Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #1081
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Sweet Bella! That smile on the carousel says it all!

Hurray for a new DIS Town baby!
That's the kind of expression that makes paying for the trips completely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love seeing all of the new HM merchandise! It feels like there was such a lack of HM souvenirs until recently!

Awww that photo of Bella on the horsies is so cute!!!
We are definitely seeing some new and exciting merchandise these days. You have to grab it while it's there, though, because you never know with Disney stuff. It may come and then disappear forever very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Sweet Bella! What a darling girl.

She is a sweetie. She can also be a pestering little sister to Brooklynn sometimes, but I guess that's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY PRINCESS!!! IM SURE SHE IS ADORABLE!!!

DWgal210 it will be great to meet you too!

I decided to change our park days so there is no ADR's to worry about on Saturday.
We are going to do HS first day. We probably will go over and TRY to get FP's for TSM for later in the day when we arrive. Catch Fantasmic that night.
AK will now be Sunday with a bkfst at Tusker House w/Donald and friends.
MNSSHP that night.
Monday is MK with a lunch at Liberty Tree.
Tuesday is Epcot and we fly out that night.

We are excited! Seems like we will have a nice group meet!

Luv the pics of Bella on her carousel...so cute!

I picked up that Mickey pepper grinder a few trips back...I think I need the salt one to match! LOL
Okay, I am glad you are still getting your LTT meal. We're doing Tusker House, too, this time. I look forward to that yummy ham again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We stayed at the Grand Californian... the access was wonderful, you go through one gate and you are in CA and through another gate DTD which connects to Disneyland. If you get that discount the Grand Californian was great.
If I ever get to go to Disneyland, I want to stay at Grand Californian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Congrats on the dis-town baby

Love the picture of Bella on the carousel

That popcorn bucket...I look at it all the time, maybe this trip it will come home with me
I look at it, too, on a regular basis, but it's like $35 or something, isn't it. I'm not sure it's worth it to me personally, or at least it hasn't been yet. Can't say that day won't come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
congrats to dreamitdoit on a new Disney princess!!

Cute picture of Bella on the horsies!
Three girls will keep her life filled with fun, and probably a little drama, won't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Wow, little Bella isn't so little, is she? She's getting so big and pretty! I'm glad she had fun riding the horsies.
She's getting to be a big girl in many ways. She's still a tiny one physically, but she makes up for it in spunk. She would be a perfect Tinkerbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
She is too cute! Looks like yall had some nice Bella/MeMom time.
We always do have fun together. I was looking forward to having some time with her alone at WDW sometime, but Brooklynn suggested maybe she and I both take Bella. Bella was fine with that suggestion, so the MeMom and Bella time may turn into MeMom/Bella/Brooklynn time, and that's perfectly fine, too! The only stipulation is that it will be on the front end of the trip, when Mommy will be joining us later. Doing it on the back end, when Mommy had to leave - that made for a sad parting for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I completely get that too! People think here is CO, it is just constant snow and that we all snowboard or ski ALL THE TIME. I have never even ski-ed and only snowboarded once!

I love France so much! That heel tree is cracking me up! What? I really like the Disneyified Paris items. How fun! Remy and Marie are favorites of mine too...what great characters!! (Though, I do wish Marie's brothers were as popular as her! Berlioz and Toulouse are great and sooo cute!)

I really, really, REALLY love french food and pastries!! Your pics of the bakery are making me so hungry! I'll have one of...everything! How I have never ordered the Napoleon before is beyond me. That little slice of heaven looks so scrumptious!! YUM!

I can just FEEL the atmosphere of the MK through your pictures. THANK YOU! I miss it so much!

I NEED NEED NEED the "Once Upon a Time" and "Happily Ever After" pillows. No joke. I can't survive another trip without coming home without them! Those are too perfect.
You are right, the boy kitties are cute, too. It would be great if they had them all!

We miss WDW, too. I am so excited to see Magic Kingdom all dressed in orange again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
shhh! Don't tell anyone else that it isn't a constant blizzard here in CO...we don't need anymore people moving here.

Jill in CO
I have no desire to move to Colorado. As much as I would love to visit, any move I make will be to somewhere that has warmer winters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Is it just me or would that shop look just like a Cracker Barrel retail shop if the bright blue counter were removed?

And yes~that picture of Bella on the horsie is ADORABLE!!! There is pure joy on the face of that little angel.
It does have a Cracker Barrel atmosphere. Or maybe Cracker Barrel has a Yankee Trader atmosphere?

Yeah, she is happy on her horsies. That's her number one ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Congratulations to dreamit*doit on a new Disney princess!!

The picture of Bella is so precious!!! I love those special times with just me and one of my Grandmunchkins!!!
Me, too. What a blessing it is to have these amazing children in our lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Such adorable pictures of Bella with her horsies! So so so super cute!

More shopping pictures!! I absolutely need that Daisy travel mug and the side pillows for my couch! Need!! Not want, need! And maybe the blue HM t-shirt with the hitchiking ghosts on it to add to my collection!

Another Dis-baby! Congratulations Dreamit*doit on your new princess! What a pretty name too!
When in WDW, the word 'need' replaces 'want' on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Congrats to the new Dis town princess!!

Aw what a cute picture of Bella on the "hoisie". Just precious!!
She was having plenty of fun that night. She never wants to ride just once, and if there is not a line, or if there is just a short line with empty horses, the cast members let you ride as long as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Love the pictures, of course. I assume Bella is not a fan of the Haunted Mansion.

Now that Jill is OK and you've had time to think about it, who does Sophie favor?
To me, Sophie looks very much like Jill did as a baby. When she was first born, she looked like Bella with a hint of Brooklynn in the chin. She may look like a mix of everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I love all the Disney kitchen things! I always want more.

Bella is so cute on the horsies! Danielle doesn't like to ride HM. I think she would want to do just about anything else.
I like all the Disney kitchen collections. I have some various utensils and colored Mickey plates, but none of the actual dinnerware. One could spend a lot of money on that stuff!

Bella would pick the horsies over Haunted Mansion any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I have to stop reading as I am spending a fortune in my head. Seriously so many things I had never seen before that I want.

Great update and pics.
I'd say spending money in WDW is one of the easiest things to do in life.
Having the money to spend, that's one of the hardest things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
All caught up. We are finally moved and all settled in. We are not too far from Jill.

I'm so happy to see that Jill is doing well (I have been on FB so I was praying with you all on FB). And that Sophie is doing amazing! I'm sure the girls are being fantastic helpers!!

Cute pics of Bella on the horsies. You definitely captured some great shots there.
We'll have to have to plan a DIS meet. Where are you, exactly? I know you are glad to be settled!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #1082
CreightonsMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

We'll have to have to plan a DIS meet. Where are you, exactly? I know you are glad to be settled!
We are in Hazel Green.

2011 - March 13th-18th - AKL (Creighton's first trip) Pics ~ June 4th - Day Trip - SWW ~July 9th-11th - Offsite : Oct 12th-15th POP
2012: Feb 28th-Mar 2nd - ASMu
~ May 23rd-25th - SSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1083
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

I need my DIS friends help. A good friend of mine has been fighting cancer for the last 3 years. She’s taken a big step back (Vandy docs are giving her a 5% survival chance and 3 months to live if she doesn’t beat it). They are rushing a trip to Disney so she can experience it with her 5 year old (they’ve never been). They leave Oct 5th. Is there anyone going soon that can be a Fairy Godmailer for them. My friend’s sister and her 5 year old son are going too, so it would be two mailings.

Her sister is doing most of the planning so I just messaged her to see what they’ve been able to get and to give a few suggestions. My friend said they couldn’t get into BBB so I’m going to try to find her one. They go to the Halloween party on the 11th so am trying to find one that day. I want this to be so special for them.

Please keep Tracy Bilingsly in your prayers. She is such a fighter! Her daughter is Kayla and husband is Aaron. He’s military and was supposed to deploy soon but think he will get compassion leave again.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #1084
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
We are in Hazel Green.
We'll have to schedule a trip to see Helen Keller's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
I need my DIS friends help. A good friend of mine has been fighting cancer for the last 3 years. She’s taken a big step back (Vandy docs are giving her a 5% survival chance and 3 months to live if she doesn’t beat it). They are rushing a trip to Disney so she can experience it with her 5 year old (they’ve never been). They leave Oct 5th. Is there anyone going soon that can be a Fairy Godmailer for them. My friend’s sister and her 5 year old son are going too, so it would be two mailings.

Her sister is doing most of the planning so I just messaged her to see what they’ve been able to get and to give a few suggestions. My friend said they couldn’t get into BBB so I’m going to try to find her one. They go to the Halloween party on the 11th so am trying to find one that day. I want this to be so special for them.

Please keep Tracy Bilingsly in your prayers. She is such a fighter! Her daughter is Kayla and husband is Aaron. He’s military and was supposed to deploy soon but think he will get compassion leave again.
We will be there on the 5th. Let us know how we can help make magic while we/they are there. If you can get their resort/room number, we can leave a surprise on the door or whatever.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #1085
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
I need my DIS friends help. Is there anyone going soon that can be a Fairy Godmailer for them. My friend’s sister and her 5 year old son are going too, so it would be two mailings.

Please keep Tracy Bilingsly in your prayers. She is such a fighter! Her daughter is Kayla and husband is Aaron.
Did you FB message some DIS people, too? There are a lot of people who are on FB a lot more often than they are over here, and I would hate for you to miss out on someone who is there now who could possibly get cards out today!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #1086
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trips with us. I don't post much but I always read your trip reports and it amazes me how grown up the girls are. Of course now I want to take a quick trip to do some shopping. I love your shopping pictures and you always seem to take pictures of things that are new and I haven't seen before.

You have a beautiful family. My Chloe is just like your Brooklyn. She wants to be a vet when she grows up. Her birthday parties are always themed around animals. I will have to share your Animal Kingdom party idea with her and I bet that will be the theme this year. Her Birthday is Dec. 24th so we try to make it special because no matter when we have it in December not very many friends can attend. One year we had it at our zoo and they brought in animals and everything and then afterwards all of the Christmas lights were turned on. It was very magical but cold.

I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Old 09-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #1087
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trips with us. I don't post much but I always read your trip reports and it amazes me how grown up the girls are. Of course now I want to take a quick trip to do some shopping. I love your shopping pictures and you always seem to take pictures of things that are new and I haven't seen before.

You have a beautiful family. My Chloe is just like your Brooklyn. She wants to be a vet when she grows up. Her birthday parties are always themed around animals. I will have to share your Animal Kingdom party idea with her and I bet that will be the theme this year. Her Birthday is Dec. 24th so we try to make it special because no matter when we have it in December not very many friends can attend. One year we had it at our zoo and they brought in animals and everything and then afterwards all of the Christmas lights were turned on. It was very magical but cold.

I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.
We always enjoy hearing from DIS friends who don't post a lot. We want everyone to feel comfortable and at home here.

I hope you have an awesome Animal Kingdom party. Please show us pictures. (I imagine it would be hard to have anything around Christmas time.)

I'll be taking a ton of Halloween merchandise pictures in a few weeks, and I'll get in as many Christmas decorations as I can find, too, since I won't be back during the holidays.

From the Carrousel, we went to Storybook Circus.

Dumbos on the ground.

Dumbos in the air.

Those who did not join the 999 happy haunts, thank goodness!

It is so good seeing these pictures of when Jill was so happy. Pretty much right after the trip was when she started swelling and feeling so bad.

Let's see what this is all about.

How to do it.

The water and lights add so much to the atmosphere.

We're on!

Not sure what time they turn the water off.

I think this is probably Brooklynn's favorite ride these days.

And look who can now ride!

Does it become her favorite, too?

Absolutely not.

I took some pictures while John and the girls were stormin'.

Cool restroom building.

This stuff is so cute!

Next time: fireworks.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-12-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #1088
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We'll have to schedule a trip to see Helen Keller's place.
Well, if you do that, you should definitely let me know. That's right near where I live!

I am a little behind, and will have to go back to catch up, but I have to say that I love the new Storybook Circus. The new Dumbo is so beautiful, especially lit up at night with the water!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #1089
twob4him
DIS Veteran

I'm still here...quiet as always! Loving you reports as usual!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #1090
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
The water and lights add so much to the atmosphere.

So gorgeous! I can't wait to take my dude on this. Even Ray enjoyed the pictures of the new Dumbo.

Speaking of being tall enough for Barnstormer, guess who was 37 inches at his 2-year appt? Yep, so he can ride it in May! 3 more inches and he can also ride Splash Mountain and Soarin (not to mention a few others that I don't think he'd be ready for yet). I think he'd do fine on Splash as long as I squeezed him tight during the drop. Soarin I'm not so sure about - I don't know that he'd get the concept yet. But May is 8 months away so we'll have to see....they change so much in that amount of time!

Thanks for the pics - they were great!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #1091
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
shhh! Don't tell anyone else that it isn't a constant blizzard here in CO...we don't need anymore people moving here.

Jill in CO
Lol one time a FL resident asked me if we had snow year-round, and I was like, "No, we aren't Alaska!" Then I went home and saw a legit news story on how people were going snowboarding in July in the morning and then heading to a Rockies game in the afternoon! So apparently, I was wrong! We DO have snow all the time!!

Quote:
We miss WDW, too. I am so excited to see Magic Kingdom all dressed in orange again soon!
MK all dolled up for fall makes me so nostalgic! My first trip was during the fall! I love it so much!

I cannot wait to check out the new Dumbo! It looks SO GOOD! They really did a great job! Though I'm not surprised at all!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #1092
slightly_obsessed
Mouseketeer

I'm back from my cruise and all caught up again! I am so glad that Jill is doing better.

Love the Dumbo pics, can't wait to take my little guy on it! Hopefully next October.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #1093
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the picture of Jill having a great time!

The circus theme is just so fun!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #1094
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The new Storybook Circus looks SO cool!!! I can't wait to see it in person! The water features on Dumbo are so pretty!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: