Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #91
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
I was happy with the winner. Maybe it's my own personal taste, but I thought his clothes were more polished and sophisticated - and definitely more commercial - than the runner up. As much as I liked the runner up as a person, I think his collection was a little too 'out there', much like Jay, the winner of Season 1. And when was the last time anyone heard about him or his clothes...

The person I had been rooting for - the front-runner all season - lost all his self-confidence and really just melted under the pressure for the finale. And the last person in the final four...well, I don't think she ever really had a chance. She won, I think, one challenge all season. I think she kinda lucked into the finale. But I did love that red leather dress in her collection.

PS - Did anyone notice that Elena won Fan Favorite? How the heck did that happen?!
Really now...it was blood orange!

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #92
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post

Liz
LOL...now there you go, being all pretentious and everything!
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #93
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Did I see that there's going to be a new Project Runway All-Stars starting up?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #94
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I was definitely happy Dmitry won. He was the obvious choice after hearing from Tim before the show, comments from guests at the runway show and during the judging. Looking at his biography, he is a graduate of Parsons, won on some other fashion design tv show, and I think was working for Calvin Klein. He already had a lot of experience in the field.

And was it just me or were most of the runway models really unattractive? I felt they all looked awkward on the runway. PR has shown casting the models in the past and the designers always ended up with some really good looking girls. I wasn't impressed with this group's girls.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #95
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was happy with the winner. Maybe it's my own personal taste, but I thought his clothes were more polished and sophisticated - and definitely more commercial - than the runner up. As much as I liked the runner up as a person, I think his collection was a little too 'out there', much like Jay, the winner of Season 1. And when was the last time anyone heard about him or his clothes...

The person I had been rooting for - the front-runner all season - lost all his self-confidence and really just melted under the pressure for the finale. And the last person in the final four...well, I don't think she ever really had a chance. She won, I think, one challenge all season. I think she kinda lucked into the finale. But I did love that red leather dress in her collection.

PS - Did anyone notice that Elena won Fan Favorite? How the heck did that happen?!
Absolutely agree -- so much so that I could have written the same.

I expected from the judge's comments & reactions that it was going to go the other way because the winner had been repeatedly the bridesmaid all season & it was baldly stated that the ultimate runner up would need this recognition to get a line produced because it was so conceptual.

It was very refreshing to see they all treated each other decently & attempted to be supportive. I'm not a fan of the survivor-style attitude in every competition out there.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #96
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Did I see that there's going to be a new Project Runway All-Stars starting up?
Next week already.

Casanova is one of the competitors. He may be a lovely person, but gives off a creeper vibe somehow.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #97
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post

Liz
Quote:
LOL...now there you go, being all pretentious and everything!

Even though I was routing for Christopher, I'm happy Dimitri won. His clothes are beautiful, and he deserves it.
Thank Goodness Fabio didn't win, I really thought he was going to. (I don't mean that in a mean way he seems like such a nice guy but his clothes are just ugly!)
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #98
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

YAY Dmitry! Even though he reminds me of Gru from Despicable Me, I LOVED him and his designs.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #99
Nohal
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Dimitri won. His clothes were the most fashionable of the bunch. I never liked Fabios clothes and don't get all of the love for what he did. To me it looked like a bunch of fabric just thrown on the models. Christopher was his own worst enemy at the end I thing the pressure got to him. Can't wait for the all star show starting next week.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #100
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Dimitry was my favorite from the beginning. Now that I think about it, this may be the first time my favorite won!

I won't be watching All Stars. I LOATHE and DESPISE Josh with the fire of a thousand suns and you couldn't pay, threaten, or force me to watch anything with his smarmy face and smug attitude. Yes, I have feeeelings about that dbag.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #101
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to the AllStars as I enjoy Kayne, Suede, Peach, and Ule. However, I'm not looking forward to Ivy, she was an over confident B during her season. I don't know the season 9 people, didn't bother to watch.
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012

Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #102
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I just got around to watching the finale: I agree with most other posters-I liked Christopher the whole way through but he just crumpled at the end. I do think his collection was good but he couldn't put anything together and just crumpled. He even looked physically sick in the last judging scene! He seemed to be the youngest-guess he just needed a little more time to 'grow'.

OMG-Why do they get guest judges for the finale?? When Jennifer Hudson said that Dimitri didn't need the win because he could sell his clothes without the backing of the show I almost choked the tv!! Shut it!! You don't know that he was good through the whole season and Fabio just made his collection a whole lot better in the last 2 days!

Melissa didn't stand a chance. Finally Nina said what I've been thinking the whole time-her stuff looked like everything else out there. It was nice, it looked polished-it just looked like everything else!

Oh, and I'll probably be watching All Stars but I do not like a lot of them that are coming back.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #103
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
OMG-Why do they get guest judges for the finale?? When Jennifer Hudson said that Dimitri didn't need the win because he could sell his clothes without the backing of the show I almost choked the tv!! Shut it!! You don't know that he was good through the whole season and Fabio just made his collection a whole lot better in the last 2 days!

How interesting that an AI cast-off would make a comment like that since surveys show that AI voters have a tendency to vote for contestants who "need the win" rather than the most talented. How special that she's carrying that nonsensical attitude onto another show and trying to award the crown to the lesser talent.

That kind of attitude really burns me. The crown should go to the person who is the best, not the neediest. These shows aren't Queen for a Day.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #104
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

I love Dimitry (all his fabulous one-liners) but once I saw the final collections I was really pulling for Fabio to win. IMO, it was gorgeous and totally original. I loved it.

Re: All-Stars, it is so so mean of Bravo to cast Andre in a show without Tim Gunn or Santino.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #105
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw
I love Dimitry (all his fabulous one-liners) but once I saw the final collections I was really pulling for Fabio to win. IMO, it was gorgeous and totally original. I loved it.

Re: All-Stars, it is so so mean of Bravo to cast Andre in a show without Tim Gunn or Santino.
LOVE Santino!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: