DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Online check in question?

We are at the time that we can do online check in. I went on my member page and when I hit the online check in button it brought me to Disney Experience page and asked that I log in there. Is this the only way to do online check in now?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

For WDW Resort Reservations, the primary on-line check-in site will be using MDE.

The other option is to use: MyDisneyReservation.com and manually enter your reservation information. If you do use this link, make sure you are not logged on to any Disney affiliated website.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
For WDW Resort Reservations, the primary on-line check-in site will be using MDE.

The other option is to use: MyDisneyReservation.com and manually enter your reservation information. If you do use this link, make sure you are not logged on to any Disney affiliated website.
Thanks, I didn't remember from the last time how we did it. It just seemed to me it was through the DVC website and not the regular Disney website. I am a little paranoid about passwords, etc. I have a different one for my Disney account than from my DVC member account.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

The link from the DVC member website no longer works. It isn't clear if this is by accident or design but it has been that way for most of this year.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
The link from the DVC member website no longer works. It isn't clear if this is by accident or design but it has been that way for most of this year.
Thanks, at least that does explain my thinking that it did work from the DVC member site in the past. As long as I know that and if this is the only way to do online check then I will do so. Another question if anyone knows: we have another family traveling with us - can we set it up so that their credit card is associated with their room cards and our credit card is associated with ours? Or is that not an option?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post

Thanks, at least that does explain my thinking that it did work from the DVC member site in the past. As long as I know that and if this is the only way to do online check then I will do so. Another question if anyone knows: we have another family traveling with us - can we set it up so that their credit card is associated with their room cards and our credit card is associated with ours? Or is that not an option?
You can but not through online check in you will need to do that at the desk when you get there.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
You can but not through online check in you will need to do that at the desk when you get there.
Is it still worth it to do the online check in even if we want to do that at the desk after? What I mean is will the room cards be printed and then need to be redone if we are doing different credit cards?
Old 09-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
What I mean is will the room cards be printed and then need to be redone if we are doing different credit cards?
They will likely need to be redone, but they've never seemed to care about that. I've never had the super-fast experience when doing online checkin that so many people think should happen or has happened to them, so I don't think they think it's any sort of big deal.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
They will likely need to be redone, but they've never seemed to care about that. I've never had the super-fast experience when doing online checkin that so many people think should happen or has happened to them, so I don't think they think it's any sort of big deal.
Last time we went to AKV in Nov. 2011 - we got off the magical express bus and as we entered the lodge there was CM who greeted us at the door and knew our names too! He had a folder with all our stuff in it and I never even went to the desk! But the other times I did go to the desk, I didn't have to wait too long either.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: