Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #2656
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Such great pictures at the Poly. I love visiting there. Would love to stay there some day. Sounds like you are getting quite a group together for you New Years Eve at O'Hanas. That should be lots of fun.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #2657
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I just booked a fishing excursion leaving from the Poly for Lang, the boys, my niece, and nephew for our June trip. Since my mom and I will not be fishing, I booked us for the 'Ohana character breakfast. We are doing Universal again(we got AP's last year and they will still be valid this June) with some SeaWorld thrown in. It is so hard going to Orlando without visiting Mickey. Hopefully, eating breakfast with him will help.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #2658
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

It's January, and we are already making New Year's Eve plans. Is that odd?
Not at all!!! It's good to have something to look forward too!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #2659
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
Exactly!! It's what those of us who have longer waits between visits have to cling too!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #2660
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Does it sound weird to say that when looking at your pictures, I could practically smell the Poly? Such a pretty resort to wander around!
No, ma'am, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Ah I love all the Poly pictures!! I love doing exactly what you did & browse through the stores & resort. We have never stayed there either but would love to someday.

Have a great day!!
It's a good place to window shop for some different things, since they have a pretty good selection on 'real' clothes and jewelry, and not just Mickey everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Yay me too!! Sounds awesome!!

We're having quite the weather in IA the past few days. We had an ice storm Sunday, today it'll get about 50 degrees, and tonight & tomorrow it'll be 20 degrees & snow.
60 something today, 30 something by Thursday. At least we have almost made it to February, and it hasn't been horrible. We just have to push through February and hope for a good March. March here can be a crazy mixed bag of weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Aww! It was nice to see all of the pictures of the Poly & the beach! We explored the resort for the first time in December!! We never made it out to the beach area, but the inside of the resort is so pretty!! I love the tropical resorts at Disney!

Going to catch up on your report now! I'm a little bit behind!
Yes, we love the tropical resorts, too. It's so different from what we see every day. We enjoy the colorful landscaping, the music, and the decor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Such great pictures at the Poly. I love visiting there. Would love to stay there some day. Sounds like you are getting quite a group together for you New Years Eve at O'Hanas. That should be lots of fun.
Much food will be consumed, and much fun will be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I just booked a fishing excursion leaving from the Poly for Lang, the boys, my niece, and nephew for our June trip. Since my mom and I will not be fishing, I booked us for the 'Ohana character breakfast. We are doing Universal again(we got AP's last year and they will still be valid this June) with some SeaWorld thrown in. It is so hard going to Orlando without visiting Mickey. Hopefully, eating breakfast with him will help.
That's the way we're thinking about the summer trip. We're doing a day at SeaWorld, but we're staying in a Disney resort. We'll do DTD and probably go over to Poly to see fireworks one of the two nights, but no parks. We might do a character meal, but then again, we're doing one at Vero, so maybe not. We can soak up plenty of Disneyness at the resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I just think it's kind of funny that we already have our NYE planned. We are looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Exactly!! It's what those of us who have longer waits between visits have to cling too!
We are so very, very blessed to be getting our three trips this year. If it weren't for Marc and Anita letting us bunk in with them for parts or all of some of these journeys, they would be either greatly shortened or not happening at all.

2013 is proving to be somewhat like 2012 - plenty of bad news dotting our days. Anita knows a family who has just lost their teenage son to a car crash. We had a family here who was hit by an unlicensed driver last night. The car that he hit had a new mother with her 14 day old son, her toddler daughter, and her mother, who was in town staying with her to help for a few weeks. The grandmother died in surgery, the mother is badly injured and will undergo five surgeries in the next week, the infant son is okay, and the two year old is on life support. Please keep these families in your thoughts and prayers, and as always, remember to treasure your days.

Also, an update on Lindy, the girl who was hurt in the skiiing accident - she has been moved to a rehab hospital in Atlanta and will be there for 2-3 months of hard work. They say her spirit continues to amaze everyone. I love to hear that.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 01-30-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #2661
KatMark
DIS Veteran

more pictures of the Poly.

How did you like Captain Cook's? We've not eaten there since 2004 and tht was before they did the total refurb. The menu looks appealing.

One of those shirts that you posted from the shop I bought Mark in 2011. He still hasn't forgiven me. I didn't even look at the price tag and when I checked out I was a little shocked to see it was $65.00. Needless to say, I didn't tell him and he saw it when he took the price tag off to wear the shirt in Marco.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #2662
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

As MeMom mentioned a dear friend and coworker lost her 14 year old son late Friday night in a roll over accident on a dirt road just outside of our small town. It was just yards away from Baylor's best friends house. Baylor woke me up very early Saturday morning with the news. The boys, (Baylor and Tommy) were out in the field where the SUV finally came to rest inspecting the area and said it was horrible. We attended the visitation this evening and the parents seem to be walking in a fog. Tomorrow is the funeral. The entire community is mourning the loss of this dear boy. We ache for his family. The boy that died attended our elementary school from K-5 so we all knew him so well.....
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #2663
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom
As MeMom mentioned a dear friend and coworker lost her 14 year old son late Friday night in a roll over accident on a dirt road just outside of our small town. It was just yards away from Baylor's best friends house. Baylor woke me up very early Saturday morning with the news. The boys, (Baylor and Tommy) were out in the field where the SUV finally came to rest inspecting the area and said it was horrible. We attended the visitation this evening and the parents seem to be walking in a fog. Tomorrow is the funeral. The entire community is mourning the loss of this dear boy. We ache for his family. The boy that died attended our elementary school from K-5 so we all knew him so well.....
Anita- again, my prayers are with you all. Tragedy in a small town is especially difficult- and we have had our fair share. Blessings as all begin the long road ahead.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #2664
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

My DH had today off and he mentioned to me that there is availability for a studio at Kidani for post Christmas - Jan 3. First thought in my mind? OOOH, I could meet the DIStown gang at the Poly on NYE!!!!

No, we didn't book it. Just considering the possibility of our future plans. But the thought has been floated out there...who knows?

Thanks for the tour of Poly! So pretty!

to all those suffering losses. Hang in there!! I will pray for peace.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #2665
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
more pictures of the Poly.

How did you like Captain Cook's? We've not eaten there since 2004 and tht was before they did the total refurb. The menu looks appealing.

One of those shirts that you posted from the shop I bought Mark in 2011. He still hasn't forgiven me. I didn't even look at the price tag and when I checked out I was a little shocked to see it was $65.00. Needless to say, I didn't tell him and he saw it when he took the price tag off to wear the shirt in Marco.
We like Captain Cook's. The Aloha Pork Sandwich was huge and quite good. In the past, I have had burgers and grilled cheese there, as well. Ever since I have read that the noodles are the same as those at 'Ohana, I am anxious to get over there and see for myself. If they are, I will have a new favorite there!

Yes, the good thing about BouTiki is that there are unique things. The bad thing is, they are kind of pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We have lost teenage boys to car wrecks here, too, so we know the scenario that is going on for you guys right now. Very sobering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Anita- again, my prayers are with you all. Tragedy in a small town is especially difficult- and we have had our fair share. Blessings as all begin the long road ahead.
Life can change in an instant. We hear that all our lives, and the older we get, the more we see that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
My DH had today off and he mentioned to me that there is availability for a studio at Kidani for post Christmas - Jan 3. First thought in my mind? OOOH, I could meet the DIStown gang at the Poly on NYE!!!!

No, we didn't book it. Just considering the possibility of our future plans. But the thought has been floated out there...who knows?

Thanks for the tour of Poly! So pretty!

to all those suffering losses. Hang in there!! I will pray for peace.
We would certainly love to have you join us! I think the idea deserves one of these!

Can you imagine having the joy of a new baby and having this special time with your mom in these first weeks, and then having things turn so tragic in one moment's time? This girl has lost her mom, and there is little hope that her daughter is going to make it. Her baby boy was having to have help breathing, but he is fine now. And she, herself, has broken limbs and cuts and faces more surgeries in the days ahead. The road ahead is going to be pretty rough for this family, and they are going to need much support and encouragement.

Hope all of you are safe. We've had tornado warnings here since about two a.m. There are reports of high winds - 70 to 90 mph - on the news. A truck driver said he was driving along and the wind scooped his truck over. Someone on FB said they heard 105 mph, but on the news I have only heard the 70-90. That's still scary and a bit destructive. As far as I know, my house is good. I won't be surprised if I find all my roof shingles in the yard when I peek out this morning, though! They just announced that there are about 25,000 people without power in Davidson County, and there are some roads shut down due to debris and fallen trees. Should be an interesting morning.

And in more exciting and happy news - 7 weeks from right now, I will be at the airport ready to head off to you know where!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 01-30-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #2666
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hope you are safe in all of that wind!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #2667
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sorry to hear news like that. I cannot imagine what the family is going through. Thoughts & prayers to all of you.

Can you imagine having the joy of a new baby and having this special time with your mom in these first weeks, and then having things turn so tragic in one moment's time? This girl has lost her mom, and there is little hope that her daughter is going to make it. Her baby boy was having to have help breathing, but he is fine now. And she, herself, has broken limbs and cuts and faces more surgeries in the days ahead. The road ahead is going to be pretty rough for this family, and they are going to need much support and encouragement.

So so sad.

Hope all of you are safe. We've had tornado warnings here since about two a.m. There are reports of high winds - 70 to 90 mph - on the news. A truck driver said he was driving along and the wind scooped his truck over. Someone on FB said they heard 105 mph, but on the news I have only heard the 70-90. That's still scary and a bit destructive. As far as I know, my house is good. I won't be surprised if I find all my roof shingles in the yard when I peek out this morning, though! They just announced that there are about 25,000 people without power in Davidson County, and there are some roads shut down due to debris and fallen trees. Should be an interesting morning.

Stay safe!! I just heard on GMA that the tornado warnings are heading towards Alabama. Please keep us posted that you are all safe!!

And in more exciting and happy news - 7 weeks from right now, I will be at the airport ready to head off to you know where![/QUOTE]

Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #2668
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Just catching up and I so enjoyed the Poly this morning. We have had some snow and the kids have a snow day. I decided we would have a snow day too and wouldn't you know Lexi woke up at 5:30AM. I heard about your tornados as they made the news here even though we have had snow. Stay safe!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #2669
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is just heartbreaking. I can't imagine what the parents are going through....I honestly don't know how you would move on with your life.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #2670
daisylove
Met a DISboard Celebrity!

Just checking in on you guys. Hope those storms passed you by.

We have had some terrible days down here as well. My husbands friend's mom was killed by her husband (married 52 yrs). He stabbed her to death last week. It is all so sad.
Then this week one of my students (college) was driving early in the morning (possibly drunk) and hit and killed a man and then drove away.She was found and arrested. The last thing I said to her after her last class last wednesday was to try and stop having fender benders and drive more carefully. She is a very naive 20 yr old college kid who has now taken one mans life, ruined a family's life and ruined her own life by being dumb. Just heartbreaking all around. Sometimes these kids just devastate me with their actions.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: