Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #1036
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post

Just thought I would share a picture with all of my Distown friends.

I just want to say "thank you" for all the overwhelming kindness shown to me and my family over the past two weeks. Sweet cards, texts, messages, and phone calls just to lend moral support and let us know we are being uplifted in prayer as I continue recovering.
Jill

That is the most beautiful picture - what a treasure.

Glad you are on the mend. Take care

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #1037
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love the MK with all its lights turning on in!

How nice to see pictures from the parts of Pirates we never made it, too. Glad that your bunch had smooth sailing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #1038
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Glad everything is finally calming down!!! I absolutely love that picture of the girls. You can just see the love and excitement they have for their littler sister!!

My favorite place in all of the WS is France bakery. I LOVE it in there even if it does get crowded at times. We have definitely been there when lines were out the door. I'm excited for the expansion/remodel, but I sincerely hope that they don't "ruin" it. A new location I can handle, but I hope they don't take anything away.

Let me know when we are thinking for a meet. We have no plans that week outside DH working so we should be able to work everything out.
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
Old 09-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #1039
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

I will be there the 13- 20 also at PO on the 13th then over to BCV.
I didn't know you will be there too. I thought you were going to Disneyland.
Great news!!! Cant wait to meet you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Lana.
We are arriving late on the 12th and staying until late afternoon on the 17th. Are you gals planning on the Halloween party?
We will definitely have to get you over to the POP meet.
I can't wait to meet you again.

We are going to MNSSHP Sunday night.
I tried to talk Lexi into being but she said no way!
I may dig out the custom airbrush tees I had made for last year and see how they look after being washed.
What night are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I vote for starting the drive Friday. You and everyone else who is there on the 13th can come over to Pop. Just promise not to taunt us too much as you arrive and we leave!
I am sooo excited to hear we can all meet up again!

I was so bummed when I thought I would miss you and the girls by a day.
I am thrilled to get a peak at sweet little Sophie.

We arrive just before 10am so we usually are at POP by 11am. (there is always a stop in the Earport before we get on ME. )

I made a lunch ADR for Liberty Tree but I will cancel it.

Set a time and place and we will be there!
Who knows my room may be ready when I arrive.

I have the biggest smile right now! Can't wait to tell Mom and Lexi.
My Mom felt bad that I was going to miss you.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1040
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Oh, I LOVE MK at night! And Pirates. And that gift shop is one of my favorites, as well as my mom's and Kailyn's.

Quote:
DIStown is so happy for you! You deserve it, and we know you'll be an incredible teacher. There are many times I wish I was teaching pre-school again. I taught Tuesday-Thursday school (3 year olds) for several years. I will probably go back to something like that when I retire. That is, if I am not down in Florida working side by side with Brooklynn at Animal Kingdom.
Thank you so much! I am so excited because I absolutely love the directors and all the teachers there. It's small, and everyone knows everyone else. And I'm glad you sometimes wish you were teaching preschool again; whenever I tell people that preschoolers are my cutoff age, they think I'm crazy. When I mention toddlers, well, forget it.

I also wanted to tell you, my friend left for Disney today. I'm sure she'll be sending me pictures, so want me to send some your way? If she posts any on Facebook, I'll be able to share them on here with everyone, too!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 09-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #1041
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Jill

That is the most beautiful picture - what a treasure.

Glad you are on the mend. Take care
I'm looking forward to seeing their first set of studio done pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I love the MK with all its lights turning on in!

How nice to see pictures from the parts of Pirates we never made it, too. Glad that your bunch had smooth sailing.
Lights can make a difference in the atmosphere of a place. I always like Tomorrowland better at night because of the lighting.

You have me a little spooked to ride Pirates now. Maybe that'll be my excuse for just hanging out in the gift shop to take pictures while the others are riding.

The ride we get stuck on the most is Spaceship Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
Glad everything is finally calming down!!! I absolutely love that picture of the girls. You can just see the love and excitement they have for their littler sister!!

My favorite place in all of the WS is France bakery. I LOVE it in there even if it does get crowded at times. We have definitely been there when lines were out the door. I'm excited for the expansion/remodel, but I sincerely hope that they don't "ruin" it. A new location I can handle, but I hope they don't take anything away.

Let me know when we are thinking for a meet. We have no plans that week outside DH working so we should be able to work everything out.
What about the 13th? We hopefully have a group meeting at Pop. Maybe around 1:30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post

We will definitely have to get you over to the POP meet.
I can't wait to meet you again.

We are going to MNSSHP Sunday night.
I tried to talk Lexi into being but she said no way!
I may dig out the custom airbrush tees I had made for last year and see how they look after being washed.
What night are you going?

I am sooo excited to hear we can all meet up again!

I was so bummed when I thought I would miss you and the girls by a day.
I am thrilled to get a peak at sweet little Sophie.

We arrive just before 10am so we usually are at POP by 11am. (there is always a stop in the Earport before we get on ME. )

I made a lunch ADR for Liberty Tree but I will cancel it.

Set a time and place and we will be there!
Who knows my room may be ready when I arrive.

I have the biggest smile right now! Can't wait to tell Mom and Lexi.
My Mom felt bad that I was going to miss you.
I hate for you to cancel Liberty Tree. What time is it? We will be back at Pop about 1:30, and we'll just be hanging out - probably letting the girls swim and waiting for ME. We'll need to go out front around 2:30ish. Does that work for you? I am hoping that will work for others, as well, and you can see lots of people at once. We can get a good group picture maybe.

I think our MNSSHP is the 8th. We've booked a room at Little Mermaid on the 10th, so the girls will be able to spend the night and swim at a brand new resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Oh, I LOVE MK at night! And Pirates. And that gift shop is one of my favorites, as well as my mom's and Kailyn's.

Thank you so much! I am so excited because I absolutely love the directors and all the teachers there. It's small, and everyone knows everyone else. And I'm glad you sometimes wish you were teaching preschool again; whenever I tell people that preschoolers are my cutoff age, they think I'm crazy. When I mention toddlers, well, forget it.

I also wanted to tell you, my friend left for Disney today. I'm sure she'll be sending me pictures, so want me to send some your way? If she posts any on Facebook, I'll be able to share them on here with everyone, too!
Don't tell anyone, but I really like the gift shop better than the ride.

My non-teacher friends say they could never, ever be teachers. I tell them I could never, ever be a nurse or whatever they are. It's sure nice that there are so many different jobs and so many different personalities to fill them. I gripe about the paperwork, testing, and pressure, not the actual teaching.

I'm always up for Disney pictures. I'll check FB every evening to see what you've got!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-09-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #1042
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We do plan on seeing you. Don't even think about getting away before we meet up. What are your plans for the morning? We can either meet you where ever you go or plan on seeing you at POP before you head out. We will have a car so getting around won't be an issue.
If you think you might be going to MK or Epcot, we can walk or monorail there. The other parks or DTD we can drive to. I AM hoping for more than just a quick hello.....

Old 09-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #1043
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Lana, we are going to the party on Tuesday the 16th. Marc and I have been working on our costumes and I'm really excited about dressing up this year! I did try to talk him into going BOTH Sunday and Tuesday nights. Our friend Katie, will be there with her God-daughter that evening...
We will see if I talk him into it!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #1044
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

MK at night with all of the lights glowing is one of my favourite things in the whole world! So pretty!

POtC is so great. We are currently trying to figure out if the kids will be ok on it in October. They have never been on before (they scare easily) but we think with them enjoying Jake and the Neverland Pirates now and knowing more about what pirates are that they might be ok. Did Brooklynn or Bella ever get spooked by it?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #1045
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

I bought my WS tote at the twining tea shop- one of my favorite shops by the way. Eventhough I didn't need another tote, couldn't resist that one...I use it at the mall,target ,Walmart ...places where I buy more items. I got mine in 2009, but didn't see any in 2010...it might be one of those hit and miss items.

Personally, my favorite group is Off Kilter. As for the French bakery, the line is always massive when we go by or we have just eaten....maybe we will have better luck this year.

Out of the blue, my husband just said to my son," this year at Disney, we should actually pay money at the shooting gallery"
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #1046
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Love the pool pictures! It looks like they were having so much fun.

Ugh, I would be terrified to get stuck on Pirates! I don't know why, but I specifically think Pirates would be scary. So glad you had a regular, non-sticky ride.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #1047
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Wish I was near Nashville as it would be great fun to have a Lion King / Dis meet!!

I think no matter how many times I ride POTC I always notice something new! Love that ride. Looking forward to more!! :

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1048
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:

My ticker is actually there for food and Wine but you can't see it because the DL one and DVC is hogging up the place.

I amd in Dl and then my annual conference in Vegas, DL Sept 27-Oct1 and hten Vegas 1-5. Home and Wor for a week and then back out Oct 12-13 ( have not decided when to start driving and then BCV 14-19.

MNSSHP on the 18th I think with eandesmom and MEK.

Courtesy of DVC I am one lucky girl this year.

Quote:

Quote:
What about the 13th? We hopefully have a group meeting at Pop. Maybe around 1:30?
Either way i decide to get there I will be there easily by 1:30pm I am thinking 11 at the lastest.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 09-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #1049
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We do plan on seeing you. Don't even think about getting away before we meet up. What are your plans for the morning? We can either meet you where ever you go or plan on seeing you at POP before you head out. We will have a car so getting around won't be an issue.
If you think you might be going to MK or Epcot, we can walk or monorail there. The other parks or DTD we can drive to. I AM hoping for more than just a quick hello.....
It looks like 1:30 at Pop is going to be a good group meet time. We get picked up about 3. I don't know what we will be doing the night of the 12th or the morning of the 13th. Sometimes, we stay out late the last night and then just sleep in until we get up to pack on the last morning. Sometimes, we get in early and pack on the last night, then stow our luggage and run off to a park (usually Magic Kingdom) on the last morning. It's all up in the air until the last minute, depending on how the girls are making it. You guys get there the night of the 12th, right? You can text and see where we are and what we are doing, if you want, and we can go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
MK at night with all of the lights glowing is one of my favourite things in the whole world! So pretty!

POtC is so great. We are currently trying to figure out if the kids will be ok on it in October. They have never been on before (they scare easily) but we think with them enjoying Jake and the Neverland Pirates now and knowing more about what pirates are that they might be ok. Did Brooklynn or Bella ever get spooked by it?
You know, our girls have really never been badly spooked by anything at WDW, because they've just been used to it. They've flinched a time or two at certain stages, but nothing where we've had to leave an attraction. I wouldn't want to predict for another child, though. I can see where some of this stuff, if a kid has never been around it, would be scary - big bugs, huge snakes, fire, loud noises, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I bought my WS tote at the twining tea shop- one of my favorite shops by the way. Eventhough I didn't need another tote, couldn't resist that one...I use it at the mall,target ,Walmart ...places where I buy more items. I got mine in 2009, but didn't see any in 2010...it might be one of those hit and miss items.

Personally, my favorite group is Off Kilter. As for the French bakery, the line is always massive when we go by or we have just eaten....maybe we will have better luck this year.

Out of the blue, my husband just said to my son," this year at Disney, we should actually pay money at the shooting gallery"
Yeah, I think the bakery move is going to be a good one. :yes::

I don't need another tote, either. I have some I don't use. I just keep thinking this one is so different, and someday I may need a tote again.... Who knows if I'll end up with this one in my closet? It's not like it's some big huge cost, though, if I decided to spring for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Love the pool pictures! It looks like they were having so much fun.

Ugh, I would be terrified to get stuck on Pirates! I don't know why, but I specifically think Pirates would be scary. So glad you had a regular, non-sticky ride.
I always like it when we luck up and have the kiddie pool to ourselves.

Yes, we breezed right through Pirates. As always, I continue to be amazed at how real the Jack Sparrow faces look It is incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Wish I was near Nashville as it would be great fun to have a Lion King / Dis meet!!

I think no matter how many times I ride POTC I always notice something new! Love that ride. Looking forward to more!! :
I hope we can work out a good day for Lion King. Two of those weekends are holiday weekends, and one is booked for Brooklynn's dance recital. That leaves the June 1 or going with the Mother's Day or Memorial Day Saturday.

I don't dislike Pirates; it's just not one of my must do's, like it is with most people. I have to be in the mood to really want to do it myself, but I am always up for doing whatever my family wants to do, so I am fine with going on it any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

MNSSHP on the 18th I think with eandesmom and MEK.

Courtesy of DVC I am one lucky girl this year.

Either way i decide to get there I will be there easily by 1:30pm I am thinking 11 at the lastest.
Okay, then, let's stick with the 1:30 Pop meet for now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-10-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #1050
DisneyJoo2008
DIS Veteran

MK is just lovely at that time of night!!! so glad to hear and read on FB how Jill is now doing! xxx

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: