Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #121
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan3333 View Post
Curious too - I called and asked about checking in on march 7th, and the person I spoke too thought we'd only get the discount that one day (as its the last day of the promo) not the whole week -- of this was wrong I'd love to know!
I can tell you that it didn't work this way for us for Spring 2012.

This past Spring they had free dining, and it ended on March 9th. We checked in on March 7th and were able to get the free dining discount for our whole trip. The CM told me that if your check in date was during the elligible time frame, you can apply it to your whole trip - we just had to check in no later than 3/9th.

So unless the rules/procedures have changed you should be fine.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #122
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post

This past Spring they had free dining, and it ended on March 9th. We checked in on March 7th and were able to get the free dining discount for our whole trip. The CM told me that if your check in date was during the elligible time frame, you can apply it to your whole trip - we just had to check in no later than 3/9th.

The FREE DINING program is radically different from a package like this and I suspect that is NOT how this offer works -- we'll know for sure next week when we can play around with reservations on the website.

Certainly for the room offer portion .. the dates are the dates. In the meantime, someone with a Disney Visa could call and confirm that with a reservationist for the package.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #123
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post

The wording is different for this discount though. For free dining I remember the wording said something like "if you vacation starts on or before *insert date here*" The wording for this discount states "Save up to 35% when you stay at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel for stays most nights 1/02—3/07/2013" I hope I am wrong though but on other threads people are stating that only those dates are being discounted.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #124
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
The FREE DINING program is radically different from a package like this and I suspect that is NOT how this offer works -- we'll know for sure next week when we can play around with reservations on the website.

Certainly for the room offer portion .. the dates are the dates. In the meantime, someone with a Disney Visa could call and confirm that with a reservationist for the package.
We have gotten a room only discount before too with the same principal over Thanksgiving.

So while I'm not saying it WILL work this way, I am saying it HAS worked this way before.

I am far from trying to say I know what is going to happen, my intent was to share my personal experience - and suggest it was worth pursuing.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #125
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Well, is anyone going later in March still hopeful something will come out later for us? Or am I just fooling myself......
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #126
Nana Julie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Well, is anyone going later in March still hopeful something will come out later for us? Or am I just fooling myself......
I am right there with you
Nana Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #127
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63

We have gotten a room only discount before too with the same principal over Thanksgiving.

So while I'm not saying it WILL work this way, I am saying it HAS worked this way before.

I am far from trying to say I know what is going to happen, my intent was to share my personal experience - and suggest it was worth pursuing.
Oh absolutely... I completely get ya!

These discount offer releases are DIFFICULT. The way they come out and get shared around and details get lost and sometimes the stuff you think you've totally got an understanding of.. gets changed.. and I throw MYSELF into that bucket for sure.

Personally, I can't wait til its up on the Disney Website and I am free to just go and run the different options myself and see the outcomes and make my choices that way. Phone reservations make me ansty.. I have had some bad experiences let's just say.

Knox

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #128
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
So disappointed our dates aren't included . I hope something comes out in Nov/Dec. Either way were are still going, just more challenging to keep it in budget. More breakfast and lunches in the room.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #129
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

I cant wait for it to be up on the site. I wish I could play around now. I dont quite get the package deal, and if I went with the room package it would almost be worth switching to the Poly from AKL. I have dreamed of staying at Poly. The pool view room at AKL isnt covered anyways. Now I am just impatient. Wishing I could run the numbers and have it booked. Hoping to save something. Pretty sure it wont be as big a savings as FD tho.
Now to keep my fingers crossed I can get poly... its the last week of feb, first week of March, so I cant imagine it will be too bad... I hope lol
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #130
km3jones
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom

I have a Disney Visa, how come I didn't hear about this??

If you already have a reservation can you call and get it changed to take advantage of this offer? Our dates are Mar 1 - 9 so it would cover most of our trip!

Thank goodness for the DIS!!
My dates are about the same, March 2-9 and I called and got the discount, saved over $700:-) it took me pushing the rep because it took several tries for her to get it to give the discount correctly, but she was super nice and it took about 15 mins on hold and 20-25 with rep to get it right, but so worth it, good luck.
km3jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #131
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
So disappointed our dates aren't included . I hope something comes out in Nov/Dec. Either way were are still going, just more challenging to keep it in budget. More breakfast and lunches in the room.
Same with us. When I called this AM to check on the dates, the CM said it was too early yet for late March and to keep watching the website. I don't put too much stock in what the CM's say, but since both discounts stop on March 7th and nothing after that, that leaves me a little more hopeful that something might still come out. Either way, I am getting on a plane on March 21st and heading to warm, sunny, Florida!!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #132
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly

Same with us. When I called this AM to check on the dates, the CM said it was too early yet for late March and to keep watching the website. I don't put too much stock in what the CM's say, but since both discounts stop on March 7th and nothing after that, that leaves me a little more hopeful that something might still come out. Either way, I am getting on a plane on March 21st and heading to warm, sunny, Florida!!
Edit-saw the other threads.....

Sent from my iP

Last edited by glass half full; 10-04-2012 at 08:36 PM.
glass half full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #133
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by km3jones View Post
My dates are about the same, March 2-9 and I called and got the discount, saved over $700:-) it took me pushing the rep because it took several tries for her to get it to give the discount correctly, but she was super nice and it took about 15 mins on hold and 20-25 with rep to get it right, but so worth it, good luck.
Do you know if you got your discount for the full stay, or were the 8th and 9th full price? Trying I figure out if it's worth moving our check in to the 7th, or if we'd only get one day of savings.

Thanks!
Disneyfan3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #134
ljcraw555
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPooh View Post
I couldnt help but notice your dates went past the 7th... did they honor the package until the 11th? Or are you paying rack rates for those days?
I'm actually not sure. I was on the phone for quite awhile and didn't really know WHAT the discount was at that point. I just told her I was a Disney Visa card holder and she started checking the dates and resort I gave her. I will also play around with it once it goes live on the website. IMO, it is so much easier to do that way. Wish there was a way to enter the Visa discount code on the website.
March 2012 - CSR
May 2010 - Offsite - Windsor Hills
May 2009 - ASMu - Family Suite - AWESOME!
October 2007 - Pop Century / June 1994 - CBR

ljcraw555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #135
km3jones
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan3333

Do you know if you got your discount for the full stay, or were the 8th and 9th full price? Trying I figure out if it's worth moving our check in to the 7th, or if we'd only get one day of savings.

Thanks!
Sorry, not sure?!?! when i called she re-confirmed what i had already booked and how much it was. then once she re-did with the discount she just gave me a new total and I didn't think to ask how it was applied, the whole set of days or the qualifying days? I'd say its definitely worth a call and have them check. They were super nice, I kept asking them to run all kinds of scenarios. Good luck!
km3jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: