Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #46
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Does anybody else feel it's time the show gave at least one week where the designers had much more time to think about the challenge, create their design, shop for the raw goods and then execute their design more fully? Rather than the need to focus on the messy interpersonal drama and meltdowns, maybe they might find they could pull an audience who would really love to see what these creative folks could really do & be ready to be wowed by showstopping looks.

Or how about an episode where designers could go back and tweak or flesh out more fully some of their previous designs? As awesome as Christopher's NYC Rockette costume was I would have liked to see more contrast colors -- either a dark metallic skirt or a midnight blue fabric behind the skyscrapers to make them pop. I'm sure the designers have tons of coulda, woulda, shouldas that would make some of the loser looks incredible with more time and tweaking.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #47
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodifla View Post
Anybody else happy to see Ven go??
I do not feel Ven should have gone this week. Seriously, Elena's costume was HIDEOUS!! Just really awful.
Even the tackiest Dance Company wouldn't have worn that.

And Sonja's costume was not well thought out at all. The feathers would not make it through 1/2 a performance.

One if those 2 should have gone home based on this challenge.

What I couldn't believe was that Ven was only 28yrs old. Wow, he seems older.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #48
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
As awesome as Christopher's NYC Rockette costume was I would have liked to see more contrast colors -- either a dark metallic skirt or a midnight blue fabric behind the skyscrapers to make them pop.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I do not feel Ven should have gone this week. Seriously, Elena's costume was HIDEOUS!! Just really awful.

And Sonja's costume was not well thought out at all. The feathers would not make it through 1/2 a performance.

Elena's was hideous, but I guess she at least tried to be creative -- Ven's, while pretty, was anything but creative. I guess they realized that if he wasn't doing "rose origami", that that's the best they could get from him. He does look/seem older than his age.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #49
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

I thinkl this week will be BAD....baby clothes?

Ven's was TOO BORING!!!!!

and elena is now a Fan Favorite
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #50
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Yes, baby clothes, ugh....do you think most (any??) of these designers have even held a baby?
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #51
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodifla View Post
Yes, baby clothes, ugh....do you think most (any??) of these designers have even held a baby?
Aw, come on, should be cute. It's so ironic they would do this challenge right when Heidi has a line of baby products coming out.

Obviously Ms. Klum scored high marks in her synergistic marketing class.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #52
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post

As a dance mom, can I tell you how much I HATE costumes with feathers. This was DD15 competiton tap costume this past year. They had to wear it 4 times and I can't tell you how many feathers we lost to molting. The head piece didn't even make it past the 1st competition before we had to gather up molted pieces, just to glue them back together so they would have one.

Vins dress was a 1000 times better than Elena's. We have worn something very similar over the years. I haven't seen anything as hidious as Elena's since I danced back in the 80's. We wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #53
klacey1
DIS Veteran

FYI, Elena is definitely fan favorite b/c she has a Youtube video out, saying that if people vote her fan favorite, she'll donate half the money to the World Wildlife Fund. I don't think she's actually anyone's "favorite."
I'm DREADING this week's episode! Hopefully they have to create a least a coordinating woman's outfit to go with the baby clothes. It's just gotten too contrived and over the top!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #54
TanyaS
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE]Does anybody else feel it's time the show gave at least one week where the designers had much more time to think about the challenge, create their design, shop for the raw goods and then execute their design more fully?/QUOTE]

Yes! I think they should do this every season around the halfway mark. I'd love to see them have all the time they wanted at Mood.

I think the baby challenge will be fun to watch, but I think it will include a women's dress also. I've spend many hundreds of dollars on newborn and toddler clothing - it is definitely a market that designers shouldn't scoff at.
TanyaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #55
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
FYI, Elena is definitely fan favorite b/c she has a Youtube video out, saying that if people vote her fan favorite, she'll donate half the money to the World Wildlife Fund. I don't think she's actually anyone's "favorite."
I'm DREADING this week's episode! Hopefully they have to create a least a coordinating woman's outfit to go with the baby clothes. It's just gotten too contrived and over the top!
I think they did a show where they had to design a kid outfit and also a mom one that coordinated with it. I could be wrong though.

I think its really sad that she is doing that, I mean its great that she will donate the money, but if its a cause you feel so strongly about how about coming up with a real fundraiser instead of bribing for votes. I like her even less now and I didn't think that was possible.

I'm glad Ven is gone and please please let it be Elena this week
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #56
Kae
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=TanyaS;46255967]
Quote:
Does anybody else feel it's time the show gave at least one week where the designers had much more time to think about the challenge, create their design, shop for the raw goods and then execute their design more fully?/QUOTE]

Yes! I think they should do this every season around the halfway mark. I'd love to see them have all the time they wanted at Mood.

I think the baby challenge will be fun to watch, but I think it will include a women's dress also. I've spend many hundreds of dollars on newborn and toddler clothing - it is definitely a market that designers shouldn't scoff at.
They all ready do that but you have to be in the top 3(or 4).

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #57
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh4brains View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Fabio. I really like him, too. Dmitri is my favorite, and I feel so bad for him because he does great work, and is always just safe! I am also rooting for Melissa. Ven is such a big jerk, and has a very high opinion of himself.

How is Elena a fan favorite???
I know, WHAT is up with that? It sure seems like a bribe to me...that she would donate (which is great) but still.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!

Last edited by njmom47; 09-24-2012 at 06:10 PM.
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #58
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom47 View Post
I know, WHAT is up with that? It sure seems like a bribe to me...that she would donate (which is great) but still.
Yes, I don't understand how this is legal under the rules.

And she is SO unpleasant! Although I did laugh quite a bit at Christopher's assessment that they were like Boris and Natasha!
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #59
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

For me Christopher has just rallied and might win it all. Demetrios has always been good. Ven is remarkable and I would wear anything he made. Solange too is very good. The eggplant chicken suit was awful. All in all Michael Kors is always on the money with his thoughts and descriptions.
honeydiane1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #60
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Elena is gone. Her outfit was such a mess.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: