Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #2836
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi friends!

In Minneapolis tonight, getting ready to fly out tomorrow AM! We'll be in Orlando by Noon & the plan is to head to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon.

I've got my winter coat put away, and my flip flops ready to go!!

I'll be sure to post pictures to Facebook

Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #2837
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi friends!

In Minneapolis tonight, getting ready to fly out tomorrow AM! We'll be in Orlando by Noon & the plan is to head to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon.

Oh, I wish I was getting on the plane with you! Are you sure you don't have room in your suitcase for me? I can meet you at the airport!
Have a great trip!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #2838
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Not even close We lived in Northern Alabama when my dad taught at Florence University, and I remember walking home from school in the snow. I remember a couple of snow days in Athens, GA while he was in Grad school, and it actually snowed here one Christmas believe it or not. I have a picture of Jamie in her little yellow duck rain coat out in the yard with a little dusting of snow on the ground - I would post it, but she'd probably kill me

I don't think I'd ever want to live anywhere that got that much snow, unless I never had to go anywhere in it
Yeah, every so many years, we will have a decent snowfall here in Middle Tennessee, and it is a huge big deal. I remember a time when we were stationed at Robins AFB in GA, and there was a record snowfall there - about a foot and a half! Any of you GA people remember (or have heard stories of) that? Like you, I am fine with it, as long as I don't have to be out driving, but I normally don't have to worry about that. Any amount of snow and ice usually closes schools here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
We just got back from our extended Nemo vacation this afternoon. It was a truly amazing trip; we have not done ten days in many years (we typically do one week with an early arrival day) so it was a really nice treat! The best part of it was that I got to spend some of each of those three extra days with Katie. We had SO much fun together and I feel truly blessed to have made such an amazing real-life best friend through your and Jill's reports.

I work through the summer and am not sure about any summer plans, but I've pretty much decided I am saving all the vacation/personal time I can and taking a few days in October to stay with Katie and Patrick and do F&W and MNSSHP with them. I'm waiting for Disney to release the 2013 MNSSHP dates and work around that. MNSSHP is something I have really, really wanted to do, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a short October trip!
Well, not only am I excited that you got to have a winter trip and that you got to see Katie, but that you got those unexpected bonus days, as well.

I think everyone will agree that you will love MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival, and Disney World in general in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi friends!

Too bad you and Sheree didn't plan to meet in MN.

We will look forward to pictures. Have a blast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh, I wish I was getting on the plane with you! Are you sure you don't have room in your suitcase for me? I can meet you at the airport!
Have a great trip!!
You guys should plan a meet up there sometime. Katie Schafer is up that way, too. You guys could have a great meet!

And by the way, the official countdown is FIVE weeks!

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 02-13-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #2839
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Jill's schedule is insane!!!!!

I do remember that kind of schedule when I realized I spend 3 hours after work in the car driving and picking kids up from various activities and was up before dawn and home well after dark during the summertime.

I hope Jill can catch her breath this weekend and well since I am still playing catch up, perpetually it seems, whenever she gets to it is fine for me.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #2840
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It was nice to have so many DIS friends in one place. We had another fun meet with lots of DISers in October at Pop Century. It was on the last day of the next report we're going to be starting soon, so you will probably see it around July or August.
Yes, I recall... I was ALMOST there! That was the day the girls & I decided to conquer all four parks!

Quote:
Before I start with pictures this morning, I do want to say again how much we appreciate your visits to our reports. So many of you we really do know in real life now, and you have become friends. There is something special about Disney families and friendships. If we have not crossed paths on a WDW trip yet, we hope we can do that in the future, and if not, maybe we'll meet you at a DIS meet in some other place at some point. Also, we love it when those of you who live close to each other get to meet in person and get to know each other, as well. We have several DIS friends who started talking on our reports, discovered that they lived close to each other and/or had the same interests, and have developed real life friendships. That really is cool to us. And, we love making new friends through every report. We hope you won't be scared away by my goofy comments sometimes. I am guilty as charged, but that's just me, so hopefully you can overlook that and enjoy the pictures of your favorite place in spite of it.

Also, we are keeping in mind those of you who are snowbound this morning. We hope it is pretty to look at, but that it is not causing problems and power outages for you. Check in with your snow results, if you will. Leslie L. said they had about a foot, I think, at last report. Amy was supposed to get 2-3 feet, I believe!
I love being a part of DIS town!

As far as the snow... Thanks for checking in on me on facebook! We ended up with about 2 feet of snow. Luckily we didn't have any power problems.

You can see the top of our soccer net:

There are normally about 2 feet of foundation exposed here:

We have about three or four steps down from that little porch in the background. They were all covered up:

You can see our neighbor's foundation because he had shoveled his yard for their dog. It was also very windy so the snow drifted quite a bit. There were parts of our roof and the tops of our cars that had almost no snow on them. Then there were areas that had 3+ feet of snow. It was pretty crazy!

Sledding didn't work out very well... the snow was too light & fluffy. The boys pretty much sunk down into it. They tried to get a path started but it was still very cold out so it didn't last long!

The front of my minivan is on the right:

Happy boy!

And yesterday it almost reached 50 degrees so we've already had some good melting. Luckily the next few days will get up into the 40s because some of these snow banks are dangerous. It's hard to pull out onto a road when you can't see if there is another car coming!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
Enough of the snow... Memom & Jill - I've really enjoyed this report & can't wait for the next one!!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #2841
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, every so many years, we will have a decent snowfall here in Middle Tennessee, and it is a huge big deal. I remember a time when we were stationed at Robins AFB in GA, and there was a record snowfall there - about a foot and a half! Any of you GA people remember (or have heard stories of) that?

:

I was a junior in at Tift College, that year. I remember watching the cars on I-75, they were at a died stop. Our dorm took in several families with babies because they closed I-75 and the families had no where to go until they opened the roads again.

The funny thing is I went to class that morning because I had a professor that you dare not miss class. In the middle of class the president of the college came in to say they had closed the college and we did not move until Dr. B gave us permission to go. We were the only ones in the building.

The day before it was 70 and my roommate and I were sunbaiting to get ready for Spring Break. It was just from about Griffin south. My parents in Atlanta did not get a single inch.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #2842
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Yeah, every so many years, we will have a decent snowfall here in Middle Tennessee, and it is a huge big deal. I remember a time when we were stationed at Robins AFB in GA, and there was a record snowfall there - about a foot and a half! Any of you GA people remember (or have heard stories of) that? Like you, I am fine with it, as long as I don't have to be out driving, but I normally don't have to worry about that. Any amount of snow and ice usually closes schools here.

I remember the blizzard of 93. I worked at Six Flags that year and when I went to work the next weekend, we sold lots of and lots of shirts that said, "I survived the Blizzard of 93!" haha
Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #2843
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh, your departure photos are so sad. I can just feel the emotion in them. Trips just fly by, they really do. I am so happy that you got some really amazing alone time with your big girl. And how fun to be able to have more quality time with your two big girls in December!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #2844
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
And yesterday it almost reached 50 degrees so we've already had some good melting. Luckily the next few days will get up into the 40s because some of these snow banks are dangerous. It's hard to pull out onto a road when you can't see if there is another car coming!
I HATE that! There are banks like that all over here. I live in the greater Boston area and didn't even drive to work today (my boyfriend took me because the parking lot at the school I work at was still a mess), but I was getting soooo nervous because there were so many spots you could not see anyone! We also had a good amount of melting...it's crazy seeing my aunt's pictures of our house and neighborhood and seeing it now. You can tell we got a storm, but you can't tell it was as bad as it was.

Quote:
I think everyone will agree that you will love MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival, and Disney World in general in October.
I am so very excited! I just really need Disney to release the MNSSHP dates so I can coordinate with Katie. I'm hoping it works out that I can go over a weekend so I only have to take a couple vacation or personal days. So, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least May before I have any solid dates, but it's nice to have something to look forward to planning!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #2845
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You guys should plan a meet up there sometime. Katie Schafer is up that way, too. You guys could have a great meet!
Katie and I did Kansas City for a weekend, maybe we should do a Mall of America trip We both purchased a salon groupon last week for our next Des Moines trip but we may have to look at out-of-state again this summer!!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #2846
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer

Katie and I did Kansas City for a weekend, maybe we should do a Mall of America trip We both purchased a salon groupon last week for our next Des Moines trip but we may have to look at out-of-state again this summer!!
Sounds good, I'm in!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #2847
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'll do a MOA meet anytime! It's only 20 minutes from here!

Kelli (lovemy3babes) is in MN too - she better come!

Let's try to do it in summer - less travel issues from weather!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #2848
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Your goodbye felt as if it was me leaving. I wanted to cry seeing the Unmagical Express. I love that Sea World store...so many fun things.

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for the October trip report.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #2849
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It was awesome to see the snow pictures! I'd like to have that for about two days, so the kids could have tons of fun! Then, I would want it to melt off the roads before I started feeling too cooped up.

Replies will have to come tonight. I am supposed to have an observation sometime this week, and since it hasn't come yet, I am down to two days for it to happen. I wish he would have done it Monday, so it would not be hanging over my head. Also, this is our day for my second-grade team to provide lunch for the faculty, so I was in the kitchen most of last night and this morning. And, it is Valentine's Party Day, so the kids will be like this as they come in. No quick DIS time at school today.

Jill said she has definitely started on the new report, but with work and after-school activities, she has just not gotten around to wrapping it up. I think by the time she nurses Sophie one last time in the evening, she deserves to just crash and be done with her day, too. They are coming up here Saturday, so if she doesn't get to it before, she will have plenty of help here to free her up to do so.

Meanwhile, we can enjoy snow pictures, celebrate each others' kids and accomplishments, and live through FB pictures of those who are in Disney World now (Katie) or who have just gotten back (Meghan, Kim, Cathy). Have a Thrilling Thursday, all!

And, this can serve as a pre-trip, as we don't do pre-trip reports. If anyone was wondering where I might be FIVE weeks from today - as I am sure you all had this on your mind first thing this morning, right? - well....I can answer that for you. I will be getting ready to spend my day at Animal Kingdom! Can't wait to ride that rickety old jeep to the Serengeti Plains of Africa and walk the Maharajah Trails in search of a wild tiger! No, not that tiger. I will probably find a few napping ones, but maybe I will get lucky and one will be up and walking around. Anyway, five weeks from today is going to be a good day! I am really starting to 'feel it' now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 02-14-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #2850
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Yay for 5 weeks!!!!
I only have 7 months ha ha. But I did update my ticker yesterday!!

Ah Animal Kingdom LOVE it!!

Sounds like Jill is just non stop. I cannot imagine having her schedule & doing a report as well. I only had soccer games to go to (some in NC) & I still was a bad disser but I have been trying to keep up with my TR now. No more excuses for me.

You were mentioned in my update last night. Remember me texting you about pizza in WS??

Good luck with your observation. I am sure you will do fine!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: