Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #1711
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Hi friends!

All caught up and I enjoyed seeing a ton of fun new pics!

Good to see the girls could make it for the Trunk n' Treat again this year.
Such a cool idea!
Sophie was so adorable as the pea in the pod!

Mmmm....the Plaza club sandwich looked yummy!
I have only been there once and I was still feeling a little under the weather that day.
Was the place I met sunnystace so I will always look back fondly on it.
I have to go for a do-over meal and I'm sure the food won't disappoint.

Guess the rumor was right and the Main Street Bakery will become a Starbucks.
I'm not a coffee/tea drinker so the place doesn't excite me.
I will miss the sweet smells that come from the bakery as I walk down Main Street. What will Jill and the girls do without their Cinnamon buns?
I hope they do a good job of camouflaging the new signage so it doesn't stand out.
I bet there will be some very happy coffee lovers that will be rejoicing. Apparently, Disney coffee didn't have the greatest reputation.

"muppet the frog" made me laugh out loud! Too cute!

Lexi wants the Fantasmic set...minus Ursela. ( she is not a fan of hers at all)
As a small child she would scream at the sight of her...oh yeah and E.T. too.

I bought Lexi the blu-ray special edition of E.T. with the plush doll for Halloween and she has made every excuse to not watch it up til now.
It's still in the shrink wrap....box faced backwards on the shelf.
I don't get it. I always though he was adorable.

Did you notice the Disney Store website is having 25% off this weekend!
Placed a nice large order on there tonight! Picked up some great deals!
You may want to check it out.

Gotta get some sleep...going to the States tomorrow after work for a little shopping getaway.

Can't wait to see if Walgreen's, Kmart or Target has any cute Disney Christmas stuff out yet.

P.S. Sign me up for the Retiring to Orlando Club. I will be there....in about 20 more years.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #1712
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

This is in response to the last set of pics...we enjoy the Plaza, love that sundae. It used to be our dinner on our arrival day...we would ck in the resort, put our things away and then over to MK for dinner! The last couple of trips we have done the dessert party when we arrived, but not this year. Maybe I will ck to see what is available next Sunday...

As for snow, we got about 5 inches. My son was early dismissal and then delayed opening. He got out of a French test, just as the were going to take it the announcement came that it was early dismissal and that the period would end in 5 minutes!!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #1713
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Muppet the Frog is too cute!! Kids really DO say the darndest things.

I've got one freaking out this morning - just acting like a whiny crying baby for no apparent reason. I'm running out of ideas for dealing with her. All over nothing - as usual. Is this what pre-teen years are like? Ugh.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #1714
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

We watched the Muppet Movie for the first time last night. It was a really cute movie. I liked The Muppet Show a lot growing up. I must admit that I don't know Angus. But, I'm glad Brooklynn got him.

Me DH DD DS
Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #1715
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth

I'm here and reading along, trying to catch up and STAY caught up!

Love The Plaza...yum. I read a rumor a while ago it might become the new Starbucks. And while I welcome Starbucks wholeheartedly to the Magic Kingdom and will happily get my vanilla latte...don't take away The Plaza. I truly hope it was a false rumor.
Well, we now know its going to be a few shops back from the plaza.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1716
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom
Hmmmm, I feel like having a pizza.
Ok
Then let's go to pizza planet.
Now wouldn't that be the life!
Don't ya know it
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #1717
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
I LOVE Pizza Planet, Muppet Vision, and Fantasmic, if you're going there next.
Love the comment about playing Fantasmic. I'll play with you guys!
Don't know if Fantasmic is next. We shall see.

When we play Fantasmic, let's make the lines to get in real short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
AH, the Muppets. So fun seeing those pictures from the actual Muppet Vision show! Though it looks like Waldorf is losing his 3D glasses!
It does. He may need a little sprucing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Haha! I love it that the cast member was aggravating Brooklyn about that purchase.
I would probably do the same thing.

Oh and you know that I would love to have my DIS friends come for a visit, when we make the big move. I just hope that it can happen while I'm still able to enjoy Disney!
Brooklynn is hilarious when someone is teasing her. You can see her mind start spinning as she tries to figure out if someone is kidding or not, and then she wants with all of her heart to handle it gracefully and not hurt anyone's feeling - for instance by saying, 'No, you can't have my brand new horse.' You can't tease Bella. She would have just told him okay, he could have that one or she'd go by him another, and it would have backfired on the guy!

Is it you ten year plan to be in Celebration, or at least in that area? You'll still be a spring chicken.

Well, maybe late spring or early summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Aww who wouldn't try to keep Angus for themselves?

Your pizza planet, "did we or didn't we", update cracked me up. Muppet the Frog. Love it!
Wonder where we will be off to next? I am going to find out in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You made me laugh with your "Did we eat at Pizza Planet or not?" comments! I've done the SAME thing while writing a TR!

And in case you haven't heard, the rumor I heard about Starbucks into The Plaza was incorrect - it's going into the Bakery! I have mixed feelings, and REALLY hope Disney does it like they did at DCA, keeping many Disney treats and a wonderful theme/look that fits, along with Starbucks treats and coffee and other drinks. I think it will fit very well if they do that, but people are very worried tonight about the treasured Main Street Bakery.
I take good notes for the first couple of days, but then I fizzle out or just forget where I put them. I have to rely on my feeble mind for recall, and since I am not a spring chicken, that's not very great memory. I rely on Jill a lot.

I will trust Disney to do it right until I see that they fail me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Hi friends!

All caught up and I enjoyed seeing a ton of fun new pics!

Good to see the girls could make it for the Trunk n' Treat again this year.
Such a cool idea!
Sophie was so adorable as the pea in the pod!

Mmmm....the Plaza club sandwich looked yummy!
I have only been there once and I was still feeling a little under the weather that day.
Was the place I met sunnystace so I will always look back fondly on it.
I have to go for a do-over meal and I'm sure the food won't disappoint.

Guess the rumor was right and the Main Street Bakery will become a Starbucks.
I'm not a coffee/tea drinker so the place doesn't excite me.
I will miss the sweet smells that come from the bakery as I walk down Main Street. What will Jill and the girls do without their Cinnamon buns?
I hope they do a good job of camouflaging the new signage so it doesn't stand out.
I bet there will be some very happy coffee lovers that will be rejoicing. Apparently, Disney coffee didn't have the greatest reputation.

"muppet the frog" made me laugh out loud! Too cute!

Lexi wants the Fantasmic set...minus Ursela. ( she is not a fan of hers at all)
As a small child she would scream at the sight of her...oh yeah and E.T. too.

I bought Lexi the blu-ray special edition of E.T. with the plush doll for Halloween and she has made every excuse to not watch it up til now.
It's still in the shrink wrap....box faced backwards on the shelf.
I don't get it. I always though he was adorable.

Did you notice the Disney Store website is having 25% off this weekend!
Placed a nice large order on there tonight! Picked up some great deals!
You may want to check it out.

Gotta get some sleep...going to the States tomorrow after work for a little shopping getaway.

Can't wait to see if Walgreen's, Kmart or Target has any cute Disney Christmas stuff out yet.

P.S. Sign me up for the Retiring to Orlando Club. I will be there....in about 20 more years.
Hi-dee-ho, northern neighbor!

Heavens, if Main Street StarBuckery doesn't have cinnamon rolls the size of Texas any more, we may catch Jill throwing rocks at the windows! I'm thinking Ernest T. Bass style whenever he got agitated about something. (It's me, it's me! It's Ernest T! CRASH!)

Have fun in the US!

P.S. I dare not go into a store looking for Disney Christmas things right now. I am already feeling withdrawal pains from no holiday trip, and I might buy out the whole place trying to recreate Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party right here at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
This is in response to the last set of pics...we enjoy the Plaza, love that sundae. It used to be our dinner on our arrival day...we would ck in the resort, put our things away and then over to MK for dinner! The last couple of trips we have done the dessert party when we arrived, but not this year. Maybe I will ck to see what is available next Sunday...

As for snow, we got about 5 inches. My son was early dismissal and then delayed opening. He got out of a French test, just as the were going to take it the announcement came that it was early dismissal and that the period would end in 5 minutes!!
Cool! How do you say SNOWBALL FIGHT! in French?

We don't have a first day ritual. We usually go to Magic Kingdom, but not always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Muppet the Frog is too cute!! Kids really DO say the darndest things.

I've got one freaking out this morning - just acting like a whiny crying baby for no apparent reason. I'm running out of ideas for dealing with her. All over nothing - as usual. Is this what pre-teen years are like? Ugh.
See, here's how it is: they are like the girls are now, and that's cool, and they are grown like Jill is, and that's cool, but in between that, there are a few short years that are somewhat less than cool. Really, it's not even years, it's just certain minutes during those years, and unfortunately, those minutes can be rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
We watched the Muppet Movie for the first time last night. It was a really cute movie. I liked The Muppet Show a lot growing up. I must admit that I don't know Angus. But, I'm glad Brooklynn got him.
Angus is Merida's horse - from Brave.

The Muppet Movie was very cute. We all saw it together, and the adults liked it, I'm sure, as much or more than the girls.

Quote:
Well, we now know its going to be a few shops back from the plaza.
Yep. Lots of talk on that today!

Quote:
Don't ya know it
Anita will know someday.....
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 11-11-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #1718
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic time?

Not yet.

Where did her Ma go wrong???

Salute to the great westerns. My dad love those shoot 'em up movies.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle...

This has been a really long goodbye, kid.

Some people like pictures of bad park shoes, so...

Jill, Sophie, Bella, Brooklynn, and Angus.

This movie used to scare the bejeezus (whatever bejeezus is) out of me. It wasn't so much the witch, but those flying monkeys were too much for this little girl to handle!

Movie time!

Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 11-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #1719
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Next time, we see Fantasmic.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #1720
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Maybe it is just my mood today but you are bringing the funny tonight.

The bad park shoes had me

I did the GMR in Oct. First time in several visits and well worth the short wait.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #1721
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I so love following along with your trip reports. Just the virtual escape I was looking for this Saturday night.

What is your feeling about Great Movie Ride? Do you think it should be updated with more current movies or kept the same? I'm torn...

Love the photo of Jill, Sophie, Bella, Brooklynn, and Angus... so cute!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #1723
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I have a friend that is moving into a brand new school right after Christmas and they are doing a building wide Wizard of Oz theme. Making a house with the socks and shoes sticking out came to mind at once.....

I have a feeling that you know exactly how I feel age wise.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #1724
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Do you know how many I have seen that show at the castle form a distance and yet never go up and watch? One day I should.
Fun Dip was one of my faves as a kid.
I have never set foot in Pizza Planet. Another I should try.
I wish the pre-show for the Muppets was shorter. It feels like it will never end. I love the movie though it could use an update.
I love the Muppets gift shop.
Great shots inside TGMR.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #1725
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

You know I've never been a big wizard of oz fan, they could make that section of the ride a little smaller
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: