Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #31
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

I just found your PJ from Ginger's page. I wish you all the best with wedding planning and here's hoping your families will all attend!

My DH and I had a Cinderella theme too (well, that and Pirates). I love the ideas you have and am SUPER jealous that you're planning a Castle wedding! DH said we could do that, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a wedding.

I like the stamp you want, but if it's expensive, have you checked Michael's or another hobby shop? I seem to remember finding a castle in their Disney collection of stamps. I know I definitely remember seeing Cinderella. Just a thought, it may be a little cheaper and what's the harm of checking it out first to see if it's what you want?

Wish I had known about the glass slipper from the Disney store. I would've loved to have one! I just thought of a plaque that DH bought me for our first Christmas that would go perfectly with your theme and your engagement story. I'd have to ask where he got it, but it says "One shoe can change your life. -Cinderella" So sweet for you two!

Don't worry about planning so much so early. We had decided on a Disney cruise and date and Castaway Cay before we ever talked to anyone! I started calling 15 months out and only got a response of "We can only plan those ceremonies 8 months out." Well, I kept persisting and finally got our date set a few weeks later. You're close to your 16 month limit! Just keep calling or emailing once you get your planner.

I wish you all the happiness in the World Happy planning!

WDW countless times with family and friends since I grew up down the road. With my fiance!-WDW May 21, 2010, DL Paris Jan 1, 2011 (just before he proposed) and our wedding/honeymoon Castaway Cay and WDW and DL April 3, 2012!! Probably DL Asia for our 5 year anniversary!

ccbride412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #32
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Alison!
I've so enjoyed reading your PJ! It's fabulous!!!

Omg, a castle wedding!! That's so awesome! I have no doubt that it will be all sorts of beautiful, magical, and fun! I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait so long to get your date from DFTW. It will be worth the wait though, I'm sure!

I absolutely adore your theme as well! I love vintage-style weddings, and Main Street will be a perfect compliment to your venues. I think your colors will suit this perfectly also!

I love love love your bouquet!!! That is just drop dead gorgeous! It's such an effervescent arrangement with a bit of a Victorian feel also. Seriously perfect! If you all decide to have attendants, what sort of flowers do you think you'll select?

Your welcome bags sound great! I'm also doing this for DF and I's guests, and they've been lots of fun to put together.

The hearts guestbook is too cute for words! I think I've seen this before on pinterest, and thought what a great idea it is.

I'm really impressed you've already figured out your music!! My planning guide for DCL is due this week and requires our music selections, and we're struggling big time with the music component. Hopefully we'll figure something out soon though

What an incredible engagement!! It was such a wonderful story to read, and I loved seeing all the photos! That's awesome that you had Disney photogs there to capture such a special moment. Your ring is gorgeous!

I am sorry to hear that some people in your family are struggling with your engagement. I can only imagine how disappointing/hurtful that can be in the face of your obvious happiness/love with Katie. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! Maybe they will surprise you, and realize that supporting/loving you all is the most important thing.

Love both the monograms, but the fancy one seems to fit with the feel of your wedding better. Didn't know you could do that on the weddingchicks website!!

DF and I had a disagreement about photography too... It's hard when each member of the couple prioritizes it differently, cause it is an expensive part of weddings. That's awesome that Katie has come around to the idea. I'm sure she'll be very happy she did in the end.

The Disneyland invite from Impressions is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what the Disney World one looks like!

Can't wait to see more of your plans! You're off to an incredible start already!! This is going to be a spectacular wedding!
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #33
unbrelievable
Mouseketeer

The drive from Pueblo to Greeley is about two and a half to three hours depending on how much traffic I hit. My parents dreaded it every time I wanted to come home for the weekend so they ended up buying me my own car my freshman year just so they didn't have to pick me up anymore. Haha.

Anyway back to the wedding, that shoe is just perfect for you guys! And those invitations, gah, gorgeous. Fingers crossed Disney World offers something similar, preferably in a color you want. I hope your dress appointment went well! I can't wait to see the dress, dresses are probably my favorite parts of weddings.
unbrelievable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #34
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Hi there!

Well Hello everyone! I am the one and only Katie as spoken about above! I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing comments. I'll be learking around and every now and then posting so Alison actually believes that I read our PJ. By the way, it might take me a while to get all the abbreviations and such.
KCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #35
fireofmarajade
8.29.12 MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCharming View Post
Well Hello everyone! I am the one and only Katie as spoken about above! I'd like to thank everyone for the amazing comments. I'll be learking around and every now and then posting so Alison actually believes that I read our PJ. By the way, it might take me a while to get all the abbreviations and such.
Awesome to hear from you and hope all of your disney dreams come true!
fireofmarajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #36
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I just found your PJ and I love all of your ideas. I can't wait to see pictures of the limited editon slipper! Your proposal was so sweet and from what I can tell, you and your fiance seem to be an amazing couple. I'm sorry that people can be so mean, and I hope they all come around and become part of your special day. We are also planning our wedding for April 2014. Now, I can show my fiance your PJ and tell him, "see, other people are planning already" since he thinks my wedding binder is already too big for something that is two years out. I can't wait to read more!
Summer Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #37
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream
I just found your PJ and I love all of your ideas. I can't wait to see pictures of the limited editon slipper! Your proposal was so sweet and from what I can tell, you and your fiance seem to be an amazing couple. I'm sorry that people can be so mean, and I hope they all come around and become part of your special day. We are also planning our wedding for April 2014. Now, I can show my fiance your PJ and tell him, "see, other people are planning already" since he thinks my wedding binder is already too big for something that is two years out. I can't wait to read more!
As the fiancé, I can tell you it's never to early to plan a Disney wedding. There is so much information and details that you need to jump on now.
KCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 AM   #38
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Love the updates!
Thanks much! Sorry I disappeared for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiEliz2 View Post
i totally feel your pain on the no kids thing, and i have three of my own!
i dont want my youngest siblings at my wedding- but since my father HAS TO be there- theres no way i can get out of it. because they are the only kids i want to exclude (theyre brats who are always running around breaking everything and bad influences on my :: publically :: well behaved kids) i dont think i could say "oh no, just your kids arent invited, all these other kids are good"
So if thats what you want- do it! stand your ground and if the parents decide they cant make the trip because of your decision thats more $ you can put towards your dream day!

Haha! That is awesome, my friends with kids keep me certain in my choice not to have any. Yeah that would be really hard to invite some kids and not others ! Unless the kids invited were the ones IN the wedding maybe.
Thanks! I already had the talk with some of my co-workers, and it turns out they were planning to fly a babysitter out with them! (they also work at southwest and get free flights and buddy passes). So YAY no awkwardness there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Hello! I saw your comment on Ginger's page and followed it over to your PJ! With all of my crazy wedding planning (36 days and counting!) I don't normally make time to read WDW weddings since they don't pertain to my DCL wedding- you're my first WDW PJ I tend to feel like I get long-winded on my PJ, too- no worries! It's YOUR PJ, give us all you got!!! You never know who will stumble upon it and find inspiration!!! Okay, I feel like a nerd, but I literally have a post-it-note filled up with notes so I don't forget to comment on anything about your PJ thusfar!!

I adore your color scheme! The inspiration board you gave is just gorgeous! I think it will fit in the attic just perfectly! I'm crossing my fingers for you that everything works out and you get everything your heart desires! I can't believe that they make you wait so darn long to confirm your wedding date! That's crazy! Don't they know that weddings take lots of time to plan??? The castle ceremony sounds PHENOMENAL! I live in Kissimmee and work at Hollywood Studios, and I still get warm fuzzies around Cinderella castle!!

I also love-love-love the key-to-the-world Save the Dates! I've seen (and received) the fastpass ones, but the key card seems way cooler to me! I think you should stick to the original designs- the "new" key-to-the-world cards don't look as great- not as magical! I think your bouquet is gorgeous! I love the brooches inside the fabric flowers with the netting! If you got a birdcage veil, it would match perfectly! Does that seller actually have a waiting list THAT long?? Yeesh!

I, myself, am ALSO a "Bling" lover- I think your rhinestone mickey cake topper sounds lovely! Since you bling everything, can I ask where you buy your rhinestones from? I also love the welcome bag idea- if you look at my PJ, I've got an extensive amount of things going into my bags, too! I agree wholly that you should gift things that are practical! I've got a 'first aid' kit with Mickey band-aids, polysporin, wet-ones hand wipes, single-use sun screen... and I'm making Mickey Mouse soaps and Bath salts (head nod to your single use epsom salts! I just bought a 6 lb bag today!) some glow sticks, a lint roller, personalized matches, mickey ice cubes, and I'm also making magnetic nametags and an "I'm here for the wedding" magnets for their stateroom doors! I love the Mickey bags you got from the Disney store- and at such a good price! Bonus- they're pre-themed for you!! haha! I love your plan to buy one thing per paycheck- it's such an easy way to get things accomplished! I did that, but apparently NOT ENOUGH! Since I'm about a month before my wedding, I'm finding all sorts of things that I need that have slipped my mind! Hopefully after studying event planning, you'll be way more organized and prepared that I am!!

OOOH, I got engaged at Disneyland, too!!! But your story sounds much more magical and picture perfect than mine! Michael asked me after Fantasmic and before the fireworks- that night there were only about 10 minutes between the two, so I was trying to rush and get a spot for the fireworks! He gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him- But I didn't believe he was being serious! He would ask me on a weekly or daily basis if I'd marry him that when he actually did it, I didn't believe him! I love that you're incorporating the cinderella slipper into your ceremony and I LOVE that you're cutting up that adorable t-shirt to turn it into a tote bag!!!

I totally know how you're feeling about your dad about his wife! My dad cheated on my mom and left her one day out of the blue, then not much more than a month after their divorce was finalized, he married his current wife... I see her as a cruella deville in my mind, lol! Perhaps that's not fair, but I just can't seem to tolerate her when I'm sober! That being said, I invited my dad to the wedding and he's attending, bringing wifey in tow. I am, however, having my oldest brother walk me down the aisle. It's something I just feel much more comfortable with! I'm sending me positive energies your way that he'll be accepting when you tell him about your engagement!!! I would really love for him to walk you down the aisle- you deserve it!!

Okay... I think that's all I had marked on my sticky note... Now I'm sounding long-winded!!! Happy planning, and I'm excited to read more!!!
I am honored to be your first WDW wedding !! I read yours long ago when I was in my quiet lurking stage, I am working on getting back through everything to make good comments! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply

I love our colors too (okay, obviously!) and was able to easily talk Katie into The Attic! She was right on board when I started showing her pictures, it just happens to fit so well :D. I talked to our coordinator recently about dates, and he agreed that we could book back-up locations as well as reception and dessert party space at the 12 month mark and then start looking otherwise at the castle at the 6 month mark.

I am SO excited to get that bouquet made! (spoiler alert!) I bought my wedding dress and it will go together so well ! YAY!. I guess her waiting list was growing for 2013, so I jumped on it for 2014! Got to be sure when you know it's right :D

I buy my rhinestones from Blingers on Etsy ---> http://www.etsy.com/shop/blingers
GREAT prices and they are fantastically sparkley.
Your welcome bags sound adorable!! I love all your plans :D

I am sure that buying one thing per paycheck will help, but like you said, probably won't be enough! Good way to start slowly though I figure when we hit the 12 month out, I can start getting really serious.

I LOVE your engagement story!! I read it on your PJ and thought it was both romantic and hilarious, what a great tale to tell! We are SO excited about the glass slipper, it was such a lucky find!

Oh man isn't family drama so difficult? I hope everything works out with your bother and dad / step-mom --- We decided some time ago that Dad's wife isn't invited ... unless Dad decides to contribute to the wedding. In which case he can invite whoever he wants. Thank goodness there won't be much alcohol for her to over indulge in x_x

Thanks for reading and taking all the effort with such a warm reply! I love long-winded, and glad to know I'm not the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbride412 View Post
I just found your PJ from Ginger's page. I wish you all the best with wedding planning and here's hoping your families will all attend!

My DH and I had a Cinderella theme too (well, that and Pirates). I love the ideas you have and am SUPER jealous that you're planning a Castle wedding! DH said we could do that, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a wedding.

I like the stamp you want, but if it's expensive, have you checked Michael's or another hobby shop? I seem to remember finding a castle in their Disney collection of stamps. I know I definitely remember seeing Cinderella. Just a thought, it may be a little cheaper and what's the harm of checking it out first to see if it's what you want?

Wish I had known about the glass slipper from the Disney store. I would've loved to have one! I just thought of a plaque that DH bought me for our first Christmas that would go perfectly with your theme and your engagement story. I'd have to ask where he got it, but it says "One shoe can change your life. -Cinderella" So sweet for you two!

Don't worry about planning so much so early. We had decided on a Disney cruise and date and Castaway Cay before we ever talked to anyone! I started calling 15 months out and only got a response of "We can only plan those ceremonies 8 months out." Well, I kept persisting and finally got our date set a few weeks later. You're close to your 16 month limit! Just keep calling or emailing once you get your planner.

I wish you all the happiness in the World Happy planning!
Thanks so much for the warm sentiments!

Cinderella and Pirates?!! I have GOT to see pictures of that, how fun!

I will have to check Michaels. The only problem is that I am very particular, it has to be THE Castle, you know? Not just any castle. Aahh picky. I am sure if I could find one at a hobby shop it would be more affordable though.. Thanks for the idea :D

I think some disney stores still have the glass slipper! When I went back to talk to the manager of the store we went to, she said that HQ was really impressed they sold theirs so quickly. I guess they aren't selling well (which isn't surprizing, there is absolutely ZERO advertisment or PR on the thing no matter how hard I look!) That plaque sounds so sweet! I would love to know where it is from :D

Hhaha!! I love that you pestered them into working with you. Good job! I contacted DFTW finally and told them what I want ... and that seems about it until I can go for a site visit (we were going to, but unexpected dental and car work came up .. and we had to be adults -- darn).

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Alison!
I've so enjoyed reading your PJ! It's fabulous!!!

Omg, a castle wedding!! That's so awesome! I have no doubt that it will be all sorts of beautiful, magical, and fun! I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait so long to get your date from DFTW. It will be worth the wait though, I'm sure!

I absolutely adore your theme as well! I love vintage-style weddings, and Main Street will be a perfect compliment to your venues. I think your colors will suit this perfectly also!

I love love love your bouquet!!! That is just drop dead gorgeous! It's such an effervescent arrangement with a bit of a Victorian feel also. Seriously perfect! If you all decide to have attendants, what sort of flowers do you think you'll select?

Your welcome bags sound great! I'm also doing this for DF and I's guests, and they've been lots of fun to put together.

The hearts guestbook is too cute for words! I think I've seen this before on pinterest, and thought what a great idea it is.

I'm really impressed you've already figured out your music!! My planning guide for DCL is due this week and requires our music selections, and we're struggling big time with the music component. Hopefully we'll figure something out soon though

What an incredible engagement!! It was such a wonderful story to read, and I loved seeing all the photos! That's awesome that you had Disney photogs there to capture such a special moment. Your ring is gorgeous!

I am sorry to hear that some people in your family are struggling with your engagement. I can only imagine how disappointing/hurtful that can be in the face of your obvious happiness/love with Katie. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! Maybe they will surprise you, and realize that supporting/loving you all is the most important thing.

Love both the monograms, but the fancy one seems to fit with the feel of your wedding better. Didn't know you could do that on the weddingchicks website!!

DF and I had a disagreement about photography too... It's hard when each member of the couple prioritizes it differently, cause it is an expensive part of weddings. That's awesome that Katie has come around to the idea. I'm sure she'll be very happy she did in the end.

The Disneyland invite from Impressions is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what the Disney World one looks like!

Can't wait to see more of your plans! You're off to an incredible start already!! This is going to be a spectacular wedding!
Thanks for the nice complement! Sorry I've been gone for so long!

I think the worst part about waiting so long for the date is trying to explain it to everyone else! "What is your date?" "Weell.. we want this date but might not get it cause of uuhh..."

Oh it has been so fun thinking up vintage and Main St and Disney things all mixed together!! I think it will go over very well

For flowers- - Thank you! And you hit the nail on the head, flowers for attendants are one of the main reasons I'm not sure about having attendants at all -- there is a decent amount of money involved in things like FLOWERS! Soo ... I don't know. Suggestions welcome!

Music is one of Katie's very favorite things about weddings, so it was easy to start picking out songs pretty early. We have had our first dance song picked out for quite a while now :D Best of luck with your song selection! There really is no wrong way to do it, so have fun

About the engagement -- thank you thank you thank you!! It was such a special day and katie was so good at surprising me :D The photos are so cute ... it just makes me wish I had done a better job on my hair and had bangs already ! Oh well, it is so real the way it looks :D Also, the ring was my Mom's ... she gave it to me/us a few years ago for Christmas. I cried so much, because I thought she had pawned it, and because it was just weeks after she had an epiphany and decided to be fully supportive of me/us and our relationship. It means a whole lot to me.

Thanks for the encouragement -- I hope they do surprise me. I finally made my dad make time to come visit on September 30 and we will see how it goes...

I agree about the fancy monogram. I keep going round in circles with ideas. Right now I am thinking of something similar to the coach in the DFTW logo ... but with the circle coach part changed to looked more like a C.

I keep stalking impressions hoping to see if they have released the Disney World invites!!! Not yet ... but there is a really pretty one with that same Cinderella Pumpkin Coach logo I am eyeing...

Thanks for the great reply and for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrelievable View Post
The drive from Pueblo to Greeley is about two and a half to three hours depending on how much traffic I hit. My parents dreaded it every time I wanted to come home for the weekend so they ended up buying me my own car my freshman year just so they didn't have to pick me up anymore. Haha.

Anyway back to the wedding, that shoe is just perfect for you guys! And those invitations, gah, gorgeous. Fingers crossed Disney World offers something similar, preferably in a color you want. I hope your dress appointment went well! I can't wait to see the dress, dresses are probably my favorite parts of weddings.
Two and ahalf to three hours isn't as bad as I thought ... but I bet you drive pretty fast What a great way to get your own car!!

Yes those invites!! Like I said above, I am checking for them all the time -- but the Cinderella Coach ones they just came out with are really lovely!

AH I BOUGHT A DRESS!! Details to come :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireofmarajade View Post
Awesome to hear from you and hope all of your disney dreams come true!
Thanks so much!! Today is/was your wedding day!!! I am so excited for you still and can't wait to hear all about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Thanks so much! Great to meet another 2014 bride :D Right around the same time, too! Yes, tell him it is good to plan early, if for no other reason than to have time to wait for specific invites or take advantage of great sales when they happen :D Looking forward to reading about your wedding as well!!

---------------

Whew. Thanks again to everyone for all the replies, it is so fun to be able to share this with everyone! Sorry I was gone for so long, things like life, work, and major house-cleaning took priority. Though really, it's a good thing. The reason I was on my computer and updating so much and so thoroughly is due to a migraine that lasted somewhere around two months. The only thing that made my head feel better was to lay still with my head supported. That equaled LOTS of time online . The headache is gone now as long as I stay on my meds, and I am trying to get in touch with my Dr. to see about getting OFF the meds ... but that obviously is a whole other story.

Will try to update more regularly! My goal is two updates a month to go with each purchase per paycheck
Alifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:37 AM   #39
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Hi again!!!

Let's jump right in ... last update I was just about to go visit some pretty dresses.

The dress I went to see ended up having INSANE amounts of tulle ... whoa. Too much! I tried on some others and ....

... I BOUGHT A DRESS! okay, even better, MY MOM bought me a dress!! It fit me perfectly, it's ivory, and it was discontinued and on SALE!! I had to buy it because I love it, and this was probably my last chance to get it .. and what a bargain! It was only $400 !!! So Mom bought it and all the undergarments for me :D Yay thanks Mom!!! I can't post a pic here because Katie is adorable and wants to know nothing about the dress. PM me if you would like to see one not-so-good phone photo :D

Then, to go with the dress. I bought a headpiece. I looked at EVERY crown/tiara/comb with pearls on etsy. I kid you not, all of them. I stumbled upon this beautiful vintage piece that I HAD to have .. and again ... it was a super bargain. The beaded crown I liked the most was $150 ... sigh .. that is a bit much.. The vintage one? $20 !! My neighbor and friend talked me into buying it, assuring that it was only a small investment if it didn't work out, compared to a huge disappointment if I missed out on it. Again, PM me if you would like a pic :D.

I am looking into (highlight to read, KATIE, stay away and NO CLICKY :P ) shoes covered in lace with some pearl and shiney details and a low heel like this

As well as a lace shrug / bolero to go with the dress. I love this one

I think I will make the shoes, but buy the shrug. Still looking and saving for now

---------

I sent my dad an e-mail a bit ago telling him I missed him and wanted to see him before the holidays. He arranged to come down here on Sept 20-22. I made sure to ask that we could have some time with just him and me ... and I am going to tell him that we are planning a wedding and that it will be in Disney World and that I really hope he will come .... augh, I know I will cry. Logically I think he will come, but I don't think that he will be very happy about it. He is so sentimental though, so I really don't think he will miss his daughter's wedding. Hope hope hope.

---------

On a happier note! DFTW JUST released some new invites, and there is one that I really love!!! I spent some time today making a mock-up on the Michael's website. It was fun, and I think I could be really happy with these! What is even better is it calculated the cost as I selected options, and they aren't too expensive at all. Under $300 for everything (Invites, respond cards, reception cards and all applicable envelopes). They are pretty and the color goes with our theme!

Carriage Invite Mock-up by Alifay1, on Flickr
I really like the idea of the carriage on the invite ... since that is how Cinderella first came to the castle anyway . Still waiting to see what Impressions comes out with their Disney World exclusive invites!! So excited for that!
--------

Okay ... I think that is all that is new. PM me for pics of dress / headpiece!!

Last edited by Alifay; 08-30-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Alifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #40
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Wow! I love those invites! And I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with that bolero! Amazing!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I was looking at the same invites for myself, but then I decided that it wasn't really the theme I was going for. But I do think they would be perfect for your wedding/theme! I also love the bolero and congrats on getting the dress on sale! I will have to PM you to see it! I'm trying to hold off on dress shopping, because I know once I have it I will want to wear it and probably will find excuses to try it on. I hope everything goes well when your dad comes to visit
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #42
silverarrowknits
makin' memories

I am loving your planning journal so far! If my DF and I weren't poor graduate students, we totally would be getting married at the castle. I am so excited to be able to live vicariously through you! :

I also love the idea of a pretty marriage contract. The idea hadn't even crossed my mind. I guess I will be adding another item to the ever growing to do list.

I can't wait to read more about your plans.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #43
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on the PJ and I'm loving all the new updates. All the ideas you have for the Main Street theme are fabulous - having the mayor and Dapper Dans, would be totally amazing! And I love that Main Street and Cinderella are kind of combining into a single idea - the castle is at the end of Main Street after all! I love your invite ideas and the monograms are really cute too! Also, the second of the attire items you linked to is amazing. I love it!

I've never heard of that decorative marriage contract idea either. It kind of makes a lot of sense when you hear it, but I'd have never thought of it. May have to look into myself too....

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #44
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Hey there!

I have enjoyed reading your PJ so far (I've been secretly lurking in the background)... Super jealous of your castle wedding! We don't have nearly the flexibility needed to have one.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the STDs because we are planning on doing the same thing. We were in WDW a few weeks ago, and started asking for some blank keys. Disney just changed their key to the world cards to a system where you just hold the key in front of the lock, not actually stick it in the slot. That means that the keys are a lot more expensive now. I tried to ask if they had old keys in the back that they were looking to get rid of, but apparently if they returned them to a recycling program or something, they got money for them. You may have better luck than we did, but the best we did was get one blank one that we could scan into the computer and use to reproduce.
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #45
longwaybycarriage
Earning My Ears

Castle wedding?

Can't wait to see how it all comes together! I love the colours you've chosen and I've been drooling over the invites you've posted...oh and main street is the theme for the house we will one day build

The no kids thing...we're still trying to figuring our way around that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: