Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #181
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I agree that Studios is a difficult park... the layout, the timing... between the rides and the shows... sometimes is tough to coordinate...I'm a fan of the old Hollywood vibe though...

I just finally got up my nerve up to ride ToT last year in Disneyland... I'm not a super big fan of the drops but the overall experience is so cool... That it's worth it...

Sorry about RnRC... that's on my never have down must do on my upcoming trip... I've finally decided it's time to do it... it's the last Dis Thrill ride that I have to do...

Is TSM still that crazy...? Last time we were there in 2009...it was new... and I was in fear for people's lives... I'd never seen a stampede like that in any Disney park... It was actually frightening... I don't totally get it.... It's a fun ride and all but I'm not sure its worth that craziness...

Nice pictures with Goofy and Pluto...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #182
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I am a little behind so I hope I remember everything!

Thanks so much for the POP pictures!! Seeing others' pictures makes me excited for our trip in a few weeks. I am slightly nervous that Keith will not like it but I am hoping once he gets there he will appreciate the differences from the mods. I am just glad he hasn't stayed at a Deluxe yet because he would be very picky!! Last night he mentioned sleeping in on some mornings and I told him if I wasn't there I was just walking around somewhere. I love the early morning touring of resorts! I was glad to hear POP is quiet in the mornings too...one thing I love about PO is how quiet and peaceful the mornings are!

I always plan mini-golf but it never works out for us. I do have it planned this time but I am so torn between which one to do!!

That bread pudding looks so good and just like Ohana's!! Good job!! I have decided that since my kids aren't going on our trip in a few weeks and are being okay with it, I am hoping to get a F&WF cookbook and the plan is when we return I will make Disney meals for them. So I am holding off for the bread pudding until we return--now that we have Ohana ADRs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
[B]

While planning our trip, this was one of the days that I was looking most forward to, which actually surprised me since I have always had a love/hate thing for Hollywood Studios. Okay…not actually hate because I enjoy the park but I would have to say out of the four parks, it's always been my least favorite. The layout has always seemed a little confusing to me. It’s the one park that no matter how many times we’ve been I still need a map to navigate my way around. However, I have come to realize that over the years, I have grown to really like this park. A lot. There are so many great attractions! Toy Story Mania, Beauty and The Beast, Tower of Terror and Fantasmic just to name a few. We were hoping to experience a lot of new attractions this trip as well and I was so excited!

I really felt like you had jumped into my head and quoted me here! DHS has always been my least favorite park but Keith somehow really enjoys this one. But this trip we attacked it differently and I really began to appreciate it! I think having two days: 1) early for TSMM dash and stand-by and 2) a go with the flow day really works the best for us and made me appreciate this park so much more!!

I love ToT!!! I wasn't sure if you knew so I though I would share that!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #183
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, from everybody else's posts, it looks like you aren't alone in your love/hate relationship with Hollywood Studios. It can be a bit hard to navigate the park because of it's layout. Too bad you guys didn't get to ride RnRC but at least you got a ride in on the Tower of Terror.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #184
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I agree with your love/hate thing for DHS. I've always felt the same way.

Stink that RNRC was not open! But glad ToT was fantastic! Love that ride...we've never done it at night, but it sounds like we should try it!

I love when the older kids still love to meet the characters and embrace their inner child! Makes me !
Yeah...we were disappointed that RNRC was not open especially since we had finally decided to give it a try.

Oohh...you should definitely give ToT a try at night! It's so cool to look over the park all lit up!

I was so glad that Nick decided to meet Pluto and Goofy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I have a new found appreciation for DHS. We just breezed through it in Feb and 20 years ago it wasn't much. But this last trip with just my teenage cousin and no kids to worry about, it was much more appealing. Still haven't been on TSM (and don't really care to) and haven't seen Fantasmic yet. But we got to ride ToT, RnR, and StarTours for the first time. Yep, definitely growing on me Love all your pictures of it....I don't think I have a single pic from that day other than my Photopass.
That's exactly how I feel! The park is definitely growing on me! There are so many great attractions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Bib bummer about RnRC, hope it opened back up for you. Love the character pics, I don't think I've seen Goofy in that DHS outfit before, adorable!!!
I'm glad that we met up with Goofy and Pluto! It was a really nice surprise and almost made up for not getting to ride RNRC....almost.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #185
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I agree that Studios is a difficult park... the layout, the timing... between the rides and the shows... sometimes is tough to coordinate...I'm a fan of the old Hollywood vibe though...

I just finally got up my nerve up to ride ToT last year in Disneyland... I'm not a super big fan of the drops but the overall experience is so cool... That it's worth it...

Sorry about RnRC... that's on my never have down must do on my upcoming trip... I've finally decided it's time to do it... it's the last Dis Thrill ride that I have to do...

Is TSM still that crazy...? Last time we were there in 2009...it was new... and I was in fear for people's lives... I'd never seen a stampede like that in any Disney park... It was actually frightening... I don't totally get it.... It's a fun ride and all but I'm not sure its worth that craziness...

Nice pictures with Goofy and Pluto...
You're right! It can be hard at DHS to not only navigate the park but try and fit everything in. I think that's why when we first started going it was so frustrating. But, with each new trip and the ability to see more of the park we have really started enjoying it.

Yay for riding RNRC for the first time on your upcoming trip!

TSM is still that crazy! Which I really don't understand. I like the ride but I'm not so fond of having to run to it when we get to the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am a little behind so I hope I remember everything!

Thanks so much for the POP pictures!! Seeing others' pictures makes me excited for our trip in a few weeks. I am slightly nervous that Keith will not like it but I am hoping once he gets there he will appreciate the differences from the mods. I am just glad he hasn't stayed at a Deluxe yet because he would be very picky!! Last night he mentioned sleeping in on some mornings and I told him if I wasn't there I was just walking around somewhere. I love the early morning touring of resorts! I was glad to hear POP is quiet in the mornings too...one thing I love about PO is how quiet and peaceful the mornings are!

I always plan mini-golf but it never works out for us. I do have it planned this time but I am so torn between which one to do!!

That bread pudding looks so good and just like Ohana's!! Good job!! I have decided that since my kids aren't going on our trip in a few weeks and are being okay with it, I am hoping to get a F&WF cookbook and the plan is when we return I will make Disney meals for them. So I am holding off for the bread pudding until we return--now that we have Ohana ADRs!!!

I really felt like you had jumped into my head and quoted me here! DHS has always been my least favorite park but Keith somehow really enjoys this one. But this trip we attacked it differently and I really began to appreciate it! I think having two days: 1) early for TSMM dash and stand-by and 2) a go with the flow day really works the best for us and made me appreciate this park so much more!!

I love ToT!!! I wasn't sure if you knew so I though I would share that!!
Your trip is getting so close! You must be so excited! I think you'll like Pop. Yes, there is a lot of bright colors but it's such a fun resort. There's always something going on. But, honestly the mornings and late evenings are my favorite time when it's quieter and actually peaceful. One of the best things on our last trip was being able to go visit AoA whenever we wanted. We loved that!!

Okay..enough about Pop. Yay for mini-golf. We really enjoyed the summer course. But, I've heard that the winter course is fun too.

Great idea on making a Disney meal when you get back from your trip!

I think we'll have to try and schedule two days at DHS next trip. There is always so much we miss. I like your TSM dash day and another go with the flow day! It sounds perfect to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, from everybody else's posts, it looks like you aren't alone in your love/hate relationship with Hollywood Studios. It can be a bit hard to navigate the park because of it's layout. Too bad you guys didn't get to ride RnRC but at least you got a ride in on the Tower of Terror.
We were definitely disappointed that we didn't get to ride RNRC but I'm glad that we got to ride ToT and with hardly any wait! Love that ride!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #186
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Woody's Roundup... Come on, it's time to play!

"Woody's Roundup....Come on, it's time to play!" Toy Story

When I left off, we had just arrived at Hollywood Studios and grabbed fastpasses for Toy Story Mania, rode Tower of Terror, were disappointed to see Rock n’ Roller Coaster down but were able to spend some time with a couple of our favorite friends, Goofy and Pluto.

However, we still had a little bit of time before we could head over to use our fastpasses so we decided to slow down and take some pictures in front of the Sorcerer Hat. It was a beautiful morning and there really wasn’t that many people around. It was the perfect opportunity for a photo op.

A CM nearby offered to take a picture of all of us. I thought that was so nice of him!

We wandered back up the street and got a photopass picture

Sorry it’s so blurry…I’m not so good at taking a picture of a picture or in this case a calendar.

After getting our picture, we decided to wander back down Sunset Blvd. to see what was going on with RNRC.

Yes….we were determined to ride. At least I was. I could tell that each time we checked Noah was starting to change his mind so I was hoping that three times was the charm.

We finally made it over there to find that it was still closed. Boo

I decided to wander further in and get a picture since it was the first time we even made it over here.

At this point it was inching close to 9:00am, so we decided to head over to someplace completely new to us!
On the way-

The Great Movie Ride!

It wasn’t quite open yet so we had to wait outside for the doors to open. While we were waiting, we admired the handprints-

We spotted Stitch coming out-

Then it was finally time to make our way inside.

I tucked my camera away since it was the first time we had ever experienced this attraction and I wanted to just sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

And enjoy the ride we did!

I didn’t tell the boys or DH anything about this ride before we got on it and it was so cute to see the boy’s faces when our vehicle was taken over by the gangster. They definitely weren’t expecting it! The funniest part was when we entered the alien scene. DH was closest to the alien side and jokingly asked me later why I didn’t at least warn him. Oops….sorry. lol Anyway, it was a great ride. We all really liked it and were glad we finally gave it a try.

After enjoying the Great Movie Ride, we realized that our fastpasses were finally ready for use so we made our way over.

A short time later, we were seeing some of our favorite sights at Hollywood Studios!

We handed over our fastpasses and made our way inside-

Continued in next post—

Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #187
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Woody's Roundup... Come on, it's time to play! Part 2

Continued from previous post--

As we were standing and waiting, we quickly decided who was going to ride with whom. Nick and I are very competitive and knew that we wanted to battle it out. Noah was happy to ride with DH. They are both easy going and really were there just to have fun.

Glasses on and we’re off!

Honestly, it was so close all the way through the ride. Nick took the lead and then I caught up. Then he took the lead again but at the end I pulled off the win. Nick was definitely disappointed and had to point out that at least his accuracy was better. Okay…I’ll give him that.

When we got outside, Nick requested a rematch but when we saw the stand-by line and checked out the fastpass time which was already late into the afternoon we decided to skip it.

Besides, it was getting close to ten and we had plans or at least Noah and I did to do something he had requested while I was planning the trip.

We made our way over while DH and Nick decided to take off on their own to look around.

As we were walking by the American Idol Experience, Noah pointed out David Cook up on the big screen. Aww….he knows how much I liked him in his season.

I was hoping to make our way over to Star Tours later on, so I guess I must have snapped a picture as a reminder.

We made our way over near Muppets.

We’re getting closer…..

We spotted them up ahead. Noah was so excited! He grabbed my hand and away we went to meet two of his favorite characters. Any guess who?

Next up—A meet and greet and wandering around the Studios.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #188
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

cute hat pictures! But a big bummer that RRnC was still down. I love that you didn't tell them anything about the GMR, that makes it far more fun.

Jeff always thinks he hasn't been on it, till we go on it, and I never correct him ahead of time.

Your update just made me realize....my "new" diagnosis of tennis elbow and the fact that I can't get a cortisone shot till after my return doesn't bode well for my performance on TSM!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #190
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Oooh, the bread pudding looks yummy, good for you for making it

Spending the evening relaxing at Pop sounds great, definitely going to work in a slow evening like that next time.

Too bad RNR was down but for TOT! I have yet to ride the GMR, I may be able to work it into the plans for the Princess Half weekend. TSM is always fun

I'm pretty sure I know who you are headed to meet
Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #191
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

I am still following along Angie! Love all the pics in front of the hat! They all turned out wonderful!! The Ohana Desert looks fantastic!!! Fun to be able to recreate it at home!!!! Looking forward to the next meet & greet
-Beth
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #192
solana131
DIS Veteran

Ok, so.....I've never done TSM Yep, I'm one of those people. But I just never really liked HS and never saw the point to being there at rope drop and then later in the day it was too busy. Is it really THAT much different than Buzz at MK? I know it's 3D and all, but if your little one didn't like Toy Story (mine hates the movie) is it worth trying to get there for rope drop someday?

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #193
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

can't wait to see who it was??? Muppets?
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 10-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #194
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
cute hat pictures! But a big bummer that RRnC was still down. I love that you didn't tell them anything about the GMR, that makes it far more fun.

Jeff always thinks he hasn't been on it, till we go on it, and I never correct him ahead of time.

Your update just made me realize....my "new" diagnosis of tennis elbow and the fact that I can't get a cortisone shot till after my return doesn't bode well for my performance on TSM!
Thanks!

We really enjoyed the GMR!! I had read mixed reviews but I'm glad we gave it a try!

Your trip is so close!! You must be so excited! Sorry about your tennis elbow though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
What a great update!! We really enjoy The Great Movie Ride. I know a lot of people don't like it too much but we always find it fun!

The family pictures in front of the hat were great!!
Thank you! I was surprised that the GMR gets such mixed reviews. We really liked it! Then again, I love all dark rides at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Oooh, the bread pudding looks yummy, good for you for making it

Spending the evening relaxing at Pop sounds great, definitely going to work in a slow evening like that next time.

Too bad RNR was down but for TOT! I have yet to ride the GMR, I may be able to work it into the plans for the Princess Half weekend. TSM is always fun

I'm pretty sure I know who you are headed to meet
The bread pudding was so good!! I need to make it again really soon!

We really enjoyed our relaxing night at Pop. It was just what we needed!

I'm surprised that it took us 5 trips before we tried the GMR. It was always one of those attractions that seemed to get overlooked. I'm glad we tried it! The boys loved it! You should definitely try to work it into your plans next trip.

Hmm...I have feeling you do know who we were heading to meet! (since I know you visited them as well on your Christmas trip.)

Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #195
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
I am still following along Angie! Love all the pics in front of the hat! They all turned out wonderful!! The Ohana Desert looks fantastic!!! Fun to be able to recreate it at home!!!! Looking forward to the next meet & greet
-Beth
Hi Beth!

Thanks! I'm really happy with how the pictures in front of the hat turned out! I wish we would have stopped more often on our trip to get pictures as a family. It was so much fun making the bread pudding from Ohana. The boys loved it!! Actually, we all did! It was so yummy!

Oh..and I can't remember if I commented on your ticker before or if you just added it. But, YAY for going to Disneyland!! So exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Ok, so.....I've never done TSM Yep, I'm one of those people. But I just never really liked HS and never saw the point to being there at rope drop and then later in the day it was too busy. Is it really THAT much different than Buzz at MK? I know it's 3D and all, but if your little one didn't like Toy Story (mine hates the movie) is it worth trying to get there for rope drop someday?
We love TSM. But, we also really like all the Toy Story movies. However, if your little guy doesn't enjoy the movie than I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle. As much as we like the ride, I don't understand why it's still so crazy. Really..the only difference is the fact that it's 3D but there are some fun elements like being sprayed by water when you pop the balloons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
can't wait to see who it was??? Muppets?
Not the Muppets. But, that would have been fun!!

Update coming up soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: