Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #91
poohmickey
Mouseketeer

Location: West Coast - more than 3,000 miles from WDW - but that won't stop us!

Some schools have spring breaks in March (most Oregon schools) and others have spring breaks the week before or after Easter, and Easter is March 31 2013.

poohmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #92
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohmickey View Post
Some schools have spring breaks in March (most Oregon schools) and others have spring breaks the week before or after Easter, and Easter is March 31 2013.

In Canada, many provinces have their breaks in March. That's why I'm planning to go in March!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #93
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Well, I ALMOST just bit the bullet and booked for 3/21-3/31. I was hoping for a AAA discount but the total was only $70.00 less than rack rate. Only the first three days were discounted. I hesitated at the almost $3000.00 price tag for a ROOM (moderate). I told her no way, too expensive. She told me to check back around October 1st in the Special Offers section......here's hoping.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #94
ekmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Well, I ALMOST just bit the bullet and booked for 3/21-3/31. I was hoping for a AAA discount but the total was only $70.00 less than rack rate. Only the first three days were discounted. I hesitated at the almost $3000.00 price tag for a ROOM (moderate). I told her no way, too expensive. She told me to check back around October 1st in the Special Offers section......here's hoping.
That sounds promising. I'm booked for 1st week of March with AAA discount at YC but unless I get a better discount we may scale back to POR. Four adults makes deluxe even more expensive!
ekmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #95
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That will probably be tough.. those two weeks are ranked poorly for discounts due to Easter.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #96
Disney2013
Earning My Ears

We are booked for AoA 1suite and 2 standard rooms, march 15-24 with no discounts. Hoping something comes along!!
Disney2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #97
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariep26 View Post
That will probably be tough.. those two weeks are ranked poorly for discounts due to Easter.
Yes, I really wish our spring break was not next to Easter this year, but alas, it is. I thought I read on the DIS that people were getting AAA discounts for Easter Week, maybe I was dreaming. I checked a couple of different resorts and they weren't offering it at any of them, or it's sold out. I booked my airfare for the Thursday before the week leading up to Easter in hopes of snagging Free Dining. I know it was a gamble.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #98
ckdsnynt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopdog View Post
Silly me....I am so out of the Disney loop! I was semi-planning a trip for March thinking there would be NO crowds. Apparently I was wrong and need to re-think the plan.

What makes it crowded in March...is that Spring Break (I was thinking that would be in April). I definitely want to avoid crowds and want to go sometime between Feb and May, so what should I be shooting for?

We've always gone in late Sept/Early October but now that my son is playing football, it's not an option anymore
March is typically Spring Break month.
ckdsnynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #99
ctl
Mouseketeer

I made the mistake of going during Spring break.

I went during Spring break March 2011 and it wasn't pretty. I had made ADRs waaay ahead of time, but every restaurant was full and there were a lot of waits past the allotted reservation time (eg. LTT was almost 30 mins past time). There were a lot of crowds and it seemed like everyone from Texas was there (I think the whole state had spring break at the same time). Lines were long and people stayed in the park right up until closing and through EMH even with tiny kids in strollers. It was not my most pleasant WDW experience, but because of high school schedules we had to go then. If you can go a week earlier or later it would be less congested.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #100
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
I went during Spring break March 2011 and it wasn't pretty. I had made ADRs waaay ahead of time, but every restaurant was full and there were a lot of waits past the allotted reservation time (eg. LTT was almost 30 mins past time). There were a lot of crowds and it seemed like everyone from Texas was there (I think the whole state had spring break at the same time). Lines were long and people stayed in the park right up until closing and through EMH even with tiny kids in strollers. It was not my most pleasant WDW experience, but because of high school schedules we had to go then. If you can go a week earlier or later it would be less congested.
I agree that the week before Easter is busy, but that is also when we typically always go. I made all my ADR's 180 days in advance last year and had ABSOLUTELY no issues with the ressies I wanted Easter week 2012 and none of them ran late. It all depends on the day and other factors that arise. Everyone's experiences are different. Last year we had an awesome morning at Magic Kingdom for EMH-M. We got on 11 rides within 2 hours!!!!! Space Mountain, twice! We left the park at lunch to swim and relax.

Easter may be busy, but after following the advice of other Diser's, Touring Plans and planning out our trip, we've had wonderful trips during Easter. I would agree if someone can go a few weeks after Easter, it would be less busy, but we all handle crowds differently. I'm used to them now and I know what to expect, so it doesn't phase me.

Still hoping for for some discount. I got free dining last year for the week before Easter since I arrived on Thursday. No discount, oh well, I love Disney and I'm still going .
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #101
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I really hope that something comes out around October 1st. That would be awesome. I did the same thing as you and booked the Thursday before Easter week (21st) in hopes that Free Dining is offered. That would be a big money saver for me. It happed for Easter 2012 so maybe they'll do it again.

Our 180 day Advance Dining window opens on Saturday at 6am ET (so 5am CT) and I plan on being up getting the few must have reservations done so I can plan my trip. If Free Dining comes out, I'll add a few more reservations later.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
Old 09-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #102
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
I really hope that something comes out around October 1st. That would be awesome. I did the same thing as you and booked the Thursday before Easter week (21st) in hopes that Free Dining is offered. That would be a big money saver for me. It happed for Easter 2012 so maybe they'll do it again.

Our 180 day Advance Dining window opens on Saturday at 6am ET (so 5am CT) and I plan on being up getting the few must have reservations done so I can plan my trip. If Free Dining comes out, I'll add a few more reservations later.
I read your earlier posts that you received Free Dining last year. You are the reason we booked our airfare to come in on Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out that way this year too. Are you flying out of MKE?

I will be up to make dining reservations on Saturday too. The only ones I am concerned about are Be Our Guest and Easter Sunday breakfast. All of the others aren't as popular I don't think, but of course, that week, all the restaurants will be busy.

O/T - but has anyone heard anything about Easter Sunday meals?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #103
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I read your earlier posts that you received Free Dining last year. You are the reason we booked our airfare to come in on Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out that way this year too. Are you flying out of MKE?

I will be up to make dining reservations on Saturday too. The only ones I am concerned about are Be Our Guest and Easter Sunday breakfast. All of the others aren't as popular I don't think, but of course, that week, all the restaurants will be busy.

O/T - but has anyone heard anything about Easter Sunday meals?
We are flying out of MKE . We'll stay at a park n fly the night before and take the shuttle over to the airport. As of now our flight is at 7:30am and we arrive ORD 1:20pm. I'm planning on having our first day hanging around the Beach Club swimming, campfire/movie and relaxing on the Beach. Of course our first meal is going to be the "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches and Cream .

I think we might be the only family not wanting to book for BOG. I shared the lunch and dinner menus with the kids and they all want what is on the lunch menu so no need to worry about an ADR for that thank goodness. I'm not to concerned with our ADR's this year because we only have few and my kids picked places that aren't signature . Plus if Free Dining doesn't come out and it is only room discount, I'll be ok with that. The only part I didn't like about Free Dining was I had to book ressies and that meant we had to be at a certain park. On previous trips, we kind of enjoyed being able to have more flexibility with our park days. But I loved Free Dining (not because it was free) but because of all the new experiences at restaurants we normally wouldn't go to. Where will you be staying with your family?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #104
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
We are flying out of MKE . We'll stay at a park n fly the night before and take the shuttle over to the airport. As of now our flight is at 7:30am and we arrive ORD 1:20pm. I'm planning on having our first day hanging around the Beach Club swimming, campfire/movie and relaxing on the Beach. Of course our first meal is going to be the "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches and Cream .

I think we might be the only family not wanting to book for BOG. I shared the lunch and dinner menus with the kids and they all want what is on the lunch menu so no need to worry about an ADR for that thank goodness. I'm not to concerned with our ADR's this year because we only have few and my kids picked places that aren't signature . Plus if Free Dining doesn't come out and it is only room discount, I'll be ok with that. The only part I didn't like about Free Dining was I had to book ressies and that meant we had to be at a certain park. On previous trips, we kind of enjoyed being able to have more flexibility with our park days. But I loved Free Dining (not because it was free) but because of all the new experiences at restaurants we normally wouldn't go to. Where will you be staying with your family?
I'm with you on the inability to be flexible with the dining plan. I don't ever purchase it for that reason, we like to be more spontaneous. However, it is a great discount, and if it's free, I'll take it! Otherwise, we will pick out a few of our fave restaurants and do quick service for the rest of the trip.

I am currently booked at POP, but I am hoping to upgrade to Riverside. We will see what is on the kid's Xmas list this year. If they don't ask for too many big ticket items, maybe I will upgrade us as a surprise. It's my DH and I's 15th wedding anniversary and we love POR. It's so green after a long ,WI winter. His annivesary gift will be an upgrade.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #105
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm with you on the inability to be flexible with the dining plan. I don't ever purchase it for that reason, we like to be more spontaneous. However, it is a great discount, and if it's free, I'll take it! Otherwise, we will pick out a few of our fave restaurants and do quick service for the rest of the trip.

I am currently booked at POP, but I am hoping to upgrade to Riverside. We will see what is on the kid's Xmas list this year. If they don't ask for too many big ticket items, maybe I will upgrade us as a surprise. It's my DH and I's 15th wedding anniversary and we love POR. It's so green after a long ,WI winter. His annivesary gift will be an upgrade.
Oh I LOVE Riverside too!!!! Taking the boats to Downtown Disney were relaxing. We've stayed there a few times. We used to always make a point to see Yee Ha Bob. We've had to change though because the last year we were there (2011) the room had become too small for us. We needed extra space. I've fallen in love with EPCOT resorts now. Our favorite park is EPCOT so having is so close is a huge bonus. I totally understand the LONG WI winters. Congrats on your upcoming 15 year Anniversary!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: