Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Can't wait to hear all about your trip Angie!! My birthday is July 10 so I always wondered what it would be like in WDW that time of year! I knew the boys had grown from your PTR but I could really see it in the family picture!! (which is an awesome pic!!!) Looking forward to reading!!!!!

~Beth
Hi Beth!! So glad you are here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Can't wait to read along! I too have 2 DSs. Mine are still little so I'l be reading to find out what I have in store for me in the future!

Thanks for joining in!!

Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I Can Go The Distance...

"I have often dreamed, of a far off place..." Hercules

July 9, 2012

Yay! The day had finally arrived. We were going to Walt Disney World!! We were so excited to be going back! Our flight was scheduled early the next morning but since the airport was about a 3 hour drive from our house, we decided to leave the day before and find hotel so that we could avoid leaving in the middle of the night. Our hope was that we would start the trip well rested. If we only knew what was to come…….

The plan was to leave around noon and head to Burlington, VT. We were going to do a little shopping while we were in the area and then try and turn in early. But, by ten o’clock that morning we were all pretty anxious to get on the road and get our trip started. The boys helped DH pack up the car and after saying goodbye to our kitty, Milo, we were on our way.

It was an uneventful car trip. The boys watched a movie and played on their Kindle while I read the newest Kingdom Keepers book. Before long we were at the Ferry and we were seeing this---

Soon after, we made it to our destination, checked into our hotel and then decided to do a little shopping. We picked up a couple new books for the boys so they would have something to read on the plane. Then we headed downtown to grab some ice cream at Ben and Jerry’s and made our way down to the waterfront to enjoy the views.

After we finished our ice cream, we decided to head back to the hotel to get ready to turn in for the night. As I said before, the whole reason for leaving a day early was so we would be closer to the airport and didn’t have to get up early to leave. We were hoping to start the trip with a good night’s sleep. Of course, we should have known better because we are always too excited to sleep. But, as we settled down, I realized it was going to be more than excitement that was going to keep us awake that night. The room above us was so noisy!! Between stomping, slamming doors, running the water, it was driving us crazy! We were having a hard enough time getting to sleep that this definitely wasn’t helping! Finally, DH couldn’t take it any longer and went to talk to the front desk. Whatever he said must have done the trick because the noise finally stopped and around 2:00am, we finally dozed off for the night.

July 10, 2012

A few hours later, it was time to get up and get ready to head to the airport. We barely had any time to think about our lack of sleep the night before because all we could think about was that in a few short hours we would be at our happy place!!

We arrived at the airport, got our boarding passes and soon it was time to board the plane.

After an uneventful flight, we arrived in Orlando and made our way to Magical Express. To say that I was excited was an understatement. I couldn’t believe we were finally there after months and months of planning and counting down.
I snapped a quick picture of the bus—

Apparently, I was so excited one picture just wouldn’t do….so I snapped another.

We’re finally here boys….Can you believe it??

I took picture of the television while we settled in our seats---

I guess in my excitement I felt we needed another closer one. I couldn’t even wait for the video to begin!!

My terrible attempt at one of the Walt Disney World signs—

I’ve all but given up at getting a picture of the Walt Disney World arch. Our bus driver had the shade pulled down in the front window so I barely got a glimpse. Oh well…my disappointment was short lived because soon we were pulling into the new Art of Animation resort.

It looked amazing! I couldn’t wait to visit later on in the week!
Finally...our destination!! Pop Century Resort!

My attempt at the sign through our window….

Someone is excited to be back!!!

We were here!!! We were finally here!!

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day--Part 2

After gathering our bags, we made our way inside--

Aww...it felt great to be back!!

We made our way to online check-in to pick up our keys to the world and our welcome packet. The CM was very friendly and wished us a Happy Anniversary. She gave us our anniversary buttons and then gave the boys some I'm Celebrating buttons. I thought that was really nice. We were anxious to find out where our room was since I didn't put any requests in this time. We were hoping for the 80's because it always seems quieter in that section. Well, we got our wish which we were thrilled about at first until she showed us the location. It was in one of the furthest buildings from the bus stop and Classic Hall. It wasn't too bad at the beginning of the trip but as the week went on, we were really wishing we had requested something closer. Oh well...lesson learned.

I snapped a picture of the bus stop on the way to our room-

Whew! We made it!
The boys of course had to check out the bed--

The room had been remodeled since we had been there last. We really liked the new decor--

I loved that there was a mini fridge now. It definitely came in handy on the trip!

Although, we were all starving and wanted to head down to the food court to grab something to eat. We couldn't leave without getting our first glimpse of Stacey. Honestly, I'm not sure we watched anything else that week! I know I was singing "Livin' it up...Love that feeling! Livin' it up...Let the Memories Begin!!" all week long!

Anyways, it was also at this point that we started realizing that despite how happy and excited we were, that our lack of sleep from the night before was starting to catch up with us. So, with this realization we made our first change of the trip.

Up Next--An evening at Downtown Disney

Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First off, the first set of pictures are gorgeous! We are at least 4 hours away from any mountains so seeing pictures of mountains are beautiful!

Oh man, there's nothing worse than having stomping, loud guests in the room above you. Good thing your hubby went down and complained or it might have went on all night long.

Yay! You've arrived at Pop Century! I know that you said your room was pretty far away from everything but I'm betting it was quiet.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First off, the first set of pictures are gorgeous! We are at least 4 hours away from any mountains so seeing pictures of mountains are beautiful!

Oh man, there's nothing worse than having stomping, loud guests in the room above you. Good thing your hubby went down and complained or it might have went on all night long.

Yay! You've arrived at Pop Century! I know that you said your room was pretty far away from everything but I'm betting it was quiet.

Thanks! We're very lucky to live so close to the Adirondack mountains that I think sometimes we take them for granted. The Green Mountains in Vermont are so beautiful. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures that day.

Ugh...the loud guests were so annoying. I wish we wouldn't have waited so long to say something. But, we really thought at some point they would settle down.

We were so happy to be back at Pop! The room was very quiet until our second to last day when a sports group arrived. There was a lot more activity on our floor after that.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, you made it!! That's awesome you got a little preview of the Art of Animation resort on your ME bus. I am definitely planning on stopping over there on my next trip. It looks like such a fun resort.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #22
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Travel day is one of the most exciting days of the whole trip! All the anticipation finally ends and you are on the way! YAY!!

So sorry about the noisy neighbors. How annoying!

I so get that "can you believe we're finally here?" feeling! It's like you need to pinch yourself to be sure it's real! The joy on Noah's face says it all!

Looking forward to more!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
vassar36
Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures!!!! Great start...i can't wait to read more!!!!!!

BLT March 2014
AKL/VWL June 2013 BWV/VWL Nov 2012 AKV March 2012 BCV June 2011
POFQ-March 2010 , VWL -March 2009 POP- April 2008 WL - July 2007 POP- May 2006 Contempary-1970-1980's FW- in the 1980's
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Woo hoo, you made it!! That's awesome you got a little preview of the Art of Animation resort on your ME bus. I am definitely planning on stopping over there on my next trip. It looks like such a fun resort.
After our little preview, I was so excited that we made a point to go over the next night and explore the resort. I took a ton of pictures of both the Nemo and Cars section. I can't wait to share them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Travel day is one of the most exciting days of the whole trip! All the anticipation finally ends and you are on the way! YAY!!

So sorry about the noisy neighbors. How annoying!

I so get that "can you believe we're finally here?" feeling! It's like you need to pinch yourself to be sure it's real! The joy on Noah's face says it all!

Looking forward to more!
We were so happy to be there!! Noah couldn't stop smiling! It was so cute!!

Ugh! The noisy neighbors were definitely annoying! I'm glad things finally settled down so we were at least able to get some sleep that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassar36 View Post
Beautiful pictures!!!! Great start...i can't wait to read more!!!!!!

Glad you joined in!!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

When there's a smile in your heart....

"When there's a smile in your heart, there's no better time to start...." Peter Pan

After enjoying Stacey and “Must Do Disney” on television for a few minutes, we decided it was time to go and grab something to eat for lunch. By this time, it was about 1:30 or so and we hadn’t eaten since six that morning. Needless to say, we were starving and because of this I didn’t take any pictures of our food.

I had the Meatball sub combo with salad as did DH. Nick had the Parmesan crusted chicken with salad and Noah had a kid’s pizza. I don’t know if it was because we were starved but it was good and filling. It definitely hit the spot!

Poor Nick, I think I took him off guard

Noah enjoying his meal

I did remember to pull out my camera before I devoured my dessert! YUM!

After lunch, the boys wanted to check out the gift shop. They had souvenir money that they couldn’t wait to spend—

Aww….

Decisions, Decisions….huh, Nick?

We decided to head back to the room and stopped to grab a few pictures of our view on the way.

Another one off to the left a little—

And to the right—

This was the pool we spent most of our afternoons in. It was much quieter than the Hippy Dippy Pool.

Hey Nick!

I realized when we walked to the end our hallway that I could almost see the Walt Disney World Arch from our room. I thought that was really cool. Hmm…I guess I did kind of see it this trip!! Here I thought I had missed it.

After a quick rest, we were ready to head out to Downtown Disney for the evening. In my last update I mentioned that this would be our first change of the trip. If you read my PTR, you may remember that we were supposed to go to Epcot on our first evening. But, after finding out that Epcot had evening EMH that night I began doubting whether it would be a good idea or not. I was sure that it was going to very busy. That combined with how hot it was and how tired we still were, we decided that having a more relaxing evening at Downtown Disney would be best. No plans, just walking around, people watching, shopping and enjoying being at Disney. It sounded perfect to me!!

We made our way down to the bus stop and I don’t remember waiting too long for a bus which if I remember right actually surprised us because it usually takes forever for Downtown Disney buses to show up. Anyway, before we knew it we had arrived!!

Our first stop was Once Upon a Toy. While DH and the boys headed in to do a little shopping, I lingered outside to snap a few pictures—

Noah decided to be silly and try on a few hats—

The boys stopped to get a picture with Buzz—

Continued on next post--

Last edited by Angies1274; 08-27-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #26
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

An Evening in Downtown Disney Part 2

Next, we decided to head to the Lego store! (Noah’s favorite)

I love all the new Disney creations outside—

A little closer….

I didn’t take any pictures inside the store as it was so busy in there and I was trying to help Noah find what he was looking for. He ended up buying a Ninjago Sticker book and Lego set.

Then it was off to the World of Disney—
Now, I love this store but….it’s so huge that it makes it hard to actually shop for anything especially because it's always so busy.

I looked up and saw Peter Pan and Wendy. You know I had to get a picture—

If I remember right, we didn’t really buy too much. I got a bracelet and DH got a t-shirt. I don’t think Nick purchased anything that night. He was waiting to spend his money in Japan the next day.

As DH was paying, Noah and I made our way over to check out Basin. This was my very first time there and I was so excited to check it out. After smelling all the wonderful scents, I decided to purchase a Mickey head soap in a cotton candy scent. It smells very yummy and sweet. A perfect summer scent! While we were browsing, Nick found a bath bomb that smelled just like Soarin’. I didn’t buy it which of course now I’m kicking myself.

After Basin, it was around 7:00pm and we were starting to get hungry or at least the boys were. We unanimously agreed to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express. We love it there but since we had planned to eat at T-Rex the following evening, we didn’t think we would make it to WPE this trip. I was starting to like this “go with the flow” no plan kind of evening. It wasn’t too busy when we walked inside which was really nice except it meant that I had to decide what I wanted right away. Of course, as we got closer to the front of the line I kept changing my mind. First it was the spaghetti and meatballs and then it was the rotisserie chicken. Finally, at the last minute I decided on the Margarita Pizza and I’m so glad I did! This was so yummy!! Of course, I didn’t get any pictures but it was so good that I had to find a picture so I could share it with you.

DH got the bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes. He loved it as well.

Nick got the cheese pizza and Noah got macaroni and cheese. They both really enjoyed their meal. It was definitely two thumbs up for all of us. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

After we finished our yummy meal, we decided that it was probably time to head back to Pop Century. We made one final stop at Goofy’s Candy Company on the way out so we could grab some make your own pretzels to share. You are able to choose 3 toppings so the boys chose to dip them in milk chocolate, rolled in M&M’s and drizzled with white chocolate.
While we waited for our pretzels to be ready I took a picture of the boys being silly—

One of the sign made of jelly beans-

And the huge Mickey and Minnie rice crispy treats. Yum!

Once our pretzels were ready it was time to say goodbye to Downtown Disney for the night and head to the bus stop.

Back at the resort, we refilled our mugs and after a little television we were out for the night. It was a great first night at Disney and I’m so glad we made the decision to switch our days around. It was a much more relaxing way to start our trip!!

Next up— How much longer are we going to hang around Canada?

Last edited by Angies1274; 07-26-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #27
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I think that you made a good decision when you decided to go to DTD instead of Epcot. I have been meaning to comment on how grown up the boys are looking. No more little boy faces. They are looking like young men.

You know that we are now Wolfgang Puck Express lovers so looking at your pictures brought back some good memories. I could go for something from there right now.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #28
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

First I have to agree with Lisa. The boys are looking very grown up...especially Nick. Believe me, I know from experience how quickly they change from little boys to young men!

DTD is a great choice on arrival day. That is usually our plan. We have never attempted a park on our travel day. I love the sights and smells of Disney at DTD...a perfect way to start the vacation!

Those new lego sculptures are fantastic! Yay...there's one of my favorites, Snow White!

Yummmm.....WPE! Another one of our favorites! Sounds like a perfect night to me!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #29
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I've been reading your trip report and I really don't get why people decide not to go to a park because it has EMH, is it really that much busier?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 07-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #30
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

You did some of my favorite things! I love the food at WGPE! Have you ever eaten breakfast there? When we stayed at SSR, we went there for breakfast. There is no kids menu at breakfast. You should have seen my grandsons face when they brought him out a HUGE waffle with whipped cream and fruit on top!

I love the Lego store and the sculptures out front! Even though it's not the most dramatic, I love the kids and dogs. Truly amaziing!

Lovin' your 'go with the flow' adventure so far! Looking forward to more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: