Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #211
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
this is scary: we were told by the concession people that the latest numbers are for a family of four to attend an AU football game, tickets,food, parking, etc, the cost is ~$500! One of my friends has a daughter that marches for Ga Tech, she says that the number is pretty accurate.Kelly, my oldest,attended the AU ULM game Saturday. Here's my breakdown: dress: $66, earrings:$22, shoes she had. IDK price of tickets they were a gift for her friends birthday but they were alumni tickets right behind the goal post. THey ate breakfast at BK before parking, and sodas were $6 each. SHe didn't eat until she got home. I'm flabbergasted!
HOLY COW! yes, ticket prices are outrageous! even when my brother worked for AU (he was supervisor of electrical services through Stanley), he could rarely get tickets. on those special days when he could, they were free, but he was always on call, if there was an electrical issue on campus. he still works for Stanley, but has been promoted, so he travels a lot and doesn't work at AU anymore.

$6 for a soda! wow! that's worse than WDW prices! LOL

we have a band exhibition tonight, and i'm DREADING paying all the fees - parking, admission, etc. then there's food. DH and i will stop and get something on the way, but we'll have to feed DD15 after the band performs, unless i can get her to eat before i drop her off at school. it's not a competition, just an exhibition, and it's been raining here for 2 days, so everything is going to be soaked, muddy and nasty. i was REALLY hoping it would be called off, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get my wish.
__________________
momof1princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #212
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,088

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess

HOLY COW! yes, ticket prices are outrageous! even when my brother worked for AU (he was supervisor of electrical services through Stanley), he could rarely get tickets. on those special days when he could, they were free, but he was always on call, if there was an electrical issue on campus. he still works for Stanley, but has been promoted, so he travels a lot and doesn't work at AU anymore.

$6 for a soda! wow! that's worse than WDW prices! LOL

we have a band exhibition tonight, and i'm DREADING paying all the fees - parking, admission, etc. then there's food. DH and i will stop and get something on the way, but we'll have to feed DD15 after the band performs, unless i can get her to eat before i drop her off at school. it's not a competition, just an exhibition, and it's been raining here for 2 days, so everything is going to be soaked, muddy and nasty. i was REALLY hoping it would be called off, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get my wish.
We had an out of town game Friday night, they arrived to find they were locked out of the stadium so they were not allowed to eat the Chik-fil-a thye brought until they got to the stands during first quarter. Came home that evening to find that someone had luckily just written on several of the cars belonging to band, football and cheerleaders (Kelly's include) Thankfully that was all because we had an incident two years back with broken windows and vandalism. Funny thing is there was a policeman there (?) Saturday she went to Auburn. Sunday they were in full (smelly) uniforms to perform at the circus. Yesterday they had practice until 5 (normally 6)and were supposed to perform at the grand re opening of one of the Chik-fil a s here (they'reour school's partner in education) thankfully that ws postponed/cancelled due to the rain that'snow moved over here (thank you!)
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #213
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,519

First weekend of BOA regionals..anyone going?
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #214
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
We had an out of town game Friday night, they arrived to find they were locked out of the stadium so they were not allowed to eat the Chik-fil-a thye brought until they got to the stands during first quarter. Came home that evening to find that someone had luckily just written on several of the cars belonging to band, football and cheerleaders (Kelly's include) Thankfully that was all because we had an incident two years back with broken windows and vandalism. Funny thing is there was a policeman there (?) Saturday she went to Auburn. Sunday they were in full (smelly) uniforms to perform at the circus. Yesterday they had practice until 5 (normally 6)and were supposed to perform at the grand re opening of one of the Chik-fil a s here (they'reour school's partner in education) thankfully that ws postponed/cancelled due to the rain that'snow moved over here (thank you!)
what an awful few days y'all have had!

our band director doesn't allow the kids to eat while in uniform-our uniform jackets are white with kelly green trim. so, if they want to eat at competitions, they have to do it before they get to school, or wait until after they perform (they change into jeans and band t-shirts afterward). i'm still holding out a small hope the exhibition will be canceled, but it's not looking good at this point.
__________________
momof1princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #215
klj27
DIS Veteran
 
klj27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
First weekend of BOA regionals..anyone going?
Our band will be in Louisville on Saturday.
__________________
"All this because two people fell in love."





"It's all good!"

'95 - Day Trip from Tampa : '97 - Villas at the Disney Institute : '98 - Boardwalk Villa : '00 - Downtown Disney : '02 - Downtown Disney : '03 - Downtown Disney : '05 - Port Orleans Riverside & Coronado Springs : '06 - Port Orleans Riverside, Wilderness Lodge & Vero Beach: '07 - Port Orleans Riverside : '08 - Port Orleans Riverside '10 Comort Inn LBV "11 Band Trip at the Rosen Plaza: '13 - Windsor Hills
klj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #216
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,088

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess

what an awful few days y'all have had!

our band director doesn't allow the kids to eat while in uniform-our uniform jackets are white with kelly green trim. so, if they want to eat at competitions, they have to do it before they get to school, or wait until after they perform (they change into jeans and band t-shirts afterward). i'm still holding out a small hope the exhibition will be canceled, but it's not looking good at this point.
We aren't supposed to eat either, white bibber pants, Navy jacket corded in red and silver vestee. Vestte-less right now as the company that made our new ones last year made inferior ones, the silver started peeling off immediately (imagine how the drummers' looked!) I was surprised he allowed it, was probably feeling sorry for them since they could have eaten on the ride over while they were in their shorts and shirts but they were told by the bus driver that they couldn't. THey were also not allowed to leave the school before 4pm because of buses while the football team was allowed to leave at 1:30!
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #217
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,088

Quote:
Originally Posted by klj27

Our band will be in Louisville on Saturday.
good luck! We would love to attend something like that but financially with the distance we'd have to travel it would never work.
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #218
klj27
DIS Veteran
 
klj27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
good luck! We would love to attend something like that but financially with the distance we'd have to travel it would never work.
Thanks! It will be an insanely long day. I am so glad I am doing pit crew this weekend and not chaperoning. The kids have to report at 6am, buses leave at 7:45 and they perform around noon. Prelim awards are around 5. If they don't make finals we get back to school around 7pm, if they do make finals we get back around 2am.
__________________
"All this because two people fell in love."





"It's all good!"

'95 - Day Trip from Tampa : '97 - Villas at the Disney Institute : '98 - Boardwalk Villa : '00 - Downtown Disney : '02 - Downtown Disney : '03 - Downtown Disney : '05 - Port Orleans Riverside & Coronado Springs : '06 - Port Orleans Riverside, Wilderness Lodge & Vero Beach: '07 - Port Orleans Riverside : '08 - Port Orleans Riverside '10 Comort Inn LBV "11 Band Trip at the Rosen Plaza: '13 - Windsor Hills
klj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #219
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by klj27 View Post
Our band will be in Louisville on Saturday.
good luck!

our little band could never afford to travel that far to compete, but i think it's really awesome that there are big competitions available!
__________________
momof1princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #220
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
We aren't supposed to eat either, white bibber pants, Navy jacket corded in red and silver vestee. Vestte-less right now as the company that made our new ones last year made inferior ones, the silver started peeling off immediately (imagine how the drummers' looked!) I was surprised he allowed it, was probably feeling sorry for them since they could have eaten on the ride over while they were in their shorts and shirts but they were told by the bus driver that they couldn't. THey were also not allowed to leave the school before 4pm because of buses while the football team was allowed to leave at 1:30!
sounds like a horrible miscommunication. our football team and cheerleaders get bus transportation to games for free, while the band has to pay the bus drivers, and pay for diesel fuel. not quite fair, but that's okay, i don't mind slingin' some concessions to cover expenses. my baby's worth it.
__________________
momof1princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #221
klj27
DIS Veteran
 
klj27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
good luck!

our little band could never afford to travel that far to compete, but i think it's really awesome that there are big competitions available!
We are one of the smallest bands at BOA comps. We have 49 instrumentalists and 16 guard members this year. Last year we were the only Class A band at regionals and didn't make finals. They considered us class champs though and we had to perform in exhibition before finals. At least there is one other A band in Louisville this weekend.
__________________
"All this because two people fell in love."





"It's all good!"

'95 - Day Trip from Tampa : '97 - Villas at the Disney Institute : '98 - Boardwalk Villa : '00 - Downtown Disney : '02 - Downtown Disney : '03 - Downtown Disney : '05 - Port Orleans Riverside & Coronado Springs : '06 - Port Orleans Riverside, Wilderness Lodge & Vero Beach: '07 - Port Orleans Riverside : '08 - Port Orleans Riverside '10 Comort Inn LBV "11 Band Trip at the Rosen Plaza: '13 - Windsor Hills
klj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #222
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question
 
PrincessKsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,175

Thanks for everyone who mentioned color guard and how they should be included. I'm hoping as the year goes on and they spend more time together (practice/parade/competition/game) 6 out of 7 days a week, minimum 2-1/2 to 3 hours each time, they'll gel and become more of an "all for one" kind of group. DD is still enjoying herself immensely and wouldn't think of dropping guard for anything. It's a huge time commitment but she's loving it!
__________________
7/79 - Off site; 7/80 - Off site; 11/98 - Off site; 1/05 - CBR; 2/06 - ASMovies; 8/08 - ASMovies; 8/09 - CBR; 4/10 - CBR

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #223
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda
 
FlightlessDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 11,514

Our football team is currently 0 - 3.

Middle school band night is this week. While our band does allow kids in the middle school into the band under special circumstances, mostly it's 9 - 12 graders.

Kids in the middle school concert band are invited to play i the stands with the marching band, and play a few songs on the field with the band. The band then does their full show after the game.
__________________
FlightlessDuck
DH of MouseEarsJenny

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #224
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda
 
FlightlessDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 11,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
First weekend of BOA regionals..anyone going?
We perform in competitions hosted by USBands (previously known as USSBA)
__________________
FlightlessDuck
DH of MouseEarsJenny

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #225
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!
 
marcyinPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
Our football team is currently 0 - 3.

.
Ours too....
__________________
10/93- off site(Holiday Inn Maingate East), 10/94- OKW, 10/97- off site (Doubletree Suites DD), 6/02- FW cabins,
5/04- POR (AB),
9/05-ASMo (Dh's 40th birthday trip!)- Free DDP, 5/07- POP!- DDP,
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: