Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #2296
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

We would love to retire 45 mins south of Orlando.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS19/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years

Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #2297
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What fun updates! It makes me homesick for OKW, it really is so very vacationy, I agree! Truly, I could live there I think. I'm sad, they didn't have that OKW women's shirt when we were there this summer, it might have come with me had it been there, it's adorable.

If I were ever to do an owners locker, that mickey head flatware would be perfect. Oh virtual shopping is so much fun!

YAY for balloon butterflies and buttons, what a fun fun outing!
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #2298
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

You think OKW has a lot for kids.. just wait to Vero. I think OKW is so similar to Vero, layout I know but even the vibe and pool. I know we will enjoy OKW since we are huge Vero fans. Have a great weekend... I was ready after three days back with kids. How many days till summer
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #2299
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You have plenty to keep you busy, I'm sure, from now until take-off! We all hope you and your mom have a fantastic time!
Thank you!! We're all packed and ready to go! We take off in less than 12 hours!

Next: Graduation trip in 2015!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #2300
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm with Brooklynn too, lite salt.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #2301
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm with Brooklyn. I love the pretzels, but just a taste of the salt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm with Brooklynn too, lite salt.
I moved you salt 'haters' together.

Just messin' wif ya...DIStown loves its salters and non-salters!

I guess in my 55 years I am just now being enlightened to the fact that some people desalt, at least somewhat, their pretzels. I've never thought about desalting them before. Also, an interesting totally non-interesting fact about me is that a pretzel is one of the few things I like to drink a soda with. I am mainly a water drinker, but an Auntie Anne's pretzel and soda at the mall - good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We would love to retire 45 mins south of Orlando.
Very nice. I hope that works out for you. I think I would like to be a little north of Orlando, and I would want to be inland more than on either coast, just for weather purposes. I have seen hurricane damage and things like red tide, so inland where I can travel to the beach when I want to would work for me. And being close enough for day trips to WDW would make life wonderful, wouldn't it? I don't think I'll ever have to think too much about it, though, because the chances of me ever moving to Florida are slim. All my kids are in this area, so I like where I am for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What fun updates! It makes me homesick for OKW, it really is so very vacationy, I agree! Truly, I could live there I think. I'm sad, they didn't have that OKW women's shirt when we were there this summer, it might have come with me had it been there, it's adorable.

If I were ever to do an owners locker, that mickey head flatware would be perfect. Oh virtual shopping is so much fun!

YAY for balloon butterflies and buttons, what a fun fun outing!
I think part of the appeal is that it seems like a little town that you could be living in.

It was good to see that they had a lot of resort specific merchandise.

The balloon animals there are the best in Disney World...at least that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
You think OKW has a lot for kids.. just wait to Vero. I think OKW is so similar to Vero, layout I know but even the vibe and pool. I know we will enjoy OKW since we are huge Vero fans. Have a great weekend... I was ready after three days back with kids. How many days till summer
We are looking so forward to Vero. Now that we have altered our schedule, as in not going to Gatlinburg right after Florida, we have also altered our Florida time plans. We were going to drive over from Vero one day to go to Sea World, probably spending a night at a Disney resort, doing some DTD time and maybe a resort meal or some kind of Disney activity, and then drive back to Vero. Now, we're staying at Vero the whole time, then on the last day of Vero we will go over to Orlando and do all that, driving on home from there.

I can't complain, because I have had a very nice break, but I'm sure it will hit hard on Monday, and next week will seem forever long! It doesn't help that our paychecks greeted us with a cut, too, due to the SS change. But, I am so, so, so thankful to have a job and many other blessings. I am richer and happier than I deserve to be, so I will take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
Thank you!! We're all packed and ready to go! We take off in less than 12 hours!
It is time!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 01-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #2302
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

MeMom, I was also hit hard with the SS cut. Us, teachers, don't make enough as it is and then hit us with a cut. Also, how could they take away our Disney money?

Anywho, I can't wait for pictures from Vero. We've been debating whether or not to go there. My parents have DVC and we are futurnate enough to go with them when they use their points. Vero is about a 2 hour drive from us, but is so different from our beaches. I also really want to do Hilton Head.

The girls will really like Seaworld. For a Non-disney park, it's my favorite. I wish Disney could have a park like that, it would be amazing. Could you imagine it being Nemo themed?

How's the weather up there? It's rainy and dreary in usual sunny South Florida.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #2303
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Cute pics.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #2304
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

We go to Disney regularly and its been a few weeks. My three year old is going through withdraws.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #2305
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I always enjoy the pictures you send me while at WDW! Keep wishing in that special place for us!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #2306
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Awesome! You can share even more OKW pictures with its fans.

How is Chris, by the way? Any upcoming Disney trips with you for him? Tell him I said hello!
Chris is well. One semester of college down. Spring semester and then he should be transferring to the local University. We discuss a bit of that yesterday and he does want to be on or near campus.

If I can get one certain older daughter to find full time work I may have an empty nest soon.

Not sure whether to or

Asked Chris anout NYE 13 and he wasn't jumping up and down about it.
I think I am on board either way.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #2307
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I had no idea that OKW had so many cool activities for kids! That is such an awesome feature! My nieces and nephew would have loved that. And I love the picture of Brooklynn sitting in the big sand pail! So precious!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #2308
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
MeMom, I was also hit hard with the SS cut. Us, teachers, don't make enough as it is and then hit us with a cut. Also, how could they take away our Disney money?

Anywho, I can't wait for pictures from Vero. We've been debating whether or not to go there. My parents have DVC and we are futurnate enough to go with them when they use their points. Vero is about a 2 hour drive from us, but is so different from our beaches. I also really want to do Hilton Head.

The girls will really like Seaworld. For a Non-disney park, it's my favorite. I wish Disney could have a park like that, it would be amazing. Could you imagine it being Nemo themed?

How's the weather up there? It's rainy and dreary in usual sunny South Florida.
That is valuable Disney money!!! I ran into two teachers from my school today at Home Depot, and the first thing one of them asked is what I thought about my last paycheck. Luckily, they both have working husbands, so with their paychecks and their husbands' checks, the will make it. We just have to pinch something else tighter. For example, if I am the only one in the house, the heat is low and the lights are off until I have to turn them on. I know it isn't much, but it offsets a penny here and there.

It was probably mid-40's today and sunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
Cute pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
We go to Disney regularly and its been a few weeks. My three year old is going through withdraws.
Nice to have you here. We totally understand about the withdrawals. 3, 53, or 83 - we are all still Disney kids at heart and want to be there almost all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I always enjoy the pictures you send me while at WDW! Keep wishing in that special place for us!
I wish I had a better phone with a better camera, but I am glad that even the crummy pictures bring happiness.

Counting down the weeks until I can be back to make wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Chris is well. One semester of college down. Spring semester and then he should be transferring to the local University. We discuss a bit of that yesterday and he does want to be on or near campus.

If I can get one certain older daughter to find full time work I may have an empty nest soon.

Not sure whether to or

Asked Chris anout NYE 13 and he wasn't jumping up and down about it.
I think I am on board either way.
Trent moved out a few months ago. He lives closer to his work now. I spent the last couple of days boxing up the rest of his stuff and recreating his bedroom, which was actually a living room, back into a living room.

We're in for next Christmas to NY. We will arrive on Christmas Day and come home on the 2nd. I will probably be 'saving our spot' in the next couple of weeks. I also need to book for the night of June 20th for our summer visit to Sea World after Vero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I had no idea that OKW had so many cool activities for kids! That is such an awesome feature! My nieces and nephew would have loved that. And I love the picture of Brooklynn sitting in the big sand pail! So precious!
Here's another photo op at OKW.

You may recognize the model in it. She is now a big girl who can order her own pretzels.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #2309
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

You can put me in the "takes all the salt off the pretzel " category with Brooklynn. Plus, I have to have mustard on it. Unless it is the Cream Cheese pretzel at Magic Kingdom or the Jalapeno one at Animal Kingdom. Oh, how I want to be eating any pretzel at Disney right now!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #2310
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
You can put me in the "takes all the salt off the pretzel " category with Brooklynn. Plus, I have to have mustard on it. Unless it is the Cream Cheese pretzel at Magic Kingdom or the Jalapeno one at Animal Kingdom. Oh, how I want to be eating any pretzel at Disney right now!
Pretty sure you don't have to worry about me stealing your pretzel, because I don't like mustard. I have had a cream cheese pretzel, but I have not had a jalapeno one. I prefer regular salted ones.

This pretzel talk is making me think about what other snacks I might end up having in March.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: