Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can you join us on 8/24 in NYC for this meet?
I'll be there with bells on! 4 25.00%
Maybe... 12 75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #241
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Thank you so much to everyone who made it out to this fundraiser, for all of your donations (which overwhelmed me with your generosity), for great conversations and laughs, for the love and support (which was not withdrawn) by the Dis Unplugged Team, for the efforts of my co-organizer Gillian.. I could go on and on.

I will say that my heart has been totally uplifted by this event, and even this morning, I feel so wonderful knowing that we raised so much money for GKTW. I have a few more people who have promised me straight donations this week that were unable to come out to the dinner, which altogether will put our total around $2500. I know that our donation will make a difference, and I want all of you to revel in that. The power of ten program is an incredibly wonderful thing.

Thank you all a million times, and I hope we can stay in touch!

Ginamarie
I absolutely echo all that Ginamarie wrote above.

Ginamarie. Planning this event with you was a wonderful experience, and I think we did a pretty good job for first-timers! Thank you so much! Let's hope to make this an annual event!

I want to thank all of you for coming last night, and for your generosity. I'm still kinda blown away by the whole thing, and will write something more cogent and concise once I've had a chance to process it all...but I wanted to make sure you all know how grateful I am for the whole experience. Meeting new people, raising all that money -- just amazing!

Kevin and John -- safe travels! Thank you SO much for coming, and for your extreme generosity. I honestly cannot thank you enough!

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll be relaxing on the couch and trying to decide what to plan next
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #242
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HootDad View Post
Huge thanks to Gillian and GinaMarie ! Charlotte and I had a terrific time. All the folks at our table were a fun bunch. I have to say, though, that I am appalled with myself because we left and I completely forgot to pay for my glass of wine! What a freeloader!
Don't worry about it HootDad, I covered ya. You can buy me a drink at the next meet
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #243
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

Jayme and I had such a good time. We are inspired to have a central pa GKTW meet. Maybe I cloud bribe everyone to come with fudge and chocolate.

If anyone wants to friend me on Facebook, pm me.

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #244
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention- I didn't have my camera with me last night and know that some of you took pictures. I'd be grateful for any pictures you guys could share with me! Just PM me and I can give you my email address.
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village Aug 2013 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #245
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

I do have some pics. Was thinking of posting them on the thread, but I can email them to whoever would like to see them, too. Just let me know.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #246
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

I know Jayme got some and will be posting them on Flickr and may post the link here.

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #247
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

I hardly took any photos at all. But these 2 came out OK.

The party room at Trattoria Trecolori

DISers are always so happily parting with their money!

I look forward to seeing other people's photos.

Join us for the NJ DIS Meet Weekend- click here for more details
wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #248
Ms. Belle
Today is my Unbirthday!

Gillian and Ginamarie,

Thank you for a wonderful evening! Zachary and I had a wonderful time. I know you put in alot of time and effort and it was well worth it. Try to come to the New England meet; it would be great to see you again!

Cathy
Old 08-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #249
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
I do have some pics. Was thinking of posting them on the thread, but I can email them to whoever would like to see them, too. Just let me know.
I just set-up a separate thread for the event photos

DR NYKCB (Ken)
kcb1dizbksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #250
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb1dizbksfan View Post
I just set-up a separate thread for the event photos

DR NYKCB (Ken)
Great photos! Thanks, Ken!

Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2982067
Old 08-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #251
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

congrats on such a great turnout!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #252
HootDad
Makes magical trips each year
I am now hooked. I want to do as many races as I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Don't worry about it HootDad, I covered ya. You can buy me a drink at the next meet
It's a deal!
Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/hootdad
I was on the podcast! Part 1: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/07/...sneyland-show/
Part 2: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/08/...sneyland-show/
Part 3: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/08/...sneyland-show/

HootDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #253
robinm1215
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say thanks to Gillian and Ginamarie for setting up the meet! I had a great time and it was nice to meet other DISers in the area.

Hope we can all do it again soon

robinm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #254
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say thanks for such a wonderful time! It was great and I'm so happy we raised so much money!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #255
BklynGirl
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say we had a wonderful time - it was so much fun talking with our tablemates; meeting Kevin (sorry we didn't get a chance to say to Hi to John too but I understand there were so many people to chat with!); the food was very good; so happy we were able to raise money for GKTW, and winning the snowglobe was the icing on the cake!

Thank you so much to Gina Marie and Gillian for doing an awesome job & being so welcoming!

Ken (kcb1dizbksfan) - just looked at the other thread with your pictures and they really came out great (one of the few I have of my daughter & I that we are both happy with ).

For someone like me who is very shy, this was a big adventure and everyone could not have been more warm & welcoming!

Thanks again to everyone - hope we can all do it again next year!
BklynGirl (Robin)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: