Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #211
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

What a great classroom!! Love it!!

What are your weekend plans? I'm hanging out at home, watching the Olympics.

Have a great day!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #212
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

-I cannot wait to see Art of Animation! I'm waiting for the Little Mermaid area
-I just love all of the details that they put into everything!
-I would probably get the Surf and Surf burger and the strawberry banana smoothie!
-I LOVE the hot pink shirt!
-The purple AOA Ariel shirt is really cute!
-I need that AOA mug in my life
-I'm in love with that charm bracelet
-"The King" looks yummy!
-Mmmm! That lo mein looks delish!
-I love the 3D looking blocks!
-I love the toy story theme!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #213
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Mmmm, Mom's Night Out chicken sounds delicious right now, and it's only 10:00 in the morning. LOL!

I would have wanted to go out exploring, too!

Love your classroom. I really need you and Anita to come and work your Disney magic on my room.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #214
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

I've never seen the King Cupcake...I've got to try one of those.
I'm thinking on this trip, I will try to be a bit more adventurous with my eating. Try some new things. Seems like I always eat about the same thing.

Love the pictures of your classroom. I bet the kids will too.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #215
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Your classroom in AMAZING! My DD would love it!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #216
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
It seems like the 13th may be a good day to meet. Katie and Anita will both be there by then. We are leaving on the 13th, though, so it will have to be in the mid-morning, most likely. We will have to get all of our stuff to luggage services before we head out for the day. We'll organize it more later.
Definitely. Certainly have enough time.

That cupcake kind of sounds gross and yet yummy all at once.

Glad to hear you ventured out.

The classroom looks great.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #217
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Whew, lots to catch up on! Love your shopping and AoA pictures! It is an awesome resort. Disney is so good at theming. Aulani was fantastic theming with subtle Disney touches.
Your classroom is great! I cannot believe school is starting. I ordered the boys backpacks last night.
I am staying in all day to watch the Olympics. I have always been a huge fan!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #218
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I love your classroom. You did a wonderful job.

One of the first things, after visiting AOA, I plan to do on my next stay at PC is try the KING cupcake. I hope it taste as good as the pictures look.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #219
3timesmom
Earning My Ears

I love your classroom, Memom!! Your students are sooo lucky!
Old 07-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #220
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Wow!! What a great learning environment your classroom is! I can just imagine how much more I would have liked going to school, if I had a teacher who loved Disney and a cool movie like toy story!!!

My grandson looked at the pictures and promptly declared, "I want to go to school in that room this year"!! I told him it would take too long to get there from TX every day. lol

Ok, the cupcake sounds good, but not too sure about the bacon. Did you have one? Would like a review on that one first.

Looking forward to more adventures!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #221
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Looks like you guys had a nice meal. I could've definitely gone for one of those King cupcakes

Aha, totally saw this coming! I knew you couldn't not go to the parks. Let's hope the weather forecast isn't right for your little solo romp

EDIT: Oh wow, my time is awful when I comment lol Anyways, love your classroom! You never fail to make it perfectly Disney-fied. I especially love the outside bulletin board! Seriously, why aren't there more teachers like you?
We have typed over each other a couple of times lately, haven't we?

You thought I would sneak off to a park? Good guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Cute! The army men did a great job with that apostrophe! If you need anything more in the way of plushes from TS3 I have the whole set that I used the year before last... I can put them in the box when I mail Brook's birthday gift!
I think I am okay now. For whatever reason, I really thought a Wheezy would complete things, and Jessica is going to send one to live with us for the year. If I manage to get one cheap during the year, I can go ahead and send hers back.

You know I am going to say - You do not need to send Brooklynn anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Super cute room! Thanks for posting pictures!! I have decided there is something special about 2nd grade teachers. It's a special year and it's one where the teacher can make such a huge difference - the kids are really at the age to soak everything in. So Kudos to you and thanks for doing what you do.
I really like this grade. They have been in school for two years, so the routine is familiar. Some of them start to get attitudes early, but for the most part, they are still very controllable. I have had some unique cases that were a little over the top, but I managed to come out alive at the end of the year. Thankfully.

I learned I will be having another one who is a little over the top this year. Hopefully just the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I loovee your classroom! Why can't ALL classrooms be like yours??
Everybody is not Disney-crazy like I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonsMomma View Post
AoA looks fabulous! I can't wait to stay there one day.

I really enjoy staying at Pop. We (Mike and I) both agreed that it is better than any of the hotels we have stayed at. Although, I did enjoy SSR when we stayed there in May.

Your classroom totally rocks! All of the kids that walk through your door are so lucky to have a teacher like you.
You are far too kind. I am actually pretty strict, but I am also fair, and I try to be fun. A good mix seems to work well for all of us.

We are rather fond of Pop, but I can sure see how it would be nice to stay in the deluxes, too, if the finances were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your classroom is truly awesome! I love it. I would have really enjoyed being in a classroom like that when I was younger! (And I probably wouldn't mind being in one like that right now, either.)
Any time you are in the area, I will count on you coming to visit my classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
The King cupcake? Candied bacon? I'm guessing that's a reference to Elvis? Wow, I've never seen that one.

Your room looks great! Love the wooden block letters. I haven't seen those. Looks as if you're ready for school to start. When do your kids come for their first day? Ours is August 15, so I've still got almost three weeks.

I couldn't help but notice that your magnetic board letters had "Poly" on there!
Yep, it is a cupcake fit for Elvis. It is pretty new.

We have 'Meet the Teacher' Tuesday night, and the kids start Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
love your classroom decorations!! the outside board is so cute and creative
I enjoy decorating the room. I know people probably think I am kidding, but the decor is as much for me as it is for the kids. It helps me smile during rough times.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #222
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post
I am finally here and caught up ! I am going for a new job at work and I have actually had to work. How dare they . Loving all of your updates. I think that we are going to stop by AOA one night for dinner in September. We have to go visit some of DH's relatives one day so maybe on the way back in we can stop there. Chloe will love the cars section. Your classroom looks phenomenal!!! Hope all is well.
I think you will enjoy seeing it in person.

Thanks about the classroom, and yes, all is well - except for the part about summer being over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I LOVE your classroom! Seth would too. If I ever get up there this school year during the week, we'll have to stop by so he can check it out!
Absolutely! Students always love visitors. It means they can get off task for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
As we say every year MeMom, your classroom looks amazing!!! I love it! It looks like a super fun room to learn in (with an amazing teacher to go with it!)

I'm with you too. I can't do early nights at WDW! I need to fit in as much as possible! I've already told my family that this fall when they leave for naps in the afternoon or for early bedtimes for the kiddos - I will see them later! I will sleep on the plane on the way home! (even though the flight is less than 2 hours....)
We did have some early nights in, but I just wasn't ready for that on the first night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Very cool classroom!!
Thanks, Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Joining in! Your trip has gotten off to a great start. Thank you for the AoA pics, they make me excited for our upcoming stay there. I also know I need to save more money for a few souvenirs I spied in your pictures!

So how was the King cupcake? I may have to walk over to Pop just to try it (along with some Tye-dye cheesecake!

Your classroom is amazing! How creative you are - your kids are blessed to have you as their teacher!

Looking forward to reading more!
The frosting was the best part, and I am not a frosting person at all. I almost always scrape nearly all frosting off cakes, but I wanted to get the full taste of this. We cut it into fourths. Bella didn't want any. Brooklynn's part had almost all the banana cream. It wasn't evenly distributed. The frosting was light and fluffy - peanut butter flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
First things first...your classroom is Awesome!

I love all the little details and the fun toys placed around the room.
Your students will love it and have fun while they are learning too!
You are a great teacher! They are lucky to have you!

Wow, that cupcake looks yummy! I'm very curious about the candied bacon.
Since bacon is one of Lexi's favorites...I bet she will want to try one.
Did you like it?

Lexi was excited to see your pics last night. I was right, she wants the Perry ears.
She said "I like seeing Memoms pictures. She always has good stuff to see."
We also watched a video of Philarmagic...got us in a gitty mood.

I booked the airfare for September and to my surprise there was a sale yesterday.
If we flew out on Monday instead it was cheaper. So we are staying an extra night...can't hurt right???

My "girls" are home safe and sound.
Lexi loved swimming in the lake the best and she saw a black bear.
They brought me back a carry on full of wild blueberries that they picked while up there.
Can't wait for tomorrow morning for blueberry waffles.

I have work tonight and tomorrow we are going to the States for back to school shopping.
Realized we have only 4 Sundays until we go so I have to get it done.

Have a fun weekend!
There was very little bacon, and it was candied, kind of like a candied jerky. Kind of hard to explain.

Glad you have your family back. I know you missed them, but I am sure you enjoyed a little quiet time, too.

Yay for an extra Disney night!

I'm glad Lexi enjoys the shopping pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Lexi wants to send you a message...

I think your room is cute! Like the Potato heads and the front door.

And the army men.

Lexi
Thanks, sweetheart! I wish you could see it in person sometime. If you guys ever drive through Nashville, we will have to work that out.

I hope you have a great school year ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
What a great classroom!! Love it!!

What are your weekend plans? I'm hanging out at home, watching the Olympics.

Have a great day!
Trent and Drew and some friends have been watching. I have been out and about today - busy most of the day. Tomorrow, after I get home from church, I am doing a whole lot of nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
-I cannot wait to see Art of Animation! I'm waiting for the Little Mermaid area
-I just love all of the details that they put into everything!
-I would probably get the Surf and Surf burger and the strawberry banana smoothie!
-I LOVE the hot pink shirt!
-The purple AOA Ariel shirt is really cute!
-I need that AOA mug in my life
-I'm in love with that charm bracelet
-"The King" looks yummy!
-Mmmm! That lo mein looks delish!
-I love the 3D looking blocks!
-I love the toy story theme!
I was going to get the AoA mug, but I never did. I got a t-shirt, though, so I do have something.

John said the lo mein was pretty good, but not as good as people have raved about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Mmmm, Mom's Night Out chicken sounds delicious right now, and it's only 10:00 in the morning. LOL!

I would have wanted to go out exploring, too!

Love your classroom. I really need you and Anita to come and work your Disney magic on my room.
I think middle school teachers need some extra Disney magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post
I've never seen the King Cupcake...I've got to try one of those.
I'm thinking on this trip, I will try to be a bit more adventurous with my eating. Try some new things. Seems like I always eat about the same thing.

Love the pictures of your classroom. I bet the kids will too.
I will find out if the kids like Toy Story first thing Wednesday morning! Some will come for a preview Tuesday night.

I like to try a few new things when in WDW. I had my first susi there and my first taste of scallops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Your classroom in AMAZING! My DD would love it!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Definitely. Certainly have enough time.

That cupcake kind of sounds gross and yet yummy all at once.

Glad to hear you ventured out.

The classroom looks great.
It does sound odd, but it was pretty good. Not something I have to get again, but I wanted to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Whew, lots to catch up on! Love your shopping and AoA pictures! It is an awesome resort. Disney is so good at theming. Aulani was fantastic theming with subtle Disney touches.
Your classroom is great! I cannot believe school is starting. I ordered the boys backpacks last night.
I am staying in all day to watch the Olympics. I have always been a huge fan!
Our school guidance counselor is going to Aulani in October. Her son is getting married there. She said she will bring me back something that has the Aulani name on it. Do you recall any very small things that were in the gift shop? She said a t-shirt, maybe, but I don't want her to spend a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I love your classroom. You did a wonderful job.

One of the first things, after visiting AOA, I plan to do on my next stay at PC is try the KING cupcake. I hope it taste as good as the pictures look.
It was good. I am glad we tried it. I personally think it would have been better without the bacon touch, but that is part of the uniqueness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3timesmom View Post
I love your classroom, Memom!! Your students are sooo lucky!
They may not feel the same way when I start working them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Wow!! What a great learning environment your classroom is! I can just imagine how much more I would have liked going to school, if I had a teacher who loved Disney and a cool movie like toy story!!!

My grandson looked at the pictures and promptly declared, "I want to go to school in that room this year"!! I told him it would take too long to get there from TX every day. lol

Ok, the cupcake sounds good, but not too sure about the bacon. Did you have one? Would like a review on that one first.

Looking forward to more adventures!!
We did share a cupcake. It is worth trying, but I doubt I will buy another one in the future.

Yeah, I'd say TX to TN would be a long bus ride for a little boy! If you are ever in Nashville, he can sure come for a visit, though.
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #223
MeMom
DIS Veteran

So, here I am at Hollywood Studios.

This...

has been moved away from the little patch of grass in front of Brown Derby and out to the front.

Hooray for Hollywood!

The lights add so much to the atmosphere in this park in the evening.

Unique drink mugs.

There was a party going on at the stage in front of the hat.

I was not looking to do anything without the others, really. I just wanted to take pictures and soak in the 'being at Disney' feeling

I went past/under this sculpted arch.

Mission: check out Disney art.

This would be cute for a grandson's room someday.

Since we have seen this many times, and I knew it would be something I could do without feeling like I was leaving anyone out or upsetting them, I went to watch the Mushu show, also known as The Magic of Disney Animation.

There is rarely a crowd to get in this place, but I think it is a cute show.

Brave was being promoted.

They should have had more of the triplets in the movie. They were funny.

We still have not done this, and I don't know when we will get to it, since it would be hard to do with little ones.

Last edited by MeMom; 07-29-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #224
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

I love the art at Disney! I want to bring it all home. We did the Animation class last trip. We loved it! Cooper did great and Blake's was not accurate, but totally cute!
Aulani has several small things. I bet you would like one of the limited edition pins. I got one and it is a great addition to my pins. They also have key chains, etc.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #225
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I've been getting ready to go to Ohio for a few days so I missed the last few updates - we leave Monday morning. We're leaving Friday night, driving a few hours, and stopping somewhere in Pennsylvania before driving the rest of the way home on Saturday, so I'm hoping to get a DIS meet in with Hope (photographymom517) too.

I absolutely LOVE your classroom! It's so cute and so creative; I would love to see that in person!

Nice that you got to go to DHS. I know that feeling; even when I've been up early and traveling all day, I need to soak in as much as possible on that first day!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: