Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #211
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi Angie! Don't you just love the Phineas and Ferb meet? We have such a blast! We had some technical difficulties with the singing in the rain umbrella too... of course the gentleman who used it after I did sure knew what to do as I was stepping away from it.
Hey Tracy!!

Phineas and Ferb was so much fun! I'm so glad that we took the time to meet them!

It took us a few minutes to figure out the umbrella but once the boys did...they loved it! Oops...figures it would work perfectly for the gentleman after you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Yep, I was right! Isn't P&F a fun meet? We had a great time with them

Glad to hear you enjoyed Sci-Fi...it is tentatively on my list for our next family trip. We've never really explored Streets of America, better add that to the next time list too
I'm so glad that I finally decided to ignore all the doubt I had about trying Sci-Fi. It was a great experience! The food was yummy and the atmosphere was so cool! We'll definitely be going back!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #212
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

These Little Wonders....

"Time falls away,but these small hours,these little wonders....still remain." Meet the Robinson's

When I left off, we had just met Phineas and Ferb, saw Muppets 3D, had a yummy meal and great experience at Sci-Fi Dine in. It was really hot at this point and the skies appeared to be clear so it didn’t look like there was any rain in sight….or so we thought.

We had a few things that we had hoped to accomplish that day but in no particular order. We walked by Star Tours and decided to grab a fastpass for later just in case we made it back.

Noah wanted to get a pic on the way by—

As we made our way over toward the Animation Courtyard, DH and Noah decided that a bathroom break would be in order. So, Nick and I found a nearby bench to wait for them.
Nick wanted to get a picture—

A few minutes later, we saw DH and Noah round the corner and we realized that the skies were starting to get dark. Wow! It came on so quick and before we even had a chance to worry about how it would affect our afternoon, it began to rain.

Luckily, we were very close to One Man’s Dream so we made a run for it. I have to admit I was secretly pleased which is surprising I know. Being happy that it was raining? Well…not that it was raining. But, happy that it was giving us an excuse to visit One Man’s Dream which I have wanted to visit on every previous trip we have taken but have always ran of time.
We stepped inside and began to explore—

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

One of my very favorite quotes from Walt Disney……oh and inspiration for the title of this update since it appears at the end of “Meet the Robinson’s.” Love that movie!!!

To be continued….

Last edited by Angies1274; 10-24-2012 at 08:09 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #213
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

These Little Wonders.... (part 2)

Continued from previous post--

Here are a few pictures that Noah took on our walk around....

I'm so happy that we stopped and took the time to go through One Mans Dream. I think its one of those attractions that simply get overlooked because everyone is running to the next big thing and always telling themselves that they will make it back next time. (Like we did) But, you must go if you haven't yet. It a wonderful tribute to Walt!

So, after enjoying a wonderful exhibit, we decided to make our way over to the Disney Animation Building.

We had a few things we were hoping to do there including meeting Sorcerer Mickey which is DH favorite character!

But, before we could hop in line the boys wanted to check out some things first.

We noticed that the line to meet Mickey was starting to grow so we figured we better head over. We probably waited about 15 minutes or so and then we were up!!

This was the only picture I got with my camera because we wanted a photopass picture of all of us. So, here are the pictures from our calendar---

After meeting Mickey, we decided to head over to the Animation Academy and check that out since we had never done it before. Both the boys like to draw and we thought it would be something fun to do. Unfortunately, DH decided he'd rather not do it, so he decided to stay back and wait for us. It didn't take long for the next class to start and we were making our way inside. We found a seat towards the back of the room and settled down. The teacher we had was very good. She was patient and stressed not to compare your drawing to the person beside you because everyone sees things differently. That everyone's picture wouldn't be perfect but special in their own way. This was actually great advice for Noah who got really frustrated at the beginning especially when he found out there wasn't any erasers. After hearing this, he began to relax a little bit and enjoyed himself.

Here are the final results......Nick's is first, followed by Noah's and mine is last.

I think they turned out pretty good. Noah's looks so fluffy which I love and Nick's is very cute as well. Again, we had a great time trying something new! It was so much fun and a great free souvenir to take home with us that are now proudly displayed on the wall in our computer/game room.

When we finished up the class, we went out to meet DH. It was starting to get later in the afternoon and the plan had been to take break for a few hours, have dinner at Pop and then head back for Fantasmic later on that evening. Looking at the time, we knew we would have to leave soon if we wanted to have any kind of break which we all really needed due to getting up early that morning for EMH.

As we were heading out of the Animation building, I realized that we still had our fastpasses for Star Tours that were almost ready to expire. Noah wanted to leave and had no desire to ride. (he felt sick after he rode for the first time a couple years ago and didn't want to repeat that again) DH volunteered to sit out with Noah if Nick and I wanted to ride. So, I asked Nick.
"Do you want to ride or go back to the room?"
"Doesn't matter."
UGH!
Let me just say I was well aware throughout the entire day that Nick didn't really want to be there. This wasn't his favorite park and he was acting grumpy all day. I was trying to make the best of it and kept encouraging him to try all these new things which he actually really enjoyed once he got in there but it was the in between time when I could tell he just wanted to go back to the resort. I wanted that one ride that would make him stop and think Hey..that was fun! Maybe this isn't such a bad park after all. So, hoping to save the day, I grabbed his hand and away we went toward Star Tours. It wasn't long before we grabbed our 3D glasses and made our way inside.

The verdict-

He LOVED it!! He couldn't stop talking about it and was so glad I talked him into riding. He kept telling Noah on the way back to Pop how he should have rode too. Aww...the magic of Disney!

Next up---A night Fantasmic style!

Last edited by Angies1274; 10-23-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #214
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's been several years since we've been in to the One Man's Dream exhibit so I really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. I must remember to head in there next trip.

I think that your drawings were very well done indeed! It sounds like the instructor was a good one and helped put everyone's mind at ease so they could really enjoy the experience.

Yay! Aren't you glad that you talked Nick into going on Star Tours before heading to the resort to rest?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #215
solana131
DIS Veteran

Yay for Star Tours! It kinda turned my day around too that day. HS isn't my favorite park, but I wanted my cousin to experience everything...so we tried it. And we both loved it. Went on it 3 times that vacation

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #216
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's been several years since we've been in to the One Man's Dream exhibit so I really enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. I must remember to head in there next trip.

I think that your drawings were very well done indeed! It sounds like the instructor was a good one and helped put everyone's mind at ease so they could really enjoy the experience.

Yay! Aren't you glad that you talked Nick into going on Star Tours before heading to the resort to rest?
We enjoyed walking through One Man's Dream! It was a really nice tribute and I'm glad that we were able to check it out this time!

Thanks on the drawings! It was great experience! It's definitely become a must-do for us from now on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Yay for Star Tours! It kinda turned my day around too that day. HS isn't my favorite park, but I wanted my cousin to experience everything...so we tried it. And we both loved it. Went on it 3 times that vacation
Love Star Tours! It's such a great attraction! I'm glad Nick decided to try it! Maybe I we can talk Noah into trying it next time! I'm sure he would like it! Glad you enjoyed it so much as well.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #217
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Ok...that settles it. Next trip I am going to visit One Man's Dream! Great pictures!

There's nothing like Disney to chase the grumpies away...glad Star Tours did the trick!!

Great Tigger pics!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #218
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Yay for Star Tours! It is so wonderful when something just lights someone up like that

Love all the Tiggers and OMD is a perfect place to escape the rain. Sorcerer Mickey is Eric's favorite, I need to remember to take him to see him next year, even if he thinks he is too old.

Pictures turned out good!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #219
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

One Man's Dream and the Art of Animation are two of my favorite things in the Studios... Everyone is getting run down in the rush to TSM and I think a lot of people miss these...

and its a shame... because they are both chock full of great stuff... all the Dis History stuff in One Man's Dream and the being able to learn to draw a character at Art of Animation.... Love your Tiggers....

Star Tours is an awesome ride... I'm so glad you made the executive decision and made Nick ride...sounds like all worked out for the best...

I love Meet the Robinsons - such a sweet, funny, sometimes sad, creative film...
Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #220
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Ok...that settles it. Next trip I am going to visit One Man's Dream! Great pictures!

There's nothing like Disney to chase the grumpies away...glad Star Tours did the trick!!

Great Tigger pics!
Thanks!! I'm glad we finally made it to One Man's Dream!! You should definitely try to go if you get a chance on your next trip!!

I was so happy that Nick liked Star Tours! It ended up being a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yay for Star Tours! It is so wonderful when something just lights someone up like that

Love all the Tiggers and OMD is a perfect place to escape the rain. Sorcerer Mickey is Eric's favorite, I need to remember to take him to see him next year, even if he thinks he is too old.

Pictures turned out good!
Thank you!!

I thought the Tigger pictures turned out cute. I was a little confused about his mouth though... I showed my brother when we got back and he told me they were cute but it looked like we didn't finish. Oh well...still cute and still so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
One Man's Dream and the Art of Animation are two of my favorite things in the Studios... Everyone is getting run down in the rush to TSM and I think a lot of people miss these...

and its a shame... because they are both chock full of great stuff... all the Dis History stuff in One Man's Dream and the being able to learn to draw a character at Art of Animation.... Love your Tiggers....

Star Tours is an awesome ride... I'm so glad you made the executive decision and made Nick ride...sounds like all worked out for the best...

I love Meet the Robinsons - such a sweet, funny, sometimes sad, creative film...
I've realized after this trip that I have so many favorite things to do at Hollywood Studios. It's hard for me to imagine now that it ever was my least favorite park! We really enjoyed One Man's Dream and the Animation Academy. I'm glad we finally took the time to experience them this trip!

I have to admit...I almost gave in and went back to the resort. We were all tired and it was so hot and crowded that afternoon. But, I didn't want Nick leaving the park with that disappointed grumpy feeling. I guess Star Tours was just what he needed!

Oooh....I really love Meet the Robinsons!! It's such a cute movie and so heartwarming. As far as Disney movies go....it really tends to get overlooked which is sad because it's such a good movie. It's definitely one of our very favorites!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #221
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone reading that was in the path of Sandy is safe. We were on alert here and ready for the worse. The boys were sent home early from school yesterday and we spent the afternoon watching the news and the weather channel awaiting Sandy’s arrival. Yesterday, by late evening the winds were whipping and it started to rain but thankfully it wasn’t as bad here as we thought it was going to be. We feel very fortunate. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who were affected.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #222
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Mysteries and Magic, Visions Fantastic!

“You can find... in your imagination... mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams.” Fantasmic

When I left off, we had just explored One Man’s Dream, met Sorcerer Mickey, had fun drawing Tigger at the Animation Academy and we saved the day with Star Tours. It had been a great morning and afternoon but getting up so early for EMH was starting to wear us down especially with the heat and the crowds swirling around us. The boys were more than ready to head back to the resort for a rest and swim so we slowly made our way out of the park and back to Pop Century.

A short bus ride later we arrived and I had expected that everyone would want to take a nap but both the boys were eager to head to the pool. DH decided he wanted to stay behind. Apparently a nap sounded much more appealing to him! We changed into our suits and grabbed some towels and made our way to the elevators. On the way down, we discussed whether we wanted to just head to the 80’s pool or if we wanted to head over to the Hippy Dippy pool which we loved when we stayed over in the 70’s section a few years ago. After going back and forth we decided to head over to the Hippy Dippy pool. It was busy but not too bad as we were able to find a spot to put our things and then jumped in. Aww…it felt so good! The flowers in the corners of the pool spray cooler water so we have always found this pool more refreshing than the other pools. They were also having pool games and trivia. They would play Disney music and you had to guess which ride/movie it came from. It was fun but after about an hour we decided we’d had enough and decided to head back to the room.

As we approached our floor, we began to notice much more noise and activity than earlier. Apparently, a big tour group had just arrived and was placed on our floor. There were a lot of kids everywhere running up and down the hall. UGH! Just what we needed! As we walked inside DH was just starting to wake up. We changed and decided to hang out in the room for a while watching Stacey and just relaxing. Thankfully, the noise got better as they must have gone down to the pool or headed to the parks.

After our short rest, it was time to head down for dinner. We decided to eat in the food court at Pop again that evening for convenience. Since it’s been so long and I didn’t take notes about what we ate that night I can’t remember what DH and the boys decided to have. However, I do remember that I had the Greek Salad which I love and a bowl of grapes for my dessert. I was still full from our lunch at Sci-Fi and I knew that we would be snacking during Fantasmic later that evening. We enjoyed our meal and then about 6:30pm, we decided that it was time to head to the bus stop to wait for a DHS bus.

It wasn’t long before we had arrived!

My first of many blurry picture of the night…..apparently walking and taking pictures do not mix. At least they don’t for me!

We decided to head over to wait for Fantasmic to begin. I didn’t know how busy it was going to be and getting a good seat at Fantasmic means getting there really early. We didn’t mind though….that’s how much we like it!

We made our way inside and found a spot in the middle of the theater. As DH went to get popcorn and drinks, I snapped a picture-

Then we settled down for the long wait-
Say Cheese Nick!!

Hi Noah!

The first time we had seen Fantasmic was during our trip in 2010 and although we feel the wait is worth it, it’s still so boring to have to sit there for all that time. However, this time about an hour before the show started they had 3 guys interacting with the crowd. They had a sing-off and I think trivia questions. Anyway, it made the time go by much faster which we were very happy about!

Finally it was time for the show to begin! The popcorn was passed around and we sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the show!

I videotaped short clips here and there throughout the show. Here are a few of the shots I took from the clips (sorry the quality isn’t the greatest)

Aww…we love Fantasmic! Definitely one of our favorites!

However, the one thing we never enjoy is trying to get out after show. People were everywhere! Luckily, though it didn’t take too long and we were back out on Sunset Blvd.

Even though the park was still open for a little while longer we decided to make our way out for the evening. I attempted to get a few pictures of the boys before we left-

On our way out, I had reminded DH that if the line for Pop Century was too long we could always catch an Art of Animation bus and just walk across the bridge to get to our resort. Well…once we approached the bus stop it didn’t take us long to make up our mind when we saw only a couple families waiting at the AoA stop and the Pop one was full. We didn’t wait long and an AoA resort bus pulled up and soon we were making our way back to our room-
I grabbed a few night time pics on the way back….

We finally made it back to our room and collapsed on the bed. Periodically, throughout the night I had been worried about what we would encounter when we got back to our room. I had visions of loud, screaming kids running up and down the hall again and never getting to sleep. But, it wasn’t too bad. I was definitely relieved! We got ready and climbed into bed. It was such a fun day and Fantasmic was the perfect way to end the night! But, I couldn’t wait for tomorrow! So many things to look forward to as we were heading back to the Magic Kingdom for the day!

Next up—The best is yet to come!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #223
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

We are also big fans of Fantasmic! I'm glad they have some pre-show entertainment. That wait is really long!

Great idea to ride the AoA bus. We have done the same thing with the POFQ bus when we are staying at POR. I'd rather be making some progress than standing in line!

Glad to hear you made it through Sandy safely. We got lots of rain and high winds, but managed to keep power. The boys had a day off of school. We feel blessed to have missed the worst of it. It looks like a lot of other areas (even close by) weren't so lucky.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #224
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's good to hear that you guys made it through Sandy safe and sound. Unfortunately, there are so many folks who didn't.

Yay for making it back to Hollywood Studios to see Fantasmic. We absolutely love the show but agree that the wait can be a bit boring if there aren't any CMs doing pre-show entertainment.

You are one smart cookie to think of taking the AoA bus instead of the one for Pop.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #225
solana131
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic looks so great. Another thing we need to make it to next year. It just seems like such a hassle and my non Disney-loving husband would not like that.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: