Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Post The year of Disney

Hello there all you Disney NUTS......I totally say that in a good way. Its nice to see so many genuinely happy and vibrant group of people that come together for there love of Magical happiness. That being said( now you know i'm truly corny) my name is Alexandra, I'm 24 and I am live in Philadelphia. I am a nurse, and I love my job because I love helping people. Lets meet the fam.......
There is my husband Jesse(27) and my two sons Nicholas(18months) and Jordan(1 month)

[/url]

Now it's time for the
Who: My husband Jesse and I, we have been together since 2005(high school sweetheart) got married in 2010
What:Christmas time at Disney world, this means MVMCP, CP and all those lovely Christmas trees
When: December 10-15
Where: originally POR, changed to POP
Why: This is a little more complicated.........Hubby cause he is so nice and sweet; told me that we should go to WDW for my birthday. I was like fantastic I have never been and we are basically two big kids why not? But do I really want to do Christmas day with a five month old and my 22 month old... no I'm good lol. But the seed was planted next he came and was like... honey I know you really want to go, I'm laughing on the inside like yea, just me sweetie lol. Well we sat down and came up with a romantic vacation in early December just me and him. I have a big loving family which I trust that will be looking after my precious cargo lol. Let me tell everyone that it is so hard leaving them even for 5 days. I have never been apart from Nicholas and imagine sweet baby Jordan. But my husband and I both agree this trip is very much needed( much needed lol as we have not vacationed alone since 2007.

So we, which really means I started to plan this trip. I actually planned everything through Disney. Even though we have never been to Disney we go to Florida like twice a year. It shames me to say I have been everywhere but. Disney(universal studios,islands of adventure,sea world, Busch gardens, aquatica) So Hubby wanted to stay in Disney to take advantage of the transportation, so he didn't have to drive around(I drive but when we ride together he is the main driver) he wants this to be a relaxing vacation.

We have booked from December 10 arriving @ 11am via delta hopping on Disney shuttle and staying at PORRoyal. We will be staying till 3pm Sat December 15 then returning home. WDW included free dining which was a good offer. Next planning everything lol.

I am looking at touringplans to find out what parks on what days then to do plan all the ADR's. We plan on doing CP,MVMCP, the sleighride,and maybe the FP and Wishes Dessert Party but we are still unsure. If you have any advice or ADR recommendation please chime in.......: banana:

Last edited by bellaally; 01-12-2013 at 07:21 PM.
bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

First of all, to the DIS!

Can't see your photos, so I'm gonna have to imagine you have a beautiful family.

Good for you on snagging FD in December. My ADR recommendations are to make them ASAP, especially if you want the more popular restaurants (Le Cellier, Ohana, Chef Mickey, CRT, etc.). You are going during the holidays and during FD, so those ressies are going to fill up quickly!

Look forward to reading more about your plans, etc.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Where do I Begin

I have been researching all the time since setting up my vacation package with Disney. There is a million and one things to do for a Disney vacation. This trip is for me and my hubby to experience Disney at our speed; without the kids. We are trying to do as many things as possible, which would normally be a little more complex with kids. I adore my kids and cant imagine leaving them for the six days that we will be there but, the adults need to have fun too. Its nice to just plan for the two of us. So this trip we want to hit up all the headliner rides and see as many shows as possible.

While planning this vacation there is much information to process. Santa has many helpers, and I do too lol. For starters these boards are god sent, if I cant find an answer to a question, a thread will point me in the right direction. For planning my ADRs and for general reviews on the foods in Disney Disneyfoodblog is perfect, also allears has every single menu and all prices so I can budget ahead of time. The book I am using that is like the Disney dictionary and i recommend getting this book even before you begin to plan is the unofficial guide to Disney. For discounts and savings mousesavers hands down. Now for managing time and efficiently getting around the parks touringplans, I am in this process now. First park I am planning is Magic Kingdom will post when finished

I enjoy planning it gets me excited for my trip as well as gets me informed so I don't feel like a tourist or lworst standing in the middle of magic Kingdom asking what time does fantasmic start(how embarrassing)

If your thinking about laying down $$ on yuletide tour, watch HGTV Behind Disney Holidays. Its shows all the behind the scenes, on how Disney puts that extra magic into the holidays; as well as shows cast member only areas like the warehouse. In which all the decorations are keep. If you like it then you will most likely want to do the tour. It also has lots of extras like how Disney gets all there flowers and plants ready for the holidays.

Last edited by bellaally; 09-04-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: duplicate writing
Old 07-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Preliminary Itinerary

This is my preliminary Itinerary. I based it off of what is suppose to be low crowds for each park on that specific day. I used touringplans as well as easyWDW. Most of my days are especially low crowds. My two MK Days are during MVMCP for good reason, After reading a lot from other DIS members and also touringplans it is the best time to visit MK.

The park is not crowded because people tend to visit other parks then go around four for the Christmas Party, or they think that it a waste of a ticket because MK closes early(around 7pm) and there is no wishes or late Parade that day. I rather enjoy a less crowded park and we can probably do more rides on that Tuesday. My plan is to do as many rides as we can on Tuesday(ultimate tourguide from TPs) Then Thursday we are there all day so we will do all the extras and parades and meet and greets! DHS is the only park I am worried about because its was busy all week so i picked the most logical Wednesday. I am hoping that we get to do a lot seeing as we are only there for one day and we want to watch fantasmic minus the dinning package!!

December 10- Epcot
Lunch sunshine seasons
Dinner coral reef
CP
Illuminations

December 11- MK
Breakfast- resort
Lunch cosmic rays
MK closes at 7pm
Dinner T-Rex
Going to downtown Disney

December 12-DHS
Breakfast starring rolls
Lunch opened
Dinner Sci Fi

December 13- MK
Breakfast resort
liberty tavern
MVMCP

December 14- AK
Breakfast resort
Lunch beaches and cream
Touring resorts Xmas decor
Dinner ohana

December 15- Relaxing, DTD
Breakfast
Lunch

Here is a link to my hourly itinerary https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WxkTUo3Z2FETmc

Last edited by bellaally; 09-26-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Hi and welcome to the DIS! December is an awesome time to go to WDW The weather and decorations make it worth the slight crowds - although in early Dec there are not as many ppl as there will be closer to the holiday break.

I would not recommend doing Wishes dessert party your first night - you might be tired from traveling and spending time in the park. Anything that requires pre-payment or will charge a no-show fee (signature/character meals) I would book on a different day.

Instead you could go to DtD and then back to the hotel for an early night or you could go straight to the MK once the ME drops you off at the resort and get lunch there. You can leave any carry-ons at bell services so no worries about lugging stuff around the park If you decide to go back to POR after DtD you could go to the pool or the lounge.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeitel
Hi and welcome to the DIS! December is an awesome time to go to WDW The weather and decorations make it worth the slight crowds - although in early Dec there are not as many ppl as there will be closer to the holiday break.

I would not recommend doing Wishes dessert party your first night - you might be tired from traveling and spending time in the park. Anything that requires pre-payment or will charge a no-show fee (signature/character meals) I would book on a different day.

Instead you could go to DtD and then back to the hotel for an early night or you could go straight to the MK once the ME drops you off at the resort and get lunch there. You can leave any carry-ons at bell services so no worries about lugging stuff around the park If you decide to go back to POR after DtD you could go to the pool or the lounge.
I did some revising and switched up everything so we don't have to run to our next thing to do. I am just so excited and want to do as much as possible!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Joining in, can not wait to hear plans!!!! We will be there the same time as you guys! We have never been during the Christmas season so all that is new to me but later I might remember some basic tips.

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
Dream426
Love Disney!!

Joining in and welcome to the boards!!

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
bellaally
DIS Veteran

First Day.....Soarin

This is a pretty crazy day to schedule. This is our travel day and since we only have six days in WDW (Due to husbands limited time off as well as not wanting to be apart from the kiddies too long). I decided to pick ...drumroll please........Epcot, you might have noticed from the title.

Our trip starts extra early on December 10,2012 like around 12:40am when hubby arrives home from work(he works for SEPTA as a automotive technician, and works the midshift). I will have kids and luggage packed. We will then drive from Philadelphia,PA to Brooklyn, NYC. I am seriously wanting for him to get the day before we leave off as well so that we will have that day to drive don't want him to be tired at WDW. We will arrive at NYC around 3am. We are going to my sisters house and resting for a couple hours then we have 8:25am flight from JFK to MCO. We have to drive from my sisters house to the airport long term park.We arrive at 11:24am.

Here is where the Magic begins lol, We are scheduled to go on the Disney Magic Express.

I have read up thoroughly. We are going to be checking in online as to try and skip the long lines at counter check in. Then it off to our Resort or home sweet home lol.

I am planning to get to the resort hand our bags over, get our keys and run out as fast as we can. We will be hopping on the transportation bus and heading over to EPCOT. Now I am planning to get there by 2pm. The park is the least crowded on this Monday( as everyone should be at MK(EMH)and no MVMCP). I plan on heading over to Soarin and getting FPs. I will later do my touringplan for EPCOT. I have planned lunch at Sunshine Seasons, we have Dinner ADRs for Coral Reef.

Some must do attractions:
Mission Space
Maelstrom
Impressions de France
Journey into the Imagination
O Canada
Reflections of China
The seas with Nemo and Friends
Test Track
Soarin

Some Shows:
Some places in Holidays around the world
Candlelight Processional
Illuminations

Must Eat(try):
Schoolbread (Kringla Bakeri)

Kari Gori (Japan)

Baklava (Morocco)

Caramel Popcorn (Germany sweet shop)

I know it seems like alot but we will see when we get there how crowded things are and if we want to wait for things once there.

Last edited by bellaally; 09-27-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: switching arrival day
Old 07-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Post WDW Tips For Virgins(update 9/5/2012)

I have learned so many things since joining these boards. I read threads about tips and even on trip reports if i see something in a picture or read someone experience and I think to myself that's cool i want to do something like that. So i am complying a list of tips I found helpful while planning or interesting. I will continue to update it until my trip.

• Water is free from any quick service meal location.

• The best time to go on rides at MK is during the 3pm parade. Lines are normally much smaller then.

• Fastpass is free for all Walt Disney World Guests, also if the line is less the 15 minutes get in it, if its more you should get a fastpass

• You cannot use extra "days" on your park tickets to park hop on the same day. If you want to hop you have to buy the park hopper add on. its one base cost for the hopper if your adding it to 1 day or 10

• You can make breakfast ADR's before the park opens and have a chance to walk down main street with no people.

• If it is your birthday or your first visit you get a special button to wear and be ready to receive plenty of smiles all day long

• If you are staying at a resort you can have all purchases sent to the resort gift shop. If your not staying at the resorts or leaving that day , they can be sent near the exit to be picked up before you leave.

• Disney will tell you to allow 60-90 minutes to get around the world using their transportation. They aren't joking. If you have to transfer, it can take that long. Plan ahead, especially If you have guaranteed something with a credit card!

• Disney's free app will just give you whatever they have posted in the park, not actual wait times. It's still helpful, but there are better apps.
• Even if you don't book through Disney, go on their website and sign up for an account. Order the planning DVD and some free souvenir maps. You might get a surprise in the mail - a PIN number for a discount on your trip!

• Certain nights in Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec the Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm for the Halloween and Christmas parties. You need a separate ticket to attend those events.

• if you want at any table service restaurants you need to make reservations 6 months in advance

• No flash photography means NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. Especially on dark rides or during dark shows. Nothing ruins the magic like several pops of light showing reflections off of mirrors or glass that you wouldn't know was there if not for the flash.

• You can order a kid's meal for yourself at any counter service place that has them. You don't have to show them a kid.

• You're allowed to visit different resort hotels to eat at their restaurants or just to admire the decorating. especially around Christmas time.

Last edited by bellaally; 09-05-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: adding context
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Random Update Disneyland 2013

Just got great news, my husband and I were talking about next years vacations and we wanted to do something different. The Claudio's are going to California. Also since we are there might as well go to Disneyland cross something off the bucket list.

My hubby and I were discussing doing one adult trip each year. I suggested we do something for our third wedding anniversary in May 2013. His ultimate wish is to go to the price is right. He will die happy if he could go even though he probably won't get picked to play. So i was thinking about doing the southern city pass. For $279 for 3 days at Disneyland and one day at universal Hollywood studios and one day at Seaworld. I am trying to talk him instead into going back to WDW to rent some DVC points and getting a one bedroom villa at AKL. But he wants California. Hey it gets one thing off my Disney Bucket-list! But I am not Planning that trip till I am done with this one.

Last edited by bellaally; 09-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Talking Disney Bucket List

My Disney bucket list:
* stay in the grand Floridian during the holidays
*go on a Disney cruise
*go to MVMCP
* take our kids and there kids on there first Disney trip.( my kids are both under two so that's a long way off lol)
*stay overnight like during leap year
*go to disneyland
* get pictures with 25 characters
*trade pins in every resort and park[wdw]
* eat at every TS restaurant Including resorts and DTD
*have platinum package
*surprise my kids with a Disney trip
* attend a wedding at Disney
*halloween party

Last edited by bellaally; 09-05-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Lightbulb Disney Movie Night Idea

I was thinking about an idea for getting into the spirit of the holidays. Here on DIS, I learned about lots of folk doing Disney movie theme night. I love to cook, hubby likes to eat and we both love Disney movies!
Here are the Disney movies list so far

Cars
Toy story
Mulan
POTC
Tangled
Aladdin
Beauty and the beast
The little mermaid
Finding nemo
Ratatouille

I need other non cartoon Disney movies lol
So we have 19 Fridays to go, seems like a lot. I sort of wish we could just go already. This Friday we are planning to watch either Mulan or Toy Story 3 the respective menus are as follows:

Mulan
* chicken fried rice
*beef wontons
*banana and nutella wontons dessert
We will eat on our low coffee table with Asian inspired dinnerware and chopsticks

Toy Story 3
*pizza planet pizza
* loaded mr.potato heads
* alien cupcakes

I love to cook so no ordering out, I cook from scratch lol. Hubby really wants the toy story we will see lol.

Last edited by bellaally; 09-05-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Post Meeting the Classics

The more and more I research the more I want to do character meet and greets. I think it would be magical even now at 25 to meet some of my favorite characters from my childhood. My husband on the other hand I wouldn't think it's something he would want to do. This being our first trip I want to put more attention and focus on getting main attractions done, instead of waiting in a long line for a picture and autograph. But I was going to put together a list of must meet character maybe five each. I know darling hubby loves toy story and every character in it. As for me my absolute favorites are Ariel and Aladdin.

Must meets:
Ariel
Aladdin
Buzz
Woody
Jessie
Lighting McQueen
Rapunzel
Winnie the pooh
Tigger
Belle

Last edited by bellaally; 09-05-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: