Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #902
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Won't it be a grand celebration to be there again with the family happy and healthy and ready to experience all of the new things that are going on in Fantasyland?!?!?
It most certainly will!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #903
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad everything is getting back to normal. I hope Jill continues to get stronger. She doesn't have too long to recover, she has to get back to Disney!

Me DH DD DS
Old 09-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #904
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

So glad Jill is getting better and now you can all look forward to october.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #905
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, texts, calls, and messages over the past week. I am very humbled to be a part of our Distown community where people who have never actually met each other celebrate sweet princesses entering the world and pray fervently as a complete stranger fights for her life. I'm so grateful for the friendships that we have formed here and I hope we continue to watch each other's children grow up, and celebrate together and cry and pray for each other. Thank you again for all your care and concern during this past week. I definitely have a ways to go before I'm back to normal (as normal as we Disers get), but I am back home with my family do it will get better one day at a time.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #906
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Jill- So happy that you are home and on the road to recovery. Take it slow, you want to be able to soak it all in during that October trip !! Continued prayers.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #907
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, texts, calls, and messages over the past week. I am very humbled to be a part of our Distown community where people who have never actually met each other celebrate sweet princesses entering the world and pray fervently as a complete stranger fights for her life. I'm so grateful for the friendships that we have formed here and I hope we continue to watch each other's children grow up, and celebrate together and cry and pray for each other. Thank you again for all your care and concern during this past week. I definitely have a ways to go before I'm back to normal (as normal as we Disers get), but I am back home with my family do it will get better one day at a time.
How wonderful! I've been keeping all of your family (especially you) in my prayers. Seems like alot of people here have. My prayers will continue for a speedy recovery. I know firsthand how hard it is to have a little baby and be in the midst of icky health. All I wanted was to be back to normal so that I could take care of my own little girlies. Best wishes to you Jill, hang in there, take it slow and let everyone who offers to help you help you! Put Memom to work. Just kidding, she sounds like an amazing mom and boy did she sound worried about you. Your priority is to get better, that's all, well that and snuggling with your beautiful new little girlie.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #908
ivo004
Mouseketeer

I'm glad everything is coming back to normal !! We will continue praying for Jill so she can 100% recover !!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #909
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Helloooooooo, DIStown!!! So sorry that we had to take a few days away from the hubbub of activity in town, but we had some hubbub of our own we had to take care of. Jill gave us a huge scare, but things are looking much better now. She still has a slow path to travel for several weeks, and she has to watch for any sign of infection or a setback of any kind. She was a very sick girl, and we are glad that she made it through this traumatic event and is doing well. The first thing she started talking about when she came back to life was our Disney trip. Well, it was second to family, of course.....

I appreciate all of the texts, calls, and FB messages from so many of you throughout those days. It did me good to know that people all over the world were thinking of and praying for my little girl. Things certainly took a different turn than I thought they would. I went to Alabama to take care of Jill and the girls while she took care of her baby. The way things went, I ended up taking care of the girls and a baby, and I had to put Jill's care in the hands of strangers. I had faith that God had it all in His plan, but I will admit to some human fears and human tears a couple of times.

I will always treasure those first days with Sophie. I talked to her a lot in the middle of the night. I cherish the days I was able to see sweet Bella toddle down the hallway in the early morning hours and climb in my lap. I loved conversing with Brooklynn about her school day and listening to her very well thought out ideas on things. She is getting to be such a big girl - a little person, not a baby by any means. BUT, as much as I loved all of those things, my heart ached for their Mommy to be home with them. I remember distinctly praying (in the wee hours of a morning while I was changing a diaper) that Sophie's cord would not fall off until her Mommy was there to make that discovery. I prayed that Brooklynn and Bella would not overhear conversation at school from the teachers or phone calls at home that would frighten them in any way. I recall with tears handing Sophie to Jill in the ICU bed when awesome Nurse Gloria snuck the girls in. If you guys could see the pictures I took, you would probably weep like Jill did. Yet, being the incredible Mom that she is, she sucked in the tears as fast as she could and made things as light and normal as they could possibly be for two little girls and a baby in an ICU room. My heart ached for her and exploded with pride all at the same time. I love that girl so much!

I have now had the opportunity of seeing all three of my children in serious situations like this. Not sure what the chances are of that, and as much as it hurt to see it all unfold each time, I think it has also been a blessing. It has made me even more appreciative of each of them, and if I think I loved them before - more than any Mom has ever loved any kid, as it is supposed to be - I am sure I came out loving them even more. Impossible, yet true.

We all thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for all that you meant to us last week.

Now, let's get back to Disney things, which is why and how we all met each other!

I think we last left you when we were threatening to sneak into Le Cellier as the Anderson party.

We decided to meet them over there and not really follow through with that.

I had to take this picture of the backside of John with the ponchos stuffed into his pockets.

Such a pretty place!

This may be Anita chastising us for trying to steal her seats in The Cellar. Baylor thought it was kinda funny. Jen was probably very afraid she was not going to get her lunch!

This is Marc in his beekeeper hat, and Jill looks like she's about to spit something out. No idea what she was doing, but she sure looks GREAT to me in that picture right now.

We left our pals and went into France,

where we had just missed the entertainment.

Passing Morocco

and Japan

and on to America.

What will you order?

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 09-02-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #910
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

MeMom you got me crying again. I'm just so glad the prayers were answered and Jill is on the mend and back home with her girls.

Now everyone has the trip to Disney to look forward to in the next month or so.

Beautiful pictures in Canada! I'm glad you didn't steal the Anderson's ADR, although it might have been nice to get out of the heat and humidity.

You're speeding through the World Showcase so where are headed next?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #911
katylady
Earning My Ears

I just came upon your TR yesterday and have read through the whole thing. I'm so glad that Jill is on the road to recovery and has been able to restart the nursing relationship with Sophie. I hope things continue to go well for all and that Jill will regain her strength quickly.

Katy
DS (1)

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #912
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Memom- how do we know Jill is on the mend? We get to go to Canada!! I am thrilled that she is continuing to feel better...may you continue to be blessed
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 09-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #913
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

It's so great to hear that things are better over there. I know this must have been such a crazy week!

Fun Epcot times!!!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #914
shane&jakesmom
Walt Disney World is my happy place. Wishing to be a DVC member and own a piece of the world.

Jill,
i am so glad you are starting to feel better, they power of pray is an awesome thing i still pray for you to have a quick recovery. Memom, i admire your strengh to handle such a difficult situation i know you had weak moments but your positive attitude is something is amazing. Your family is lucky to have to you and you are lucky to have such a wonderful family. I am glad things are getting back to normal for all of you and you can look forward to going to Disney thats very exciting . I can't wait to read your new TR.

Prayers and pixie dust
Dina

1992,1993,1996,2002,2005,2006(2x),2007(3x)
Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports, All Star Movies and Pop Century

Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #915
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Helloooooooo, DIStown!!!
Hello!

I figured I better come over here while I still can...

I am SO GLAD that Miss Jill is on the mend! I know you did have some precious time with those girls but do understand your feelings of wanting it to be different. But I have to say, being one that is lucky/blessed enough to have my mom keep my little one while I work, I'm SURE I can speak for Jill in saying she was SO happy you were there! I always have no worries when my mama has my baby! And he loves, loves, LOVES his Mimi dearly! There is nothing that can replace that!

I can't wait to meet the new princess!!

Quote:
What will you order?
Mmmmmmm....Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake please!!!

I should get them to ship me one of those to go with my Pumpkin Spice Latte I will be getting this next week at Starbucks!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: