Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
act1980
DIS Veteran

3 - 4 bedroom resorts like Bonnet Creek

Hi everyone,

Could someone please list any resorts in the Orlando area that have at least 3 bedrooms.

I am aware of LBV Resort, Blue Heron, World Quest & Floridays. It's not too much of an issue if it's further away from Disney. I would just like to get quotes for other resorts to see what works out better for us.

Thanks and happy planning!!
Wyndham Bonnet Creek: 19/10-3/11/11, Windsor Hills: 10/9-1/10/08, Remington Golf Club: 8-22/5/07, Windwood Bay: 10-17/11/05, Hampton Lakes: 28/4-12/5/04, Bridgewater Crossing: 14-28/1/03, Calabay Parc: 1-8/12/01, Holiday Inn 192: 26/6-3/7/01
act1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
sazzifrazz
Mouseketeer

Windsor hills is a community with condos, townhouses and homes. A 3 bedroom/3 bath townhouse has a private splash pool for around $100 a night. There is a resort pool with basic water slide also. i would check vrbo.com
sazzifrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

A few more I can think of off the top of my head......

Mike Ditka Runaway Beach Club (Kissimmee), Holiday Inn Orange Lake (Kissimmee), and Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa (Orlando).

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Imperial Palms

here is Interval International Resort here there list - you have to look at each individual one to see if there 3 bedroom

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?...eaName=Florida, Orlando

here is RCI - again you need to look to see which are 3-bedroom

http://www.rci.com/RCI/rdg/searchResults.do

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

One of my favorite maps is here The Dibb
It's a list of villas/communities like Windsor Hills.

But it does list 'LIki Tiki' which is more like WBC. I'm not sure why some are on there and some (aka Cypress Pointe) aren't. But it gives a WHOLE LOT to chose from.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
act1980
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies!

Some of the resorts mentioned are a quite dated. I would like something more modern if possible.

The chances are we will just return to BC but I just wanted to see what else was out there
Wyndham Bonnet Creek: 19/10-3/11/11, Windsor Hills: 10/9-1/10/08, Remington Golf Club: 8-22/5/07, Windwood Bay: 10-17/11/05, Hampton Lakes: 28/4-12/5/04, Bridgewater Crossing: 14-28/1/03, Calabay Parc: 1-8/12/01, Holiday Inn 192: 26/6-3/7/01
act1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

We're going to stay at Silver Lake Resort in a 3-bedroom unit in Feb. I don't believe they have any 4-bedroom units.
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Friends of ours just stayed at the Lighthouse Key resort and had a 3br. They said it was beautiful. Other friends stayed at Cyress Palms.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Because of competition in Orlando, most of the resorts remodel often, so age is not really a problem in most cases.

Mystic Dunes, Summer Bay, Hilton Grand Vacations (two locations), most of the Westgates, two of the Marriotts at Marriott World Center. It would almost be easier to list the ones that don't have three bedrooms. Not many that I know of have four bedrooms. Lighthouse Key has four bedrooms. We stayed in one Christmas a couple of years ago and it was huge.

I think you'd be better off with two 2-bedrooms anyway. I assume you would have multiple families involved if you needed a 4-bedroom. Having two units would give you some privacy and be more flexible.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
maganda
Mrs. Mike Wazowski

There are lots of beautiful rental villas that offer similar amenities. Emerald Isle is really nice and pretty close by. Not sure when you're going but I've rented a 7 br / 5 ba villa with private pool for $1000/week in October. Four of the bedrooms had king beds with ensuite bath. EI also has a resort pool, game room, lounge area, etc.

The nice thing about a rental villa vs a hotel-type resort is the ability to park right outside your door, and have laundry facilities in your rental.
Star Wars Weekend
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland (19.3)
2014 adventures:
Marathon Weekend (26.2)
Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day
Wine & Dine Half Marathon
maganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maganda View Post
The nice thing about a rental villa vs a hotel-type resort is the ability to park right outside your door, and have laundry facilities in your rental.
All of the 3br timeshare type units will also have a washer and dryer, in my experience. That's a big advantage to me. We pack only a few clothes and throw in a load of clothes whenever we're hanging around the condo.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Back in 2001 we stayed at a villa that was 3 bedrooms and they had 4 too. It was called Holiday Villas. Located in Kissimmee . Very close by. The villas were very nice. Www.******************

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
kathy884
DIS Veteran

Cypress Pointe and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas have tons of three bedroom units. This is where we go when we need a three bedroom timeshare. They have a great Lake Buena Vista location right near the Downtown Disney entrance sign and are even walking distance to some resturants.
kathy884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the replies!

Some of the resorts mentioned are a quite dated. I would like something more modern if possible.

The chances are we will just return to BC but I just wanted to see what else was out there
We've stayed at both Hilton Grand Vac Club properties and they are beautiful, not dated at all. Also we've never had a bad experience at anything with a Marriott name on it so I'd trust their timeshares to be modern too, though I can't say from personal experience there.
You could always look on tripadvisor.com. Lots of people post their pictures there.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
AnastasiaTremaine
"I will bring it back for science!!"

There is a resort called Reunion that's about 15-20 minutes off property that is exceptional. It was the first place I'd ever stayed outside of a Disney resort and although I was bummed to leave the purple signs that first time, I was quickly overcome by the brand-new gorgeousness of these fully-appointed condos. I know there is a hotel there, but the prices are significantly more expensive than the 2 & 3 bedroom individually-owned condos.

I used VRBO to find a place and was able to negotiate with an owner to get a ridiculously great price. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want! Reunion is huge, sprawling alongside a beautiful golf course, and there are plenty of empty units...so they need to fill them. The condos are huge, and had to have been built within the last two years. We wanted to move in permanently & already started planning a return for Thanksgiving!

If you have any questions or would like me to refer to you the guy I worked with (super-nice, super-attentive), pm me.

Good luck & have fun!