Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Go with the Flow....A Summer Trip to Remember! July 2012~ **Completed**

Hello! and to my 4th trip report! We just got back from a wonderful trip to the world. Yes, it was hot, crowded and the tour groups were everywhere but we still had an amazing time!!! I’m not going to sugar coat it and say every moment was perfect because the heat certainly made us more tired and grumpy many times during the trip but we persevered and we were able to accomplish a lot. If you happened to read my PTR, you know that I am a planner…maybe an over planner if you will. When it comes to our Disney trips, I like to know what we are eating, where we are going and so on. I guess my goal is to avoid those conversations that go something like this….”Where do you want to go?” ….”I don’t know?” and back and forth. We usually stick to a plan and it works for us or at least it did on our other trips. But, we found out that going in the summer is different….very different. Between the heat and the crowds, there were many times that you needed to just “go with flow”. Hence the title of this trip report. Needless to say plans got changed many, many times on this trip. But, when we got stressed or things didn’t go as planned we took a deep breath and kept going. I think in the end it made an even more relaxed and enjoyable trip for all of us.

So, who are we?

Well, I’m a 38 year old stay at home mom, who just graduated college in the spring. It took me long enough to go back but I’m so happy I did. I love all things Disney and always have but my love for Walt Disney World didn’t begin until 5 years ago when we took our first trip. When I have time my other passions include traveling, scrapbooking and reading. Something I would love to do one day is run in the half marathon at Disney…definitely a goal of mine for the near future. My favorite character is Mickey and I love the classic Disney movies like Lady and the Tramp and Peter Pan but I also love the new Pixar movies as well such as Finding Nemo and UP. My favorite rides would be Peter Pan, Soarin’ and Tower of Terror.

My DH is definitely a more laid back kind of guy. He’s very easy going and is happy to sit back and let me plan our trips. He doesn’t like crowds which surprised me when he agreed to a summer trip. His favorite characters are Grumpy and Donald Duck. I’m not sure if he has favorite Disney movie but he enjoys watching them as much as the boys and I do. He loves BTMRR especially at night and his favorite night time show would definitely be Fantasmic.

Nick is my oldest and just turned 12 before this trip. We could definitely see the change in him this trip as he inches closer to becoming a teenager. Gone are the days of getting up at the crack of dawn at Disney ready and willing to head to the parks. He was all about wanting to sleep in this trip. Nick is my quiet one. He does excellent in school, is in band and chorus and enjoys playing basketball and soccer. He graduated from sixth grade in June and is on his way to Jr. High this fall. Nick’s favorite character is Goofy. He loves BTMRR and Space Mountain.

Noah is 9 and my youngest. Noah is a very sweet boy and my daredevil. He loves thrill rides and I’m happy that he does. I finally have someone to ride with since both DH and Nick don’t enjoy them. Noah is an excellent student and loves to read. He also loves to swim and take pictures. He brought along his camera this trip and got some great shots! Noah’s favorite character is Goofy and his favorite movie is Hercules. He loves Splash Mountain, BTMRR, ToT and Dinosaur.

A picture of the boys together...during a rare moment when they were actually getting along.

So, now that you know who we are I’m sure you are wondering about the details of the trip. We stayed at Pop Century and our travel dates were July 9-July 16 2012. If you are interested in learning more about us or our trip you can check out my PTR.All you need is to believe...Our Sizzling Summer Getaway July 2012 I took a ton of pictures and can’t wait to share them with all of you. I hope you decide to join me!!

And now we invite you to relax and enjoy the ride….. We’ll be home soon.

Last edited by Angies1274; 01-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Handy Chapter Links!!

July 9-10, 2012
Arrival Day/Downtown Disney
I Can Go The Distance--Part 1 and Part 2-- posted 7/24
When There's a Smile in Your Heart--Part 1 and Part 2--posted 7/26

July 16, 2012
Epcot
You'll be in my heart....(Part 1) and Part 2 posted 12/3

Final Thoughts posted 12/12

Last edited by Angies1274; 12-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I am soooo excited to hear all about the trip!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to reading along! We head to Pop in 18 days for our first summer trip (other two were March). Any good Pop tips or other??
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * March 2015 Disney Dream

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

YAY! I'm here and ready for this TR! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Cant wait to see more

Old 07-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

haha, I think it's funny how you said you try to avoid the comments like "Where do you want to go?" because that happens with us a lot! I guess that's what happens when you go as often as we do!

Anyways...I'm here!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm here! I am soooo excited to hear all about the trip!
Yay!! So glad you are here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Joining in!!
Hi Amy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters2WDW View Post
Looking forward to reading along! We head to Pop in 18 days for our first summer trip (other two were March). Any good Pop tips or other??

You'll have a great time!! Is this your first time staying at Pop? The one big tip that I can share is that the food court is crazy in the morning. As long as we got there before 7:30, we were okay but any later and we had a hard time finding a place to sit.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
YAY! I'm here and ready for this TR! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hi Missy!! So glad you joined in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Cant wait to see more

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, I think it's funny how you said you try to avoid the comments like "Where do you want to go?" because that happens with us a lot! I guess that's what happens when you go as often as we do!

Anyways...I'm here!
Glad you are here!!

That's too funny! Actually, the only reason I try to avoid those comments is because my guys have the hardest time making a decision! By the time they decide we could have done two or three things.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay!! So glad you are here!!

Hi Amy!!

You'll have a great time!! Is this your first time staying at Pop? The one big tip that I can share is that the food court is crazy in the morning. As long as we got there before 7:30, we were okay but any later and we had a hard time finding a place to sit.

First time at Pop!! We are usually a breakfast in the room type of group other than filling our mugs! What building did you stay in? Did you like it?
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * March 2015 Disney Dream

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Old 07-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Happily awaiting more, as we are going to POP for the first time in September. Your intro was fun and I'm looking forward to more!! If the pictures in your intros are anything like those to come, this should be a fantastic trip report!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters2WDW View Post
First time at Pop!! We are usually a breakfast in the room type of group other than filling our mugs! What building did you stay in? Did you like it?
We stayed in the 80's section this time. I didn't put a request in but I kind of wish I did. We've stayed in the 80's before but we were facing the parking lot. Which was actually a quick walk to the bus stop and we really liked that. But, this time we were in building 7, behind the pool and it was quite a walk to the bus stop and Classic Hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Happily awaiting more, as we are going to POP for the first time in September. Your intro was fun and I'm looking forward to more!! If the pictures in your intros are anything like those to come, this should be a fantastic trip report!!!

I'm so glad you joined in! You're going to love POP! It's such a fun resort!!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Can't wait to hear all about your trip Angie!! My birthday is July 10 so I always wondered what it would be like in WDW that time of year! I knew the boys had grown from your PTR but I could really see it in the family picture!! (which is an awesome pic!!!) Looking forward to reading!!!!!

~Beth
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Can't wait to read along! I too have 2 DSs. Mine are still little so I'l be reading to find out what I have in store for me in the future!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: