it funny how food can so change a little one's mood! Amazing! My girls are like that...if their mood is off I always think ...hmm when did they eat last.

DH DD9 DD7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: