Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #166
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Wow, seeing the AoA pictures is amazing. I was watching that going up in January! I'm dying to see it all in person...plus another gift shop to check out is always a plus!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #167
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the great pictures of AOA. I can't wait to see it in person, I don't know when but someday. I think I want to try that surf and surf burger too.

Did Brooklynn say she wanted to stay there? I just know she had an opinion.

I'm so glad to see resort merchandise.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #168
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures! I can't wait to visit AoA! I'm trying to decided between staying there or POFQ on our next trip. The kids love the sea serpent slide, but I think they would like AoA too.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #169
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Loving the AoA pictures MeMom! Disney really outdid themselves with this resort. I especially love the little fun facts they added along the trail between Pop and AoA. Oh, I really hope I get to stay there someday *crosses fingers* Adorable picture of the girls with Sarge, those little waterbugs!
They definitely did more with this resort than just stick some random icons by each building. They did carry the theme on in a much deeper way over there than at any of the other value resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Good girl! I can't believe so many people have embraced that evil bear

Thanks for so many great pictures from AoA! I want to try and squeeze in a visit in September, but I'm still trying to figure out where in the plans I can squeeze it in
The food court has good breakfasts, so maybe you could kill two birds with one stone - go over there and have a meal and walk around a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I should've known you had a few more pictures up your sleeve. So embarrassing! Again, great pictures! Both the Cars and Finding Nemo sections of AoA are so nicely themed. I think the Finding Nemo playground might be the coolest one I've seen yet.

Hmmm... I don't know what I would get from AoA's food court. Maybe a Surf and Surf bigger with a Wild Berry Smoothie?

Ooooo... I love the gift shop at AoA! I want one of those resort specific shirts, so unique! Sorry to hear you couldn't get your paintbrush pens, I guess they are in high demand Oh and I'm loving the Donald Duck shirt too! Did you see that shirt anywhere else MeMom?

Wow what a beautiful little centerpiece/chandelier at AoA! And I love the name of the bar, especially with the reference it has to the movie being a bar. "The Drop Off"
They had that Donald shirt in several places.

I was hoping to get a paintbrush pen for Miss Anita Wigd before we left, but they never got any in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Wow! You're pics are making me want to stay there!
It's worth a trip to see it for a visit anyway, even if you don't stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Wow. Art of Animation looks amazing. The Nemo pool and playground are so adorable. I'm happy Disney is bringing back more resort themed merchandise. I'm hoping to pick up some Three Caballeros stuff when we stay at Coronado Springs in January. I think I would get the Surf and Surf burger. Being from Maryland, I love me some crab cakes. Looking forward to next update. -Amanda
There were several Three Caballero shirts in the market outside the ride, too.

Crab cakes for the Marylander - gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
Hi Guys... Sadly I have only been a lurker lately...
Of course I had to sub for the new report.
You have been too busy having fun with friends tohang out over here. I have been seeing your FB pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
The resort looks amazing!!
It is pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
I still have to catch up on the first 11 pages of this report, plus the last 10 pages of the last report, but I wanted to pop in and say I'm still here! I've barely been on the DIS lately. I started my psych class a few weeks ago and even though it's just one class, it's insanely hard. It's a really hard class during a normal semester but since it's in the 6 week summer session, it's at an accelerated pace. I have two weeks left, then we're off to Vermont for two weeks, and then right after we get back I go back to school full time. I'm kind of looking forward to getting back into my normal school routine. I'm so much more productive when I have a set schedule. The first month and a half of the summer flew by and I barely got anything done. I've gotten a lot more done since getting back into a semi-normal routine with my psych class.

Anyway, I'll try to get caught up here in the next couple days
So good to hear from our college girl!

I have never been to Vermont, but I would love to see it in the fall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Such cool pictures of the AoA! I really love the theming of the Cars section. Disney really outdid themselves! I hope all the resort specific merchandise there means they are bringing it back to the other places as well.
I did see resort merchandise at several DVC and deluxe resorts. I got t-shirts while they were still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Brendan is looking forward to exploring AofA the day he has on his own. Those pics are spectacular...I would love to poke around there.

That Donald shirt is definitely one for my younger son (Justin)
I saw that shirt on several young boys throughout the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Wow, seeing the AoA pictures is amazing. I was watching that going up in January! I'm dying to see it all in person...plus another gift shop to check out is always a plus!
By the time we go back in October, the entire resort will be open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Thank you for all the great pictures of AOA. I can't wait to see it in person, I don't know when but someday. I think I want to try that surf and surf burger too.

Did Brooklynn say she wanted to stay there? I just know she had an opinion.

I'm so glad to see resort merchandise.
Brooklynn did not say anything about staying there, because we had already told her we were going to stay one night there in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Wonderful pictures! I can't wait to visit AoA! I'm trying to decided between staying there or POFQ on our next trip. The kids love the sea serpent slide, but I think they would like AoA too.
I can see your kids really liking that resort. There is no slide, but the rest of it more than makes up for that, I think. It's funny, though, because I asked Brooklynn what resort would be her favorite to stay at. She said she had to pick two. Beach Club was one, because she likes Stormalong Bay, and the other one was French Quarter, because she likes the slide!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #170
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Love the AoA tour. We are reserved at Poly in Feb but now I'm re-thinking
Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #171
TCKK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

They would love a postcard! I will message you Jill's address. Thank you!
We go full speed ahead tomorrow! Summer is officially over for me when the clock strikes twelve.
Okay, just send it when you get the chance or private message me on FB will work too. If they have a favorite character they love, I can try to get a specific postcard.

Wow your school starts really early. Hope you have an awesome school year.

Quote:
[IMG]
I love this shirt. I may have to get one for my oldest DD. Loved all the AoA photos, and the shopping ones.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #172
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

AoA looks soooo amazing!! I tried to have us all stay there in the family suites this fall but I was overruled I wish I'd had these pictures to show my family! What amazing theming! I'll have to stay there someday!

MeMom - I was thinking of you today. There was a kid in the store today (a little guy, probably around 7) with his grandma and he was looking at all of the clothes going "MeMom do you like this? MeMom, how about this one? MeMom, this would look pretty on you!" You don't hear "MeMom" too often up here! It was cute!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #173
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I loved seeing all the AoA pics. I thing everything looks amazing-I'm really considering it for a next trip! The gift shop looks like a good one. I especially liked the Dory shirt about short term memory loss-or something like that!

Swimming hair looks like fun hair to me!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #174
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So good to hear from our college girl!

I have never been to Vermont, but I would love to see it in the fall!
It's nice to be back on the DIS!

I love Vermont! I've been there every summer of my life. I've never been there in the fall but I'd love to go some time. My mom and I have talked about going up for Columbus Day weekend before but we've never done it.

I love the AoA pictures! I can't wait to see the Lion King section when it opens.

I saw your March dates. If we go next year I'm not sure if it will be in January or during spring break. If we go in March, I won't overlap with you at all My break is the week before. I'd rather go in January, but it depends on my mom's work schedule.

Next: Graduation trip in 2015!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #175
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

AoA looks awesome!!! Your pictures are seriously making me want to stop by there just to check everything out. I LOVE that light fixture with the different sketches - so clever!!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #176
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Wow, AoA looks sooo amazing! I hope it holds up and stays 'fresh' looking!

Question: Since they have the cars all on display in CarsLand does that cut down on the 'wow' factor of meeting Lighting and Mator in DHS?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #177
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Hoping you have a great day today!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #178
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Loved the pictures from AoA! The light fixture/chandelier made from sketches was very cool. And I love the Perry shirt you got a shot of.

Do you mind if I share these links with some clients I have that are going to AoA this fall? I've been trying to send them pictures when I can since the resort is so new and information about it is coming out in bits and pieces.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #179
eeyore7360nc
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of AoA. We are spending our first night in a Little Mermaid room in September. I can't wait!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #180
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Your AoA pictures are great and the theming is really well done.
I'm sure we'll be heading over there, as well as to Pop, for a visit during our next trip - I can't wait for my youngest to see the giant Lady!
And seeing as that trip is only weeks away those shopping pictures have me thinking that I should be starting to make a list...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: