Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

POP vs Music

On the verge of booking our FD reservations. POP is $150 more than music for two standard rooms. Besides being able to walk over to AoA and themeing, are there any other reasons some like POP better? I think I read that there is a pool bar at POP, right? Anything else?
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at POP and sports. We much prefer POP, mostly due to better bus service. Shorter trips to MK and EPCOT and doesn't share like the three all stars sometimes do. Better pools I think, and just seemed more disney to us. Now that is personal opinion but we really like POP better and would pay the extra $ 150. I would pay like $300 more I don't think but for a small amount of money I would do POP. You will enjoy either way so have a great trip and enjoy!!!
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Music is a great resort but with the changes being made at Sports right now, it looks like it has an impact on Music...

Also, it depends who you are travelling with. Music has a lot of enternainment around the pool daytime and they show a movie every night.

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator

Crime Scene: Do Not Cross
I Live For CSI:

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS View Post
On the verge of booking our FD reservations. POP is $150 more than music for two standard rooms. Besides being able to walk over to AoA and themeing, are there any other reasons some like POP better? I think I read that there is a pool bar at POP, right? Anything else?
We have stayed at POP and the All Star Resorts numerous times and we always go with POP now. We love the atmosphere at POP, better bus service because you aren't sharing bus service with other resorts (sometimes the All Stars will have their own designated bus, but a lot of time they group all three All Stars together), and we love the pools at POP.

soccercruiser87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
yankeesusa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS
I didn't think it would be that much different. The pricing is about the same I thought. I don't think it's worth that much. The only thing maybe is buses. Pop does have their own bus line and doesn't share with other resorts like music. Other than that maybe the theming is better at pop. But for a difference of $150 I don't think so. You can use that money for other fun stuff like a restaurant, souvenirs or shopping.
yankeesusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
calnmace
Mouseketeer

We much prefer POP, and would personally pay the difference without giving it a second thought. Its by far our favorite value resort. We prefer the buses, theming, food court, pools and have always had great experiences with the POP cast members.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. As far as the buses are concerned, we have stayed at Movies and Sports during a much busier season than early November and they weren't too bad for us. I just did not know what else POP offered that might help me make the decision. Being able to walk over to and explore AoA is a big selling point for me, so I might still switch POP. As of now, I have made our initial reservations for Music. I really enjoyed Movies and will not stay at Sports again, so I know that values can have different experiences.

To the PP that asked about the price difference, we reserved two rooms for seven nights and the price difference was $150 between the two, so POP is about $11 more per room per night. I think they may have priced POP higher now that AoA is open and they are linked together by the bridge.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
GadgetTheInventor
Mouseketeer

My family loved being so close to AoA. It really is a place that should be explored both during the day and night, because the feel drastically changes. It can be a bit of a walk, so we split up our explorations over there across several days. One time we went over and explored the one side and then ate breakfast and headed off to a park from the bus stop there, and we did the reverse one evening before heading back to our room at the POP.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Location, location, location!!! Closer ride to the parks and DTD. The food court is better. (And the CMs do a little dance there at 6pm which is cute.) Close to AoA. As for the pool bar, ASMu has one too. Unless it's severely cheaper, it's looking like POP for us unless I can book POR/CSR for a good price.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

We prefer POP over any of the values. Closeness to AOA means nothing to us, we just love POP.
They have activities & movies at the Hippy Dippy pool there too.
The only way I would ever stay at ASMU again would be if I had a preferred room. The one time we stayed there we were out in the farthest room in the farthest building from anything, lol.
Even the standard rooms at POP are not too far to walk all over the resort.

Book Challenge Goal 72/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: