Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #196
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I'm really glad that you got to ride TSM... the queuing for that ride is really cute... and it is fun but the craziness surrounding it... I'm thinking people could start scalping their fast passes outside...... and make some lunch money...

Really nice family photos in front of the Wizard Hat at the Studios...
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #197
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I'm really glad that you got to ride TSM... the queuing for that ride is really cute... and it is fun but the craziness surrounding it... I'm thinking people could start scalping their fast passes outside...... and make some lunch money...

Really nice family photos in front of the Wizard Hat at the Studios...

Thanks!! The boys were actually in the mood to get their pictures taken that morning. It doesn't happen very often.

I know....they probably could! I still don't understand the craziness that surrounds that ride after all this time.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #199
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Yay! A TSM victory for Mom!!
I was so happy!!!! It doesn't happen too often especially when I go up against Nick.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #200
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

There's 104 days of summer vacation......

"There's 104 days of summer vacation, and school comes along just to end it..." Phineas and Ferb

When I left off, we had just rode Toy Story Mania and I won! (I couldn’t resist!) Anyway, as much as a second ride would have been fun, the wait time was already quite long and the fastpass time was late in the afternoon when we had planned to take an afternoon break so unfortunately that didn’t work out either. Nick was disappointed but he understood. At this point it was inching close to 10:00am and Noah was reminding me that there were a couple of his favorite characters he was waiting to meet. Sadly, Nick wasn’t interested so he decided to take off with DH to explore.

As you know, we headed over near Star Tours, made our way by Muppets 3D, around the corner near Mama Melrose and we finally reached our destination!

So, who was Noah so excited to meet?

Phineas and Ferb…of course!

We got into a relatively short line and waited for our turn. When it was just about our turn, they took a little break so we waited some more and finally we were up!!

Noah handed over his autograph book to Ferb.

Then wandered over to give Phineas a hug-

No hugs for Ferb. Well, Phineas is his favorite!

Then it was time to pose!

“Hey Mom…Do you wanna be in the picture too?”

Strike a pose!

Hmm…..let’s try that again! This time I’ll actually look at the camera!

After a couple more hugs, we said our goodbyes. We spotted DH and Nick walking toward Muppet 3D, so we ran to catch up to them.
They told us they had looked through a couple gift shops on Sunset Blvd. trying to find a hat for Nick and then decided to check out the RNRC situation again. Aww….they didn’t have to do that. Anyway, it was still closed at a little after ten and they had stopped giving out fastpasses for the ride. It was at this point that I realized that maybe RNRC wasn’t going to happen after all on this trip. I was sad but what could I do…if it wasn’t open, I guess it wasn’t meant to be this trip. It gives us something to look forward to next time! We never did end up going back to check again so I would be interested to know what time it did open back up that day….hmmm….

After our disappointment, we couldn’t think of a better way to lift our spirit than to check out Muppet 3D and well…it was right there so even though it wasn't some high thrill ride and we couldn't rock out. It would have to do.
On our way inside—

We really enjoyed the show. I’m so glad that the boys have gotten over their fear of 3D shows/movies. It definitely makes these attractions much more enjoyable now.

After Muppets, we decided to explore the Streets of America-

As we were walking around, the boys started complaining of the heat again. So, I led them to someplace that was sure to cool them off and that I have wanted to see on every trip but have always missed.

Well…we found it. Hmm…..but how to make it work?

Hmm…it wasn’t just a pull down on the handle. Noah and DH were inspecting it while Nick tried it out.
Oh…wait a minute. Nick figures it out!

Yay! That seemed to lift their spirits!

We continued to walk—

I told Noah to jump in the air and I would try to get his picture. He looked at me funny but gave it a try—

Oops…I missed it.

“Mom!”
“Sorry, let’s try it again.”

At this point we both decided to give up! Oh well…..

We had an 11:30am ADR for Sci-Fi Dine In so we decided to make our way over.

It was our first time eating here and we were very excited! We were a few minutes early so before we went in we decided to wait and try to get a picture of the boys in the car out front. There was another family already in the car. So, we stood waiting patiently for them to finish. Well…we waited and waited. There was a lot of people in the family and just when we thought they were done they would take another picture. They got group shots and individual shots and paired shots. At his point, DH was getting annoyed and the boys were complaining they were hungry so rather than wait we decided to head in and check in early. I think we waited maybe 10 minutes and our name was called.

Honestly, the minute we walked inside we were all in awe. It was such a fun atmosphere. We loved it. We settled into our car with Nick and I in the front and DH and Noah in the back. I snapped a few pictures without flash to keep the ambiance of the place. However, they came out a little blurry in doing so.

I wish I could remember our servers name because he was wonderful….very friendly and attentive. We were very pleased especially since I had read mixed reviews about the service here.

Sadly, I didn’t get any food pics because we were starving but I do remember what we ate—
Nick and I both got milkshakes, his was vanilla, mine was chocolate, DH got iced tea and Noah got a chocolate milk, I believe. We all decided with the exception of Noah to order the-- Angus Chuck Burger – (flame broiled beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and crispy bacon, lettuce and vine-ripened tomatoes, served with french fries for $14.99) Noah got tomato soup, macaroni and cheese, and an ice cream sundae from the kid’s menu. Oh…and DH got apple crumble for dessert. We all really enjoyed our meal. We were very pleased with everything and so happy we decided to give it a try.

I have wanted to try this place since our first trip but often shied away because of all the mixed reviews I had read. So, here’s my advice to you. Everyone’s experience is different and if it look good to you and you think your family will enjoy it, there’s a good chance they will. Don’t over think things…like I do. You may miss out on a great experience!!

After paying for our meal, we wandered outside to now see a line of people waiting to take their picture in the car in front of the restaurant so we decided to skip it and find something else to do. We didn’t have any place specific in mind. Again, we decided to go with the flow for the rest of the afternoon.
Hmm….where did we head next?

Up Next—Decisions....Decisions.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #201
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

We love Phineas and Ferb! Can't wait to meet them on our spring trip! Love the "strike a pose" pics!

Sorry about RnRC. That really stinks!

My family loved Sci Fi as well. I hesitated, like you, due to the reviews. But i wholeheartedly agree with you about reviews. Everyone has different experiences and expectations. Unless a place gets consistently BAD reviews, I kind of take them with a grain of salt. You know your family and what they enjoy so go for it!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #202
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I am loving the pictures of the two of your with Phineas and Ferb! It's nice to see you in the pictures.

I'm glad to hear that you guys liked Sci-Fi. It's one of our favorites! It's not really about the food there, it's more about the atmosphere which is really neat.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #203
solana131
DIS Veteran

So jealous you got to meet P&F! I've just recently become a fan of that show (well watching it when my son does), so I didn't seek them out in July. Next time though for sure!

And just wondering....is that Goofy shirt your DS has on from Zazzle by any chance??

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #204
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sci-Fi. We've eaten there a few times and have always thought it was fun. I completely agree with you-don't let other people's opinions influence yours! I know a lot of people said negative things about Mama Melrose's. Well, my dad, sister, and I ate there a few years ago and we thought it was good!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #205
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

oh wow ... you did two of my little man's favorite things....

Phineas & Ferb...(well he hasn't met them yet but he loves the show and he did get to participate in a Phineas and Ferb show in California Adventure last summer...

& Sci Fi... those film clips are so fun... and the whole atmosphere...love it there...

I agree with you on the reviews... I've read some really bad food reviews but we've always had good food... we've mostly stuck with the burgers and shakes but they've always been good... and the atmosphere in there is an attraction in itself...

I agree that you have to decide and if you think you'd like something you should always at least give it a try once... everyone is different and you don't know sometimes when you read a bad review... it could have also just been a bad day...

I"m glad you had a good experience...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #207
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
We love Phineas and Ferb! Can't wait to meet them on our spring trip! Love the "strike a pose" pics!

Sorry about RnRC. That really stinks!

My family loved Sci Fi as well. I hesitated, like you, due to the reviews. But i wholeheartedly agree with you about reviews. Everyone has different experiences and expectations. Unless a place gets consistently BAD reviews, I kind of take them with a grain of salt. You know your family and what they enjoy so go for it!
I'm so glad we made it a priority to visit Phineas and Ferb this trip. They were so much fun! Noah was all about meeting the characters this time which I was so happy about!

Yay for a spring trip!!! I'm so glad that you are going to be able to go back!!

We were sad about RNRC.....but it gives us something to look forward to next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I am loving the pictures of the two of your with Phineas and Ferb! It's nice to see you in the pictures.

I'm glad to hear that you guys liked Sci-Fi. It's one of our favorites! It's not really about the food there, it's more about the atmosphere which is really neat.
Thanks Lisa!!

We loved Sci-Fi! I had read before the trip that as long as you stick to the burgers and shakes then you probably wouldn't be disappointed with the food. We were happy with our meal and of course loved the atmosphere! So much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
So jealous you got to meet P&F! I've just recently become a fan of that show (well watching it when my son does), so I didn't seek them out in July. Next time though for sure!

And just wondering....is that Goofy shirt your DS has on from Zazzle by any chance??
Noah has loved Phineas and Ferb since the show came out. When I found out before our trip that they were going to be in DHS, it was the first thing he requested we do. I'm so glad we did! It was a great meet and greet!

I got the Goofy shirt at the Disney store a couple years ago. It was actually Nick's to begin with but Noah had picked it out and wanted to wear it this trip.

Last edited by Angies1274; 10-17-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #208
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sci-Fi. We've eaten there a few times and have always thought it was fun. I completely agree with you-don't let other people's opinions influence yours! I know a lot of people said negative things about Mama Melrose's. Well, my dad, sister, and I ate there a few years ago and we thought it was good!
I can't count how many times I've put Sci-Fi on our list but then took it off because of the mixed reviews. I'm so glad we decided to give it a try this time. We really enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
oh wow ... you did two of my little man's favorite things....

Phineas & Ferb...(well he hasn't met them yet but he loves the show and he did get to participate in a Phineas and Ferb show in California Adventure last summer...

& Sci Fi... those film clips are so fun... and the whole atmosphere...love it there...

I agree with you on the reviews... I've read some really bad food reviews but we've always had good food... we've mostly stuck with the burgers and shakes but they've always been good... and the atmosphere in there is an attraction in itself...

I agree that you have to decide and if you think you'd like something you should always at least give it a try once... everyone is different and you don't know sometimes when you read a bad review... it could have also just been a bad day...

I"m glad you had a good experience...
Aww...we love Phineas and Ferb. So cool that your son got to participate in the show at California Adventure!!!

After reading so many mixed reviews on Sci-Fi, I just decided to go for it. It's someplace we have wanted to try for so long. I figured we would order the shakes and burgers because they seemed to be rated well...for the most part and just enjoy the atmosphere. I'm so glad we did! It ended up becoming one of our favorite places to eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm so glad you liked Sci Fi. We haven't been there since 2004 but loved it then! It was a perfect place for lunch.

The jumping (no jump) picture attempt cracked me up. That is exactly what would happen if I tried that shot!
Sci-Fi was definitely a fun place for lunch!! It was a nice break that afternoon and really an attraction all on it's own! I'm so glad we gave it a chance!

I have seen those jumping pics in many TR's and thought how hard can it be. Well.....I don't know if it was me or my camera but we couldn't make it work. It was too funny!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #209
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie! Don't you just love the Phineas and Ferb meet? We have such a blast! We had some technical difficulties with the singing in the rain umbrella too... of course the gentleman who used it after I did sure knew what to do as I was stepping away from it.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #210
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Yep, I was right! Isn't P&F a fun meet? We had a great time with them

Glad to hear you enjoyed Sci-Fi...it is tentatively on my list for our next family trip. We've never really explored Streets of America, better add that to the next time list too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: